Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Dan ♥ Blair [CPK Dair Devils] #2 - All love stories start with a donut and a psycho

Dan Humphrey & Blair Waldorf

This is a love story between a Donut and a Psycho.
Who ever said love was easy?
Shippers

01. ~AIR
02. Jaime Bee
03. courtneybangelcakes
04. iSmitchie
05. TruLove
06. Love.You.Madly
07. Touldengal
08. iheartBtVS
09. P&B4ever
10. kellie101
11. BrathanSupporter
12. xlennie
13. Debbie23
14. ~Amarula~
15. hlgreenie
16. On Fire
17. SweetSymphony
18. slimkay
18. Skategirl88
19. Deiaa
20. Naith_Fate
21. Emღ
22. anna0000
23. queenofsarcasm
just ask to be added!

“You have to decide what’s more important to you… keeping your pride
and getting nothing or taking a risk and maybe just maybe getting everything.

Art Credit: Here!

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 11-01-2010 at 01:49 PM
Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT

My last post on the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchness (View Post)
Completely. Which is why, lol, I think we are screwed re: GG. The writing is just so bad lately, even for couples they obviously care about like CB and DS. And it used to be so good for those same couples in S1, IDGI.

The writers really did commit to Pacey/Joey for that whole, entire season, though. They set it up in the premiere and planned to resolve it in the finale. It was a wonderful arc. I don't see any kind of similar commitment to Dan/Blair, you know? If they were serious about it, there have been opportunities for Dan and Blair to have scenes together. They've been at the same parties (and will continue to be) without sharing scenes. They could have had a scene during the Jenny debacle, but instead Dan called her Chuck's "psycho ex." If DB is happening, you can't tell from watching the show right now. (At the end of last season, though...)

Yup. And even if DB ultimately did end up being a CB prop, that doesn't mean it won't be a worthwhile relationship for both characters to have. They could learn a lot from each other.
Oh dear. So right. I just watched the last episode entirely... and man did it stink. I am a sucker for grandiose, epic emotional scenes but the CB one at the end didn't do anything for me.

If they don't do DB in the next 5-10 episodes, I'd rather them not doing DB at all. Let's not ruin the aura of perfection that we get in fics... Feels like whatever the writers touch turns into a mess.

Had this show been under pressure, it would have likely be cancelled with that kind if cr*p on TV. Unfortunately, they don't have such pressure to produce quality TV. I am looking forward to the next 5-10 episodes (according to vague, general spoilers) but I don't have high hopes. If Dan is still pining over Serena (which we don't know about... but it'd be weird since, except for the first 2-3 episodes, there hasn't been a romantic vibe in their few interactions), then we are SOL.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the next thread! And I love the title. Should we include #2 in it?

Can I please be added?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Dan & Blair: 1x04, 2x08, 3x18 [The connections] - Dan and Blair Link Found on Fanpop

Adding you! And yes, adding #2

Love this link, my three favorite DB episodes.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

The opening looks absolutely beautiful, Court. I love everything you added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay (View Post)
If Dan is still pining over Serena (which we don't know about... but it'd be weird since, except for the first 2-3 episodes, there hasn't been a romantic vibe in their few interactions), then we are SOL.
I agree, right now would be the perfect time for DB. Especially with Dan seemingly over Serena (he did choose Vanessa over S). But CB seems to be coming back full force so I don't know what's up with that.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, thank you!

I just want CB off my screen. Right now, really the ending of S3 and beginning of S4 would have been the best possible time for DB. After 3x18, it was GOLDEN.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
The opening looks absolutely beautiful, Court. I love everything you added.

I agree, right now would be the perfect time for DB. Especially with Dan seemingly over Serena (he did choose Vanessa over S). But CB seems to be coming back full force so I don't know what's up with that.
Spoiler:

That's what I hate about endgame couples. The show is becoming so much more predictable. You know that eventually, CB and (likely) DS will end up together. You don't know when, but you know that TPTB are so focused in bringing all the couples together at all costs... So why bother watching the show now? If the show wasn't driven by relationship fodder but rather by organic storylines (a little bit like it was in early Season 1, early Season 2), then it would made watching this show much less predictable and you could actually care less that 1 couple is 100% endgame. Since CB have become an unhealthy couple (mid-S2), it seems whatever organic storylines the show had disappeared. It is not a coincidence the ratings have climaxed in the middle of Season 2 (between 3 and 4 million) and have never reached 3 million ever since Season 2.

I buy that CB have the biggest fanbase. I don't care about CB to be honest. They can be endgame if they want. The only problem is they suffocate every other character and terribly limit the potential pairings on this show. Chuck is pretty much restricted to dating Blair or a random Guest (... Eva ...). Vice versa for Blair, since Nate is now all-out Serena. Since this show does not give a damn about what the kids are doing (ie. career, going to school, fulfilling their dreams, etc.), well we're basically trapped in endless love triangles involving the remainder of the cast (NSJ, DNS, DNV, DSV, tell me if I have missed one).

That's why the likelihood of DB is low... not that I want to be all gloom and doom on you guys... since it pains me a lot to say this. I want to be hopeful but it's hard. Realistically, since the actors might want to pursue other roles, the show may have 1 or 2 more seasons. As said countless times, I do believe that the only chance to see a credible DB story (which could then subside into a friendship as Blair ---> Chuck, obviously) would be this season. Anything later would be exposed as a ZOMG! moment. I just don't get why the CB/DS fans are wishing for a ONS. This would make both D and B look bad... and the show too. Unless the ONS leads to more DB, but this is not what was implied by those fans. I just don't get why TPTB is so reluctant of trying DB. They've done Rapey!Chuck with both Jenny and Serena (S1 Pilot), Chuck with Vanessa, NS, NB, NV, DS, DV... the next logical step would be DB. No wonder why Penn is so critical of the writers; his character does not do ***** and is restricted to interacting with his boring ass family, KissofDeath!Vanessa and Serena...
Old 10-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm in love with your post. It's so true.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I'm in love with your post. It's so true.

Can I be added to the list of shippers?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the thread.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

**SPOILERS***

• Gossip Girlsss •

Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

how can i not be on the list? ADD ME NAO.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Adding you both!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Total Fan

add me too!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread