Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-Jinki (View Post)
Hello my fellow Dacey shippers! Did you all enjoy the wonderfulness of last night's episode?

I enjoyed the moments we got
Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

not really happy with what is happening. i feel like the writing is on the wall. so sick of victim jo.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Jo seriously needs to step off the Danny train.

Spoiler:

(^not really a spoiler,more of a speculation, but I didn't know if I could say this without the tag)

And if Jo had not gotten in the car with Lacey and Danny, Rico would have never been with Jo's dad and she would not have said anything about the necklace. Even if Jo still gave attention to Rico's friendship, Rico probably would have not seen Karen through the necklace in the water.

I blame Jo for all of this. She really needs to step off. This way, Dacey and blossom into a beautiful flower.

But, of course, tension will arise once Jo finds out that Danny really has feelings for Lacey.

But HEY, I can't blame Jo. If I was her, I would want to have a piece of Danny too.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Else Matters (View Post)
not really happy with what is happening. i feel like the writing is on the wall. so sick of victim jo.
What writing? That VIP is gonna get rejected. I was sympathetic to Jo now I am sick of her whiny ass and wish someone would tell her to stfu
Old 07-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
What writing? That VIP is gonna get rejected. I was sympathetic to Jo now I am sick of her whiny ass and wish someone would tell her to stfu
but we're suppose to feel bad for jo and be on her side. maybe i'm wrong but i feel like lacey is being portrayed as the bad one here.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
but we're suppose to feel bad for jo and be on her side. maybe i'm wrong but i feel like lacey is being portrayed as the bad one here.
Yeah I think the poor Jo hashtag that ABCFAM pimped yesterday is proof of that
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Yeah I think the poor Jo hashtag that ABCFAM pimped yesterday is proof of that
exactly. i was like, wtf? poor jo what? i get it, jo lost her two best friends. we've all been there were we have lost friends. it sucks and but you have to move on. not saying what lacey did was right, but i'm for sure not siding with jo's whiny butt.

(there is so much tension between jo and lacey. jo is pressed that danny is so anxious to have lacey back in the group. i think jo would have been perfectly fine it just being her and danny.)

Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jo was such a third wheel yesterday though

I think Lacey made some good points. Jo wanted to dwell on what happened while Lacey wanted to move on. Not saying what she did was right but come on... They were 13!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

exactly!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I think the network is pimping it as such, but I don't think we're supposed to see lacey as the bad one. What I'm getting is that they've both handled their friendship poorly.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

^its actually the fandom.

You know, I'm starting to dislike Jo more on and more based on the way people defend her like a saint and act like Lacey is this evil witch

I'm trying to ignore them and continue to like both girls but its getting harder
Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

You know, I'm starting to dislike Jo more on and more based on the way people defend her like a saint and act like Lacey is this evil witch

I'm trying to ignore them and continue to like both girls but its getting harder
yeah the fandom makes me rme. But, looking at the story, I don't think we're supposed to side with one girl over the other. I think the show is acknowledging what Lacey did in the past was wrong, but she feels bad about it while at the same time addressing the fact that Jo isn't totally justified in her attitude either. I don't know I just don't think the writing is so black and white.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved Jo at first. NOT for Danny because the actor/actress just lack that spark. In order for me to like a couple, there has to be some major chemistry. They can be the best written couple but if the people portraying lack the chemistry that comes natural to some, it just doesn't work for me.

I was really loving the Danny/Jo friendship angle. I really was! It made me appreciate the show for actually having a new way of portraying a guy/girl dynamic. Then the triangle started and What the heck! I mean I get it...teen drama and all. Well, I have news for ABCFAmily. More are watching this than teens. I have a lot of adults ranging from 20's to 50's watching and loving it.

So the teeny bopper atmosphere of Jo being the poor outcast will not cut it. They created a good dynamic with this show with Avan being Danny. Don't blow it to make it like every other teen drama out there. Make other relationships work besides romance. Karen and Danny are a prime example of how great a relationship conflict can be.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

tbh, i've stayed away from the fandom. i'll look at posts on tumblr and ontd cracks me up with their twisted posts. that's it for me really.

i don't have much faith in abc family, so we will see.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually think most of the fandom is team dacey. It's just a few select people that just want to hate lacey/dacey that perpetuate this oh poor jo mentality

X
Closed Thread   Post New Thread