Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Scott & Hope - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Just because they don't belong in the MCU. Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are the only Ant-Man/Giant-Man and Wasp who have been in the Avengers comics for the last 50 years. Scott Lang is a D-list character who has nothing to do with the Avengers and Hope Van Dyne doesn't exist in the comics. I hope when the MCU gets the X-Men and Fantastic Four they fix this mess and get all of Edgar Wright's Ant-Man script out of the MCU.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Nate and Blair (GG) - He loved her best friend, simple as that. He probably just stayed with Blair to stay close to Serena, as well as for his family's (financial) sake.

Klaus and Caroline (TVD) - Just terrible. He basically ruined her friends' and boyfriend's lives. Tyler was never the same thanks to him. He also FORCED TYLER TO BITE HER

Damon and Elena (TVD) - I hate that stupid retcon in Season 3 where we suddenly learn that she met Damon first. Talk about a contrivance.

Dan and Serena (GG) - I will never get over the gross irony that she ended up with Gossip Girl. She ended up with the man who STALKED her for years and JUDGED her & her friends constantly and HARASSED her on social media by posting things which caused her to leave town and lose her friends. The fact that she forgives him so easily in the final episode is just a sick joke, and so lazily written.

Dan and Blair (GG) - The writers had said during Season 4 that they had no plans to put them together as anything more than friends, and you can tell during Season 5 when she's only relying on him as an escape route from Louis, then suddenly she's choosing him romantically when all other options look hopeless. Plus, his attitude towards her in Season 6 when he realizes he can't have her is just disgusting. He had built up a friendship with Chuck in Season 5 that he readily drops when he betrays him and starts to pressure Blair into seeing Chuck's negative points rather than encouraging her to be happy. I don't like that two-faced behavior where one moment he's Team Chuck until it means losing her himself.

Sawyer and Juliet (LOST) - so unbelievably forced just an excuse to move away from Skate and edge toward Jate.

Jack and Kate (LOST) - Toxic, toxic, toxic. Hero-worship at its most apparent.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Ste & Harry (Hollyoaks) PRobably my most hated ship at the moment. I think Ste put Harry up on a pedestal and Harry did the same with Ste. They both liked the chase and the 'forbidden-ness' of it the beginning, but when it got real, Harry got bored and moved on so incredibly fast. Harry doesnt love Ste anymore and they both deserve better

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 01-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Stiles & Malia
Lydia/Jackson/Allison
Dan & Blair
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott and that almost happened in the very last episode of Teen Wolf.
Pacey & Andie
Wade &Zoe (Hart of Dixie)
Eric & Sookie (True Blood)
Dan & Blair
Nate & Blair

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 01-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oliver & Felicity (Arrow)
Clarke & Bellamy (The 100)
Scott & Malia (Teen Wolf)
Scott & Allison (Teen Wolf)
Damon & Elena (The Vampire Diaries)
Juliette & Nick (Grimm)
Kara & Monel (Supergirl)
Jughead & Betty (Riverdale)
Seth & Kate (FDTD)

Truly the worst of the worst. Nothing will ever change any of these being my most hated ships.. each and everyone of them is wrong
Old 01-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein (View Post)

No it is not romantic, it is not couples goal, it is not okay because they are two hot people that showcast some chemistry/sexual tension. Abuse is abuse.

I also believe it is so easy to write a male character that has family issues and hence cannot commit, a bad boy that changes as he falls in love type love stories. What is special about that? It is what every teen drama is about.
I agree, I'm sure that's why I haven't liked many new pairings on TV lately (even though I don't watch many TV shows now cause they just aren't that good. I think the last show I watched that was new was Scandal and that turned worse and worse every season and was full of abusive, toxic relationships with Fitz/Liv being the worst) I just can't stomach or support any of these relationships where one or both (but usually the man) is either physically, mentally, or emotionally abusive to the other. Those were the things that happened with Spike/Buffy and Fitz/Liv to the fullest. Cole and Phoebe on Charmed were toxic and abusive as well, along with him trying to kill her many times. I'm supposed to find this insane bs hot? Hell no. Just *puke* "Hot" sex scenes don't erase the abuse that happens in so many of these pairings.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 01-12-2019 at 07:14 PM
Old 01-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen1989 (View Post)
Stiles & Malia
Lydia/Jackson/Allison
Dan & Blair
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Pacey & Andie
Dan & Blair
Nate & Blair
No just no.

icon
Old 01-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Klaus and Caroline, Damon and Elena

They both ruined TVD. The way that people would excuse the destructive behaviors of Klaus and Damon in order for these ships to somehow seem valid really annoyed me.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree, I'm sure that's why I haven't liked many new pairings on TV lately (even though I don't watch many TV shows now cause they just aren't that good. I think the last show I watched that was new was Scandal and that turned worse and worse every season and was full of abusive, toxic relationships with Fitz/Liv being the worst) I just can't stomach or support any of these relationships where one or both (but usually the man) is either physically, mentally, or emotionally abusive to the other. Those were the things that happened with Spike/Buffy and Fitz/Liv to the fullest. Cole and Phoebe on Charmed were toxic and abusive as well, along with him trying to kill her many times. I'm supposed to find this insane bs hot? Hell no. Just *puke* "Hot" sex scenes don't erase the abuse that happens in so many of these pairings.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen1989 (View Post)
Stiles & Malia
Lydia/Jackson/Allison
Dan & Blair
Damon & Elena
Kira & Scott
Pacey & Andie
Dan & Blair
Nate & Blair
Just eww

icon
Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I feel the same, hard to find a pair to root for. If a relationship doesn't work they should take a break, and maybe revisit in the future but repeated back and forth with abuse gets boring and I just roll my eyes. It is textbook lazy writing. One that shouldn't be cheerished but called out so that TV writing can get decent, more compelling.
Sex is great, fun and I love that female viewers think sexual chemistry is an important factor in relationships on screen or in real life lol but using that to justify abuse and unhealthy relationships is really disturbing. It demeans women and the character that keeps pining-something that ruins characterization and it is not realistic.

I prefer my female characters empowered and strong, not running after their abusers.

Last edited by Serein; 01-13-2019 at 04:06 AM
Old 01-13-2019, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Tia we agree on so many things

Plus Naley (One Tree Hill) I mean, don't get me started.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Buffy/Spike (for obvious reasons ..just say: Season 6)
Cordelia/Angel
Buffy/Riley
Monica/Richard
Phoebe/David
Emily/Ross
Rachel/Barry
Rachel/Paolo
Rachel/Joey
Brooke/Brandon
Emily/Brandon
Veruca/Oz
Donna/Noah
Valerie/Noah
Kelly/Mark
Clare/David
Gina/Dylan
Claudia/David
Camille/David
Phoebe/Coop
Piper/Dan
Paige/Kyle
Paige/Richard
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

You're not imagining things. Welcome to 21st century television writing and screenwriting.

A lot of shows and movies these days are being written like fanfic and put together by committee, mostly using a cookie cutter approach to guarantee instant gratification for the sake of ratings. Most of these characters are more wish-fullfillment characters and Mary Sues, not real, relatable characters and couples.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Luke & Reid (ATWT)
Ste & Harry (Hollyoaks)
Jack & Gwen (Torchwood)
Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf)
Brian & Michael (QAF)
Clarke & Lexa (The 100)
Bellamy & Raven (The 100)
Harry & Ginny (Harry Potter)

No. Just. No.

"Its about who you fall in love with."