Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Couples You Don't Like #46: Come in and find out...

Rules for the thread:
No defending of your couple. This thread is here to discuss why you don't like/care for a certain couple. Not why you should like my couple. Its ok to say hey you disagree with them, but don't take it out of line.

NO Bashing on each other.

Try not to come on just to egg someone on. (example: Say a poster just came on to say why they didn't like Dick and Jane, a fellow posters sees that, who likes Dick and Jane, and decides to come on and say how they really liked Dick with Jane and hated Dick with Lucy.) This rule kind of falls under the first one but Ive seen it were some just come on and keep putting the same couple over and over because they see a few talking bad about there couple. I don't want any small shipper wars started on here. Jen and I let this thread go through so you guys do have a place to vent off steam since we don't allow any anti threads.

Let's continue!

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Harry/Ginny
Ron/Hermione
Edward/Bella

How they suckkkk!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Banned

Edward/Bella
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermoine

I did not like Harry with everyone. The hero/protagonist most likely has a bigger role than who their romantically associated with. I thought Harry should have died, it was the most fitting.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT paula

Harry/Ginny Where did that come from?????? He hated being famous and she was his fangirl Nr.1
I wanted Harry to die - or to be with Luna, the only girl he actually would've made sense with

Pacey/Joey
Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
Edward/Bella
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermoine

I did not like Harry with everyone. The hero/protagonist most likely has a bigger role than who their romantically associated with. I thought Harry should have died, it was the most fitting.
Word. Harry/Hermione could have been okay if their had been any hint of non-platonic feelings. But since their wasn't really, and R/Hr had so much build-up, I find it hard to be fan of H/Hr.

And Harry/Ginny is just the worst by far. I'm almost done with book 6 now, which is when Harry starts to become attracted to her...and it's just so frickin random! Before I only read in here how much HG sucked, and I couldn't really have an opinion because I had only read books 1-5. But now that I'm reading the start of their "development" (if you can call it that), I totally understand why this couple gets so much *****. Harry's sudden interest in Ginny was so OOC, and Ginny's completely dull and bratty anyways.

If there was anyone Harry should have ended up with, I think it was Luna. But that's for another thread...
Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

I don't ship Harry with anyone either but Harry/Ginny was just the worst. I didn't really see romantic connections with any of the other girls, but they were all more connected to him than Ginny.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

No build up whatsoever with Harry/Ginny, it just flew out of nowhere. She was a stalker and all of a sudden this mary-sue he had to get some of that from?

But Harry/Hermoine isnt any better. She was like a sister to him. Nothing at all romantic between them; they are very Luke/Leia like IMO.

I think he made the most sense with Luna too but I never got my hopes up for that ship because I was so sure by book 5 he was supposed to die
Old 06-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
No build up whatsoever with Harry/Ginny, it just flew out of nowhere. She was a stalker and all of a sudden this mary-sue he had to get some of that from?

But Harry/Hermoine isnt any better. She was like a sister to him. Nothing at all romantic between them; they are very Luke/Leia like IMO.

I think he made the most sense with Luna too but I never got my hopes up for that ship because I was so sure by book 5 he was supposed to die
I can see your point about Harry dying. I feel like JKR really wimped out with the ending. Everything was wrapped up in the way that you would've expected if you believed their would be a happy ending: Voldemort dying, Harry living, none of the really important main characters being killed off, all the predictable couples (like R/Hr and H/G) getting married and having kids...I just feel like she should have done something that would have shocked us and maybe upset some people. It sounds negative, but it would've been more interesting that way. If that makes sense?

And as far as H/L goes, I knew they weren't going to end up together, but they were still my biggest ship from the series. I guess it was just wishful thinking that kept me invested in them.

To me, all the endgame HP couples came off as lazy. It seemed like JKR just wanted everyone to be paired up with someone in the end, which just isn't realistic.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

I really wish Harry would've died, anything would have been better than that cheesey epilogue.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Chest monster

Lucas/Peyton: Can't say it enough...She only wanted to be with him when he was with someone else. He needed all his his friends to tell him Peyton was his TLA And he recycled all his lines - "pretty girl" still makes me angry

Pacey/Joey
Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Any outcome for Harry would've been better than Harry/Ginny. I didn't have high hopes for Harry/Luna, not after that HBP fail, but it still never stopped me from shipping them.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

The chest monster was the lamest thing to ever exist in fictional world. Im so embarassed for JK

Quote:
To me, all the endgame HP couples came off as lazy. It seemed like JKR just wanted everyone to be paired up with someone in the end, which just isn't realistic.
Same. I agree with this. She was lazy and copped out for sure with the ending. The epilogue seems like someone she came up with after she finished writing the first book. But then somewhere in the middle she veered off track big time and forgot that the goal was Harry/Ginny so she rushed it up in the last couple of books and it came out sloppy.

Quote:
Lucas/Peyton: Can't say it enough...She only wanted to be with him when he was with someone else. He needed all his his friends to tell him Peyton was his TLA And he recycled all his lines - "pretty girl" still makes me angry
Quite ridiculous if you think about it. Lucas never EVER came to the conclusion that he wanted to be with Peyton on his own and because of this they never had a real build up EVER. It was always a forced moment of clarity (Season 4 and season 6). I just hate how desparate and pathetic Peyton always appears as she pimes for Lucas and hes off wanting someone else. Then she allows herself to just be his back up plan when hes decided hes ready to stop working hard to get the girl he really wanted during the paticular season (Lindsey or Brooke)
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

I'm trying to rewatch S3 of BH:90210 and Dylan/Kelly are ruining it for me
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

What about Sawyer Brooke Scott? Or how he started writing that book while he was with Brooke? Or how he said "I do" to Lindsey and proposed to Peyton after telling her he hated her? And how he did the same thing with Brooke, trying to win her back then just settling for Peyton right after in S4? This after Peyton told Brooke she had feelings for Luke while Brooke was still with him and expected Brooke to justify that she loved him, and then when she told Lucas she loved him he's all "oh, that's nice". LP sucks so hard.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

The chest monster came off like really bad fanfiction.

Quote:
The epilogue seems like someone she came up with after she finished writing the first book. But then somewhere in the middle she veered off track big time and forgot that the goal was Harry/Ginny so she rushed it up in the last couple of books and it came out sloppy.
That was a huge problem IMO. She wrote the epilogue years in advance but didn't really adjust it to fit in with how the rest of the series played out.