Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2016, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Couples You Dislike #305 ~ *Yawns* Most. Boring. Couple. Ever!

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.
My LJ
Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Ste/Anyone but Brendan or John Paul
John Paul/Anyone but Craig or Ste
Clarke/Lexa
Stiles/Malia
Kurt/Blaine
Brandon/Callie
Barry/Caitlin
Matt/Karen
Skye/Ward
Lucas/Riley

Die. Now.

THOUGH THE WORST OF THE WORST FOR ME RIGHT NOW IS:

John Paul/Scott So incredibly forced and OOC, I cant even stomach it. What are they doing to my bb John Paul? STOP.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 07-25-2016, 09:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Bellamy/Clarke
Old 07-26-2016, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

Gwen and Kevin (Ben 10)
Kylo Ren and Rey (Star Wars)
Old 07-26-2016, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!

Connor and Cordelia (Angel)

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 07-27-2016, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kelly/Colin
Donna/Joey
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 07-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Riley and Lucas - NOPE

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 07-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Valerie/Colin
Valerie/Kenny
Sophie/David
Claudia/David
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 07-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Fez and Jackie|That 70s Show
*Felicity*
Old 07-29-2016, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Clarke/Lexa - someone had put it quite eloquently on here before.. "the power two pretty white girls"
Old 07-30-2016, 07:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Is that not more a dig at those who did like that relationship than at the writing or the relationship itself though? I don't think know, maybe I am reading it wrong. But to me saying it's "the power of two pretty white girls" kinda implies fans who did like that relationship only did so for the shallow reasons that they are white and pretty to look at and I think that's not a fair implication to make.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellacott (View Post)
Is that not more a dig at those who did like that relationship than at the writing or the relationship itself though? I don't think know, maybe I am reading it wrong. But to me saying it's "the power of two pretty white girls" kinda implies fans who did like that relationship only did so for the shallow reasons that they are white and pretty to look at and I think that's not a fair implication to make.
I think it can refer to both because I personally feel that the ship was shallow, lacked substance, unhealthy, toxic and involved gaslighting and that is attributable to the writing for them as well. This thread doesn't allow ship defending by the way, and questioning why people don't like CL seems like it's bordering on this TBH.

Anyway, my NOTPs forever:

Clarke/Lexa
Chuck/Blair
Olivia/Fitz
Max/Tess

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-30-2016, 08:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
This thread doesn't allow ship defending by the way, and questioning why people don't like CL seems like it's bordering on this TBH.
Huh? That's not what my post was about at all. I'm not questioning anyone's reasons for disliking anything and I'm not defending anything. I merely pointed out why I thought a statement like that could be read as being more about fans than about the story when the argument is "but they're white and pretty". And that applies in general, not only to this one show. So I'm not sure what that has to do with how I feel about that one pairing on this one show.

Anyway... back to topic.
Daryl/Carol (TWD) - I like them, just not as a romantic pairing.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

This thread doesn't allow any kind of defending/questioning. If you don't agree with a poster, just scroll past their comment.

Quote:
Kylo Ren and Rey (Star Wars)
ugh, yes. Just no, no, no, no, no.

Quote:
I have a soft spot for Ted/Robin the early seasons.

I think Barney/Robin and Ted/Tracey should have been endgame.

I didn't even like Tracey much but the whole point of the show was for Ted to find her.

Well we thought it was but no it was always about finally being with Robin.

It's stupid to call the show HIMYM then.
Ted/Robin made no sense after everything that happened and it was disgusting how Tracey was basically a plot device to give Ted what he wanted but Robin couldn't/refused to give him. Not even the kids seemed to respect her, she died and they were bored that they had to "sit through" the story and then encouraged Ted to go after their aunt. Robin ending up with Ted is also character regression. Just bad writing to have them end up together.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 07-30-2016 at 09:08 AM
Old 07-30-2016, 08:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Juliana/Joe from Man in the High Castle.

I really like the show overall, but did not feel the chemistry at all between these two. Looks like their relationship is going to be super messy too and not feeling the chemistry is not going to make me root for them.

Hoping the show introduces some new romantic couples I can get behind.