Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Over-analysis time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad reputation (View Post)

eta: 1x01

Love that Dan has coffee ready for Marti, such a boyfriend thing to do. and their mutual hate for cheer leading. they are so alike its insane.

"they're only cheerleaders." oh okay dan, you'll eat your words later!

OMG DAN BUMPING INTO MARTI ON THE BLEACHER. SO CUTE.

(btw aly's stomache is insaneeeee) martis audition was ridiculous.

gotta love Dan watching tryouts and supporting Marti.

marti saying dan's type is "sure dan i'll sleep with you." hahaha. be more jealous marti.
"if i were to stay for something...." yeah, thats totally the moment i started shipping them. there was such eye sex in that moment and you could tell that Dan was just hoping she was gonna say him!

savannah, shoulda trusted your instincts girl. dani's g/f indeed!
One of my favorite things about their first scene is the way it's just so natural. When Marti says, "Today's topic..." I immediately smile because then they go into one of their pure DM-esque conversations, just like in 1x09 and 1x19. Their conversations are the best. Always hilarious. And him having coffee for her is totally a boyfriend thing to do, never really thought about that before.

The bleacher scene! One of my favorite things of this scene is Dan's freakin' face when Lewis turns around and yells to Marti, "Hey, #26! Stragglers will be shot."

So freakin' jealous/worried.

And I love the way Dan is supportive of Marti. It's so adorable. "You are mighty. You are batgirl."

And I always laugh when he's like, "Don't trip #26." and she says, "Bite me, Dan Patch." Just 'cause she calls him Dan Patch. (And it's never forced-sounding when she calls him by both his first and last name, unlike some shows *cough*OTH*cough* ).

And of course, Dan's faceeess when she messes up and then redeems herself. SOO adorable, 'cause he just cares so much.

And I love the fact that Dan is watching Marti and Lewis talk at the end of the try-out scene. You can barely see it happening if you don't look close enough, but it's there. Jealous!Dan was so apparent in the pilot.

The dock scene! SO MANY FEELS. The way they always make each other laugh:

And the way she makes fun of his playboy ways...

She was 100% SO jealous. I thought I was always the only one who noticed it. When he's like, "Alright that's a little bit true," Her face says it all, especially right after she says, "More than alittle." My heart breaks for her.

The fact that Dan never had a steady girlfriend until Savannah also always spoke volumes about their relationship, imo. It's as if, after he slept with Marti, he had no interest in one because his heart was always with her, whether they talked about it or not.

And of couurrseee the "I live here, too." moment always kills me. That's the moment that I knew these two were going to be my OTP. Dan's face just said soooo much.

And the script for this scene is beautiful for them:

"He says it very casually but we see him search for her reaction."
And, they both laugh, but clearly banter is safer. SO PERFECT.

I especially love the "Don't drift," moment.

Soo beautiful and again it showed just how worried Dan was about losing her. They only ever had each other. It was always Dan and Marti against the world. And the way she so sincerely says, "Never happen." It's just fact. She could never leave him. And his facccccccceeee. I just dieee.

And the final Marti/Savannah scene always strikes me because of those few people that didn't see these two were teh OTP of the show. They claimed DM were written as friends for the first few episodes but ALL the signs were in this episode. Dan's feelings were much more apparent, but they would've NEVER had Savannah mention that if it wasn't supposed to be relevant at some point. It was obvious, from the dock scene at the very least (although I think it was obvious from the bleacher scene) that Dan had feelings for her. Granted, we don't really get the gist that something happened between them until 1x05, but the feelings are all there. And in 1x03, there are there on Marti's side, too.

Quote:
1x02;

you look amazing.

savannah/dan do not mesh. i'm sorry, they just dont. savannah is too stupid for him. on top of that, they are so rushed. i mean second episode and she already loves him?

love how she calls him dan patch. and how he can talk sense into her.
asdlasdkajks I have soo many feelings about this first scene. Especially how it starts:

I have so much love for that moment for some reason.

And yes, the actual scene outside is perfect. Dan is so worried deep down about losing her. "I need my wingwoman to keep my head on straight."

And no, they definitely do not mesh AT ALL. She doesn't get his jokes and when sarcasm and humor are that big a part of your personality.. c'mon! But that's just the tip of the ice-burg, really.

He is always the one that gets her best and says the right thing. But he doesn't sugar coat things or baby her either. I love that they balance each other, "I'm really glad this whole zen master serenity thing is working for you, Dan Patch but it doesn't work for me." And then he just tells her like it is. THEY ARE SO PERFECT.
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
1x03;
Marti trying to convince Savannah she doesnt like dan? LOL. yeah, right girl. Both were clearly at fault there. I mean, Marti shouldnt have lied, but Savannah should have been able to see through her.

"i need a bigger backseat" uh oh, thats foreshadowing. i also love how dan gets close to her ear and tells her its a simple date.

I think its funny that Savannah that keeps mentioning Marti, i mean, its pretty obvious that the show is trying to tell us something. How people cant see it at this point is beyond me.

marti watching him get into the police car.
I don't think Marti lied though. In her mind, she didn't have feelings for him anymore. Like she said in 1x09, that was "ancient history," and she "didn't want to open that door again." If she didn't want to tell Savannah that they had history - especially considering the pain involved - then she didn't have to, especially 'cause she didn't think those feelings were an issue anymore.

I never even noticed how the "bigger backseat" comment was foreshadowing.. That's so awesome. And kind of hilarious that he said that.

I really don't get it either. It was 100% a tactic by the writers. And a good one at that because they weren't beating you over the head with it because Savannah had every reason to be insecure of Marti and her closeness with Dan, but, it was written in there as a story-telling tactic, for sure. And the fact that she's talking about it so much (especially before the date even happened and before we got the opportunity to see DS together) shows that we're supposed to think something is up, definitely. I love that Dan just sort of stares at her and is like, 'what', when she's like, "Do you think Marti is sexy?" And in that scene, when DS are sitting at the table, I love that Marti is watching them. Sure, she's looking out for Savannah, but a part of her is watching 'cause she can't help herself.

And yes, her facee. I love that moment: He looks back at them and she's so worried.

Quote:
1x04;

marti hearing that dan is in a casual relationship... I believe that she is looking ut for Savannah, but I also think she's worried that it could lead to something more.

dan wathing her sing.
I 100% agree with that. Marti has never seen Dan in a real relationship and I think that's a big part of the reason why his relationship with Savannah bothers her so much. It's just harder for her 'cause she also has to consider Savannah and her feelings. But at the same time, it's Dan's relationship with Savannah that wakes her dormant feelings. His casual hook-ups were one thing and although she was jealous of those deep down, this is something real and it terrifies her in a very real way, which is completely on display in their scene in 1x05.

Quote:
1x05;

marti waking up to dan and her butt in his face! and matts body. boy, those two are so hot.

marti is soooo jealous.

her saying she's glad he's with savannah. liar liar. this scene is so tension filled my goodness.

"ive missed having you to myself."

gonna go die now.
Aww, I love that scene where Marti wakes up and falls on him. Especially 'cause at this point, Marti isn't even sure why she's so uncomfortable with the Dan/Savannah relationship. But it's exactly because he's never been in a real relationship and this is incredibly strange/hard for her. Her feelings are beginning to awaken.

And kinda petty, but can I just say that I love the fact that in their second scene, when Alice is being a bitch over the bid video, she says, "Oh, right.. He's Marti's hand-me-down."

And I love that Dan didn't let it bother him that she voted against him in regards to the bid video. They are so in sync and don't let the petty crap into their rhythm at all. "Sorry, dude, you're Yoko." THEY ARE SO PERFECT I WANT TO CRY FOREVER.

And then of course the BEST freakin' scene of the first five episodes, ugh...

"I hope you make each other happy... and Marti's face and I just die. And when he says, "but.." she hesitates.. Should she tell him what she's feeling? No. It's just about Savannah and the team. And then her real feelings bubble to the surface anyway. "Are you guys gonna get.. serious?" Just.. so much amazing acting in this scene, too. There is just so much unspoken in these moments. "I promise you I'll be careful." And her facceee. "Yeah, do that." asdhalsda FEELINGS EVERYWHERE. And the way he looks after her when she walks away. "I've missed having you to myself." This relationship is so hard for Marti and she's still trying to reconcile her feelings. WHY is it so hard for her? Ugh, she doesn't even fully get it yet but all the emotions are there. And this is the first scene where I really realized that something more happened between them. Something that we don't know about yet. It was just such a perfect, perfect scene.

Quote:
haha, well ive only written about liam/harry. I'm kinda obsessed with them, which i know is not popular. I have 2 chapters of a fic i started up on lj and on tumblr. ill give you the lj links cuz i have zero comments over there. HAHA. but im gonna put chapter 3 up tonight. i has like 8. but they are very short. its just a first time fic to kinda get me back into things.

chapter 1 | chapter 2

last night i was trying to write a smutty one, and i could not stop laughing while i wrote it. that just does not come natural to me at all, but i think it turned out pretty good. i can send you that through pm (im not gonna post it yet cuz its gonna have 5 parts) but maybe you could tell me what you think. i could use the critiques! its my first time ever writing something like that!

I dont think I am gonna rewatch the whole series just cuz i dont have time for that right now, but I def. am gonna rewatch the DM scenes. I'M STARTING EPISODE 1 RIGHT NOW. Not sure how many I will watch tonight, we'll see where it takes me! haha.
You can send the smutty one through PM, sure. I'll definitely give my critiques. And.. well, this is weird 'cause I haven't asked anyone to read this yet, but since you love DM so much.. maybe I could send you a copy of the script that Tatiana and I wrote? I'd love some feedback on it. My goal was to give the main couple a hint of Dan and Marti since I loved them so much. I'd love to know if I succeeded. And it'll be awesome to have someone besides Tatiana to talk to about it that really knows what I was going for.

And I will read the fics tonight I will comment on all of them over there. Just send me the other one whenever.

And no worries. Maybe in a few months or somethin'.

ETA: Sorry about the DP, but stupid wouldn't let me post cause I had too many smilies.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, the jealously in all of their scenes is always so so clear.right from the beginning it was clear. i might not have shipped them if i didnt feel that way because usually i am not great about friends turned loveers, but these two were just so obvious.

Quote:
The fact that Dan never had a steady girlfriend until Savannah also always spoke volumes about their relationship, imo. It's as if, after he slept with Marti, he had no interest in one because his heart was always with her, whether they talked about it or not.
yes yes yes. totally agree about that!

that script! banter is safer. oh boy, that really says it all!

personally, i think marti lied. i think she knew she had feelings for him, she just knew she didnt want to get involved.

"i missed having you to myself" was def. the best scene of the first 5 episodes, i remember watching that scene and just thinking it was SO CHARGED. i wasnt sure if there was history there, but i figured there had to be. if not a romance, then feelings or something from one orboth of them. and the way that dan looks at her as she leaves... GUHHHH. so much angst and tension there.

tbh, i dont know if i will want to rewatch the entire show, i just dont like it that much. LOL. i mean, it was cute, but it wasnt my favorite in the world. I loveeeeeddddd dan and marti of course, they were my favorite thing about it, but i wasnt really devestated that it was cancelled. (for dan/marti i was though! )

and yeah, i will def. read the fic if you send it to me!

and i can send you the fic in a minute here!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
yeah, the jealously in all of their scenes is always so so clear.right from the beginning it was clear. i might not have shipped them if i didnt feel that way because usually i am not great about friends turned loveers, but these two were just so obvious.

"i missed having you to myself" was def. the best scene of the first 5 episodes, i remember watching that scene and just thinking it was SO CHARGED. i wasnt sure if there was history there, but i figured there had to be. if not a romance, then feelings or something from one orboth of them. and the way that dan looks at her as she leaves... GUHHHH. so much angst and tension there.

tbh, i dont know if i will want to rewatch the entire show, i just dont like it that much. LOL. i mean, it was cute, but it wasnt my favorite in the world. I loveeeeeddddd dan and marti of course, they were my favorite thing about it, but i wasnt really devestated that it was cancelled. (for dan/marti i was though! )

and yeah, i will def. read the fic if you send it to me!

and i can send you the fic in a minute here!
I think they did a great job with introducing them organically, too, so it didn't feel forced or anything. It was just obvious that they were the story because it was good writing. I love the writing for them.

"Charged" is the perfect word to describe that scene. SO MUCH ANGST and tension.

No worries. I think I'm the only weirdo that loved the show as a whole as much almost as much as I loved DM.

And it's not a fic. It's actually a pilot script for an original concept procedural that I wrote with a friend (Tatiana). We're in the process of attempting to sell it now. We just landed an agent last week so things are moving along nicely, but I'd just love to hear what you think of it. Especially 'cause you know DM. I tried to integrate them into the main couple. I will send it to you today.

Today's my day off, but I have so many errands to run still but I started reading the first one yesterday. I'll finish them both today, though.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

awesome! and wow, thats crazy about getting an agent! good luck!

ill try to watch the next batch of episodes in a few days.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Thank you!

No worries, it's been a crazy past three days for me. But, I did manage to make a new video.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

sweet! loveeee it! i would totally comment, but youtube si being such a brat to me these days and keeps logging me out. ugh.

watched more episodes! didnt see scenes for 6 and 7, were there any?

1x08; okay, awkward moment. sleeping in a bed with lewis, no thanks. savannah needs to relax for sure. sleeping in the same bed is not that wrong. but what is the point of him staying over at all if hes just gonna be on the floor? seems odd. but we got a cute moment with her hitting him in the head with a pillow.

I feel like Marti is only supportive because she really cares about dan and wants him to be happy but its obvious that its breaking her.

LOVEEEDDDD Marti talking about their first time. i do have some issues with how they went about this whole thing, they shoulda just been honest IMO but i understand where they were coming from. i love when savannah asks if she was in love with him and marti says its complicated. what i would kill to see that scene! LOL. and once again savannah mentions her feelings for dan, come on people, how can they support M/S at this point?

the dance scene was cute, love them looking at each other, though the dance is dorky. but its so obvious that they love each other.

i have major issues with his scene with wanda, i just dont like forced convos where someone tells someone else they love someone, LOL, but at the same time, thats how marti's mom is so its not as bad here. but yay for her being so supportive of dan and marti.

“did you ever tell your mom you were in love with me?” “really think about your answer cuz this is importnt.”
my heart is seriously breaking for dan!

“i have nothing to say.” WHY MARTI WHY. DAN DONT GO DOWN THAT ROAD with savannah! UGHHHHHHH.

this episode was really the start of the triangle for me.

1x09;
its great to see them talking again, because when everyone was pissed at them at least they had each other. But i felt like they HAD to be friendly with one another because they just couldnt let themselves feel the hurt that they were really feeling, being friends was so much safer.

THE MAKEOUT SCENE. dear Lord that was hot. They just have so much chemistry together! sfdsfsfds!

and i loved how in the next scene we finally got the backstory. That the condom broke and dan ignored her... it was really sad for marti, aly killed that scene BTW, but it was also understandable because they WERE only 16 and guys freak out about that. but he shouldnt have ignored her. however, they got past it. and now its great to see it being addressed finally. i cant really blame marti for rejecting him here though because all the hurt and anger from the past was brought up again.

“it didnt feel like a mistake to me” scene... and the yes sex.... THESE TWO.

and that awkward ending scene.

1x10;
not a ton of stuff this episode but i loved the weirdness between them, and of course the dream sequence was hot!

1x11-1x16 next time!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity or fate (View Post)
And the script for this scene is beautiful for them:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...kw2ho1_500.png
This is perfection!

I miss these two a lot, I wanted to see them together so bad.

They had so much chemistry and such a real and strong connection!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Full Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been watching their moments on YT again. Oh, how much I miss these two! They and Red/Vanessa were the only reasons I wanted this show to last.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero