Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Couples you dislike #280: These couples are the worst

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
wait what? has it been confirmed or is that still speculation? please god no
That wouldn't surprise me as far as Ezra's concerned. I mean, he's sleeping with one of his students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Also I always laugh at all the times they "almost" cheated.

Gosh, don't get me started. I just find their entire relationship totally unrealistic.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen00 (View Post)
Gosh, don't get me started. I just find their entire relationship totally unrealistic.
They were extremely unrealistic even for OTH. Also I hated how they had to keep playing with the other couples because they couldn't do anything with Naley without them getting a divorce. Marrying them and making their marriage work so perfectly is some of the most unrealistic/stupid writing I have seen in a teen show.

Quote:
wait what? has it been confirmed or is that still speculation? please god no
Same question about Ezria. If this was confirmed then Ezra is the biggest creep ever.

Also...

Spoiler:
Old 01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
That wouldn't surprise me as far as Ezra's concerned. I mean, he's sleeping with one of his students.
lol it'd surprise me. I mean, a 14 year old?! It'd make him a child predator.

Quote:

Same question about Ezria. If this was confirmed then Ezra is the biggest creep ever.

Also...

Spoiler:
I've read that too. I'm pretty sure it wont be that since it's most likely allison who has one, but i wouldn't put it past the writers to protect Ezra's character.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly. It wouldn't surprise because of his relationship with Aria but I don't know if the show would go there.

Quote:
I've read that too. I'm pretty sure it wont be that since it's most likely allison who has one, but i wouldn't put it past the writers to protect Ezra's character.
Me too I always hated that about Ezria. All the other girls had at least three love interests and real problems with their significant others but Ezria was always perfect and their problems were laughable.

Last edited by ring of fire; 01-04-2014 at 11:57 AM
Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Exactly. It wouldn't surprise because of his relationship with Aria but I don't know if the show would go there.
Right? I really can't see them making him that much of a monster because theres nothing they can do to justify it, and since they've got a hard on for ezria, it would only make it impossible for them to continue writing that relationship by putting Aria back with a pedophile. I hope they don't go there anyway, it would be fking gross

Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
They were extremely unrealistic even for OTH. Also I hated how they had to keep playing with the other couples because they couldn't do anything with Naley without them getting a divorce. Marrying them and making their marriage work so perfectly is some of the most unrealistic/stupid writing I have seen in a teen show.
That's exactly what the problem was. The writers wrote themselves into a corner and had to come up with totally outrageous things in order to keep this "perfect" couple of theirs safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Philange
Well, Aria was only meant to be fifteen/sixteen when they first started seeing each other? And not to mention he was her teacher - so he sort of already gives off those vibes to me.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's exactly what the problem was. The writers wrote themselves into a corner and had to come up with totally outrageous things in order to keep this "perfect" couple of theirs safe.
I remember feeling excited about Rachel/Nathan during S4. I was so naive.....nothing was ever going to happen between them. Naley and their incredible boring relationship was untouchable.

Quote:
Right? I really can't see them making him that much of a monster because theres nothing they can do to justify it, and since they've got a hard on for ezria, it would only make it impossible for them to continue writing that relationship by putting Aria back with a pedophile. I hope they don't go there anyway, it would be fking gross
It would be gross but if that ends Ezria so be it. I was trying to remember if ABCFamily has ever done a storyline like that and I remembered Daphne was involved with her much older boss in Switched at Birth.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I remember feeling excited about Rachel/Nathan during S4. I was so naive.....nothing was ever going to happen between them. Naley and their incredible boring relationship was untouchable.

Well, you got a lot closer than I ever did being a Laley shipper. I hated how the writers always made it seem like someone could actually break them up, when in reality it was just more hurdles to show everyone how much they loved each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire
I always hated that about Ezria. All the other girls had at least three love interests and real problems with their significant others but Ezria was always perfect and their problems were laughable.
When you put it that way, Ezria pretty much sounds like another Naley.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, you got a lot closer than I ever did being a Laley shipper. I hated how the writers always made it seem like someone could actually break them up, when in reality it was just more hurdles to show everyone how much they loved each other. :blank

When you put it that way, Ezria pretty much sounds like another Naley.
That's exactly I stopped caring about Naley and Ezria. Their problems were never going to affect anything and they were always going to stay the same. That usually happens when you are the showrunner's favorite.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That's exactly I stopped caring about Naley and Ezria. Their problems were never going to affect anything and they were always going to stay the same. That usually happens when you are the showrunner's favorite.
Gosh, I hate that. It becomes so frustrating as a viewer.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!!

Paige/alex
jay/manny
pacey/joey

all similar. Alex, pacey and jay changed and were never the same again.

Alex was randomly lesbian as was Paige, most random pairing ever.
Jay did so much for manny and all he got in return meanness from her.
same thing with pacey/joey. he changed a lot when he was with her. he was put down as was jay, looked down upon. they were both called names by manny and joey.

Also I am so sad to add ezra/aria to this list. so disgusting now. just
Old 01-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aria/Ezra Love seeing the hate in here because I just cannot with how gross they are. It's appalling that the show seems to make out that this is okay when what it is is an adult taking advantage of a teenage girl that has major unresolved issues regarding her father. If there was any part of the books that they should have followed, it should have been highlighting just how disgusting this is.

Spencer/Wren The general opinion of the writers on this show seems to be that adult men taking advantage of teenage girls is a good thing. Almost destroying the family of an insecure teenager out of selfishness is okay if you're "hot", apparently. Taking advantage of said teenager's desperation is also okay in any circumstances, even if she's in the middle of a complete mental breakdown

Melissa/Wren Melissa gave some very good advice to her sister, and I think it's advice she needs to listen to herself - "No company is better than bad company."

Emily/Maya Emily is the sweetest, most supportive and protective person to those that she loves. Maya, after she came back, was the complete opposite.

PLL/Wasting all the screentime Seems to be their habit now. They'll open up the season with answers, and awesomeness and Mona, and then the mystery will be ignored for pretty much the rest of the season right up until the finale.

Adults/Teenagers Age differences are all well and good as long as both parties are consenting adults. A sixteen/seventeen year old (and younger) is NOT a consenting adult.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
Alex was randomly lesbian as was Paige, most random pairing ever.
They did Paige/Alex during that time because it was cool to have a "lesbian" relationship or actually having a girl going through a "lesbian phase" and then going back to being straight (like in The OC). It was incredible stupid because they never took their relationship seriously and then Paige went back to being straight like it never happened. It's like bisexual people don't even exist in tv land.

At least Degrassi did a much better job with Fiona's coming out storyline and her relationships with women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Aria/Ezra Love seeing the hate in here because I just cannot with how gross they are. It's appalling that the show seems to make out that this is okay when what it is is an adult taking advantage of a teenage girl that has major unresolved issues regarding her father. If there was any part of the books that they should have followed, it should have been highlighting just how disgusting this is.
I never read the books but I read what happens with them and the show should have followed that. If you are doing a relationship like this it has to be shady and it has to have consequences. Ezra getting scott free and Aria's parents being presented as "evil" because they don't approve this relationship is just disturbing. Ezra should have ended up in jail or at least with a restraining order and no job.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Ste/Doug
Oliver/Laurel
Jack/Kate
Stefan/Elena
Harry/Hermione
Edward/Bella
Stiles/Lydia
Kurt/Blaine