Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Couples You Dislike #287: because please no more! end now!

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Barney&Robin
Barney&Robin
Barney&Robin
Old 04-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Ste/Doug
Oliver/Laurel
Oliver/Sara
Stefan/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
Caroline/Anyone but Tyler
John/Astrid
Kurt/Blaine
Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Drew/Clare
Bay/Anyone but Emmett

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Ted and Robin
Regina and Emma
Daniel and Amanda
Betty and Walter
Betty and Henry
Old 04-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Barney&Robin: he acts like her dad, she turns into an obsessive annoying person when he starts dating other people!!!!!!! Their relationship is bluntly based on lies and stupidity. Excuse me writers, if you wanted a womanizing pig to actually have character development, please rip that goddamned annoying play book he had out of his possession, and make him propose in a decent way. Robin degraded herself while being with him. She became a different person than she was in the earlier seasons. She became unfeminist since she dated, broke up with, and married a guy who was the complete opposite of feminist.
A lot like Chuck Bass, Barney took advantage of Robin's vulnerability. Yeah, she was pretty much opened to anything, but he should have done the right and proper thing by backing the hell off and saying no. If a previous relationship lasted for four months, then what does that say about a marriage?? To be realistic, that means horrid failure. No wonder why they lasted three years into a marriage!
I never got these two as a couple and never will. They go against my beliefs. I also have a love for Ted(which will bring me up to another point). I am not the kind of person who falls for this junk at all. I hardly see this as character development. I didn't like what they did to Robin's character in this failure of a relationship. She had to be a female version of Barney, but she doesn't deserve to. It is just wrong to me.
The fact that the writers continued with this relationship after Robin's mother explained the characteristics that Robin's dada matches up with Barney's personality just makes it even mor twisted.
I am actually ecstatic that they divorced

Barney&Ted: do not sleep with your bro's ex and be hypocritical about it years later!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

John/Astrid- I would actually rather see the show end then watch this pairing happen. That's how much I despise these two. That's how done I am with fan pandering.

Stephen/Cara- Needs to stay dead. Very, very dead.

Zig/Maya- he's a total jerk who won't take no for an answer and is intentionally provoking her boyfriend. And if Miles does something stupid, Zig will manipulative the situation he caused to get with Maya. She deserves so much better than Zig.

Tristan/Mr. Yates- student teacher relationships are highly disturbing and not something to romanticize.

Oliver/Laurel- I anticipate disliking this pairing even more now if she truly is in on his secret. I so did NOT want her finding out anytime soon. One Lance sister in the Arrow cave was bad enough, I don't need her ruining my Team Arrow scenes too. I don't' hate Laurel or anything, away from Oliver she's fine, but with him? Just no. And now she's probably going to be spending way more time with him and it's going to be so annoying.

Oliver/Sara- Annoying. Just annoying. And beyond pointless. It just brings Oliver down and keeps him from moving forward.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-09-2014 at 11:26 PM
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

^I couldnt agree more on John/Astrid and honestly I try to avoid using the term fan pandering because I hate it so much. But in this case? In this case its so true. It just screams fan pandering to get people to come back for a second season. Where is it said that John would even remotely be interested in Astrid in anything as more than a friend or a friend of a friend even? I just dont see it. At all. The age difference doesnt bother me nearly as much as the fan pandering does. There's nothing good about how these two are going to happen. NOTHING.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

I try to use fan pandering sparingly too because not people have started to use it for every pairing they don't like but it doesn't fit every pairing. But yeah John/Astrid so are. There is absolutely no naturally progressing storyline that would explain him wanting to get with her. I don't like the age difference though but more than just because it's inappropriate. John is way past needing to date high schoolers. He is a full grown man carrying tons of baggage. No teenager could ever give him what he needs or wants. And that's just the beginning point of why John/Astrid is so stupid. The other big one being how much the show has pushed him being in love with Cara. They've had a huge love story and have overcome so much and are actually still together at this point. Even if something does tear them apart, I don't buy him being over her one episode later or something. He didn't stop loving her when she slept with Stephen or kicked him out, why would he stop now? And why on earth would he hook up with Astrid? Especially in the midst of all the crap going down. I mean potentially he and the love of his life break up and a bunch of crap goes down with the Tomorrow People and Ultra but somehow in all that he's going to find time to rebound with some high school girl he barely knows? Yeah right that makes tons of sense. So I repeat- fan freaking pandering.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chuck/Blair
Spencer/Wren
Aria/Ezra
Blaine/Kurt
Rumple/Belle
Regina/Emma
Zoe/George
Zoe/Joel
Oliver/Laurel
Oliver/Sara

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 04-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

Sam/Mercedes- why are we doing this again? It was awful the first time around.

Ward/being evil- Unacceptable.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

From the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Greene (View Post)
I have some unpopular opinions but let's do this, why not

Ichabod/Abbie
At least romantically, because I do love their friendship/bond. But I absolutely love Ichabod & Katrina. He's completely in love with his wife, and they've just made it hard for me to root for anything other than a happy ending for those two. I mean the way he talks about her and the lengths he'll go to to save her..
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

eli/clare yeah I'm team long distance still I guess, but they need to end. stop dragging it out!
ben/riley/danny
stefan/elena/damon
mary/bash/francis
rachel/mike
harvey/scottie

clare/acting ooc
zig/going from insecure skateboarder to creeper
drew/clare
Old 04-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Aria/Ezra
Aria/Jake
Aria/random LIs
Spencer/Wren
Spencer/random LIs
Melissa/Wren
Hanna/Wren
Hanna/Travis
Hanna/random LIs
Emily/anyone but Paige
Alison/love interests
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

John/Cara: Seriously, I don't even get how the Writers came up with this in the first place? I guess that's because there's not many people among the TTP down there that they ended up together, but the show just proves again and again how this couple doesn't work. They have Cara cheating, then Cara & John fighting, and disagreeing on important things and Cara getting upset that John might actually want to have a personal life & secrets... Well, like pretty much everyone Cara Then Cara thinking about Stephen all the time eventhough she's in a relationship with John... And except for the 1st two episodes, it's been made pretty clear that neither John or Cara make the other happy. I'm so glad this couple is finally dying slowly, I hope they won't make the mistake they made on other show with other couples such as Ted/Robin that clearly didn't work together for many seasons before the ending! John has finally apparently found someone who can make him happy, so just let the guy have some happiness in his life.

Also, Jack/Emily/Aiden: Neither of them will ever fully understand her or her revenge, or love her as much as she deserves.
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stefan/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
Spencer/Toby
Ted/Robin
May/Ward
Scott/Kira
Puck/Quinn
Sonny/Olivia
Nikolas/Elizabeth