Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Ha, I didn't know about it. Did she really expect saying that would make people accept it?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, she didn't say those exact words, but she might as well of said them. She said something about "obvious plot holes" or something. So, she knew there were TONS of instances where Dan as GG made no sense.

Here's the thing, if you're going to write a stupid twist like that AT LEAST be able to defend your choice. Don't just say "ohh well I know some things don't make sense, but look at two times where it does!"
Old 11-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

The thing is, if she knew it was a stupid idea & recognized all the plot holes, then why did she even write it? It's not like it was needed, they could have very well have never shown who GG was, choosing to go with something you know is stupid, just makes you look stupid.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Addicted Fan

I think she felt pressured to expose who GG was in season 6. Before that point, I truly believe they never meant to put a face to GG.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Pressured by who? I think most of the fans couldn't care less & I personally didn't want it to be revealed because it being any of the regulars wouldn't make sense & a minor character would be anti-climactic. I guess it could have been the network, but I never got the impression anyone really cared.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I don't get it either. I don't really see why the network would push for that. Maybe they thought promoting an episode with it would get better ratings? But it was the last season, and they would have already sold their last rounds of ad time...
icon: isis2015 I tumblr
Old 11-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Addicted Fan

I think it was fans. Fans, on twitter, constantly asked about revealing GG. Maybe it wasn't pressure, maybe she just wanted to add in a "shocking" twist.

It just seemed like they pushed the whole "Who is GG?" thing before the beginning of season 6. Before that, it was never an issue or concern for the writers. It was a last minute thing, so something had to propel her to add it in. Maybe, she just wanted people to remember the show, even if it was for something completely stupid.

It's hard to tell, tbh.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Throwing in a twist to get remembered makes a lot more sense to me. Maybe it was something of a response to the positive media attention Safran got for Dan/Blair, and Savage wanted to get recognition for being daring and pushing the boundaries of the show too?
icon: isis2015 I tumblr
Old 11-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Maybe! The more I think about it, the more I think it was for attention. It makes a lot of sense, especially when you consider the show.

I definitely think there was an ego issue going on, too. That's the only way I can extremely how harsh they made Blair treat Dan. She went from calling him her "best friend" in the finale to treating him like scum. I find it interesting that the season 6 finale, the episode Savage wrote, included Blair trashing Dan completely. It was all very obvious. Something happened with the whole Safran/season 5 finale/Savage thing. It doesn't really add up.

I still wonder if Safran got fired.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, there were some obvious bts issues going on with SS to treat the characters that way & ignore their history, regardless of whether she liked it or not. Still, it didn't make people like dair any less, instead they just hate her That's what you get for trying to manipulate people & treating them like idiots who can't see what's going on there.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, it all kinda backfired on her. She was pretty much ridiculed for her choices. Lol I don't think I would have wanted savage writing DB anyway. Cb and ds were supposed to be written as true love on season six and look how that turned out.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Hi fellow Dair shippers.

I, most of the times, pretend GG never happened and don't really visit the boards anymore but it's nice to see this specific thread still active
Old 11-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

You should come here more often - GG did suck, but dair are worth remembering
Old 11-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I'm glad more people are starting to visit. We need to have like a survivor game or something.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I do hope that some of the old dair fans will return sometimes, although the thread is already improving. When GG first ended it was pretty dead here.