Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
Seems like a good time to bring up my distaste for Twilight in general...

It's one of the most poorly written book series I have ever read. And that's saying something considering I read two "The Vampire Diaries" books. Those books just feed my little troper-heart like no tomorrow. It'd ridiculous really. I'm kind of embarrassed and slightly worried that there are girls out there who want to experience what Bella experienced with Edward. Stalking is NOT love. But I'm not a fan of either "pairing", Jacob/Bella were a joke as well. Let alone that it was clear from the beginning that they would never go anywhere. Although I think I dislike Bella way more than either one of the guys. Such a whiny, desperate, weak excuse of a female protagonist.

Wow, I haven't bitched about Twilight in a long time. That was fun.
Twilight is an absolute joke of a series. I haven't read it. I got through about the page before I wanted to pull my brain out through my ear. I watched all of Alex Day's reviews of it and they are hilarious.

Quote:
Damon/Elena/Stefan - get it over with already. I'm sooo tired of that sl. I mean I did expect the triangle from the beginning, when it was set up, but I didn't expect both Elena and Damon to get so annoying that I can barely stand to watch their scenes anymore. Not only those "epic" music moments in the end of the episodes, no, but their scenes in general. And Damon used to be my favorite. It's a shame how fast bad writing can turn me off a pairing and well characters.
ITA. This triangle sucks all the life of the individual characters and of the show itself.

Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena
Klaus/Caroline
Matt/Caroline
TVD/S3/Lack of Consistency
Old 04-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
Twilight is an absolute joke of a series. I haven't read it. I got through about the page before I wanted to pull my brain out through my ear. I watched all of Alex Day's reviews of it and they are hilarious.

Lol I love this guy. He says everything I hate about twilight

Twilight/Life

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 04-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Bella is the saddest excuse for a lead female I have ever seen

That she was created by a female author boggles my mind. And I agree with others here, the "Alex Reads Twilight" series on youtube is fantastic!

My dislikes:

Barney/Not Robin--the show has done too good a job illustrating how well Barney and Robin "get" and understand each other, so now I just can't buy him ending up with anyone else. I don't dislike Quinn as a character, but I don't see her as Barney's "The One."

Edward/Bella--I could write a thesis paper about everything that's wrong with this couple. It may all boil down to Plastic Writing, but Bella is dull and moronic and Edward is sooooo in love with her spotless, shiny soul? What do these two talk about besides how "perfect and beautiful" the other one is? Seriously. Where is the substance on which their relationship is built? Edward is beautiful. Bella is his "One." Bella literally gives up on life at the ripe old age of 17 so she can keep Edward FOREVER. Because it's healthy to think of your boyfriend as THE ONLY THING IN LIFE THAT MATTERS. So. Gross.

Stephanie Meyers/Publishing--I just think book writing should be left to people who know how to write. She doesn't. The entire Twilight series reads like bad fan fiction.

Jack/Kate--Both characters had interesting and compelling qualities, but seemed really determined to suck the life out of each other whenever they were together. They were never equals for one second of the series. Kate whimpered and swooned, desperate for Jack's attention and respect, which Jack was happy to give her as long as she was "behaving," but as soon as she had her own ideas he reacted like a pissy toddler. I will never understand what made them so "Epic." The yelling? The tears? The pathetic co-dependency? Does ANYONE have a theory???

Jackie/Fez--this is what happens when writers just stop caring.

Klaus/Caroline/Tyler--I'm in the minority here in that I'm fine with Caroline/Tyler *or* Caroline/Klaus, but I DO NOT WANT another wishy-washy, long-drawn-out triangle on the show. Whichever way they're going to go with this, I want it done quickly and clearly. If Caroline is going to stay madly in love with Tyler while Klaus pines for her from the sidelines? Fine. If Caroline is going to either be seduced by the dark side and/or motivate Klaus to resolve his issues and mellow the hell out? Fine. I can deal with pretty much anything except her wibble-wobbling between the two of them. That would suck.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

JAY/MANNY She treats him like **** and he raises the mountains for her.
JACKIE/HYDE too weird together
RORY/LOGANhe changed her for the worst
DAWSON/ANYONE I hated him only in season 1 and 2 shipped DJO.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

I couldn't care LESS about Blair/Anyone, including Blair/Chuck, but no couple, EVER, will compare to Nathan/Haley. Just because certain ~ meant to be and written in the stars pairings try to be the new Naley doesn't mean they successfully achieve that or convincingly handle such a story. In fact, almost 99,9 percents of meant to be couples suck. Nathan/Haley will always be a beautiful exception. Also as a die hard Haley fan I cringe at the idea of her being compared to Blair...

Quote:
Jack/Kate--Both characters had interesting and compelling qualities, but seemed really determined to suck the life out of each other whenever they were together. They were never equals for one second of the series. Kate whimpered and swooned, desperate for Jack's attention and respect, which Jack was happy to give her as long as she was "behaving," but as soon as she had her own ideas he reacted like a pissy toddler. I will never understand what made them so "Epic." The yelling? The tears? The pathetic co-dependency? Does ANYONE have a theory???
ITA. I thought Jack had a lot of potential as a character as he started as this man of sience type of man and I thought his issues, insecurities and pain he carried since his father's death with whom he never found peace could have been worked with in a very interesting and compelling way. Jack started out as a rather relatable character and he was not as cliched as many righteous male leads from other shows/fiction however as the show progressed and as his supposedly "fated" love for Kate (that wasn't even recembling love according to hisbehaviour whne he yelled in her face and humiliated her) took over all of his storyline it became clear pretty fast that Jate is going to be the biggest trainwreck ever, not to mention offensive and disturbing with all the fallen woman and man the saint route. This kind of "romance" would be offensive even in 50s, let alone nowdays.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_bunny (View Post)

Klaus/Caroline/Tyler--I'm in the minority here in that I'm fine with Caroline/Tyler *or* Caroline/Klaus, but I DO NOT WANT another wishy-washy, long-drawn-out triangle on the show. Whichever way they're going to go with this, I want it done quickly and clearly. If Caroline is going to stay madly in love with Tyler while Klaus pines for her from the sidelines? Fine. If Caroline is going to either be seduced by the dark side and/or motivate Klaus to resolve his issues and mellow the hell out? Fine. I can deal with pretty much anything except her wibble-wobbling between the two of them. That would suck.
THIS. i do not want another love triangle. it should be either or. if they go for klaroline, fine. let her break up with tyler immediately and i'm okay. i'll quit watching and be happy about the few awesome tc-moments i got. but i cannot watch another triangle. even if they develop it slowly in the future (because it wasn't introduced slowly, it was out of the blue), i cannot watch Caroline slowly falling for Klaus and still being in a relationship with tyler. i can't and i won't.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 04-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Rachel/Finn
Finn/anyone
Harry/Ginny :
Ron/Hermione
House/Cuddy
Addison/Sam

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Triangels are stupid and ol skool.

Bangel/ Buffy/Angel They where okay in season 1-3 but the whole that yuck Angel maded buffy being whole weak and mad every time she had a other guys she met and fall in love with that one.
They are just so boring as s table lamb Spike would say
Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
Triangels are stupid and ol skool.

Bangel/ Buffy/Angel They where okay in season 1-3 but the whole that yuck Angel maded buffy being whole weak and mad every time she had a other guys she met and fall in love with that one.
They are just so boring as s table lamb Spike would say
I agree, I enjoyed Buffy/Angel in their brief moments during S1-2 but I still think they were boring and cliched and had a little to no basis for "epic" romance. But after their break up things became completely unpretty with all the petty and shallow jealusy from Angel's side who couldn't deal with Buffy moving on with someone else. It's a joke that they are supposed to be this eternal love forever, imo.

+

Buffy/Riley even worse than Buffy/Angel
Harry/Ginny
Cook/Effy I'm going to hate them untill my dying day.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Harry/Ginny
I KNOW RIGHT? Are they even considered a couple ? And what pisses me is that they are supposed to be THE couple Wtf. really ? They just wanted Harry to marry Ginny so them and Ron and Hermione would be a family. Wtf, they were alrady a family. And then the fact that Ginny looks like Harrt's mom. DISGUSTING. Fail. Fail. Fail. And besides the fact that they have ZERO chemistry it wasn't a love story, I feel like they ended up togeter just like that

Old 04-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
I KNOW RIGHT? Are they even considered a couple ? And what pisses me is that they are supposed to be THE couple Wtf. really ? They just wanted Harry to marry Ginny so them and Ron and Hermione would be a family. Wtf, they were alrady a family. And then the fact that Ginny looks like Harrt's mom. DISGUSTING. Fail. Fail. Fail. And besides the fact that they have ZERO chemistry it wasn't a love story, I feel like they ended up togeter just like that
I don't even think about HG without it making me stragely sick to my stomach and all of it considering that they had such a little time in both books and movies and were not even important to the story so it's weird that they managed to be one of the most disturbing things to ever disgrace the world of fiction. Few pages were enough to cheapen the bond Harry shared with Weasleys by making it seem like he needed to marry into their family to be considered a part of it (what? He was already considered a part of their family and if anything it looks even more creepy because it's like him marring his little sister ) in addition to the crazy and totally creepy idea of Harry getting together with a girl who looked like his dead mom

Old 04-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I watched all of Alex Day's reviews of it and they are hilarious.
His review is the best.

I read the first book, didn't take me long but it was a waste of time. The writing was awful and Bella was just...I don't even know how to describe her. Her fascination with Edward was so stupid and she had no common sense. Also Edward/Bella were so cheesy. And I don't like the sensitive types of vampires they showcase so much these days in books, movies, television. A vampire is supposed to be scary, he is driven by the desire for blood. Nowadays girls think vampires are cute.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_bunny (View Post)

Stephanie Meyers/Publishing--I just think book writing should be left to people who know how to write. She doesn't. The entire Twilight series reads like bad fan fiction.
This!!! C.S. Lewis could do a whole lot better than her for crying out loud! it seemed like a series of inspired ideas from tons of vampire and werewolf movies. Maybe she picked the low budget kinds, who knows?

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Thos gifs about Twilight Where I can see them all ?

Quote:
Few pages were enough to cheapen the bond Harry shared with Weasleys by making it seem like he needed to marry into their family to be considered a part of it (what? He was already considered a part of their family and if anything it looks even more creepy because it's like him marring his little sister )
Exactly ! They made it clear THOUSANDS of times, Harry was part of the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
in addition to the crazy and totally creepy idea of Harry getting together with a girl who looked like his dead mom
Yes, so romantic

Old 04-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thos gifs about Twilight Where I can see them all ?
There are a lot on tumblr, just search for Alex Day tags. if you want to watch it though:

Alex Reads Twilight: Ch.1 - YouTube

I definitely recommend watching them all, they are hilarious.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread