Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Couples You Used to Love, But Now Nearly Not as Much

A long time ago I asked the mods if I could make a thread like this, and now I am just remembering

What are some couples you used to love, but now you don't really? Either you changed ship or just don't care for them? Or do you still like them, but not love? Why?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

I'll start. I used to ship Lucas/Peyton, but now I cant stand them. I DESPISE their story and it took season 5 for me to go back and rewatch how poorly they were written. Mark wrote Brooke/Lucas and especially Jake/Peyton as an OTP and then he ruined them so that he could end with LP. But my thing is, why'd he write BL/JP so good then if he never intended to end with them? I guess season 5 made me realize how juvenile Lucas had to become in order to regress back to Peyton. It looked as if he moved on but then she'd kiss him and he'd go back to his old cheating habits. It just didnt make sense how everyone had to get hurt in their epic story. Plus Peyton looked really weak in season 6 taking Lucas back when he told her right before he hated her and she ruined his life LOL
chemistry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Um... let's see. I have a lot of couples that I used to love and then sort of forgot about them or shelved my love for them. Then I came back to them and love them more than ever.

The only couple I used to love completely and fully was Nathan/Haley from OTH. I was completely in love with them. I thought I wouldn't love a couple more than them, but clearly that's changed. S1-3 NH were golden. They couldn't be touched and to a certain degree never can be touched, but S4 changed a lot of things for me. It's when things for OTH started to go downhill, it's when I started to see the real Nathan. I have no doubt that he loves Haley more than anything but actions speak louder than feelings in his case. The whole Rachel thing was enough for me to have my love for them lessened and then S5 with Nanny Carrie cemented my hate for Nathan as a character. Now I'll always love NH, they'll have a special place in my heart as the first ship I was obsessive over, but I honestly don't care about them anymore. They are the same old thing over and over again and it's just enough for me. I can't watch Haley be a supportive cheerleader for Nathan's stupid NBA dreams while she gets to sit at home as a housewife and mother. Then when she does decide to do something for herself she's basically cheated on by her husband and blamed for the psycho nanny kidnapping her son. Mark destroyed my love for NH. Period.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Burning Up A Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

I used to love Dawson/Joey when I was young and innocent but as I grew up I began to love Pacey/Joey. I won't say that I hate DJo, I just don't ship them anymore and ever since I've always been for the love/hate relationships

I can't think of couples that I've stopped shipping, I've always been really dedicated to my couples

though if we talk about couples I didn't care for and I now hate, I have a whole list
jhlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The main two that spring to mind are Ryan/Marissa and Meredith/Derek. And it's more "I hate and despise them now" as opposed to "don't like them as much", lol. I had the epiphany that both men in the pairings sucked and became mystified as to why I ever liked them in the first place. Ryan is cold, judgmental, and deeply boring. Derek is an emotionally abusive creep.
Cristofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

I agree about NH, I loved them in seasons 1-3 also but I cant help but think a part of Nathan always will crave attention for other women, even though he loves Haley above the rest. He continously feels gratification from women throwing themselves on him and he loves it, so he lets it get to a point where the girls kiss him (Rachel then Carrie)...then he pleads the fifth and acts as if he had no idea and it wasnt his fault, lol. I just hate how Haley always has to overcompensate for his stupidity.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

I'll just list a couple of mine for now:

Lucas/Peyton
Spike/Buffy
Ryan/Taylor
Nathan/Haley
House/Cameron

I actually still love a couple of these couples very much, but it doesn't compare to how I used to love them. Seeing as LP and SB used to be OTPS of mine. I was obsessed with House/Cameron. And NH were one of my first ships. And Ryan/Taylor, I used to LOVE. But I guess somethings just changed.

Lucas/Peyton is my biggest example, since they were my favorite couple ever once upon a time. I still love their old scenes and think they had amazing chemistry in the earlier seasons, it's just their writing in the later seasons tainted them. Mark contrived their story, demolished other couples to make LP look good, and made their story annoying. Every character was a LP cheerleader, and everything about LP was destined in the stars, fate, meant to be, soulmates. It was annoying as hell. I feel Mark planned LP from the very beginning, but was stupid and wrote BL/JP so amazingly too. So he basically had a rectangle of couples that were all meant to be, chose one of them(LP) and made them IT. Erased everything else, and kept it that way for seasons and seasons until everyone couldn't stand LP. Now I just have the golden years of OTH, for NH too, to appreciate how amazing they were. And BL/JP too, they have their incredible moments and love stories too. It just sucks how things changed for a show that had everything going for it.

It makes me wish that they didn't end up together because at least they still would of been amazing, because when they aren't together they are good. And then BL/JP could of still been together, and in love and happy.

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 07-05-2009 at 03:44 PM
courtneybangelcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Nathan and Haley I shipped them hard core the first 3 seasons and was devestated during Season 2, but now they lost all their spark and I really dont care about them.

Max and Liz I shipped them hard core too, but I recently went back and watched Roswell and now I dont really know why I liked them soo much.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have to say Rory and Jess I now its hard to believe because I voice strong disaproval of them but when the Gilmore girls first aired I like the potential and thought their scenes were cute. However, then I saw how rediculous he was in S4 when he came back and ask her to give up everything by running away with him. Then I rewatched S3 and I realized how bad he was towards her as a boyfriend he called her a prize by saying " I only went to town events and now that I have you I don't have to try anymore" really was horrible in my opinion. Then when he yells at her to not have sex at a crowded party.
Dawson/Joey yes I liked them in the beginning of DC since I first saw the second season but then when I saw S3 I switched to P/Jo because they were a better fit and Dawson's character was distroyed

Chuck/Blair I don't hate them right now but I use to ship them really strongly but all the constant back and forth this season and certain other things really made me lose the love I have for them. I'm going to try and judge as a couple

Meredith/Derek: Don't hate but i don't really like them in the way I once in S1 and S2 back and forth and Derek being a bit of jerk

I have more but those are my main ones
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I forgot one couple Dan and Serena I shipped them in the pilot but by like 1x10 I thought they were way too cheesy and my love for CB over shadowed them by far. and season 2 made me really stop shipping them all together and at all.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Harry/Hermione- The first HP movie scenes I saw were of them in PoA and I loved their chemistry and they looked great together. Reading the books I tried to make myself like them but there was no canon evidence for me to like them as more that friends.

Nate/Serena- I loved them together since the promos and my love for them diminished up to the point where I just want them to be friends.

Lucas/Peyton- Funny how when I first watched I though LP was the chiz and Brooke was just a meddler only to have it be the other way around. Really I can't stand these two together anymore and even if Lucas decided to be with Brooke I hoped she'd dump his sorry ass. He does not deserve her!

(JustinღAlex)
(icon:not mine)
Bookworm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Off the top of my head, the only one that currently comes to mind is Dawson/Joey. I liked them at first but then I really didn't care for how the characters were being written. I thought Dawson's character was continuously being ruined over the course of the series, big problem for me when the show was called "Dawson's Creek", and I thought Joey became extremely overrated so I eventually went against the triangle altogether. I just grew annoyed that Dawson still strived for the soulmate crap with Joey instead and pretty much quit the show.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, gosh...

Edward/Bella from Twilight. I used to love them! And then I started reading things online and here, and I thought about it and realized how unhealthy their relationship is. And now I hate them.

Bill/Sookie from True Blood! Same as EB. I thought they were really cute and I liked them, and then one day I thought about it, and I realized I hated them.

I should have realized I was going to hate BS after EB. Never ship a cheesy/boring vamp/human relationship. Well, I've finally learned my lesson.
retro physical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

I forgot to add Meredith/Derek too. I love they were amazing in seasons 1-2. Their chemistry was fantastic and I love the lust factor in their relationship. But Derek is an ass and it began to become clear to me in season 3 he was not really with Meredith as it was really more with himself. He's too selfish to give back to someone 100%. Not to mention the chemistry isnt as awesome as it was in seasons 1-2.

Quote:
So he basically had a rectangle of couples that were all meant to be, chose one of them(LP) and made them IT
Well said. He made it so that every couple he created in the BL/JP/LP rectangle was meant to be and he knew he screwed that up, so he tried to write over BL/JP and then LP started to look forced.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well said. He made it so that every couple he created in the BL/JP/LP rectangle was meant to be and he knew he screwed that up, so he tried to write over BL/JP and then LP started to look forced.
Yup, this is exactly what happened And it's a real shame. I sometimes just wish I could of written S4 and that could of changed everything. Just respect ALL the couples and things would of been x100 better.
Reply   Post New Thread