Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Awww. My babies. . .they are SO freakin' married. No one will ever convince me otherwise! The only thing they don't have is the piece of paper from the State of NY.

I loved them tonight. And that Rufus was batting a thousand on the fatherly advice tip tonight. He knows his kid and knows immediately how Dan's otherwise better sense can give complete passageway to his neuroses. In his best fatherly moments with Dan, Rufus is able to calm him down from the running a mile a minute "classic Humphrey overthink" in the same way Dan is able to always calm Blair down. From the moment Dan started internalizing everything and keeping secret what he was really feeling and ultimately what he did I was mentally screaming, "No Dan! Don't do it! This is not going to end well!" even though you know it's GG and that of course he's gonna give in to the little devil sitting on his shoulder and go off the deep-end with his own brand of crazy, lol. Exactly like last week when Blair started her plan at the Young Lions nominee party. These two. I swear. They both create drama for themselves that make you wanna cringe for them---B creates external drama and D creates internal drama as per usual. LOL, my poor babies. . .but that's why I love them and that's why they're FLAWLESS even with their very human imperfect foibles and predilections. I adore my little neurotic OTP babies.

Last edited by josephinetv; 04-30-2012 at 10:43 PM
Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 PM
New Fan

I didn't see any underlying feelings between Blair and Chuck this episode.

I understand Dan's insecurity regarding them both though. If my partner was hanging out with their ex, doing the things they loved doing together as a couple (in this case, scheming), I'd feel uncomfortable about it as well.

The thing that bugged me about this episode the most though was the fact that all those problems regarding Bart's death and Chuck's spirals throughout S3 now mean absolutely nothing. And since these problems had a huge impact on CB, what's stopping the writers from ignoring everything that happened between them to bring them back together? If Bart can come back from the dead, why can't CB?

ARGH someone give me some optimism!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

some positive things

I liked that when Blair was scheming and Chuck asked her that he needed her help, she told him she had plans. She wanted to be with Dan. She got the text from Dan that he was doing something with the book. Then, she said she would help Chuck. The Chair scenes played out so nonchalantly. There was nothing romantic there. If I had never seen the show, I would not have known about their history. Blair was comfortable and not giving Chuck any looks. It was very friendly. That is something I needed to see. Their scenes have been so few since she got with Dan, but tonight they spent tons of time together.

Blair called Dan and told him she was helping Chuck. She could have not said anything or lied. She wasn't acting like she was doing anything wrong. She was casual about it. If Blair still had feelings for Chuck, she would have been trying to hide stuff. She even told Dan about the brothel. GG wasn't even saying anything. Blair was just honest. The I love you. I think I love you is overrated. Maybe, I am just a cynic, but I don't really need her to say it right now. They haven't been together that long

the previews are a joke. There was nothing overthetop about them. The promo people are trying to make something out of it

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
some positive things

Blair called Dan and told him she was helping Chuck. She could have not said anything or lied. She wasn't acting like she was doing anything wrong. She was casual about it. If Blair still had feelings for Chuck, she would have been trying to hide stuff. She even told Dan about the brothel. GG wasn't even saying anything. Blair was just honest. The I love you. I think I love you is overrated. Maybe, I am just a cynic, but I don't really need her to say it right now. They haven't been together that long

Eh, I don't even think it's a matter of being a cynic. I have been looking forward to when they exchange their ILYs from a fangirl perspective naturally but I never expected them to de facto go smoothly. I don't get what the big deal is---just as we've known Dan loves Blair we know in our heart of hearts she loves him. And in case one weren't "feeling" it in their gut there's no need to even fanwank IMO because she's admitted as much to him in 5x15 with "If you're that way with her then how could she not love you?" and pretty definitively in 5x17 with "I told him he doesn't have my heart anymore. It belongs to someone else." At this juncture it's just the storytelling logistics of when they say it to each other not if they say it.

It's simply ratcheting up the TV drama for them to say it as different times---has it EVER happened any other way on GG? Seriously. It's definitely never happened that way with Dan before---the writers by set pattern always had him being the emotional one who crushes first, then falls HARD, then says ILY first with the object of his affection never saying it back right after him. Dan has followed this pattern to a rote tee in Dair. I expected his ILY to go down this way since before any spoilers alluding to it. I now look forward to when Blair returns the sentiment!

Last edited by josephinetv; 04-30-2012 at 10:39 PM
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
some positive things

I liked that when Blair was scheming and Chuck asked her that he needed her help, she told him she had plans. She wanted to be with Dan. She got the text from Dan that he was doing something with the book. Then, she said she would help Chuck. The Chair scenes played out so nonchalantly. There was nothing romantic there. If I had never seen the show, I would not have known about their history. Blair was comfortable and not giving Chuck any looks. It was very friendly. That is something I needed to see. Their scenes have been so few since she got with Dan, but tonight they spent tons of time together.

the previews are a joke. There was nothing overthetop about them. The promo people are trying to make something out of it
Yep. I think it's easier for Dan to say it since he's been in love with her for over a year now. Blair just recently realized/accepted she had feelings for him, she knows they are strong but I don't fully think she realizes she loves him yet or maybe she does but isn't ready to say ILY. Although I saw nothing from Blair, I saw it from Chuck, Ed Westwick was playing it imo(finally saw their scenes). I think Chuck still has hope underneath that he can get her back.
The promo Dan my poor bb, he's so insecure, her not saying ILY back really hurt him .
Spoiler:

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

thanks josephine. To me, I love you is very overrated especially on tv. Usually, everyone says I love you and then they cheat on each other or have feelings for other people

when Blair would say it to Louis, she would be pining for Chuck. She isn't pining for Chuck, so she doesn't have to say I love you to prove anything

good Lucas. I didn't feel anything from Blair to Chuck either. It was very friendly to me

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 04-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

But for endgame couples on tv ilus are very important. Louis was never a factor. The whole ilu was all nonchalont like it wasn't a big freaking deal that after all these years Dan was telling Blair he loved her! It was a let down for me.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Extreme Fan

It's the beginning of the end for them. Dan was right to be insecure. Blair's heart just isn't in it in the same way. I think when they break up, she'll realise what she lost though. At least I hope so.

There was still some cute moments tonight though, like her kissing him and asking how often he shaves. Plus, we got to see some of Dan's hairy chest!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh no my poor Dan
It can't be the end, they're so right for each other!!
Ok she didn't tell it back but i'm sure she will and after all this scheming with Chuck she came back to Dan, it has to mean something right ?
I'm still optimistic

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

OMG guys what is going on ? It's not that of big deal. She's just not ready to say it yet, you wanted a real, pure and simple love, you now have it

She's supportive and encouraging him to go to Rome. Tbh that's the only thing that scared me about that Rome SL because if she wasn't supportive about that I would've been disappointed and I would have reconsider things.

She's definitely affectionate,we were not sure about that part last week, here it is, she kissing him, she's looking at him lovingly. She's in love, but she's just not ready to say it out loud. It's just realist, I've read a lot of fanfiction and in everyone of them Dan is the one to say it first.

She's absolutely not pining for Chuck, she's just concerned about him like she would be concerned about Serena hell she had more UST with S than with Chuck this episode.

I just don't know to me atm there's nothing wrong, except the fact that Dan is insecure and it's probably leading to a break up. ILUs are important for endgame couples ? Of course they are and that's why it's a good sign for her to wait until she's ready to say it back.
I mean I don't know but for me it makes sense I just want to enjoy what we're getting and obviously I'm freaking out now because everyone is freaking out and it's not a good thing since when I of all people have to reassure the troops lol.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

x

She's so happy with him.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes can we just see that ? She's just glowing!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Addicted Fan

^ her eyes are shining. L has never looked more beautiful.

Quote:
These two. I swear. They both create drama for themselves that make you wanna cringe for them---B creates external drama and D creates internal drama as per usual.
Quote:
The Chair scenes played out so nonchalantly. There was nothing romantic there. If I had never seen the show, I would not have known about their history.
yes and yes.

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)

x

She's so happy with him.
Yes she is

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Late to the party I realize but they were freakin' adorable last night!

I felt so bad for Dan because we've all been there!

I felt so great for Blair because she's feeling confident and secure and a big part of that is who she is dating!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread