Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Couples you dislike #271-Ew! Just ew!

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.

-----------

PREVIOUS THREAD
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Total Fan

stefan salvatore/no story line

Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Haha, maybe, it's just that the point I was trying to make is that basically every Swift's song would be applicable to them because of how sloppily written and cliched their storyline is. Especially with the addition of the "bad other woman" (Tamara. She should start wearing shirt skirts and Emma should wear sneackers ). They're honestly the worst romance related plot I've seen on TVD which is pretty telling seeing as this show isn't exceptionally skilled to elaborate on romantic relationships in the first place, but at least other couples have basis and substance rather than being randomly introduced to us at some point and established as epic despite the lack of screen time, effort and insight dedicated to their backstory (even the most stereotypically and predictably constructed couple, Snow/Charming, had multiple episodes exposing the audience to their build up). I love Bae and although his adult version used to strike me as off putting before his identity was revealed I'm gradually regaining my initial investment in his character now that he shared some emotional scenes with Rumple and Henry, however, the fact that I enjoy him as an individual doesn't make Emma/Neal any less trite and uninspiring.
I love that Tyler Swift song with the sneakers But I agree with you. I just read an interview where TPTB said Emma still has a "torch" for Neal and how he still has feelings for her and that it might be explored next season, and honestly I'm already scared because of it. Emma just deserves a 100th times better than him, she deserves someone who'll take care of her, who won't let her down, someone she can count on, someone who'll never leave her behind because of who she is. Obviously Neal isn't that man, as you said, the Writers of that show are not exceptionally skilled to elaborate on relationships, but seriously, this one would be one of the worst one IMO, because it just doesn't work out. Both those characters will never truely love each other, and it'll only bring more pain in Emma's life for wondering every seconds if Neal will be there for her of if he'll leave her because something she has done (or simply because of who she is) is not right for him. And living in fear, well that's not love
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
stefan salvatore/no story line
Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

This title is perfect for Spencer/Wren. They sicken me.

Stefan/Elena
Aria/Ezra
Lucas/Peyton
Brooke/Julian
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spencer/Wren
Hanna/Wren
Aria/Ezra
Emily/Maya
Mark/Addison
Mark/Callie
Lexie/Jackson
Cristina/Owen
Cristina/Burke
George/Izzie
Lorelai/Christopher
Rory/All of Rory's boyfriends
Phoebe/Cole
Amber/Bray

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame.of.love (View Post)
TFTNT!

This title is perfect for Spencer/Wren. They sicken me.

Stefan/Elena
Aria/Ezra
Lucas/Peyton
Brooke/Julian
so much word! and thanks bb Damon/elena
damon/anyone
sheldon/penny
jack/grace
Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I love that Tyler Swift song with the sneakers But I agree with you. I just read an interview where TPTB said Emma still has a "torch" for Neal and how he still has feelings for her and that it might be explored next season, and honestly I'm already scared because of it. Emma just deserves a 100th times better than him, she deserves someone who'll take care of her, who won't let her down, someone she can count on, someone who'll never leave her behind because of who she is. Obviously Neal isn't that man, as you said, the Writers of that show are not exceptionally skilled to elaborate on relationships, but seriously, this one would be one of the worst one IMO, because it just doesn't work out. Both those characters will never truely love each other, and it'll only bring more pain in Emma's life for wondering every seconds if Neal will be there for her of if he'll leave her because something she has done (or simply because of who she is) is not right for him. And living in fear, well that's not love
Oh, it's not how I meant it. I like Taylor's music in general myself But what works for songs doesn't work for actual storytelling, especially in regards to fiction. What I was trying to say is that Emma/Neal are too formulaic and underdeveloped even for a show like OUAT that doesn't tend to invest much of an effort or incorporate subtlety and underlying layers/messages in the relationships and structure them in a specifically careful, clever manner, striving for simplicity instead. Which is not bad, but there is a vast difference between fairy tale-y concepts of true love that conquers all and an objectively toxic relationship that psychologically damage one of the parties involved due to the other party's essential incapability to remain dedicated and devoted or, at least, you know - NOT run off when things get messy and complicated

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Let me start with a list cause I need to get this out:

Zoe/George - it's ruining the show.
Owen/Cristina - I'm kinda over them. Yes they love each other but they're way too miss-matched at this point, I can't stand that they're still trying to hold on. They're holding each other back, and I like both characters way to much to see them go through this.
Peter/Alicia - how these two are still a viable option baffles me. I really don't like that she keep on going back to him. I am somewhat enjoying that she's not being such a goody two shoes anymore about it either, and she's with him with her own rules, but still...

And now for our pre-scheduled OUaT spiel:
Snow/Charming - I can't stand them separately. Put them together, and I'd rather have my teeth pulled out.
Emma/Hook - I don't think there's much potential for this to go anywhere. Not that Colin and Jennifer don't have chemistry, but I think the essence of who the characters are wouldn't make it work. I can see them as antagonists, maybe allies and comrades if he gets over his crap but romantically? Nah!
Hook/Regina - see Hook/Emma. Not that I don't think neither of them needs some good loving, in fact I think they both do. I just don't think they'll find what they're looking for in each other.
Greg!Owen/Tamara - see Snow/Charming entry.

From the previous thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Rumple/Belle- nope still can't get behind it. I'll admit that his dying speech was pretty epic and all, but it's still such a weird relationship to me. The actors just have zero chemistry. And I'm sorry but the age difference makes him look like her father not her lover. Emilie just looks so young and Robert (that the actor's name right? I can't remember at the moment) looks older than the actor playing her father so yeah it weirds me out. I'm sorry while the story has potential the actors are just hugely mismatched. I don't like it.
The age difference doesn't bother me. Actually let me rephrase that: I could look passed it, if they had chemistry.
Generally my issues with this ship are way more complicated than "the actors don't fit" argument.
I wasn't a fan of the idea Rumple being the Beast to begin with. I was willing to give it a shot if they handled the story right, but they haven't. Their storyline is horrible, the characters portrayal within the storyline is horrible, and yes you are right the chemistry is lacking. So I get it that they are supposed to be this epic love story, but I don't buy it, and right now it's being shoved down my throat a little too forcefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazie87 (View Post)
OUaT/writing even Lost had better continuity
Sad but so, so true.
This show had/has so much potential and it's just getting wasted left and right.

Last edited by Folie; 05-01-2013 at 05:36 PM
Old 05-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Edward/Bella
My LJ
Old 05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

word on peter/alicia. as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Edward/Bella
Ste/Doug
Harry/Hermione
Kurt/Blaine
Dean/Lisa
John Paul/Doug
Klaus/Caroline
Damon/Elena/Stefan
Jimmy/Fiona
Lip/Karen

Absolute worst of the worst in my opinion. Especially the first four.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Skimming through the previous thread again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspana (View Post)
The study group/romantic entanglements. I love the friendships within the group, but I feel like the romance ruins that a bit. More dating outside of the group, please.
So MUCH agreement!!!
Community/Shipping is easily one of my most despised dislikes! The show is not about romantic pairings. It's about the school and the group as a UNIT!
Shipping and shipper wars should be a non issue!

which is a great segway for
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Some characters should stay just friends.
Again, so true!
It's what ruined Izzie/George. It's why Joey/Rachel didn't work. And don't even get me started on Jackie/Fez.
So yeah definitely add me to the Turning awesome friendships into romances/Life bandwagon. Platonic relationships do exist between people you know...
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
Skimming through the previous thread again...

So MUCH agreement!!!
Community/Shipping is easily one of my most despised dislikes! The show is not about romantic pairings. It's about the school and the group as a UNIT!
Shipping and shipper wars should be a non issue!

which is a great segway for

Again, so true!
It's what ruined Izzie/George. It's why Joey/Rachel didn't work. And don't even get me started on Jackie/Fez.
So yeah definitely add me to the Turning awesome friendships into romances/Life bandwagon. Platonic relationships do exist between people you know...
word!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Total Fan

Oliver/Laurel

He didn't give a crap about her in the flashbacks when he cheated on her with her sister, so i don't understand how he went from that to suddenly in love with her? Not to mention it means she has no dignity whatsoever if she takes him back regardless that he slept with her dead sister

Closed Thread   Post New Thread