Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Absolute Fan

I absolutely hate the direction SDK has chosen to take with Craevia, especially Naevia. She's definitely being set up as the scapegoat for the rebellion and Crixus' downfall.

Whatever. I love Crixus standing by his woman no matter what.
scorpio_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

I dont like it at all, they had to choose the woman as the one who will lead them to their deaths
Old 02-24-2013, 08:13 AM
New Fan

Yes, Naevia has gone mental, but on another forum people are blaming her for her bloodlust, blaming Crixus for backing her, and comparing Crixus to Spartacus as if Sparty is much nobler. She is far less crazy than Spartacus was when his dead wife was talking to him to "kill them all" and then he did not care if his actions would cause the death of every man, woman and child WHO WERE ALL FELLOW SLAVES. Naevia only wants to kill Romans. As to Crixus, he is still the same man he ever was and has reverted to the d*ck he's always been except during the brief time he had sane Naevia guiding him (no one "lost respect" for him when he stabbed Lucretia and killed his fetus). It's ok to lose respect or him but over this? I don't see him as any different. Since sane Naevia is gone, he is back to the personality he has to see them both through this. I'm still behind them both and I find the way the characters's traumatic experiences are being used great storytelling. (Especially since it means Cravia's story is front and center.). We all knew this season would be unpleasant. My only regret is Naevia's thoughts were interrupted when she saw the abused, raped Roman woman. I wonder if she was about to be disgusted and perhaps that woud get through o her madness or would she be callous and feel that's what the woman deserved simply because she was Roman.
CrixusHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Absolute Fan

CH, you make a great point about the stabbing with Lucretia and also Crixus being back to the Crixus of old now that he doesn't have "sane" Naevia to guide him.

However, I don't think the storytelling is great. Unlike in past seasons, I haven't been able to lose myself in the story or the acting because the writing feels too rushed and contrived. Of course SDK only having 10 episodes to wrap of the series has a lot to do with it but this sudden change in Craevia's dynamic and making them (namely Naevia) the main cause of tension within the rebellion just doesn't feel like natural story progression to me.

At this point, I can only appreciate Crixus' devotion to Naevia, as that is the only part of the story that feels authentic to me.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

i am not feeling this season at all, the new characters are not interesting enough
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skje (View Post)
i am not feeling this season at all, the new characters are not interesting enough
Agreed about the new characters. Or maybe Zi'm just dreading the havoc they'll wreak.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
CH, you make a great point about the stabbing with Lucretia and also Crixus being back to the Crixus of old now that he doesn't have "sane" Naevia to guide him.

However, I don't think the storytelling is great. Unlike in past seasons, I haven't been able to lose myself in the story or the acting because the writing feels too rushed and contrived. Of course SDK only having 10 episodes to wrap of the series has a lot to do with it but this sudden change in Craevia's dynamic and making them (namely Naevia) the main cause of tension within the rebellion just doesn't feel like natural story progression to me.

At this point, I can only appreciate Crixus' devotion to Naevia, as that is the only part of the story that feels authentic to me.
I feel ya. But, I do think showing that Naevia is not magically healed just because she got revenge on Ashur is realistic to what happens in real life. One act does not suddenly make PTSD victims suddenly whole. And once she told the story of the kind master with the tools - there's no telling what kind of psychotic break she had as she endured that. It's a wonder she's not entirely shut down babbling to herslf in a corner or trying to kill people in her own camp. It's unfortunate that because of all the Naevia haters from the very beginning, then the change of actress hate, and then the CAR hate, that some fans find it harder to sympathize (NOT SAYING CONDONE) Naevia 's behavior.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrixusHeart (View Post)
I feel ya. But, I do think showing that Naevia is not magically healed just because she got revenge on Ashur is realistic to what happens in real life. One act does not suddenly make PTSD victims suddenly whole. And once she told the story of the kind master with the tools - there's no telling what kind of psychotic break she had as she endured that. It's a wonder she's not entirely shut down babbling to herslf in a corner or trying to kill people in her own camp. It's unfortunate that because of all the Naevia haters from the very beginning, then the change of actress hate, and then the CAR hate, that some fans find it harder to sympathize (NOT SAYING CONDONE) Naevia 's behavior.
Oh, I agree. I wasn't expecting her to be completely healed/healthy. But also, don't like that she is so consumed with killing Romans and nothing more. She's pretty one note and that is my biggest complaint. I've said I preferred the Naevia from last season over this one and that is because we saw a range of emotions from her. Sure she was traumatized but we still got some lighthearted moments, moments of sanity, vulnerable, romantic moments between her and Crixus. We've had very little, if any, of that this season and seemingly, because it doesn't serve the plot.

It's funny though because I have heard some complain that there has been too much focus on Crixus and Naevia. lol They are definitely front and center, I just wish there were more to their story/dynamic.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Oh, I agree. I wasn't expecting her to be completely healed/healthy. But also, don't like that she is so consumed with killing Romans and nothing more. She's pretty one note and that is my biggest complaint. I've said I preferred the Naevia from last season over this one and that is because we saw a range of emotions from her. Sure she was traumatized but we still got some lighthearted moments, moments of sanity, vulnerable, romantic moments between her and Crixus. We've had very little, if any, of that this season and seemingly, because it doesn't serve the plot.

It's funny though because I have heard some complain that there has been too much focus on Crixus and Naevia. lol They are definitely front and center, I just wish there were more to their story/dynamic.
I think it's because of the stupid short seasons. I also think that if there were no romans or pirates in he camp we would be seeing more of the Naevia from the end of Vengeance.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

OMG the last 10 min of episode 5 were INSANE
I like it a lot, next episodes the big characters are going to start dying one by one

Caesar is such a c**t, but damn he was awesome, he acted like a boss
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Absolute Fan

I enjoyed this episode more than the last few. Loved both Crixus and Naevia, especially Crixus.

Episode 4 screen caps

Episode 1 prettiness!

*sighs* So annoyed we haven't gotten a love scene. Goodness, even Crassus has gotten a couple. lol
Old 03-04-2013, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

it's a shame they wont get a last love scene before the end
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Absolute Fan

I actually tweeted Steven DeKnight about being upset if there is no Craevia love scene (lol) and he tweeted in response, "noted!" I'll take that as a sign to keep hope alive.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

lol, but they are done with the filming
Old 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Lol. I know. But there are 5 episodes left.

I was half joking about his tweet being a good sign because he could have just ignored me. lol Seriously, I'm not expecting a love scene but I'll hope for one anyway. It's the hopeless romantic in me!
Reply   Post New Thread