Old 02-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

From the previous thread...

Quote:
As for Kate/Sawyer they were just everything I think a couple should be. They perfectly connected on the emotional, intellectual and physical level, there was no need for anybody to feel inferior or to feel the pressure to change for the sake of the other.
This sfm!! That's why SK are my #1, they were exactly right for each other and I don't think I'll ever have the pleasure of seeing another couple with so many layers, what with the chemistry and the emotional connection, and so 'on the same level' as those two. Too bad the writers felt the need to deny everything they had on the finale and act like they were strangers for the sake of endgame couples.

And I have to agree with what you guys said about Jack/Juliet! Looking back, I don't think I ever fully 'shipped' them but I was able to enjoy Jack's character when he was with her. I also think they had a lot in common and understood each other. Jack trusted and respect Juliet which was also a big plus. Too bad their friendship wasn't developed further.

Puck/Rachel
Finn/Quinn
Sam/Ruby
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I even like to think they got an open ending (well... if we stretch it a little bit ) Who knows what happened off that island
Exactly. They escaped the island together and heck, even in JACK's purtagory it was still all about SK, because even there they where flirting and their connection was obvious.

Not to mention that the final in general made no sense, because nothing at all was resolved and nothing meant nothing according to the writers, but SK not ending up together in Jack's purtagory is actually the only that that does make sense And leaving the purtagory, I believe SK lived a long happy life together off island.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not to mention that the final in general made no sense, because nothing at all was resolved and nothing meant nothing according to the writers, but SK not ending up together in Jack's purtagory is actually the only that that does make sense
And that doesn't just apply to Skate either. If you look at the show as a whole then at the other endgame couples, like Shannon/Sayid (wtf?!), the only explanation for that is they were more familiar to Jack than say Shannon/Boone or Sayid/Nadia (both of whom were more meaningful to the respective characters than Shayid).
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
Sam/Ruby
I thought I was the only one! The pairing/her character gets so much hate in the fandom .
Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
This sfm!! That's why SK are my #1, they were exactly right for each other and I don't think I'll ever have the pleasure of seeing another couple with so many layers, what with the chemistry and the emotional connection, and so 'on the same level' as those two. Too bad the writers felt the need to deny everything they had on the finale and act like they were strangers for the sake of endgame couples.

And I have to agree with what you guys said about Jack/Juliet! Looking back, I don't think I ever fully 'shipped' them but I was able to enjoy Jack's character when he was with her. I also think they had a lot in common and understood each other. Jack trusted and respect Juliet which was also a big plus. Too bad their friendship wasn't developed further.
Beautifully explained

Quote:
Not to mention that the final in general made no sense,
Jack was far too self-absorbed to really pay attention to the other people on the island, so he just gave them random endings in his head . The only thing he could not ignore, even when he tried, is Skate.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty ones (View Post)
I thought I was the only one! The pairing/her character gets so much hate in the fandom .
I thought I was the only one too! I know they weren't happy & sunshine couple but I felt like she genuinely cared for Sam, they had great chemistry and besides Sam/Sara she was the only one I could picture Sam being romantically involved with. Only SPN couple I ever really shipped. I hate the way they ended.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Carter/Serena fits perfectly here.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jack was far too self-absorbed to really pay attention to the other people on the island, so he just gave them random endings in his head . The only thing he could not ignore, even when he tried, is Skate.
This sums the final nonsense perfectly

It all happened in Jack's dying brain, he didn't really know all those people nor did he bother to know them when they where alive. He didn't know about Sayid's undying love for Nadya. He didn't know about Locke/Helen story. He didn't know much of a Boone/Shannon relationship off island and everything that happened between them during their lives. All he knew was what he SAW on island and that's why he gave them that ending. But you are 100 procents right, the only thing he did KNOW is that Skate where the real deal and always had a connection that he couldn't ignore even if he wanted too.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AIR~ (View Post)
Carter/Serena fits perfectly here.
Definitely! Still love them so much!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Air
Elite Fan

I still have my open ended endgame for them in my head, where Serena decides to hell with men at the end of the series--because you know....she's fallen in love with waaaay too many people-- and goes off to travel and find herself. And then she'll be abroad somewhere and Carter will just show up and be all "hey beautiful" and Serena will just smile. Boom. The end.

it's my dream
Old 02-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AIR~ (View Post)
I still have my open ended endgame for them in my head, where Serena decides to hell with men at the end of the series--because you know....she's fallen in love with waaaay too many people-- and goes off to travel and find herself. And then she'll be abroad somewhere and Carter will just show up and be all "hey beautiful" and Serena will just smile. Boom. The end.

it's my dream
I think that's basically all CaSers dream! I know it's mine!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Cook/Naomi - Skins
And maybe? Stan/Cadie US!Skins
Old 02-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spike and Buffy
My LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread