Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

I actually expected nothing less from Holly! I am so disappointed by this whole thing.
Talk about turning the knife in the wound, why was it necessary for them to have that last episode with Damon, having Kaylie tell him to go after Emily, because it was his duty, and having Damon appear to be doing it for Kaylie, not for Emily and his child. Disgusting! And I don't think I will ever watch anything that Holly has to do with again, because she thought it was a reasonable ending. THe cruelty to us fans is amazing.

I am still not over the betrayal! Damon and Emily were my favorite couple of all time!

webinterlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Well Holly thought that godawful scene of D/E where she tells him she was pregnant was the best D/E scene of the whole series so...yeah i can't say i'm a big fan of her as well because that scene was the worst ever, Damon looked like he had giving up on them (and i can't blame the guy) and Emily looked like a freak, so happy to be pregnant at what? 17? Whatever...

And yes i thought that the Damon/Kaylie kiss was just for drama or would be considered a mistake but Noooooooo Damon actually care dmore about Kaylie in 2x17 (even though Emily was pregnant).

They ruined everything, i still stand by what i said over a year ago....D/E last real scene was in 2x12 for me.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

I'm in a D/E lately, missing them like crazy
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

You're not alone. But I can't even bear to watch season 1 again yet. Not until I can totally forget what happened mid way through season 2.
Maybe someone could make a show about just Damon and Emily in Las Vegas, or where ever they went, and don't let Holly Sorenson have anything to do with it!

Was 2x12 when Damon came back from LA? I loved that episode, but it was ruined later when he perverted Emily's song for Kaylie YUK!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

^Yes and at the end they made love, such a wonderful scene...their last awesome scene.

What kills me is that in 2x14 they had "nice" scenes but they didn't even talk about the fact that they had sex, like Damon could have asked her if she had any regret about what happened and she would have said beautiful things...but nope....
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Was 2x14 when Emily went to see him perform at the pizza shack? When he sang the song that was supposed to be Emily's with Kaylie? I know they had a nice talk before that, before Kaylie came and interrupted them, and then Emily had to run out right? God, it's been so long I'm forgetting, plus I've tried to put it out of my mind.

And after all that talk about being willing to wait til after the Olympics!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it was a random talk imo, he was like "oh you came"...and she was like "i didn't know Kaylie would sing with you". At least we got a hug out of it!

Oh and we got Damon singing to Emily's picture at the beginning, at leats that's something right?

And then in 2x15 she went loco and accused him of moving on to Kaylie because he "got what he wanted" and i wanted to smack her face down.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Yeah, it was a random talk imo, he was like "oh you came"...and she was like "i didn't know Kaylie would sing with you". At least we got a hug out of it!
Well, they didn't think they would be seeing each other at all. And then she finds that after setting him up with Kaylie for the recording studio to help him out, she has also helped him to a new source of inspiration.
Quote:
Oh and we got Damon singing to Emily's picture at the beginning, at leats that's something right?
Yes I loved that part. It was really sad, but too quickly he took his song he was writing for and about Emily, and converted it to a song about Kaylie, a song for Kaylie to sing. That was like a betrayal. To give Emily's words to Kaylie.
Quote:
And then in 2x15 she went loco and accused him of moving on to Kaylie because he "got what he wanted" and i wanted to smack her face down.
I don't remember, was that when she was going to romania or wherever, and he came by to start a fight and demand that she break the rules she was under and risk her spot on the national team? I thought he was being a jerk in that episode, after all his promises to wait, when she isn't allowed to communicate with him, he comes to her home right before she is off to a competition. She had no choice but to 1) break up with him, or 2) give up gymnastics. She had tried to compromise by agreeing to wait til after the 2012 Olympics, but he backed out on the deal.

I felt Damon was OOC those last three eps. The whole sudden giving up on Emily right after they finally had sex, and moving on to 'fall in love' with Kaylie? To not really care even when he found out Emily was pregnant? At least he only told Emily's mom that he didn't want to be a father so young and didn't want to be trapped that way. I still like to believe it was just his shock and anxiety speaking, but I can't quite think of a reason for him to tell Kaylie he doesn't want to be with Emily, if he really did. Which I want to believe.

I still hate how they ruined this wonderful love story, and for nothing.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah Damon was OOC in the last few episodes he appeared in. I still don't get why they didn't ship them off together and happy since they both left the show at the same time (well Damon still appeared in one more episode after Emily left but still).

I blame Damon but i also blame Emily a lot, she wents nuts on him, accusing him of things that didn't happen (yet), when she said "you got what you wanted now you're moving on to the next girl". That was harsh. It's not like he was pressuring her to have sex, she came to that decision on her own, just like nothing was happening with Kaylie at the time.

Emily pushed Damon right into Kaylie's arms with all her push and pull.

Holly dropped the ball on that storyline. BIG TIME!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Holly dropped the ball on that storyline. BIG TIME!
Holly wanted to write a tragedy. She called them star-crossed lovers. She had no intention of them ever having a happy ending. Like Romeo and Juliette.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Oh so you think they were never meant to have a happy ending?

I'm okay with a sad ending as long as it's not because of a love triangle, i'd rather see one of them dying or something like that instead of the crap we got.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

I tweeted Holly about it, and she answered that they were star-cossed lovers, and that's the way it goes.

I agree though, that putting a triangle in there isn't really star-crossed lovers at all. But maybe she isn't smart enough to get that. Like you said, for a true tragedy it needs to be a fatal flaw in the character that triggers disaster. Like Emily's lack of confidence which constantly threatened her career. Or Damon's insecurity which could have made him run away. It would have been enough of a tragedy for Emily to quit gymnastics, without the OOC betrayal as well,

Old 05-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

I think Holly had a storyline in mind and had to change everything because of Chelsea's pregnancy. I wonder what would have happened had Chelsea not be pregnant. We'll never know.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Well I have to admit, the storyline did seem to change. What it seemed like at the beginning was that Emily, the outsider, underprivileged kid with raw talent would have her difficulties fitting into the elite world of gymnastics, but would eventually prove herself and win. I thought the contrasts between the girls lives added the drama.
But it went way too overboard, with Emily being picked on by everyone, the coach, the gymnasts, the committee. And then the arrest, and all the extra constraints Emily had to deal with. She is a poor scholarship kid who isn't allowed to have a job? What is the point of that? And she can't even talk to a boy, while Lauren Tanner has her lover living in the apartment garage?

I don't think it really had much to do with Chelsea getting pregnant. They had already slated Emily for destruction. Holly even said that it was almost impossible for anyone to get into the world of elite gymnastics without the background. And no one should have expected Emily to succeed because she didn't have the ruthlessness. or something like that.

There were so many ways they could have handled the whole thing better for a more traditional literary theme. Just because Chelsea was pregnant, they didn't need to make Emily pregnant. Think about it. If they want to show she wasn't focused enough, just have Damon need to go back to LA, and Emily decide to quit with all the *** going on, and go with him. Or she could have just gotten a sponsor who moved her to another gym. What started out as a show I really liked, turned into something I wouldn't even watch. Just another story of backbiting privileged girls.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

I gotta say, i never cared much for Emily & her gymnastic mainly because she didn't really love it, you could tell she was doing that to give her family a bright future. When you look at Payson, that's a girl who lives and breathes for her sport, Emily wasn't that kind of girl.

Emily quitting because she realized it wasn't meant to be would have been awesome, but alas...