Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #274 - I hate EVERYTHING about you!

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.

-----------

PREVIOUS THREAD
Old 08-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
I just find that the anger and the disappointment in that case is just twice as strong....

And Chuck/Blair are a prime example of that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueschild007 (View Post)
It really sucks because at one point you really did love the couple and then they got so messed up that your love for them gets completely lost and all you have is hate. And the scenes that you see that were one great are not so great anymore.
I can't even watch S1 again without getting a bad feeling. The disappointment is the worst.
Because when you dislike a couple since their very start they can get better or worse but it won't affect you a lot. You'll probably still hate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan's Sweetheart♥ (View Post)
Pacey/Joey Just watching an old episode of season 3 and I already dread what these 2 become in season 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
^ This, a million times over. They ruined this series for me.
I feel the same. Pacey/Joey is another couple that first I loved then I hated them. They ruined the series and Joey being the center of everything ruined the show for me. I hated that they never let Dawson moved on when it was obvious Joey was going to end up with Pacey. She wasn't that great so he could have moved on easily.

Also after they tried to make Pacey the "villain" so poor Joey Sue could play the victim again in S4 I couldn't like the couple anymore.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Joey/Rachael Terrible idea. Not every character has to get with every other character! I wish shows would learn this. Sure, sometimes it works out like with Monica/Chandler (in my opinion) but other times just leave. the. friendship. alone! Besides the fact that Rachel had previously dated/been in love/was later with Ross. That kind of messing up a FRIENDS (ironically) dynamic? not cool show. Not to mention R/J had no chemistry! And it's like each character made the other more stupid while together. Great idea.

Angel/Cordelia Speaking of another example where a show needed to try and make everyone romantic, and in doing so only ruined a really good male/female friendship for some forced and lukewarm at best, romance. When a show is telling (the 'Krumption!' and Lorne's stuff), not showing --never a good sign. The best Angel/Cordy moment I felt was her last episode where her character is actually dying/dead. That should tell you something. While its reasons were icky, I will always love the Veronica/Wallace friendship. I thought Angel/Cordy could have been one of the really good m/f friendships. I loved how Cordy could call out Angel on his stuff, and Angel could see beyond Cordy's supposed shallowness. So sigh, for another show ruining a perfectly good male/female friendship, for some mediocre (at its BEST!) romance.

This is different than couples I hate who sucked as a couple, and ruined a "friendship" by being romantic, but where the "friendship" was about as real and organic as Twinkies. Because those "friendships" were just a step to setting up a romance (sometimes setting them up for a chemless, ratings disaster, show-killing romance). But yeah, I hate when shows make bad romantic couples, from true friendships, like Angel/Cordy. Such a waste.

Last edited by JonStewart4President; 08-18-2013 at 03:45 PM
Old 08-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Cristina/Owen

I am watching Grey's for the first time, and they are the only couple that literally makes me cringe whenever I see them. Cristina seems so out of character when she's with him. I can't believe how easily Cristina jumped into a relationship with Owen after what happened with Burke. There's just something about them that doesn't sit right with me. At all. I hesitate to use the words forced and contrived because people use them ALL THE TIME, but I feel like, in this case, they suit.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Jake/Aria - I want to like them because they do have chemistry, but I just can't bring myself to be invested in them. Everyone knows it's going to be Ezria in the end anyways, so they're just a stupid plot device before Jake gets thrown under the bus once again just like Noel and Jason for the sake of our precious "golden couple".

Ezra/Aria - I lack the energy or patience to explain why I loathe them. They're just a sad excuse of a couple and a tragedy to the show. Just damn you, PLL writers.

Edward/Bella - One of those stupid sappy romances that are supposed to be passed off as an epic love story, but just fails because of its unhealthiness and lack of logical sense.

Harry/Ginny - They came out of effin' nowhere like a slap in the face. Ginny only served as furniture decoration up until the 6th book where she turns into a Mary Sue and becomes part of Harry's sex dreams overnight. Ther relationship is solely based on hero worshipping and teenage hormones nothing more. And let's not even talk about how painfully awkward some of their scenes were in the movie, I just feel so bad for Dan and Bonnie for acting them out especially since they have ZILCH chemistry together.

Ron/Hermione - There's a fine line between fun bickering and outright being nasty to each other. I don't think Ron and Hermione's bickering is "cute" or exudes any kind of UST they just spend their time bringing each other down because they can't handle their major differences and one of them especially Hermione always ends up getting hurt in the end. Now, I like angsty and complicated relationships but not when they're handled in such an immature way that both parties bring out the absolute worst in each other.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm rewatching Friends and I just watched the episodes where Ross and Rachel break up and it left me with the same heartbroken, sick, devastated feeling that it did all those years ago, and like always I cried...

And so now I'm watching the episode where Mark and Rachel go out on a date and I freaking hate that guy!!! I mean, I know they don't really count as a couple and he's not responsible for what happened but I hate, hate, hate that they made Rachel go out with him all things considered. And it turned out that the guys were right all along, he did have a crush on Rachel the whole time!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

The title reminds me of the song "I hate everything about you" By Three Days Grace such I love that song
My LJ
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen Such a serious case of hero worshipping on both sides if I've ever seen one. Never will I ever buy their epic connection. The chemistry is there (John can have chemistry with a paper bag lets be honest here) but it isnt enough to make me ship them. There's just something so forced and so unnatural about their "connection" that makes me cringe whenever they're on screen together. So glad the series never actually went there apart from Gwen's ridiculous obsession.

Luke/Reid Absolutely horrific from start to finish. Luke had to be completely transformed into an unrecognizable character to fit the bill so he could be perfect for Reid. And lets not talk about what was done to NOAH'S character. They basically vitalized Noah to prop Reid as the more "grown-up" person for Luke which I never bought in the first place. How is bickering more grown up anyway? I mean REALLY.

Ste/Doug Another extremely forced couple who brought out the absolute worst in one another. Doug became whiny and clingy and Ste became a shell of his former self, basically someone used to prop the Doug character. Ste said it perfectly on why they never worked out "Because you tried to change me into someone that I'm not." I couldnt have said it better Ste.

Stiles/Lydia I dont buy that they have a connection already. I mean really Lydia's spent the better part of two seasons ignoring Stiles and all of a sudden they're best friends with a deep connection? Granted I really do love their friendship and want it to continue, but I do not buy that there's anything romantic lingering beneath the surface. It all seems so forced to me.

Those are really my most hated ones atm.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 08-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Total Fan

Ross/Rachel

Old 08-19-2013, 03:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Dan/Blair - I loved them as friends but it just became so forced. That the buildup kind of all went to hell.

Daniel/Emily - I thought they were okay in the beginning. But then Daniel became a total Grayson and it's pretty obvious Emily doesn't care for him at all.

Emily/Jack - I hate forced pairings. They knew each other when they were kids, that's great but it doesn't mean they are meant to be. Also the flashback in S2 to their 'wedding' creeped me out. Jack looked so much older than Emily/Amanda.

Klaus/Caroline - He's attempted to kill her friends more than once and the 'he's a vampire' excuse just doesn't cut it with me. Awful.

GL | SL | CB
Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

So agree with Klaroline- so so wrong on so many levels. I despise them more than any pairing ever. Very appropriate smiley you posted. I second it.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Issac and Allison
Wren and Spencer
Wren and Hannah

If I don't make it out of this, tell Jack that I love him
Emily Thorne
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Veronica/Duncan (VM)
My LJ
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm Jenny (View Post)
The title reminds me of the song "I hate everything about you" By Three Days Grace such I love that song
Huh..... I didn't make the connection (cause you know the song doesn't actually fit with the theme of the tread....) but you're right... It does kinda bring that to mind.

Back ON topic....

Isaac/Allison: So much NO!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Daniel/Emily - I thought they were okay in the beginning. But then Daniel became a total Grayson and it's pretty obvious Emily doesn't care for him at all.

Emily/Jack - I hate forced pairings. They knew each other when they were kids, that's great but it doesn't mean they are meant to be. Also the flashback in S2 to their 'wedding' creeped me out. Jack looked so much older than Emily/Amanda.

Klaus/Caroline - He's attempted to kill her friends more than once and the 'he's a vampire' excuse just doesn't cut it with me. Awful.
All of these

Also agreed on Harry/Ginny.

And seeing as my personal horror/nightmare known as VA movie is increasingly approaching Rose/Dimitri. These two are basically a more ~ angsty version of Harry/Ginny but have the same premise based on lust and hero worshiping. I wonder if writers nowdays seriously believe this concept is romantic and engaging or they're just trying to get on my nerves.

+ the usuals

Emma/Neal
Cook/Effy
Jack/Kate
Brooke/Julian
Brooke/Lucas
Wesley/Fred

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top