Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

After how they went back to Chair at the end of Season 4.

I just didn't see it not ending with them.

I never shipped Dair for endgame.

I shipped their love/connection.

The beauty of their relationship.

I at least expected to have that friendship in the end though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Well, tbh, I didn't have any real hope they'd be endgame either. It was just odd that they gave Dan/Blair endgame type storylines. The book and vows kinda implied dan/Blair were better for each other than with chuck/Serena.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They were moments where I really thought they could be endgame, I just didn't understand how they couldn't be after the intensity of the moments they had together & how it was pointed out so many times how unhealthy their former relationships were. I don't get how the writers (& characters) could realize all the things wrong with their previous relationships & then go back to them.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
They were moments where I really thought they could be endgame, I just didn't understand how they couldn't be after the intensity of the moments they had together & how it was pointed out so many times how unhealthy their former relationships were. I don't get how the writers (& characters) could realize all the things wrong with their previous relationships & then go back to them.
Yeah, I felt Dan was completely done with Serena after season 5. I saw no real way to put them back together, because he was so hung up on Blair. Blair was the one I worried about. I never thought they'd let her move on from Chuck. However, 5x17 and especially 5x21 gave me too much hope. I really thought the writers had left cb in the past. Leighton played 517 way too happy and romantic for it to be Blair "hiding her feelings for Chuck."

521 made it seem that Blair was finally understanding how unhealthy her romantic relationship with Chuck was, how much they seemed to cause each other unnecessary misery. Cb always used the "universe is against us" excuse, when it had nothing to do with the universe or anything of that sort. They were the reason they weren't together. They constantly pushed it off, because deep down they knew it would never last. They were too destructive around one another.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, I was sure that Dan was so done with Serena, because he was. That was beyond clear. I knew that Blair wouldn't be able to let got of Chuck so easily, because he had such a hold on her - & not in a good way. But the fact that she was stepping back & seeing all that she had been through & thinking about the kind of person she wanted to be really made me root for her to get her happy ending. Which Chuck could never be.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I agree, I was sure that Dan was so done with Serena, because he was. That was beyond clear. I knew that Blair wouldn't be able to let got of Chuck so easily, because he had such a hold on her - & not in a good way. But the fact that she was stepping back & seeing all that she had been through & thinking about the kind of person she wanted to be really made me root for her to get her happy ending. Which Chuck could never be.
Completely agree! Blair's separation from Chuck was never going to be easy. However, she was at least analyzing her past relationship with him and realizing that it was more toxic than this epic romance. This was a good sign. It meant she was growing. Then, of course, 524 happened.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I really do think that she was moving past all her relationship issues, but unfortunately a certain producer came in the ruin it all.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I really do think that she was moving past all her relationship issues, but unfortunately a certain producer came in the ruin it all.
Oh, I completely agree! I don't think savage actually knew exactly what safran did with them. She prob imagined it would be like the NB relationship. Didn't she actually compare the two relationships in the after finale interview? Miscommunication all around, IMO. Huge mess! Lol
Old 11-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Schwartz still had to oversee lots of the decisions that the writers made from what I know, but I don't know what Savage's involvement was. But she just came back expecting things to be how they were at the end of s2 & thinking she could just pick up from there. It was just terrible all around.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Schwartz still had to oversee lots of the decisions that the writers made from what I know, but I don't know what Savage's involvement was. But she just came back expecting things to be how they were at the end of s2 & thinking she could just pick up from there. It was just terrible all around.
True, but I feel like Schwartz approved most ideas. I don't think he put much thought into this show and it's characters after season one. I think penn even mentioned in an interview that the show was really "Stephanie's baby." Safran only had status of show runner in season five I believe. Savage focused on another project after season 4.

Honestly, I think DB in season five would have been written like NB in season two had savage maintained full control of the show. They may not have even been explored, tbh.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree. We got to see the unhealthiness of c/b and s/d, we saw how well Dan and Blair were together and the things have in common. They built up a friendship that turned into more. I really think the writer went the wrong way with ending them.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Fan

I've said it before, but I honestly would have been okay with DB not ending up together. IF it meant cb and ds didn't end up together either. I kinda feel like the writers wrote themselves in a corner with cb, considering they promised their endgame back in season two.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wanted dair to end together but I too would of been happy if them not together meant also cb and ds not together as well. I busted wanted dair to be friends and have that movie going, love of the arts relationship.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueschild007 (View Post)
I wanted dair to end together but I too would of been happy if them not together meant also cb and ds not together as well. I busted wanted dair to be friends and have that movie going, love of the arts relationship.
It would have been nice for them to end up together, but it seemed like a long shot, unfortunately. Like I said earlier, there were times when my hopes were raised for an endgame, but there was always doubt in the back of my mind. It's sad, because DB were probably the best slow build up couple I've seen. It was all so natural.

I hated the way they handled their entire relationship after the breakup. It's like DB couldn't co-exist with cb/ds.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They were really one of the best build ups on gg. They did things right for them til the break up which was a bunch of bs. Then to have them go back to enemies hating on each other. Gets me still very angry.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread