Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2018, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I just watched some of Beverly Hills 90210 Season 1 and the ending is absolutely bizarre. Brandon suddenly develops a contrived interest in Andrea just because his family might be leaving town, Andrea - who has spent the whole season pining for him but having to endure watching him lust after a different girl in every other episode, and not once did he ever show a romantic interest in her - he even tells his initial crush Kelly that she's "like a sister" to him but if ANYONE was like a sister to him, it was ANDREA - what on earth were the writers thinking?

The Brandon/Andrea potential fling blows over pretty quickly (they don't go beyond a kiss and are back to being just friends in the Second Season opener) but I don't understand why the writers went there at all, when it was established earlier on that Andrea's crush on Brandon was one-sided. I think it was a simple case of 09210 being that show where EVERYONE hooks up at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Meredith/Derek (Grey's Anatomy) Super unpopular opinion I know but I always felt like the basis of their entire relationship was Meredith not feeling like she deserved Derek, like Derek was this perfect prince who could do no wrong just because he's a "neuro god' and has good hair.

George/Izzie (Grey's Anatomy) tbh i was never really fond of them as characters so putting them together made them even more annoying to me imho. The fact that George cheated on Queen Callie to be with Izzie and then later on they fizzled just really annoyed the fck out of me.

100% agree on G/I. Together with Denny/Izzie, I thought they were the worst things to ever happen in the show. I suppose at least the thing with Denny served a plot purpose, but she acted crazy and behaved in a completely unethical, selfish way in an attempt to save him (putting his life above others on the donor waiting list). George and Izzie were like Xander and Willow (in Buffy) to me - great platonic best friends but no basis for a romance whatsoever. Like you said, it was even more gross when you think of how much his wife, Callie, loved him.

Derek and Meredith got so tedious together. By Season 5, it was all about her suicidal tendencies and Derek feeling insecure about her feelings for him. I think the writers wasted too much time on their on/off relationship, to be honest, I was WAY more interested in Madison and Mark's romance, which was cut short and I hated that.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Matt/Karen - They are better off as just friends. I mean, he's in love with Electra. Karen deserves someone who will put her first ever time.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 03-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been watching riverdale, kinda more neutral on the couples there.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Eddie/Chloe from Hollywood Heights

{taek su mi sun}
Old 03-17-2018, 11:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Summer/Zack - the triangle was lame
Ted/Robin - borefest
Seth/Anna - yawn
Old 03-17-2018, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chuck&Blair
Dan&Serena
Klaus&Caroline
Stefan&Caroline
Marcel&Rebekah
Stefan&ELena&Damon
Stefan&Katherine
Angel&Cordy
Barney&Robin
Joey&Rachel
Old 03-18-2018, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kylo/rey: "You come from nothing. You're nothing." I cannot believe there are people that ship this. Belittling a young woman to make himself feel more 'manly' absolutely disgusting

Kara monel: again putting down a woman to make himself better. It absolutely ruined this show, went from potentially being a great feminist show to straight white male fan service.

Clarke/Bellamy: shockingly another cw show that think we want to see a guy putting down a woman to make himself better.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:05 AM
Total Fan

Kylo/Rey - Seems like a case of people loving the idea of someone, not the person as they actually are. In this case the fantasy of the redeemed Ben Solo that Kylo could be.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Bobby and Abby/911
Buck anyone but Abby
Abby anyone but Buck
Old 03-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Ste/Anyone but Brendan or John Paul
John Paul/Anyone but Craig or Ste
Ian/Anyone but Mickey
Clarke/Lexa
Brandon/Callie
Meredith/Derek
George/Izzie
Stiles/Lydia
Damon/Elena
Barry/Caitlin
Miles/Esme
Robert/Rebecca

puke:

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 03-19-2018, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Xander&Anya
Willow&Tara
Buffy&Parker
Angel&Cordy
Klaus&Caroline
Damon&Elena
Stefan&Katherine
Barney&Robin
Ted&Tracey
Joey&Rachel
Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Emily/Brandon
Brooke/Brandon
Kelly/Colin
Kelly/Mark
Clare/David
Sophie/David
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-19-2018, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

jay/manny
jay/manny
jay/manny
I will always hate this couple.

pacey/joey
volchuck/marissa
taylor/dean hess
Old 03-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
volchuck/marissa
taylor/dean hess
this.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Kensi & Deeks (NCIS:LA): argh I really dislike this couple for several reasons, firstly I find Deeks very annoying, he talks too much never shuts up and he always tries to be funny by making "jokes" every time he opens his mouth, but all of his jokes just comes across as very lame and not funny at all Secondly, I don't think he and Kensi have that sexual chemistry together, they do have chemistry, but it's like a very platonic chemistry, they were so much better together when they're just friends and work partners. But as a couple they do not work, and all their intimate scenes together are so awkward to watch And finally, I think their relationship really cheapens and downgrades Kensi's character, Kensi used to be such a cool character in her own right before she started dating Deeks, her character had so much more focus, more storylines that revolved around her character alone. But ever since she started dating Deeks, she has been downgraded to just the typical love interest, all her storylines (when she has any) nowadays are mainly about her relationship with Deeks. Her character is not nearly as great now as she was in the past, I think the "Densi" relationship has really somewhat ruined her character, and it's very disappointing. But alas, Densi do seem to have many shippers (which I will never be able to understand), however I know that there are also many people from the general audience who do NOT like Densi and find this couple to be annoying too, and yet sadly the producers have decided to pander to the noisy Densi shippers, instead of listening to the general viewers
Closed Thread   Post New Thread