Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Couples You Don't Like #40 ~ Let the EPIC FAIL continue!

Rules for the thread:
No defending of your couple. This thread is here to discuss why you don't like/care for a certain couple. Not why you should like my couple. Its ok to say hey you disagree with them, but don't take it out of line.

NO Bashing on each other.

Try not to come on just to egg someone on. (example: Say a poster just came on to say why they didn't like Dick and Jane, a fellow posters sees that, who likes Dick and Jane, and decides to come on and say how they really liked Dick with Jane and hated Dick with Lucy.) This rule kind of falls under the first one but Ive seen it were some just come on and keep putting the same couple over and over because they see a few talking bad about there couple. I don't want any small shipper wars started on here. Jen and I let this thread go through so you guys do have a place to vent off steam since we don't allow any anti threads.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Jacob/Bella to christen the thread! The definition of failure
Old 06-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate Rory and Jess because that realationship like L/P they started by cheating. They made Rory look like a weak fool who led on her boyfriend who loved her in S3. Finally someone who agrees with my sentiment about J/B
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

OMG I hate Both Jess/Rory and Jacob/Bella

I always thought Jess was a huge Jerk. Normally I go for the bad boys of shows, but for me to like them there has to be a reason why they are the way they are. i.e. Chuck Bass- daddy issue, Sawyer- daddy issues, and Logan Echolls- Major Daddy issues. but with Jess nothing explained him being an ass hat to everyone when he came on.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From the previous thread

Quote:
ElizaSparrow: Sanna don't defend
I didn't defend any couple I talked about the show and the books. And that I didn't like Eric/Sookie. i dind't even mention Bill/Sookie in the post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Edward&Bella - The worst couple I have come across anywhere ever. Sure Harry&Ginny sucked big time, but at least they weren't the whole focus of the books and the entire plot wasn't based on their romance as is the case with EB, which is why EB is worse for me. Co dependency does NOT equal love, trying to kill yourself when the other leaves you/dies does NOT equal love. Bella let Edward become her whole entire universe, she had no life outside of him, that was just really sad and pathetic. She had no self-worth around him and always bleated on about how she'd never be good enough or pretty enough and was so lucky to have him love her, it made me retch on behalf of womenkind. And all we ever really got from her was how perfect he was and how he made her heart race, I never saw any good reason why she was suddenly "irrevocably in love" with him. And they couldn't even act like a real couple in the physical sense, in case he lost control and had her for breakfast, how romantic (not). Oh yes, and let's not forget the practically undressing herself in front of him and begging him to sleep with her, not to mention how he pretty much conned her into marrying him even though she violently hated the idea and he knew it. I could go on and on and on, their fail is endless. No offence to people who ship them, but I will just never understand what is attractive about them, because I cannot name even one good thing about their relationship.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
Edward&Bella - The worst couple I have come across anywhere ever. Sure Harry&Ginny sucked big time, but at least they weren't the whole focus of the books and the entire plot wasn't based on their romance as is the case with EB, which is why EB is worse for me. Co dependency does NOT equal love, trying to kill yourself when the other leaves you/dies does NOT equal love. Bella let Edward become her whole entire universe, she had no life outside of him, that was just really sad and pathetic. She had no self-worth around him and always bleated on about how she'd never be good enough or pretty enough and was so lucky to have him love her, it made me retch on behalf of womenkind. And all we ever really got from her was how perfect he was and how he made her heart race, I never saw any good reason why she was suddenly "irrevocably in love" with him. And they couldn't even act like a real couple in the physical sense, in case he lost control and had her for breakfast, how romantic (not). Oh yes, and let's not forget the practically undressing herself in front of him and begging him to sleep with her, not to mention how he pretty much conned her into marrying him even though she violently hated the idea and he knew it. I could go on and on and on, their fail is endless. No offence to people who ship them, but I will just never understand what is attractive about them, because I cannot name even one good thing about their relationship.
Big fat word! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Oh and I just have to add Bill and Sookie. Hate them so much, more than I've ever hated any couple. No chemistry at all to me.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP

Last edited by Burning Up A Sun; 06-04-2009 at 09:32 AM
Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
OMG, you are my favorite person now
EB.SUCK.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh and I just have to add Bill and Sookie. Hate them so much, more than I've ever hated any couple. No chemistry at all to me.
Exactly. What makes them worse than any other pairing is that the show LITERALLY revolves around them. Atleast with other pairings shoved in your face, if you hate them you can watch for another plotline, like I just ignored Jate and focused on Skate. There IS NO other pairing on TB except for Bill/Sookie; probably because they know if BS had competition, they'd lose fans.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Jim/Karen (The Office) - This pairing is so frustrating. So much S3 angst.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
probably because they know if BS had competition, they'd lose fans.

A show that focuses only on one couple is bad. Looke at Bones, now their main focus is Booth/Brennan and a lot of people quit watching because:

a) They watched for the cases because it was a procedural drama show not a soap opera;
b) They don't care about BB as a couple and now the show revolves around them. It's ridiculous. BB had a great friendship/partnership in the first 2 seasons. Now it's yet another pairing that gets shoved down our throats as epic and meant to be.

I'm so glad that the writers of Criminal Minds don't focus on romance within the team at all. Thank you Edward & co!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Banned

OTH suffered the same fate in seasons 5-6, they literally had the show focus on how meant to be LP was, and that was when it all went to hell. Those seasons arent even watchable, AT ALL.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

True. And LP is really easy to dislike because they are written so badly. Mark loves them but seems to bash them all the time. In season 5 they were contrived (Mark shouldn't have make LL so important because it made Lucas look even more stupid) and Peyton (my fave character) was pathetic and desperate. It wasn't the Peyton from the past, it was a weak woman who desperately wanted the guy. And after all he did in season 5, he said yes, he told her he hated her and that destroyed his life...she comes running?? Sometimes I wonder what Mark thinks about women because all the women in Tree Hill seem so dependant and they always forgive and forget. And he destroyed my OTP [in one of the lamest ways possible] just to get LP together.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Lucas/Peyton, I just don't like these two. I don't see any chemistry. Besides, Lucas cheated on Brooke with Peyton and Peyton betrayed her best friend. I don't see what is so epic about that. When Lucas was engaged to Lindsey in season 5, Peyton was acting like a 5 year old child. She was really mean to Lindsey, especially during the episode where Haley, Brooke, Peyton, Lindsey and Mia got stuck in the High School Library.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Banned

Mark has no respect for women because even NH had the same problems. Nathan gets all these girls sniffing around him every season and instead of telling them to back off, he sits back and waits until it gets too bad and then does something about it only after Haley busted him. Then he pleads the fifth. In season 3 Haley had to work all season to get Nathan back, in season 5 Nathan got her back within two episodes.

Peyton was beyond desparate in season 5, she was soooo weak and in the meanwhile Lucas literally looked too in love with Lindsey. The romance was very poorly written because it made LL look way too legit, so for Peyton to just take him back was desparate and sad
Closed Thread   Post New Thread