Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air (View Post)
OMG it's literally like the Philadelphia Story and what my paper on the two was challenging the writers and GG NOT to do
Gurrrrrl I am so hella pissed that C.K. Dexter Haven won AGAIN!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dest1ny
Carolyn, I admire your eternal optimism, but even I have given up. The white flag has been waved and not only did they set my flag on fire, but they beat me over the head with a baseball bat.

That's how I feel. I think that's how we all feel
Oh well- I guess that I will just have to be optimistic for everyone-- since I can't turn it off lol but honestly-- thank god for fanfiction-- I am planning on doing a virtual season 6 for every DAIR fan--
D A R E S2 D A I R
Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

I won't watch this stupid show anymore, but for the sake of DBers who will, I think they should keep Dan & Blair away from each other. Because you all know, despite all the wishing for it, they'll never have Dan be angry with Blair. If any scenes happen between DB, they'll piss of the DBers even more because come next season, the writers will be trying to justify why DB didn't work. And I'm pretty sure if Blair has scenes with Dan, they'll have her say contradictory things about their relationship.

As for DS, they'll probably be put together for the end, but it will most likely be a hastily done reunion in the series finale. To me it's unlikely that DS can have lovey-dovey scenes, given PB's history.

Honestly though, the writers should have been courteous and let Penn and Blake go. There's absolutely nothing left on the show for those who couldn't care less about the Bass-es(and yes, Blair's a Bass too now). lol!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I just have to say-- I truly do love you all-and I am sorry for the time I have missed with all of you-- but because I knew that it was ending- it tainted every happy DAIR moment we got after I found out. And I just couldn't bear coming here- among other reasons.
D A R E S2 D A I R
Old 05-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dest1ny (View Post)
Carolyn, I admire your eternal optimism, but even I have given up. The white flag has been waved and not only did they set my flag on fire, but they beat me over the head with a baseball bat.

That's how I feel. I think that's how we all feel
lol yeahhh. I will say, though, that the finale did show us that anything is possible. Who the heck knows what they're going to do. It's futile to try to follow narrative and character arcs. I have learned my lesson.

Quote:
We warned in the beginning it was gonna end like The Philadelphia Story.
Ugh. We were, weren't we? Why does the hot, intelligent writer never win?!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Carolyn, it's OK. It's hard to discuss, when you know it's coming to an end.

But if you had come, we could have started bashing the writers earlier. Many of us were hit too hard on the day of the finale. lol!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
I won't watch this stupid show anymore, but for the sake of DBers who will, I think they should keep Dan & Blair away from each other. Because you all know, despite all the wishing for it, they'll never have Dan be angry with Blair. If any scenes happen between DB, they'll piss of the DBers even more because come next season, the writers will be trying to justify why DB didn't work. And I'm pretty sure if Blair has scenes with Dan, they'll have her say contradictory things about their relationship.

As for DS, they'll probably be put together for the end, but it will most likely a hastily done reunion in the series finale. To me it's unlikely that DS can have lovey-dovey scenes, given PB's history.

Honestly though, the writers should have been courteous and let Penn and Blake go. There's absolutely nothing left on the show for those who couldn't care about the Bass-es(and yes, Blair's a Bass too now). lol!
BINGO! They will keep assassinating non-DB characters in order to justify and validate all of the creatively anemic and COWARDLY ret-conning and COAWRDLY havoc they wreaked in the finale with the choices they made.

Since they returned the characters to EXACTLY where they were when they graduated H.S. I suspect this will give them fodder for D and B to be enemies again over the most trifling class warfare sh#t.

"Dark Dan" or not my Humphreys won't be allowed to win.

I also strongly suspect that they might have the cajones and shameless gall to actually write CB romantically or with more attention in a way they heretofore would have for DAIR to once again validate their 5x24 COWARDICE.

Quote:
Gossip Girl: Not so fast. You're not graduating until I give you my diplomas. Mine are labels, and labels stick.

Nate Archibald: Class whore.

Dan Humphrey: The ultimate insider.

Chuck Bass: Coward.

Blair Waldorf: Weakling.

And as for Serena van der Woodsen, after today, you are officially irrelevant. Congratulations, everyone. You deserve it.

WTFEver. Also, been there, done that so no thanks.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Can someone start the new thread? I won't start any in here, becasue of the puncutation Nazi's.

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn_nyc (View Post)
Oh well- I guess that I will just have to be optimistic for everyone-- since I can't turn it off lol but honestly-- thank god for fanfiction-- I am planning on doing a virtual season 6 for every DAIR fan--
I think I might have to get all of my future Dair moments from Fan fiction and in particular, your stories
Old 05-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Addicted Fan

What title should we use?

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 05-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194
Carolyn, it's OK. It's hard to discuss, when you know it's coming to an end.

But if you had come, we could have started bashing the writers earlier. Many of us were hit too hard on the day of the finale. lol!
I honestly wrestled back and forth about whether or not I should have spoiled everyone-- but ultimately because of what I was going through (I couldn't even watch some of the episodes) I just couldn't do it. But I did tell everyone on the day on the s&s - because I wanted to warn you Guys.

But honestly - the reason why I still have hope is not just because with the writers - you never really know what they are going to do-- but because of the way the wrote it (albeit gross and atrocious) I have a hard Time believing they would have written it so dramatically and lackluster to completely end the DAIR storyline--because of the way it ended-- it leaves room for anger, hate and resentment-- with a lot of the time leads to passion and second guessing of choices. So I am going to go down with this ship-- and I hope that most of you will at least come back to chat once and while next season.

Destiny-- thank you- you make me blush my first story is already 3 chapters done-- and will be posted next week sometime-- I want to get at least 2 more chapters finished before I start posting
D A R E S2 D A I R
Old 05-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephinetv (View Post)
Since they returned the characters to EXACTLY where they were when they graduated H.S. I suspect this will give them fodder for D and B to be enemies again over the most trifling class warfare sh#t.

"Dark Dan" or not my Humphreys won't be allowed to win.

I also strongly suspect that they might have the cajones to actually write CB romantically or with more attention to once again validate their 5x24 COWARDICE in a way they would have for DAIR.
What I don't get is where they get the idea that most of the viewers who watch this show like this class warfare? I mean, who the fck is watching this show?

And yes, you are absolutely right about CB. They will try to make CB look good by writing them better, romantically, now.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

I'll start the new thread.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn_nyc (View Post)
I honestly wrestled back and forth about whether or not I should have spoiled everyone-- but ultimately because of what I was going through (I couldn't even watch some of the episodes) I just couldn't do it. But I did tell everyone on the day on the s&s - because I wanted to warn you Guys.

But honestly - the reason why I still have hope is not just because with the writers - you never really know what they are going to do-- but because of the way the wrote it (albeit gross and atrocious) I have a hard Time believing they would have written it so dramatically and lackluster to completely end the DAIR storyline--because of the way it ended-- it leaves room for anger, hate and resentment-- with a lot of the time leads to passion and second guessing of choices. So I am going to go down with this ship-- and I hope that most of you will at least come back to chat once and while next season.

Destiny-- thank you- you make me blush my first story is already 3 chapters done-- and will be posted next week sometime-- I want to get at least 2 more chapters finished before I start posting
I said before the finale that I would be fine with CB getting back together on finale. I expected it to happen. What broke me, was the way they went about it. Completely destroying these characters and then Stephanie Savage having the cajones to dismiss us as just filler until CB got their endgame. That's what hurts.

The finale doesn't make sense. The characters' actions don't make sense. The people running this show don't make sense.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderspins (View Post)
Since they like to recycle lines, may I suggest, "I'm sorry, are we friends?"
Can Blair say,
"Dan, what possible reason would make you write a book like that?"
Then Dan says,
Because I'm Dan Humphery!!!

hahaha that would be awful, but I would laugh so hard.