Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Graphics Team

Couples You Dislike #257 ~ And the epitome of bad taste finally reaches its climax...

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

TVD/Romance
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Loyal Fan

CAN NOT STAND STEFAN AND ELENA! Enough with the one sided love triangle show

If I don't make it out of this, tell Jack that I love him
Emily Thorne
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

TVD confuses the hell out of me. They're trying to have a love triangle, yet they're still making it clear that SE are the main love story of the show...how do they expect that to work?! I don't ship SE but I don't dislike them near as much as DE.

Damon/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
TVD confuses the hell out of me. They're trying to have a love triangle, yet they're still making it clear that SE are the main love story of the show...how do they expect that to work?! I don't ship SE but I don't dislike them near as much as DE.

Damon/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
THIS. Both KW and JP have made comments that suggest DE aren't going to last long. Even when talking about other pairings they'd end up saying things that made that obvious (like JP's comments about Andie's original role in the show). Relationships don't have to be endgame to be worthwhile but they do have to be believable and not destroy the characters. What with Klaus/Caroline and Bonnie/Jamie I'm starting to think the writers are just giving us what they think we want The Bonnie/Jamie hookup makes no sense. It's not as bad as, say, Klaroline but I still don't get it.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

SE/the word "epic":

I mean, come on now
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Damon/Elena: Nope, No and just not.. They just don't compare.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflies18 (View Post)
SE/the word "epic":

I mean, come on now
Thank you. I don't understand how the word epic and Stefan and and Elena go together I just want this triangle to end already!

If I don't make it out of this, tell Jack that I love him
Emily Thorne
Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)

Damon/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
TVD confuses me too
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Stefan/Elena

Please do not make me vomit with tales of their "epic" love and how Stefan will always be there for her. It's sort of interesting how Stefan works: he apologizes for biting her, an action he was compelled to do, and yet he hasn't given her a decent apology/explanation for his actions on Wickery Bridge, because apparently, those never happened and his manpain is enough to show his remorse over his UNCOMPELLED action.

Seriously, they bury their heads in the sand when they're with each other. Like ostriches. Stefan doesn't want to know that the girl he's trying to win back KISSED HIS BROTHER? I mean, what? I get being noble and self-sacrificing and all that nonsense, but it's kind of imperative to know that because it impacts where THEY stand as well. And how will he feel if SE get back together and that bombshell drops? It's something they have to talk about, and yet Stefan refuses to. It's not noble, it's not "fair," it's STUPID, and Elena buys right into it because she doesn't want to talk about it. They don't challenge each other to be honest at ALL.

Ugh. Epic love? The true love story of the show? Yeah, right. All the writers have proved to me this season is how SLOPPY they can write this pairing. No consistency, no buildup, nothing. Just lame words that aren't backed up by TRUE actions. You say SE are epic? How about BACKING THAT UP WITH ACTIONS? You say Elena will have Stefan. Well, how about SHOWING that, instead of telling us this with the knowledge that Stefan was GONE for several months of her life?

SE is a fatal case of telling, not showing. Cringe-worthy, to say the VERY least.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Stefan/Elena/Damon
Tyler/Caroline
Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaHogan (View Post)
Stefan/Elena

Please do not make me vomit with tales of their "epic" love and how Stefan will always be there for her. It's sort of interesting how Stefan works: he apologizes for biting her, an action he was compelled to do, and yet he hasn't given her a decent apology/explanation for his actions on Wickery Bridge, because apparently, those never happened and his manpain is enough to show his remorse over his UNCOMPELLED action.

Seriously, they bury their heads in the sand when they're with each other. Like ostriches. Stefan doesn't want to know that the girl he's trying to win back KISSED HIS BROTHER? I mean, what? I get being noble and self-sacrificing and all that nonsense, but it's kind of imperative to know that because it impacts where THEY stand as well. And how will he feel if SE get back together and that bombshell drops? It's something they have to talk about, and yet Stefan refuses to. It's not noble, it's not "fair," it's STUPID, and Elena buys right into it because she doesn't want to talk about it. They don't challenge each other to be honest at ALL.

Ugh. Epic love? The true love story of the show? Yeah, right. All the writers have proved to me this season is how SLOPPY they can write this pairing. No consistency, no buildup, nothing. Just lame words that aren't backed up by TRUE actions. You say SE are epic? How about BACKING THAT UP WITH ACTIONS? You say Elena will have Stefan. Well, how about SHOWING that, instead of telling us this with the knowledge that Stefan was GONE for several months of her life?

SE is a fatal case of telling, not showing. Cringe-worthy, to say the VERY least.
I don't hate SE tbh, they just make me because I'll never buy into their "epic love". The bolded part of your post is why I will never support SE. The audience weren't given time to fall in love with them because of how quickly they were thrown together. Its like we were told "these two love each other, they are THE couple of the show, so ship it". But when it comes to SE its all pretty words and no actions to back any of it up.

The latest episode was ridiculous. The writers need to stop with the back and forth because its doing Elena no favours. The lack of continuity is just annoying and as a fan of Elena I don't want to see her going back and forth between Stefan/Damon. I want her to make a choice and let the other one go. I think she does know how she feels but is scared to actually go there. Caroline didn't really help matters either with pushing Elena to take Stefan to the dance because it didn't even seem like she wanted to go to the dance with Stefan imo. And then the fact that Stefan just wants to brush the issue of Damon under the rug doesn't look good for the future of SE imo.

I just hate how the writers are handling the triangle. Its like they want to write it but keep SE as this epic eternal love. But to explore a triangle properly both sides should be given a fair shot and that means letting go of SE because they've had 2 full seasons worth of a chance.

| Aimee
Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
Jeremy/Bonnie

Finn/Rachel
Kurt/Blaine
Will/Emma

Why are these shows making me hate all of the canon couples? I mean REALLY

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Damon/Elena

They are quite simply put the worse thing that could happen to each other. This ship makes both Elena & Damon unlikable respectively. It seems so oh Idk contrived? They are baseless, they don't think alike, don't have the same values and yeah they love people but don't the other characters do so passionately also? Wasn't that supposed to be their erm connection? Honestly, I've been watching the show since the beginning (and altho I got an inkling on what they might be then) I have no idea who they are now. They are trying sooo hard to sell this as the tragic/doomed love story that its almost comical. I can't even for the life of me as a former DE fan think what they even think of each other now. They way they keep treating each other just seems to bounce around all over the place, one day they're friends, next they're just two ppl hopelessly in lust. Er, yeah. Not the greatest thought out ship to happen

Bonnie/Jamie

Ok, as I Cesare/Lucrezia, Jamie/Cersei & ArMor fan it would be hypocritical of me to say that I hate them together because of them being siblings. But that's just it. I do have a problem with it. And it's cz a) they don't have chemistry and b) the writing just stinks for them. I mean, the thing about incest couples is, they usually have that social/familial belief to rebel against and because TVD has totally chose to ignore this fact and gloss it over its jus . Bonnie should be working out her resentment if any onscreen towards Jamie and then deciding whether she has feelings. Not jumping on to her bed straightaway

Klaus/Caroline

This one really takes the biscuit. I've gone from tolerate-like to full-blown loathing. So painfully obvious this episode at how baseless and utter contrived they were.

Jeremy/Bonnie

This ship should be taped off forever. Its just had its day. The writers could have done quite a bit but it wasn't meant to be I guess

Also

Finn/Rachel
Chloe/Oliver
Gabrielle/Xena
Cesare/anyone other than Lucrezia
Lucrezia/Paolo

Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Felicity and Ben - I wanted her to grow beyond the infatuation for a guy who seemed to be a tad high maintenance with emotional issues.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Extreme Fan

SED Triangle/Existence

Caroline really hit it on the head last episode when she said that it was "Stefan's turn" this episode. Because that's exactly how it's being written. Last week, the writers were ramping up Delena and throwing bones to their fans. This week, it's all about Stelena and their epic love. There's no consistency, Elena will just be passed around week by week like a toy the Salvatores are taking turns with. Elena gets her personality removed, the others have their characterisation hampered by the fact that they're apparently happy to wait around while Elena flits between them.

Stefan/Elena

"Epic"? Again? Seriously?

Damon/Elena

One thing that really struck me in that episode was when Jeremy stated that he was still wearing his ring, despite knowing the dangers it poses, due the the fact that Elena was still hanging around with the Salvatores. And we know why, because Damon has proven he's willing to kill Jeremy on a whim, and because Jeremy has more than air between his ears, he knows that it could well happen again. Which makes me wonder why on earth Elena would want to be with a man like that. This just underlines how ridiculous and innacurate Rose's accusations of Jeremy "not understanding" Delena last episode are. Jeremy understands just fine. In fact he's pretty much the only character who still uses his brain.

Bonnie/Jamie - Dull and pointless. The writers aren't even trying with Bonnie's character anymore. They're just throwing her with any random guy and calling it a storyline.

Klaus/Caroline
Klaus/Caroline/Tyler

Yay. Another triangle. Just what I wanted. I'm super-excited about my favourite character being reduced to a love interest while two guys fight over her like a prize. In fact I'm ecstatic about the possibility of her every moral being removed when she inevitably hooks up with the whiny serial killer.

(Oh, by the way, I'm being sarcastic. )
Closed Thread   Post New Thread