Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
Chuck & Blair.. just a horrible horrible abusive relationship. Even Leighton thinks so..

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8acf5efc...r4h6um_540.gif
Accurate gif!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-12-2018, 02:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Veronica/Duncan - zero chemistry and I just felt like the characters had nothing in common besides Lily.

Veronica/Logan - sure they have good chemistry, but besides that they are just terrible together. He acts like an a-hole around her majority of the time and she just doesn't trust him.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Carrie and Brody, Homeland

I really don't understand what viewers saw in these two together (other than the OTT sex scenes, I mean.) So unbelievably toxic. Doomed from the beginning; she was SPYING on his family for months, invading their privacy, and he was a complete traitorous liar who was planning on betraying his loved ones and committing terrorism... Then suddenly they have sex and viewers act as if it's some great love story, like WHAT?

Carrie only behaves that way a) because she's skipped her medication and b) she's trying to con him into telling the truth about his intentions.

Also, there are so many people who said they gave up on the show when Brody was gone and I'm like, WHY??? He was reportedly meant to die or simply get found out in Season 1 but the writers opted out when they saw how the shippers went crazy for this Carrie/Brody thing, so in other words it was dragged out to the point where it became the ENTIRE show for some people... No, just no. The show was done with Brody when the truth about his alliances came out.
oh yeah, I was never into it. I really liked Carrie with Quinn though, wish it hadn't ended

Old 12-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
oh yeah, I was never into it. I really liked Carrie with Quinn though, wish it hadn't ended
Oh, absolutely Quinn was an infinitely stronger partner for Carrie and made more sense for her than Brody ever did. She acted selfishly, bizarre and unprofessional when it came to Brody... It drove me nuts.

Plus, I never understood why the writers thought it would be a good idea to separate Brody from his family There was a mixed message there. They didn't want viewers to see him as a terrorist because people shipped him with Carrie, yet he ABANDONS his marriage and the woman who he loved before he became brainwashed... Plus, the whole thing with Carrie was based on a lie, because she had been spying on him and had her own agenda.

Just, no. It was so toxic and basically took over the show. Damien Lewis was fantastic in the show, but I wasn't even sad when they killed Brody because his character went downhill after Season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen00 (View Post)
Veronica/Duncan - I just felt like the characters had nothing in common besides Lily.
Agreed. They were clinging onto a past that Veronica had already moved beyond.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Always Chuck and Blair.

Charity and Harry.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Luke & Reid (ATWT)
Brian & Michael (QAF)
Jack & Gwen (Torchwood)
Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf)
Harry & Ginny (Harry Potter)

My most hated ships of everything ever.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 12-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Agreed. They were clinging onto a past that Veronica had already moved beyond.
I agree. I remember being so annoyed at the bait and switch at the beginning of season two. I was so excited for Veronica and Logan and then bam! I was like, what?! Duncan for me is like Noel on Felicity. I don’t even care about the character. Just very boring.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh, absolutely Quinn was an infinitely stronger partner for Carrie and made more sense for her than Brody ever did. She acted selfishly, bizarre and unprofessional when it came to Brody... It drove me nuts.
it really was giving the wrong message and the whole thing worsened Carrie's state so much more

Old 12-13-2018, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Agreed that it wasn't healthy for Carrie, or even for Brody. Carrie was on medication and she ABANDONED that when they were together in the cabin and Brody distancing himself from his wife NEVER made sense.

I honestly don't think the writers were planning on continuing Carrie/Brody beyond S1, until they saw the fan hype during awards season and so just went with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I agree. I remember being so annoyed at the bait and switch at the beginning of season two. I was so excited for Veronica and Logan and then bam! I was like, what?!
I also HATED their weird reunion in Season 2 It was an awful thing to do to Logan. I assume Rob Thomas was just putting Teddy Dunn at the forefront of the show before he got rid of Duncan, but still... I actually liked him with Meg and I hated the randomness of Veronica going back to him like that. Probably the worst point of regression I ever saw for her, plus I don't see how it ever benefited their characters by getting back together
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-13-2018, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oliver & Felicity (Arrow)
Clarke & Bellamy (The 100)
Scott & Malia (Teen Wolf)
Scott & Allison (Teen Wolf)
Damon & Elena (The Vampire Diaries)
Juliette & Nick (Grimm)
Kara & Monel (Supergirl)
Jughead & Betty (Riverdale)
Seth & Kate (FDTD)

Truly the worst of the worst.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 12-13-2018 at 04:26 AM
Old 12-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

...Also, I always kinda hated the Naley romance. I thought it killed everything that was interesting about Nathan.
Agreed. He became a total bore. The relationship killed his personality.

Last edited by Kristen00; 12-13-2018 at 09:24 AM
Old 12-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Agreed. He became a total bore. The relationship killed his personality.
Yep Nathan is basically made into Haley's lapdog from the Season 1 finale onwards.

Also, their relationship was a carbon-copy of Jamie and Landon in 'A Walk To Remember' except without the terminal illness as an obstacle.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Absolute Fan

I know, it's almost like Haley killed his spirit.

And you're one hundred percent right, the writers were definitely trying to pull a Landon/Jamie. The only difference was that Landon didn't become a shadow of his former self.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
And you're one hundred percent right, the writers were definitely trying to pull a Landon/Jamie.
The show even used that song from the movie called 'Dare You To Move' in the first Naley kiss scene It's like they were throwing it in our faces that it was a Landon/Jamie copycat pairing and we should all appreciate it.

I thought the hype around their relationship semi-killed OTH. The writers catered to that storyline way too often, particularly in Season 3.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Absolute Fan

I was actually thinking about how they used that song! It's funny because then the writers tried to make out like Naley was something original and unique, when in reality it was just a poor mans Landon and Jamie.

Yeah, the show did end up focusing on them. It's a shame because the writers could have made them interesting, but they chose to stick to the same formula, which was to shove Naleys blandness down everyone's throat. No thanks.