Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Of course! I would love to be added! I love your icon btw!

And I hope so too!! I need to catch up on S2
Oh thank you, I think it's the only Dash/Ingrid icon in circulation for now, but I hope there'll be more soon πŸ˜‰
BTW, I added you πŸ˜„
Do you have to start S2 yet or have you already seen some episodes?
They WIN.
jade97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Haven't seen the episode yet...I will watch it tomorrow.
Any good scenes between them?
Audrinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)
Haven't seen the episode yet...I will watch it tomorrow.
Any good scenes between them?
I'm in your same same situation, because I live in Italy and I have to wait some hours to see it here πŸ˜‰
And more, when it airs in the USA, for me it's 3 am 😁
As soon as I'll see it I'll tell you πŸ˜‰
They WIN.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

But if anyone has seen it, feel free to talk about it here πŸ˜‰
They WIN.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

So, we got good scenes

Spoiler:

For now, I'm satisfacted πŸ˜‰
They WIN.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade97 (View Post)
Oh thank you, I think it's the only Dash/Ingrid icon in circulation for now, but I hope there'll be more soon πŸ˜‰
BTW, I added you πŸ˜„
Do you have to start S2 yet or have you already seen some episodes?
Yes, it's lovely! I hope to see more too

Thanks

I haven't started watching S2 yet, I'm not sure I even finished watching S1 to tell the truth. I kind of got bored for some reasons cause I wasn't really into Freya/Killian and into Freya being the main character, for some reasons I prefer Ingrid's sweetness Also, I liked Dash and I was kind of annoyed that he only got scenes with Freya. But now that I know he's having scenes with Ingrid it's getting me more interested
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
ElizaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yes, it's lovely! I hope to see more too

Thanks

I haven't started watching S2 yet, I'm not sure I even finished watching S1 to tell the truth. I kind of got bored for some reasons cause I wasn't really into Freya/Killian and into Freya being the main character, for some reasons I prefer Ingrid's sweetness Also, I liked Dash and I was kind of annoyed that he only got scenes with Freya. But now that I know he's having scenes with Ingrid it's getting me more interested

Ah, I agree that it wasn't fair for Dash in season one to appear almost only with Freya... I know many people considered him boring, but I actually liked and like him very much, and even if I knew Freya would have never ended up with him, I was still really upset when she left him for Killian, because I found it really unfair, when he had been SO good to her
So, like you I always preferred Ingrid's characters, she's ironic, clever, sweet, and I still think she's a better witch then Freya, but anyway...
In season one I always hoped that since Freya connected with Killian, maybe Dash and Ingrid could have connected as well, though not in the same way as Frillian... A good friendship, to start with
But now finally The God of tv shows seems to have listened to me, and I'm so happy that Dash this season has practically interaction only with Ingrid, but not JUST with her
I really like them together and I hope that the writers do a good job with them and don't screw them up, because I'd be REALLY UPSET
They WIN.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ah, I agree that it wasn't fair for Dash in season one to appear almost only with Freya... I know many people considered him boring, but I actually liked and like him very much, and even if I knew Freya would have never ended up with him, I was still really upset when she left him for Killian, because I found it really unfair, when he had been SO good to her
So, like you I always preferred Ingrid's characters, she's ironic, clever, sweet, and I still think she's a better witch then Freya, but anyway...
In season one I always hoped that since Freya connected with Killian, maybe Dash and Ingrid could have connected as well, though not in the same way as Frillian... A good friendship, to start with
But now finally The God of tv shows seems to have listened to me, and I'm so happy that Dash this season has practically interaction only with Ingrid, but not JUST with her
I really like them together and I hope that the writers do a good job with them and don't screw them up, because I'd be REALLY UPSET
I completely agree with you. I think that the writers must have always intended to do more with Dash, as I believe they changed his character quite a lot from how he was in the books - I haven't read them. The love triangle they had in season 1 was far from original and ordinarily I would root for the underdog but I felt that Dash came across better than Killian and I don't think that was planned. Killian may have looked better if Dash had been a greedy businessman instead of a doctor, flying around the world to help children in third world countries. They tried to get around it slightly in the LAST episode of season 1, where Killian says Dash just sees Freya as a possession, despite there being nothing to suggest that earlier and later only by a fancy bracelet and Killian giving her a music box. Dash may well enjoy the lifestyle his family's wealth has brought and who wouldn't, but I think the work he does showed that he at least appreciates how lucky he is. Killian, however, came across much less the good-natured free spirit wanting to live life on his own terms and more like an ungrateful brat. Freya and Killian actually both come across very selfish.

I do prefer Killian with Freya than Dash but mostly because I prefer Ingrid to Freya, I'm not really as blown away by the Frillian-romance, as other people seem to be. Personally since the start of season 2, I have thought that an Ingrid/Dash relationship could be much more interesting. Especially, if they allow them to develop a solid friendship first and also allow the characters to grow individually. (One of my main issues with the Frillian romance is that it has actually left both the characters of Freya and Killian under developed. Freya desperately needs a story line that moves beyond her boring love life.) There is dark and light in both Dash and Ingrid, and I feel they will both be conflicted about just how much they can push the limits of their powers and how far they can step into the shadows, even with the best of intentions.
Coco_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I never thought Dash was boring, I always felt there was more to him and that he was hiding something... I still feel this way, eventhough I haven't read the books I know he has some darkness in him and some secrets...
I've just seen 1x06 and I loved that in another life Ingrid actually got out with a dark powerful witch guy! It actually shows she's attracted to dark powerful men and I think Dash is one of them and I think he could be able to love her more than anything else, so this will make for a very interesting relationship, IMO

I also think Ingrid is a more powerful witch than Freya

I really can't wait to see them interact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
I do prefer Killian with Freya than Dash but mostly because I prefer Ingrid to Freya, I'm not really as blown away by the Frillian-romance, as other people seem to be. Personally since the start of season 2, I have thought that an Ingrid/Dash relationship could be much more interesting. Especially, if they allow them to develop a solid friendship first and also allow the characters to grow individually. (One of my main issues with the Frillian romance is that it has actually left both the characters of Freya and Killian under developed. Freya desperately needs a story line that moves beyond her boring love life.) There is dark and light in both Dash and Ingrid, and I feel they will both be conflicted about just how much they can push the limits of their powers and how far they can step into the shadows, even with the best of intentions.
You summed it up, that's exactly how I feel

I found Frillian boring mostly because it was like "they met, they fell in love"... So... What's the big deal? I mean, it's not even like they took time to know each other, after 2 episodes Killian was already like "You know you love me". And yes, Freya seems to be all about her love life for some reasons... I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking that

That said, I don't think Dash is as good as he seems, but I like it, I've always been more interested in darker characters.
And I also think Freya/Killian are better together, she really didn't suit Dash at all... I think Dash needs a more cultured woman who could understand him and I think this is what Ingrid is. And Ingrid needs a man who could challenge her and that what Dash is, IMO
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
ElizaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That said, I don't think Dash is as good as he seems, but I like it, I've always been more interested in darker characters.
And I also think Freya/Killian are better together, she really didn't suit Dash at all... I think Dash needs a more cultured woman who could understand him and I think this is what Ingrid is. And Ingrid needs a man who could challenge her and that what Dash is, IMO [/COLOR]
I agree. You're right Dash is not all good and i like that too. I think that's why I also prefer Ingrid to Freya because, despite her being known as the 'good-one,' you can see the potetial for her to go darker, as she is so powerful. I don't think Freya could be much more than 'naughty.'

As you say both Dash and Ingrid need to be challenged, though they may not fully realise that. I think Dash saw Freya as more of an escape from his difficult work and maybe he needs to see that even without Killian, he and Freya wouldn't have worked.
Coco_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I never thought Dash was boring, I always felt there was more to him and that he was hiding something... I still feel this way, eventhough I haven't read the books I know he has some darkness in him and some secrets...
I've just seen 1x06 and I loved that in another life Ingrid actually got out with a dark powerful witch guy! It actually shows she's attracted to dark powerful men and I think Dash is one of them and I think he could be able to love her more than anything else, so this will make for a very interesting relationship, IMO

I also think Ingrid is a more powerful witch than Freya

I really can't wait to see them interact

You summed it up, that's exactly how I feel

I found Frillian boring mostly because it was like "they met, they fell in love"... So... What's the big deal? I mean, it's not even like they took time to know each other, after 2 episodes Killian was already like "You know you love me". And yes, Freya seems to be all about her love life for some reasons... I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking that

And I also think Freya/Killian are better together, she really didn't suit Dash at all... I think Dash needs a more cultured woman who could understand him and I think this is what Ingrid is. And Ingrid needs a man who could challenge her and that what Dash is, IMO
For me it was clear from the beginning that Frey and Dash couldn't really...be.
She's been going back and forth between the two of them for all season one, and I already knew that in the end she would have chosen Killian, so I literally yelled at her everytime that she tried to convince herself or her family that Dash was the one that she loved, that he was the man she wanted to spend her life with... I mean WTF!
All I could think was "Can't you just leave him alone so he can go on with his life?!"
I really couldn't stand Freya's character for these reasons...

About Dash, I always knew that there was something more in him than what we were showed, and I am grateful that they're finally giving him a good storyline! I like that he's not a goody goodie as they wanted to make him appear in S1, has has this dark spark inside of him that his powers have ignited and I can't wait to see it develop πŸ˜ƒ

About Ingrid, I loved her since her first minutes on screen, she was original and she made me smile, she was easily at the top of my favorite charachters' list πŸ˜‰
Back in the first season I was really disappointed that her "romantic storyline" practically lasted two episodes, I was like "Why can't you let this woman have a little but of love in her life"... Though after I did appreciate that they focused on her instead of her love life (like they did with Freya...)
Even now, all she has in the show is her problems with Killian... I got that they're soulmates and bla bla bla, but Jesus, get over it, you have a life outside of this guy!

As for Ingrid and Dash, I couldn't be happier when I understanded that they would bond in this season, and I really like the fact that he trusts her like anyone else 😚
I have to say this, I am excited by that idea of them together because I love their dynamic, not to mention the fact that he's a doctor, and I really want Ingrid's man to be protective of her, and in this episode
Spoiler:
try gave me shivers, maybe I'm crazy but I can't help myself 😜

So, given this, I'm curious about the
Spoiler:
I don't know if it's the same for all witches and warlocks, and if it's not, I'd like to understand more of it!
They WIN.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Add me-I've been thinking I was the only one. These two are even hotter than Killian and Freya, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
I agree. You're right Dash is not all good and i like that too. I think that's why I also prefer Ingrid to Freya because, despite her being known as the 'good-one,' you can see the potetial for her to go darker, as she is so powerful. I don't think Freya could be much more than 'naughty.'

As you say both Dash and Ingrid need to be challenged, though they may not fully realise that. I think Dash saw Freya as more of an escape from his difficult work and maybe he needs to see that even without Killian, he and Freya wouldn't have worked.
Spoiler:
Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

whoops
Old 08-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just caught the new episode....finally!

Cute scene when he was Dr. Gardiner examing his patient Ingid. Love how they joked and laughed.
Also, love how he watched her sleep.

I also find it interesting that Ingrid has not told anyone else about her situation. It's cool that she has trusted Dash to help.

I am really enjoying their growing friendship. I hope that the writers take their sweet time building their relationship and don't rush things too fast.
I hate it when shows rush romance without building it up first.

I loved Dash in season 1...he was portrayed as this "perfect" guy but he has another side to him. He is a complicated man which makes him more interesting.

I also agree with others here who posted....I am not as interested in Freya/Killian...

Dash and Ingrid all the way !

Last edited by Audrinaa; 08-11-2014 at 08:06 PM
Audrinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Add me-I've been thinking I was the only one. These two are even hotter than Killian and Freya, imo.
Added you, welcome

I love how almost everyone that find this thread always says that she thought she was the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrinaa (View Post)
I just caught the new episode....finally!

Cute scene when he was Dr. Gardiner examing his patient Ingid. Love how they joked and laughed.
Also, love how he watched her sleep.

I also find it interesting that Ingrid has not told anyone else about her situation. It's cool that she has trusted Dash to help.

I am really enjoying their growing friendship. I hope that the writers take their sweet time building their relationship and don't rush things too fast.
I hate it when shows rush romance without building it up first.

I loved Dash in season 1...he was portrayed as this "perfect" guy but he has another side to him. He is a complicated man which makes him more interesting.

I also agree with others here who posted....I am not as interested in Freya/Killian...

Dash and Ingrid all the way !
I absolutely loved Dr. Gardiner and his patient

I am very happy that they started their relationship as a friendship, I think it's actually better, so they can get to know each other, good and bad things, they can support each other, and I think these are really good bases for a couple (Unlike when he was with Freya...he asked her to marry him after what... four months?!)

It's cute how she trusted ONLY him to know about her problem, I think this has an important meaning

And, I forgot to talk about

Spoiler:
They WIN.
Reply   Post New Thread