Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2021, 05:35 PM
  #16
Me Before You

 
olicity4eva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 195,617
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Dawson &Joey
Andie &Pacey
Tamara &Pacey
Thea &anyone but Roy
__________________
Kristen

Icon
”I am the flash”
olicity4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:20 PM
  #17
Master Fan

 
Redlight-Electr0's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,261
Mac/Desi (MacGyver) - I really hope the writers don't make them endgame because they have no business staying together especially after Riley and Mac confessing they had feelings for each other. They've been on and off for 2 seasons straight, always arguing and not seeing eye to eye, and now suddenly he wants to marry her? Mac should just confront his true feelings for Riley instead of forcing a relationship with Desi.

Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter) - These two are like oil and water, they just don't mix at all. Their feelings for each other feel incredibly forced knowing the petty way in which they've always treated each other. There's a reason why Ron has felt jealous over Hermione and Harry's relationship in the last book. Because Hermione has always prioritized Harry since book 1 and Rowling choosing to pair Hermione with Ron instead of Harry is just a silly cop out to make Ron the underdog feel less sorry for himself .

Harry/Ginny (Harry Potter) - Don't dislike this pairing as much as the former one, because had Rowling invested in developing Ginny's character earlier right after Chamber of Secrets, than maybe I could've gotten behind this pairing. However, this is not the case. This relationship came out of the blue. It felt completely contrived and when was reading Half Blood Prince it felt like I was reading about completely different characters. Not to mention that Ginny went from being barely present to turning into an unsufferable holier than thou, my **** doesnt stink Mary Sue.

Aang/Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Came out of left field with no explanation as to how/when Katara had feelings for him. The chemistry is non existent and it felt more like Aang was just rewarded by getting the girl after all his past trials.

Stefan/Elena/Damon (The Vampire Diaries) - Both of these ships are bad for different reasons. They were both in love with the same woman 2 centuries ago, 2 hundered years later, surprise! history repeats itself with a woman who looks exactly like their ex-lover in the 1800s. Stelena is completely devoid of any chemistry, I fall asleep because of the snoozefest and the cringey cheesiness that is their lurve. On top of that, I think Stefan deserves way better than Elena's selfish and two faced ass. When it comes to Delena, that ship is completely toxic and weird. They bring out the absolute worst in each other. If the writers wanted to write a good love/hate, bad boy/good girl relationship they should've gone for Bamon instead.

Booke/Lucas (One Tree Hill) - This ship was only a plot device to create friction between Leyton who were meant to be since Season 1. Brooke is put in some sort of pedestal in the OTH Fandom but the girl knew what she was doing by going after the guy that her best friend was into and vice versa. Not only was she being selfish in the first place but she was being arrogant in thinking that they would suddenly stop liking each other once she made her move on Lucas. Reviving Brucas was completely and utterly useless. Lucas' epiphany at the end of Season 2 was just ridiculous and contrived. They clearly just wanted to exploit Chad and Sophia's chemistry because they were a couple.

Edward/Bella (Twilight) - These two are all kinds of cringe. S.Meyer tried so hard to make this couple into the greatest love story of all time, when it just fell flat because of the vapidity of these two characters who are just so unhealthily obsessed with one another for no apparent reason than that Bella's blood sings to Edward, and Bella? She's just a twat with no brains who will give up her whole life, her humanity for some vapid, controlling, holier than thou vampire who did nothing but stalk her, baby her, and make her so codependant on him that when he selfishly left her she was a broken lifeless mess. I just rolled my eyes to the back of my had when Bella had the audacity to top their relationship in the name of love in Breaking Dawn: Nobody has ever loved anything in this world as much as I love you. Girl, give me a break!
__________________
Sorry, baby.
icon credit
Redlight-Electr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:28 PM
  #18
Me Before You

 
olicity4eva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 195,617
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Dawson &Joey
Andie &Pacey
Tamara &Pacey
Thea &anyone but Roy
__________________
Kristen

Icon
”I am the flash”
olicity4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:30 PM
  #19
Elite Fan

 
Psychically Linked ღ's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 25,261
Dawson & Joey (Dawson's Creek) Joey had Dawson on a pedestal and Dawson only wanted Joey when she was with someone else or no longer interested in him. Furthermore, Dawson saw Joey as a prize to be won and didnt treat her with the respect she deserved. They were just a constant trainwreck from start to finish and the SECOND Joey realized that being with Dawson wasnt what she thought it would be she wanted to find herself. Which valid. Basically, they brought out the absolute WORST in each other. Soulmates my a$$.

Buck & Abby (9-1-1) The way she treated him was pretty appalling. The fact is, they were emotionally incompatible for one another. Buck fell for her HARD but it was clear to me that she was just using him to make herself feel better about herself. Which valid for her but when she realized he was falling for her she should've ended it herself instead of ghosting him. Buck deserved better, full stop.

Jace & Alec (Shadowhunters) Never really a couple but Alec's feelings for Jace were just awful to watch. They made Alec completely miserable and Jace could never return his feelings. Alec deserved so much better especially since Jace low key took advantage of the fact that Alec had feelings for him. I'm so glad that Alec found REAL love.

Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf) Stiles's crush on Lydia was just painful to watch from start to finish. She never returned his feelings and he low key stalked her. Season 6 was a total cop out imho, when they did get together. It made absolute no sense to me that she was suddenly so in love with him when she never gave any indication of having any feelings for him before that. They honestly deserved better than the forced ending that they got imho.

Luke & Reid (As the World Turns) My most hated ship ever in existence EVER. Reid came out of nowhere and completely changed everything that Luke Snyder was as a person. Or at least the writers did so he could somehow fit with someone like Reid. It made no sense to me and while the actors had chemistry, they didnt have any ROMANTIC chemistry. Luke's love for Reid wasnt believable especially when he spent three years being in love with someone else. It didnt make sense.
__________________
"No music is worth making, Julie
if we're not making it with you."

icon credit: meraki
Psychically Linked ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:22 PM
  #20
Addicted Fan

 
LindaL100's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Buck & Abby (9-1-1) The way she treated him was pretty appalling. The fact is, they were emotionally incompatible for one another. Buck fell for her HARD but it was clear to me that she was just using him to make herself feel better about herself. Which valid for her but when she realized he was falling for her she should've ended it herself instead of ghosting him. Buck deserved better, full stop.

Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf) Stiles's crush on Lydia was just painful to watch from start to finish. She never returned his feelings and he low key stalked her. Season 6 was a total cop out imho, when they did get together. It made absolute no sense to me that she was suddenly so in love with him when she never gave any indication of having any feelings for him before that. They honestly deserved better than the forced ending that they got imho.
I disagree with you about Buck and Abby, I think Abby did genuinely care about Buck and did have feelings for him, I mean, the reason why she reached out to talk to Buck in the first place was because she saw him struggling to deal with losing someone he was trying to save, she offered her shoulder for Buck to lean on and they began interacting with each other on the phone, she offered herself up to him as his confidante, someone he could talk to whenever he needed help or just someone to listen and communicate with. And through his interactions with Abby, Buck changed, he matured for the better. So I think they were both good for each other and over time it grew into something more. But I think losing her mother changed everything for Abby, for most of her entire life her life was always about helping & taking care of others, being a 911 operator & having to care for her sick mother, always putting other people before herself. Then suddenly she was alone after her mother died, she needed to get away to find herself and put herself first for the first time in her life. Although I agree that the way she treated Buck in the end, ghosting him like that was appalling, but I think when they were still together they were good for each other, I just don't like how their relationship ended, I think her mother's death was the real turning point in her life and it made her re-evaluate her life.

But I agree with you about Stiles & Lydia, I think this couple is so overrated, for much of the show Lydia had shown absolutely no interest in Stiles romantically, she always only saw him as a friend, Stile's romantic feelings for Lydia was always just one-sided, and he was dating Malia for quite a long time. Then in the last season Lydia suddenly developed romantic feelings for Stiles, it didn't make any sense really and it felt very rushed, there was no real build up, it was like one minute she had no feelings for him then the next minute she suddenly loves him, it was very abrupt. I think the only reason Stiles & Lydia got together in the end was because "Stydia" became such a popular ship with fans from the beginning that in the end the writers finally caved and just gave the Stydia fans what they wanted, regardless of how rushed it was and how much it made no sense. Putting Stydia together in the end was just fan service I think.

Last edited by LindaL100; 04-03-2021 at 07:33 PM
LindaL100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:31 PM
  #21
Me Before You

 
olicity4eva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 195,617
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Dawson &Joey
Andie &Pacey
Tamara &Pacey
Thea &anyone but Roy
__________________
Kristen

Icon
”I am the flash”
olicity4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:09 PM
  #22
Fan Forum Legend

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 661,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlight-Electr0 (View Post)
Booke/Lucas (One Tree Hill) - This ship was only a plot device to create friction between Leyton who were meant to be since Season 1. Brooke is put in some sort of pedestal in the OTH Fandom but the girl knew what she was doing by going after the guy that her best friend was into and vice versa. Not only was she being selfish in the first place but she was being arrogant in thinking that they would suddenly stop liking each other once she made her move on Lucas. Reviving Brucas was completely and utterly useless. Lucas' epiphany at the end of Season 2 was just ridiculous and contrived. They clearly just wanted to exploit Chad and Sophia's chemistry because they were a couple.
This so much! It was obvious from episode 1! Teen Brooke was basically a typical HS bully who was rarely, if ever, called out for her behaviour. She absolutely knew what she was doing, she always did, she knowingly set herself up for a fall and then was surprised when everyone else didn't fall in line with what she had decided she wanted. Even went so far as to trying to push Peyton back into a toxic relationship with Nathan. Never understood the pedestal she was put on.

Reviving them was pointless and was for sure for the sake of exploiting bts, and considering what we know now (about Mark, and what Hilarie told us about him taking pleasure in forcing Sophia to work with Chad even though it made her uncomfortable), it's worse.
__________________
Hailey Upton
"Sometimes you gotta trust your gut."

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:24 PM
  #23
Moderator Manager

 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 125,094
Elliot/Kathy [SVU]
__________________

♫ musician spirits ♫
🎸 🎤 🥁
ღ jackie | icon polaris
We're Sunset Curve. Tell your friends!
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:13 PM
  #24
Elite Fan

 
Psychically Linked ღ's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 25,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I disagree with you about Buck and Abby, I think Abby did genuinely care about Buck and did have feelings for him, I mean, the reason why she reached out to talk to Buck in the first place was because she saw him struggling to deal with losing someone he was trying to save, she offered her shoulder for Buck to lean on and they began interacting with each other on the phone, she offered herself up to him as his confidante, someone he could talk to whenever he needed help or just someone to listen and communicate with. And through his interactions with Abby, Buck changed, he matured for the better. So I think they were both good for each other and over time it grew into something more. But I think losing her mother changed everything for Abby, for most of her entire life her life was always about helping & taking care of others, being a 911 operator & having to care for her sick mother, always putting other people before herself. Then suddenly she was alone after her mother died, she needed to get away to find herself and put herself first for the first time in her life. Although I agree that the way she treated Buck in the end, ghosting him like that was appalling, but I think when they were still together they were good for each other, I just don't like how their relationship ended, I think her mother's death was the real turning point in her life and it made her re-evaluate her life.
Yes and no. I do agree that she started off with genuine intentions but honestly they were both at completely different emotional development levels in their lives. Abby needed someone her own age as did Buck. The age difference in general didnt really squick me, it was the fact that while I love him, Buck was without a doubt 100% a frat boy in season 1. He grew SO MUCH since then, but back then? Buck 1.0 was not emotionally ready for someone like Abby and Abby wasnt ready for someone like Buck when he got ALL in. They just werent right or each other in the end and Buck 100% deserved better.
__________________
"No music is worth making, Julie
if we're not making it with you."

icon credit: meraki
Psychically Linked ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:46 PM
  #25
Fan Forum Star

 
- reflecting light -'s Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 150,125
Luke/Anyone besides Lorelai
Lorelai/Anyone besides Luke
__________________
Mr. & Mrs. backwards baseball cap. ღ
- reflecting light - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:57 PM
  #26
Addicted Fan

 
LindaL100's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Yes and no. I do agree that she started off with genuine intentions but honestly they were both at completely different emotional development levels in their lives. Abby needed someone her own age as did Buck. The age difference in general didnt really squick me, it was the fact that while I love him, Buck was without a doubt 100% a frat boy in season 1. He grew SO MUCH since then, but back then? Buck 1.0 was not emotionally ready for someone like Abby and Abby wasnt ready for someone like Buck when he got ALL in. They just werent right or each other in the end and Buck 100% deserved better.
I disagree with you about them needing people who were the same age as them, age should not be a factor, even if they did date people around their same age does not necessarily mean that they would've been happy or it's what they needed. And we did see Buck gradually maturing into a more responsible person through his interactions with Abby. I think Buck & Abby were in a very good place in their relationship before Abby's mother died, everything was fine before that, Buck was maturing and ready to fully commit to Abby and Abby was happy with Buck, it seemed like they were on the same page. But then Abby's mother suddenly died and everything changed, like I said, I think her mum's death was the real turning point in her life, it changed her life dramatically and that's when things started to go sideways in their relationship. I know the writers had written Abby's character out & wrote their breakup the way that they did because Connie Britton only signed on for 1 season, but if Connie had stayed on the show then I think Buck & Abby still would be together now. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by LindaL100; 04-04-2021 at 09:37 PM
LindaL100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:03 PM
  #27
Fan Forum Hero

 
break the window's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 95,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by olicity4eva (View Post)
Damon & Elena
Dawson &Joey

same
__________________
I Love You
I Want To Spend The Rest of My Life With You
Trace & Abby
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:23 AM
  #28
Dedicated Fan
 
semmafightsellie's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 584
Mouth and anyone
jay and emma
ashley and anyone
__________________
SeanEmma SeanEllie Duncan Veronica Logan Veronica Nathanღ Haley StefanღKatherine DamonღBonnie NickღAndy PaceyღAndie DanღBlair
semmafightsellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:51 PM
  #29
Me Before You

 
olicity4eva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 195,617
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Dawson &Joey
Andie &Pacey
Tamara &Pacey
Thea &anyone but Roy
__________________
Kristen

Icon
”I am the flash”
olicity4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:41 AM
  #30
Addicted Fan

 
LindaL100's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,152
Wolverine & Jean Grey (X-Men movies) - I've always loved Jean Grey's relationship with Cyclops, they were arguably the most iconic and beloved couple in the X-Men universe especially in the comics and cartoons. But they completely ruined this beautiful couple in the movies in favour of Wolverine & Jean Grey. I never liked Jean Grey & Wolverine together, they were never a good match in the comics & cartoons, but they wanted Wolverine to be the lead character in the X-Men movies and I think that's the only reason they put so much emphasis on Wolverine's relationship with Jean Grey. The way the movies portrayed this relationship was implying that Wolverine was Jean's "true love" when that is not true, Cyclops has always been Jean's one and only real love. As much as I love Hugh Jackman and I love his portrayal of Wolverine, but I've always thought the character of Wolverine itself is very over-rated, there was way too much hype & focus on him in the movies at the expense of just about every other character in the X-Men movies, especially Cyclops & Rogue; the 2 most under-rated and most ruined characters in the movies. And this whole Cyclops-Jean-Wolverine love triangle was poorly written, it made Jean a cheater and made me dislike her character in the movies, even though I loved her in the comics & cartoons, I also think Jean is one of the most over-rated characters in the movies, she deserved all the popularity she has in the comics and cartoons, but not in the movies. And I never liked Wolverine much either, because he went after a woman who was clearly already taken. I much prefer Wolverine with either Storm or Rogue.
LindaL100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST