Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #268: NO! Just..... No!!

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.

-----------

PREVIOUS THREAD

Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Apologies for the lame ass title...

Some stuff from the previous thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Also I have to agree with all the issues related to Rumple/Belle, even though I generally like them. The amount and level of blind idealization from Belle's side as well as the lack of addressment of Rumple's objectively disturbing acts start reminding me of those aspects of Buffy/Angel that put me off this ship eventually. While I wholeheartedly support the idea of acceptance of each other's flaws and ability to look past them that definitely contributes to forming a trustful and functional relationship, it is not the same as baseless adoration of every single thing - even a an intentionally hurtful and harmful one - a person does and overlooking every single one of your lover's legitimate flaws. BA and RB are interesting ships that did/do a lot for their respective stories and character development, however, their OTP status really bothers me due to those issues listed above.
I admire you for being able to look past this... Because I agree with you it's absolutely fine and admirable to love someone in spite of their faults. But ignoring who the person you love is, and willing yourself to believe they aren't who they are, is a whole other story.... and that's where Belle is for me. That Rumple also coasts on that is a HUGE problem. If he at least showed some sort of remorse or guilt... but I don't see that. He seems fairly content that she will, literally, let him get away with murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
I have to say that I agree with this. It's one of the things that has really put me off Rumbelle this season. The show seems to be forgetting that while Rumple may be the Beast in OUAT's version of the tale, he's a different kettle of fish completely to that character. Rumple is not just a misunderstood guy who's selfishness led him to be cursed. He has literally lied, manipulated and murdered to get what he wants. There seems to be no consideration or acknowledgement of this on Belle's part. I have no problem with Rumple as an anti hero or having a romance, but, Belle insistence that his heart is pure just comes across disingenuous and like she doesn't really know him at all.
EXACTLY! And I just can't get behind that....
~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air (View Post)
ABC/cancelling Don't Trust the B
I know....
Very upsetting....
~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
Geroge/Zoe Last episode was so boring. His mom should just leave things alone and everything was so forced in the scenes between them. They are to a like to be a fun and cute couple. It just makes them so boring.
I really dislike Zoe/George centric episodes.... they just bore me to tears too!
At least there was some sort of resolution and I feel they've put the Zoe/George=Picture Perfect True love thing to rest (at least for a while)... if I don't have to sit through another episode of someone claiming they are "perfect for each other" ever again I'll be so freakin' happy!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Kurt/Blaine Pretty sure Thursday night's episode just confirmed to me what I've always known and that Kurt and especially Blaine are far better people when they're apart.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The usual -

Spencer/Wren
Hanna/Wren
Wren/Teenage girls
Aria/Ezra
Emily/Anyone who's not Paige or Alison
Garrett/Jenna

Jackson/Lexie
George/Izzie
Mark/Addison
Mark/Callie
Owen/Cristina
Burke/Cristina

Phoebe/Cole
Piper/Dan

Denise/Mac
Jeremy/Amanda

Lorelai/Chris
Rory/Any of Rory's boyfriends

Amber/Bray
Ellie/Luke
Cloe/Ved
Trudy/Jay
Amber/Jay

Rose/Mickey

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Tftnt!

Christopher/Elena

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

Chuck/Blair
Lucas/Peyton
Dan/Serena
Clark/Lana
Todd/Carly
Hook/Belle- I know this is improbable, but I can't shake this sinking feeling that Hook is going to try to seduce her now that she doesn't remember to hurt Rumple more. DON'T even think about going there, writers. After everything he's done to her it's
Vincent/Alex- Seeing Cat's face when she saw them made me ... that and I HATE triangles
Edison/Olivia- This guy doesn't know when to take a hint...

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 01-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen
Luke/Reid
Edward/Bella
Ste/Doug
John Paul/Doug (the idea of it really makes me want to vomit)
Harry/Hermione
Dean/Lisa
Kurt/Blaine
Finn/Rachel
Stefan/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
George/Izzie
Dawson/Joey
Sam/Freddie
Kendall/Jo
Cat/Robbie

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Edward/Bella
My LJ
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Elite Fan

Damon/Elena- my most hated ship ever
Klaus/Caroline-my second most hated ship ever
Stefan/Rebekah
Sam/Brittany
Sam/Mercedes
Sam/Santana
Jake/Kitty
Beck/Jade
Matty/Jenna
Dan/Serena
Chuck/Blair
Old 01-27-2013, 04:53 AM
Absolute Fan

CW Shows/ badly written love triangles

I can't name one CW show that doesn't involve at least one. Beauty and the Beast's Vincent/Alex has tipped me over the edge of CW couple triangle hate. I really should learn and stay away from such shows by now. I actually enjoy well written love triangles but when they are added just for tension

Vincent was written as honorable and watching the last episode with Alex was like watching a different character.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Tristan/Bella: Oh man, I had so high hopes for this one. But OMG it's just so badly written. I feel like my brain is leaking out of my skull every time they have a scene together.

Now, I have never been the biggest fan of those "excusatory" ships where one partner is evil and the other one loves them anyway, etc. But usually, I could get the appeal of a lot of them, even though I personally draw the line on a lot of them. But again, in most couples I get the appeal why the one person (usually the girl) is drawn to the guy and why people go nuts over these ships. But here it's just stupid/makes no sense. It's like two aliens talking to each other.

Maybe one aspect is that it's because it completely lacks the feeling of underdogness that those ships usually have (like original Chuck/Blair, Veronica/Logan, Damon/Elena). Or they are laid thick with this sense of nobility (like Edward/Bella). This story has none of that.

And I actually always liked the guy and I was really rooting for him to finally get a girl who really gets him, etc. And now it happened and the result is just atrocious. They have turned one of my most favourite, most fascinating characters ever and turned him into an annoying dick I don't even recognize anymore.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jay/manny urgh!
Damon/elena I used to love them.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
CW Shows/ badly written love triangles

I can't name one CW show that doesn't involve at least one.
I think this applies to pretty much every network and shows that rely on triangles.

Which is why I would personally generalise that as

TV shows/Triangles.

It's my worst TV cliche! it's like you can't have a show that won't at some point in some way, do a triangle, and I kinda resent that, especially in how they NEVER resolve them and then move on.

While I'm on the subject of generalising

Community/Shipping
I hate it when this show gets all shippy.... it's not about Jeff/Annie VS Jeff/Britta VS Britta/Troy. It's about the GROUP and GREENDALE!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Edward/Bella (Twilight)
Harry/Ginny (Harry Potter)
Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter)
House/Cameron (House M.D)
Cuddy/Lucas (House M.D)
Willow/Kennedy (BTVS)
Carter/Abby (ER)

A million worlds of NO THANK YOU.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
I think this applies to pretty much every network and shows that rely on triangles.

Which is why I would personally generalise that as

TV shows/Triangles.

It's my worst TV cliche! it's like you can't have a show that won't at some point in some way, do a triangle, and I kinda resent that, especially in how they NEVER resolve them and then move on.!

on that one ! i hate triangels !!1