Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2019, 07:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein (View Post)
I never think or imply that Blair is as an angel either. She was this mean, petty girl. Unlike others I don't think her worst doings are to Chuck. What she did to Rachel Carr, Nelly Yuki etc were the worst. That is high school stuff though and you always see her lose things in turn. Most of her schemes blew up in her face. She paid for them every single time. That is in the narration of the show. Hell that is the entire show. But Chuck's attempted rape, physical violence etc was treated like it was nothing. It is not nothing. He never pays! He sells Blair out and she is ready to forgive him for that. If it weren't for CJ sleeping together, Blair was ready to take him back. Just like that. Only because he got shot then even that is forgiven.

They make other characters say stuff like, "it is ok, I understand why you did it I forgive" etc without him doing anything to make things right. They make Blair say that CJ or DS sleeping together were the worst things anyone could ever do to her. Forgetting him getting physical with her when he was drunk, selling her in exchange for a hotel etc. That's my main issue with the character. The show shouldn't have written such nasty storylines for Chuck if they weren't going to address the issues properly.

Edit: before all overprotective fans come, I want to stress that I am not bashing or hating on characters. I am not calling them names. I am pointing out all the things wrong with writers thinking they can make a character go dark and pass it off like it is nothing.
Blair’s actions she did were not high school stuff, some of it was illegal and extremely damaging to people. Also can I ask why you are yelling? The exclamation points are not needed, you are getting your point across to me fine without them. Chuck’s actions were deplorable but mentioning all his worse doings in the show and dismissing Blair’s as mean high school stuff is a joke to me. I watched the show and most of Blair’s schemes transcended ‘mean high school stuff’. I am honestly not trying to debate with you, I find Chuck incredibly gross but I often think Blair gets a free pass for all of her incredibly nasty stuff she does because Chuck is worse. They are both incredibly disturbing human beings and their relationship with each other just exacerbates the nasty.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany45 (View Post)
Blair’s actions she did were not high school stuff, some of it was illegal and extremely damaging to people. Also can I ask why you are yelling? The exclamation points are not needed, you are getting your point across to me fine without them. Chuck’s actions were deplorable but mentioning all his worse doings in the show and dismissing Blair’s as mean high school stuff is a joke to me. I watched the show and most of Blair’s schemes transcended ‘mean high school stuff’. I am honestly not trying to debate with you, I find Chuck incredibly gross but I often think Blair gets a free pass for all of her incredibly nasty stuff she does because Chuck is worse. They are both incredibly disturbing human beings and their relationship with each other just exacerbates the nasty.
The reason why she is yelling is because some of those issues bother her.

Quote:
I never think or imply that Blair is as an angel either. She was this mean, petty girl. Unlike others I don't think her worst doings are to Chuck. What she did to Rachel Carr, Nelly Yuki etc were the worst. That is high school stuff though and you always see her lose things in turn. Most of her schemes blew up in her face. She paid for them every single time. That is in the narration of the show. Hell that is the entire show. But Chuck's attempted rape, physical violence etc was treated like it was nothing. It is not nothing. He never pays! He sells Blair out and she is ready to forgive him for that. If it weren't for CJ sleeping together, Blair was ready to take him back. Just like that. Only because he got shot then even that is forgiven.

They make other characters say stuff like, "it is ok, I understand why you did it I forgive" etc without him doing anything to make things right. They make Blair say that CJ or DS sleeping together were the worst things anyone could ever do to her. Forgetting him getting physical with her when he was drunk, selling her in exchange for a hotel etc. That's my main issue with the character. The show shouldn't have written such nasty storylines for Chuck if they weren't going to address the issues properly.

I am pointing out all the things wrong with writers thinking they can make a character go dark and pass it off like it is nothing.
I agree with this.

Buffy&Cordelia: look below.

Angel&Cordelia: Because it goes against the show's purpose and why Angel left Buffy in Sunnydale in the first place. Angel and Cordy are hardly compatible. If he were to achieve a true moment of happiness with her (which he NEVER did), he would have easily sunk his teeth into her neck the next morning. Cordelia is obviously weaker than Buffy.

This ship is very insensitive towards Buffy considering Cordelia's treatment towards Buffy in the past. Buffy saved Cordelia's life a zillion times while Cordelia was an ungrateful bitch towards Buffy. Cordelia blames Buffy when darkness follows. It doesn't follow whenever Buffy is around, it is when Faith, Wesley, Giles, Oz, Xander, Willow, and Angel is around. She told Angel to set up an agency to help people against demons/darkness. So that is hypocrisy there.

Cordelia is basically hoe trash in late Season 1 through early Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when Angel was clearly interested in a slayer who is the love of his life above everyone in the series. Here are some examples:

Be patient, we're trying to create something here. — BTVS Gifs - Reptile Boy (2.05)

Cordelia's behavior towards Angel annoyed me greatly in Season 2. It wasn't Angel's fault that Cordelia had "no where else to go". It's her own ****ing fault that she doesn't know how to put an application in to Macy's and give up her visions. Angel didn't deserve to grovel over her forgiveness by buying her "presents".

I'm having a hard time thinking how a marriage between these two characters would be like. They would get a divorce within a year.

The writers had to change Cordelia in AtS Season 3 to be Saint Corduffy in order to be with Angel. The writers knew that Buffy and slayers were his type, so Cordelia had to act like a poor conceited version of Buffy in order to be with Angel.

alluringcliche

best boss I ever had

http://eversincetheman.tumblr.com/post/97358739104

Well in Angel Season 3, they made Angel look dumb as well as the gang. We can see Cordelia and Wesley telling Fred taht she cannot have a relationship with Angel considering his curse and why he left Buffy back in Sunnydale. They pretty much decided to throw everything that is said about Cordelia being against Angel being with Buffy&being in a relationship because of the result of Angelus coming forth. Also they tried to erase how snotty and ungrateful Cordelia was against Buffy, something Angel doesn't like. The Angel writers in Season 3 were making the whole Angel gang be so goddamn insensitive towards Buffy. Who set Angel on his path on doing the good fight and saving souls? It sure as hell isn't Cordelia. It was Buffy. In Amends, Buffy put him on that path. Lorne, an empath demon should have known better to not to meddle in Angel's love life and that Cordelia doesn't really like Buffy, which makes me confused of why Cordelia was on the show in the first place. Cordelia wasn't much of a hero as Buffy was. She never had the same exact strength as Buffy does, which makes You're Welcome stupid considering Eve has better power over Cordelia. Cordelia didn't have much training to begin with while Buffy has thousand more experience than she does. Buffy is also a seer.

As for Season 4, they kept on continuing with damn love triangles, which did nothing good. Even when Angel brought Buffy up in the second or first episode, he thought it would still be alright to try and find Cordelia even though Buffy lives 2 hours away. So let's continue with the whole Buffy/Angel/Cordelia thing even though Angel's first choice is Buffy, something Cordelia can't settle for as well as Buffy kicking Angel in the nards. Then they have this poor ass love triangle between Angel/Jasmidelia/Connor. Then they had high school persona Cordelia hitting on Connor which is something Buffy wouldn't do in her right mind. She already turned down Xander. They continue on with the whole Gunn/Fred/Wesley love triangle, destroying the friendship that was built up in Season 2. Here comes another ridiculous storyline where it is Fred vs. Lilah for Wesley. It took until Willow to come in and snap Angel out of it. I kind of wished that Buffy was also there to set Angel straight.

This Is What Living Feels Like

Then AtS acts hypocritical and spends s3-4 trying to shove Angel & Cordelia into a “two champions” romance, calling it Kyrumption. Ignoring the friendship to turn it into Bangel 2.0 complete with scene recreations and matching dialogue but not in a mocking way. They just flat out plagiarized the ship while ignoring why it’d have the same issues and with the writers admitting Cangel was never intended to work out and really was for a two season plot to have an emotional punch.
The fact that they had Cordy mocking the relationship at the beginning of season 3 but by the season 3 finale she is a blonde haired part demon warrior human with visions who is in love with Angel. Like Buffy. They did to her what she did to Groo when she cut his hair and dressed him in Angel’s clothes.

Cordelia is full of **** and herself, which led to her downfall. She has narcissistic tendencies. From most of the quotes I've read on tumblr, it sounds like she is an egotistical individual. Her personality is what makes her unattractive. She shouldn't have been on the show. Angel should have just told her off in the beginning while Doyle should have moved on. If you pay attention to the show, you can see that she is a bad influence on Angel considering she cornered Doyle and Angel into getting paid for what Buffy(a selfless and smart girl who can kick her damn ass every day of the week) does for free. She advised Angel to move onto other people from his true love Buffy. Her stupid advice is what got Wesley killed in the finale. Everyone praises Cordelia for getting Angel back on track in You're Welcome, completely ignoring that the vision sent the group on a suicide mission that led to Wesley's death, Gunn a vampire for months, Connor temporarily dead, Angel having to commit suicide to undo all of Los Angeles trapped in Hell. If he wasn't tied to another prophecy and thus brought back to fulfill it, that would've been the end of Angel, dead because he followed Cordelia's ****ty plan to try to take down WR&H.

Charisma is an idiot here:

here vampires, vampires

My response to that was: BULL****!!!!! How dumb! How would Charisma in her right mind think that Cordelia could win in a fight against Buffy? Buffy has more experience than Cordelia and has slayer strength. Cordelia lacks that. Cordelia only had experience in Angel Season 3. Cordelia is a pansy ass sissy. Buffy is more of a champion in her own right than Cordelia ever was. That is an insult to Sarah Michelle Gellar-Prinze/Buffy Summers.

I hate that everyone thinks willingly dying a preventable death was brave & heroic. Cordelia was being an idiot.
Birthday is just a vision catered to Cordelia, to prey on her ego - Cordelia’s worst flaw. She likes to feel unique, appreciated, adored; she feels entitled or worthy of stardom and fame. Of course Cordelia believed she could’ve been super famous - this is what she always felt she deserved. Cordelia also likes to feel selfless. What better way to make her want to become a demon and feel worthy of being a higher being, Skip’s endgame, than to convince her she’s selfless enough to give up fame and money to save Angel and the world? It’s the perfect fantasy to a delusional, egotistical girl. Anyone who used their brain would’ve realized that Angel, a champion and vampire, wouldn’t need to be saved from a few visions.
Here are more insults against Buffy:

wolves have no kings

Cordy:"-Time out, Xander. Put yourself in Buffy’s shoes for just a minute. Okay? I’m Buffy, freak of nature, right? Naturally, I pick a freak for a boyfriend and then he turns into Mr. Killing Spree, which is pretty much my fault…"

Buffy:"-Cordy! Get out of my shoes!"

wish me monsters

effulgent, “You know what I think? I think you’re just trying...

Here is Cordelia hiding behind Angel at the beginning of Season 3:

http://****yeahdavidboreanaz.tumblr.com/?og=1
And they had Angel act like it hurt when Cordelia punched him in the face during training in s3. Angel has been punched by Slayers & demons and they hit A LOT harder than Cordelia.

Eve was scared of Cordelia because the AtS writers try to pass Cordy as an alpha. But she's all talk. She believes her own hype, which they wouldn't even admit was her downfall.

Harmony was scared of Cordelia when she held a crossbow. Ridiculous. She kidnapped a Slayer's little sister. Buffy is so formidable she can catch arrows and throw a stake into a vamp's heart."
[/COLOR][/U][/B]

Cordelia is an idiotic bitch here:

serial contrarian

Here is the scene where she selfishly asks Angel to get paid to do what he and his special Buffy did for free. Buffy, Giles and the rest of the Scoobies would have a cow. Doyle by himself thinks it is a bad idea. Cordelia sounds pretentious.

Cordelia: "This is a business and we should be running it like one. We should be charging. I know Angel has been working day and night helping people fight their personal demons, but I need a raise!"
God Gave Me You

Cordelia was only thinking of herself there.

The show made it clear that Buffy and Angel will never be over each other which is proven on pretty much episode on both shows. I already know I'm stating the facts.

I roll my eyes at the fans who say Angel & Buffy grew apart and lead different lives. They both became parents to a teenager. They both had an affair with a blonde vampire (Spike, Darla) from the Aurelius line. They both were the leader of their group of paranormal investigators. They both became the head of a powerful organization (Watchers Council, Wolfram & Hart) that used to antagonize them.
If AtS had ended with s4 it would've looked like Angel used to see Buffy as The One then moved on from Buffy. But s5 & the comics make it clear Buffy is Angel's The One.

Even if Buffy was with Spike, she'd still be in love with Angel. He's her literal soulmate and she even has a permanent reminder of him since his fang mark never healed from her neck despite accelerated healing abilities. Buffy wasn't with Angel because of the curse than because she was majorly punishes in the comics (hundreds of thousands maybe millions of people died because she slept with him).

Angel & Spike were still fighting over Buffy by the third to last episode of the season and years into the comics. Their last scene in the franchise they are standing on a porch with Buffy while everyone else is on the lawn.

Oh, the Birthday episode is a poor ass episode. It just goes to show how dumb and full of herself Cordelia is. How could she not question Skip's motives and smell bull****? If it was Buffy, she would be questioning Skip the way she did with Professor Walsh. Buffy knows how to prevent a preventable death considering she inspired Riley to get the **** the Initiative had in his system. Cordelia sounded like she forgot that Doyle handled his visions when she fell for the whole Angel can't survive without me bull**** that Skip was feeding her.

Another reason this ship is trash is that they had to recon the Bangel relationship in order for it to work. For example Joss originally wrote AtS Season 4 the way Buffy Season 2 was written. Angel was going to stop evil Cordy the exact same way Buffy was going to stop the evil Angelus. Another example is that Waiting in the Wings is a cheap knockoff of I Only Have Eyes For You.

Another thing is that Angelus was never obsessed with Cordelia in Season 4 of his show. Angelus was more obsessed with Buffy in Season 2 of her show. In fact, Angelus's attention was more on Buffy and Faith in Season 4 of his show considering he has a thing for slayers. Evil Cordy got on Connor about his attraction to Faith by saying that Connor is his father's son.

If Angel really felt he truly loved Cordelia, like on a Buffy level (he didn’t), then it should have created an internal struggle with him. He shouldn’t have been able to engage so freely with Cordelia, making out with her and all that. He should have wanted to go back to Buffy and talk about it, or even if he doesn’t see her, it should be an internal struggle for him, something he has to be honest with Cordelia about. But they just kind of act like Buffy never happened, which is RIDICULOUS because the second she may need help he’s there.

Cangel never felt right. It was a really unnatural and inorganic ship which seemed to happen purely because the writers decided that as a Male Lead Angel must have a big Love Interest and Cordy was the only single female near him. It didn’t help that their relationship essentially happened because everyone around them kept insisting that they were “meant to be” (that whole ridiculous “kyrumption” thing). If you need other character to tell the audience that a pairing is meant to be then it probably isn’t.

Also let's not forget the fact that Cordelia treated Buffy like this:

alluringcliche

http://marissacooperarchive-deactiva...meme-27-scenes

btvs rewatch ✞ 2x03 School Hard * • Marshmallow the Vampire Slayer

btvs rewatch ✞ 2x01 When She Was Bad • Marshmallow the Vampire Slayer
wenchyfloozymoo

Chuck&Blair:

prev. stiles-lydia

The biggest tv disappointment was when chuck bass survived the gun shot.h e i r l o o m

It’s 2019 please i’m not asking much just stop shipping blair waldorf and caroline forbes with their abusers.
https://eduardosaverin.tumblr.com/po...much-just-stop

Chuck physically and emotionally abusing Blair ???

#queer prentiss

Spoiler:

ems — im not apologising

sweet like sugar venom

Barney&Robin:

What bothers me about this scene is that everyone says Ted passed the limit, but did not, he was genuinely concerned for his friends. The advice was not for Robin, it was for Barney because maybe the things he was saying might hurt Robin. Ted wasn’t try to impress Robin. Maybe it was inappropriate but Ted didnt cross the limits, especially because they are friends, and friends call out the ****ting things. But no, Ted is bad. Barney put him in his place. But Barney’s response is hurtful. He doesnt says “Ted, come on”, he was like “Robin is mine, not yours”. And that was being a *******.
Many dont like the HIMYM ending, but not everything has to do with the ending. No matter who was Robin endgame, Barney was an idiot in this scene.
El ya lo vi | Lo que me molesta de esta escena es que todos...

How I Met Your Mother Confessions

himym girls x annoncing fake pregnancy | Welcome in a world of beauty

well, the thing is, barney stinson is the personification of sexism. he has emotionally manipulated tons of women into sleeping with him, and that’s so, so, so gross. his ridiculous bro code is gross too. and suddenly robin comes along, and he’s changed his ways???? and don’t blame it on his daddy issues because boo-****ing-hoo. i have daddy issues too. you don’t see me telling women i’m in love with them, ****ing them, and then leaving the next morning. that’s not funny. it’s disgusting. and it’s totally realistic, because it happens.
for some reason, people still worship him. they look past and make excuses for his gross behavior.
robin deserves so much better. like remember when robin asked both barney and kevin why they even liked her? this was kevin’s answer. barney’s was like “because you’re almost as messed up as i am.” ted is there in ways barney could never be, and he’s there when the chips are down. i’m not saying it has to or should have been ted. i’m just saying she deserves someone like ted. or kevin. OR ANYONE.
technicality no down boo over

How I Met Your Mother Confessions

He emulates her dad.

oh barry, what have you done this time?,“You said ‘Nah, it’s stupid,’ which is Robinese...

Damon&Caroline
Stefan&Katherine

wild type

Klaus&Caroline

hold me down

Damon&Elena

those cold nights and city lights
Old 01-29-2019, 11:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany45 (View Post)
I am not yelling, at all Sorry if it came across that way. I agree Blair is not innocent, I just don’t think it is as nasty or bad as you think and I believe she doesn’t get freepass on the show mostly. That is prob. why the audience tends to overlook her misdoings. Blair losing when she schemes is the entire series repeated arc is all I am saying.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

rewatching one tree hill:

felix and brooke
chris and brooke
anna and lucas
Old 01-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Stiles & Malia
Lydia/Jackson/Allison
Dan & Blair
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Wade & Zoe
Eric & Sookie

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Luke & Reid (ATWT)
Ste & Harry (Hollyoaks)
Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf)
Brian & Michael (QAF)
Clarke & Lexa (The 100)
Bellamy & Raven (The 100)
Harry & Ginny (Harry Potter)
Lucas & Riley (GMW)

My most hated ships of everything ever.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 01-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
The reason why she is yelling is because some of those issues bother her.
And? That is not an excuse to yell at anyone, especially when I agree with most of what they is saying. And as the poster just replied, they weren't yelling at me, I just mistook how they were saying it.

Quote:
I am not yelling, at all Sorry if it came across that way. I agree Blair is not innocent, I just don’t think it is as nasty or bad as you think and I believe she doesn’t get freepass on the show mostly. That is prob. why the audience tends to overlook her misdoings. Blair losing when she schemes is the entire series repeated arc is all I am saying.
Ok cool Blair always came out on top as well, I fail to see the difference. I really hate this couple a lot, and I believe both characters are incredibly toxic. Blair was not as horrid as Chuck, but she most certainly gave him a run for his money.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I disagree. With the nelli Yuki thing eventually nelli yuki did go to Yale and was ironically the job Blair wanted working for a fashion magazine. Mrs. Carr caused her to lose Yale. In the end she was successful but it ignores s5 she didn't want her mothers company. She wants to be a dictator of taste in a fashion magazine on her own merits
Old 01-31-2019, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

felix and brooke
\anna and lucas
chris and haley as more than friends
dan and deb
jules and keith
Old 01-31-2019, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Ross/Rachel
Max/Liz the old and new show
Dawson/Joey
Stefan/Elena
Bill/sookie
Buffy/Angel
Old 01-31-2019, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Luke & Reid (ATWT) Because when you have to retcon an entire history to make a relationship work you are doing it wrong. Luke NEVER loved Reid like he loved Noah, and the fact that they had to turn Noah into a completely different person for Luke to even THINK about looking at another person just proved that point for me entirely. Forever and always my most hated ship

Ste & Harry (Hollyoaks) Ste had Harry up on a pedestal and when he fell he fell hard. I dont think Ste was meant to be anything other than a first love for Harry. In the end they just dont work together. Harry moved on, he loves someone else. I hope this relationship is over because they both deserve better.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 01-31-2019, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Stiles & Malia
Lydia/Jackson/Allison
Dan & Blair
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Wade & Zoe
Eric & Sookie

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 01-31-2019, 08:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I disagree. With the nelli Yuki thing eventually nelli yuki did go to Yale and was ironically the job Blair wanted working for a fashion magazine. Mrs. Carr caused her to lose Yale. In the end she was successful but it ignores s5 she didn't want her mothers company. She wants to be a dictator of taste in a fashion magazine on her own merits
That’s fine but this thread isn’t supposed to be about defending anyone. When I say Blair is just as bad as Chuck in their relationship, I am keeping in line with the rules, when you then come in and try to tell me how much better you think Blair is, that’s where it gets messy. I won’t agree and this thread is specifically for dislikes, you defending Blair is against the rules 😉
Old 02-01-2019, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Priya/Leonard
Emily/Ross
Donna/Noah
Valerie/Kenny
Gina/Dylan
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

From now forward, can everyone put really long posts into spoiler tags as to not take up the majority of the page. Please and thank you.

Chuck/Blair
Ross/Rachel
Bill/Sookie
Penny/Leonard
Sheldon/Amy

{taek su mi sun}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread