Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
I just saw someone attempt to parallel Chuck/Blair to Nathan/Haley.

I mean really?
lmaooo. i can't even come up with one similarity, they are basically as opposite as they come.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Emma and Regina
Regina and Graham
Emma and August
Emma and Jefferson
Emma and Gold
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Jacob/Bella not all the stories about one sided love are cliched and unpretty, but this one is definitely one of the worst (well, what could you expect from Twilight?). Not only romance was not even implied there whatsoever, not on Bella's part anyway, but the almost non-existent love triangle destroyed all the appreciation I had for JB friendship because of how it was played out and it wasn't even worth it because Bella never had romantic feelings for Jacob and they were never a couple, other than existing in Jacob's imagination that he couldn't separate from reality. If his love was so strong and epic he would have wanted her happy because this is how it works in love. No way would he try to force himself on her, or demand to love him or come to her wedding in order to act like a hysterical immature jerk who needs a serious professional help if that love was real and not some weird and creepy mental obsession. Finally, he wouldn't have imprinted on Bella's baby which has to be one of the worst, most disgusting things to ever be done when it comes to the resolution of this non-existent triangle. JB could have been a nice story about friendship and developing feelings from Jacob's side that Bella didn't return but he still loved her and cared for her, but no, it ended up being a stroy about Jacob's unhealthy obsession that destroyed all the possibility of me even liking their friendship. Jacob was supposed to be this "normal" guy who is a safer option than Edward, but the truth was that Jacob was the one who could hardly control himself or understand what "no" means, unlike Edward who put all the possible effort into keeping Bella safe and allowing HER to choose.
So very true, Mary!!! I never even brought into the friendship because Jacob was such an abusive, dishonest, manipulative douche. The things he does to Bella are inexusable.. I don't give a rat's ass if he is just a 16 year old kid who loves her. Jacob knows right from wrong and the amount of times this "kid" abused his friendship with Bella is ridiculous. He had no respect for her or her relationship with Edward. And Bella... Bella used Jacob... Jacob was the bandaid for her. Hell, Bella even told him that she would never choose him over Edward.. Jacob was Bella's second choice.. not even a second choice really, because she could never quite get herself there and even though she loved him... it just didn't compare and it most certainly wasn't enough. The whole thing just completely turned me off their friendship.. I can't even stand them in BD because Jacob still tries to manipulate their situations. I also hate his disrespect of Edward... you can dislike EB all you want.. but there has never been a time where Edward was rude or disrespectful to Jacob, even though Edward has every right to beat that kid down!!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Graphics Team

Seems like a good time to bring up my distaste for Twilight in general...

It's one of the most poorly written book series I have ever read. And that's saying something considering I read two "The Vampire Diaries" books. Those books just feed my little troper-heart like no tomorrow. It'd ridiculous really. I'm kind of embarrassed and slightly worried that there are girls out there who want to experience what Bella experienced with Edward. Stalking is NOT love. But I'm not a fan of either "pairing", Jacob/Bella were a joke as well. Let alone that it was clear from the beginning that they would never go anywhere. Although I think I dislike Bella way more than either one of the guys. Such a whiny, desperate, weak excuse of a female protagonist.

Wow, I haven't bitched about Twilight in a long time. That was fun.

Damon/Elena/Stefan - get it over with already. I'm sooo tired of that sl. I mean I did expect the triangle from the beginning, when it was set up, but I didn't expect both Elena and Damon to get so annoying that I can barely stand to watch their scenes anymore. Not only those "epic" music moments in the end of the episodes, no, but their scenes in general. And Damon used to be my favorite. It's a shame how fast bad writing can turn me off a pairing and well characters.

Last edited by chaos blues; 04-07-2012 at 07:49 PM
Old 04-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
Seems like a good time to bring up my distaste for Twilight in general...

It's one of the most poorly written book series I have ever read. And that's saying something considering I read two "The Vampire Diaries" books. Those books just feed my little troper-heart like no tomorrow. It'd ridiculous really. I'm kind of embarrassed and slightly worried that there are girls out there who want to experience what Bella experienced with Edward. Stalking is NOT love. But I'm not a fan of either "pairing", Jacob/Bella were a joke as well. Let alone that it was clear from the beginning that they would never go anywhere. Although I think I dislike Bella way more than either one of the guys. Such a whiny, desperate, weak excuse for a female protagonist.

Wow, I haven't bitched about Twilight in a long time. That was fun.
I loathe Twilight. Somehow I wonder how I got through almost the entire series (gave up like midway through Breaking Dawn) because it was so atrocious. Bella is the saddest excuse for a lead female I have ever seen, Edward was devoid of any personality and was a creep, and although I loved Jacob in New Moon, he turned into a selfish prick as the series went on. And the way EB acted after their break up was hilarious, as if life had no purpose anymore. So stupid, hate any and all love stories like that.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan's Sweetheart♥ (View Post)
So very true, Mary!!! I never even brought into the friendship because Jacob was such an abusive, dishonest, manipulative douche. The things he does to Bella are inexusable.. I don't give a rat's ass if he is just a 16 year old kid who loves her. Jacob knows right from wrong and the amount of times this "kid" abused his friendship with Bella is ridiculous. He had no respect for her or her relationship with Edward. And Bella... Bella used Jacob... Jacob was the bandaid for her. Hell, Bella even told him that she would never choose him over Edward.. Jacob was Bella's second choice.. not even a second choice really, because she could never quite get herself there and even though she loved him... it just didn't compare and it most certainly wasn't enough. The whole thing just completely turned me off their friendship.. I can't even stand them in BD because Jacob still tries to manipulate their situations. I also hate his disrespect of Edward... you can dislike EB all you want.. but there has never been a time where Edward was rude or disrespectful to Jacob, even though Edward has every right to beat that kid down!!
I definitely think Edward was too accepting when it comes to Jacob. However, since he REALLY loved Bella he respected the fact that Jacob meant something to her and that she loved him too in a way, at least as a friend, and that's why he had the dignity to accept it. The dignity that Jacob never had and Jacob could never accept Bella's choices and the fact that she only loved Edward in a romantic way, but not him. I agree that Jacob's youth is not an excuse because 16 is not 6. He knew what was right and wrong, he knew about Bella's feelings because she made them pretty clear. And had it been love, or anything other than unhealthy obsession on his part, he would have respected Bella's wishes instead of trying to manipulate the situation in any way possible. Even Riley respected the fact that Buffy moved on to Spike in S7 and even helped them when Buffy asked for his help. Chris accepted Haley's love for Nathan and became their friend, even risked his life to bring Nathan home. So why couldn't Jacob do the same? I just cannot take JB seriously at all, not even as friendship.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
I just saw someone attempt to parallel Chuck/Blair to Nathan/Haley.

I mean really?

what? Chuck/Blair are nowhere near Nathan & Haley's capacity mostly because NH are not emotionally abusive and never where, plus Haley never lost herself in her love for Nathan eventhough she was madly, completely in love with Nathan she was still one entity, unlike Blair when with Chuck. Nathan respected her and treated her equally, can't say the same for Chuck.....

Adding my most hated ships:

Lucas/Peyton
Chuck/Blair
Clark/Lana

more:

Blair/Anyone but Dan
Dan/Anyone but Blair
Kelly/Dylan
Kate/Sawyer
Stefan/Elena/Damon triangle
Harry/Hermione as more than friends
Buffy/Angel post season 3- tolerated them seasons 1-3 then Spuffy happened and that was that

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)

Last edited by Lucas4Brooke; 04-07-2012 at 07:30 PM
Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Clark and Lois. The actor was not right for Superman at all. nice way to destroy my image of him.

Emma S. and Graham H. keep the ladies away from him too.

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
lmaooo. i can't even come up with one similarity, they are basically as opposite as they come.
yeah I kinda saw that...each to their own, but they are completely different couples in like every way. The only similiar thing I can find is that Blair and Haley lost their virginity to their respective guys (but even then it was sooooo different, with NH being in love when they first had sex and being in a relationship already and well there was no mind games involved after), but that's it.

Also Nathan? Would never, ever, ever hurt Haley the way Chuck has done Blair. Haley is Nathan's entire world. Chuck sells Blair for a building.

I guess the person was trying to go for a "show OTP" should always stay together, and while I do agree that more shows should show more couples sticking together (as opposed to partner swapping/constant break ups ect) the thing is I can't imagine with Blair and Chuck's personalities (esp Chuck's) as them being the ones to have that kind of journey (where a couple stays together throughout the seasons).

Last edited by diamond gothic; 04-07-2012 at 07:42 PM
Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Twilight altogether is badly written. The dialogue with all the characters was horrendous! Stephanie M could have done a better job too.

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond gothic (View Post)
yeah I kinda saw that...each to their own, but they are completely different couples in like every way. The only similiar thing I can find is that Blair and Haley lost their virginity to their respective guys (but even then it was sooooo different, with NH being in love when they first had sex and being in a relationship already and well there was no mind games involved after), but that's it.

Also Nathan? Would never, ever, ever hurt Haley the way Chuck has done Blair. Haley is Nathan's entire world. Chuck sells Blair for a building.

I guess the person was trying to go for a "show OTP" should always stay together, and while I do agree that more shows should show more couples sticking together (as opposed to partner swapping/constant break ups ect) the thing is I can't imagine with Blair and Chuck's personalities (esp Chuck's) as them being the ones to have that kind of journey (where a couple stays together throughout the seasons).
Exactly. At 17, Nathan was a jerk, yeah, but Chuck was an attempted rapist. Haley had it all together, she was good and about as classy a 17 year old you'll find. That's why she was able to bring out the best in Nathan. Chuck never changed his ways, Blair became weaker and weaker with him. Their love is exactly the opposite of what NH's was, it's that deeply passionate, crazy, tumultuous relationship that can't last because it was never built to. It was obvious from day one when CB got together in S3 that the writers had no idea how to write them as a couple, because the scheming, the games and the dramatics was what their relationship was all about. NH's was about love, support and trust. That's why one lasted and one never could.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

^

Quote:
Nathan was a jerk
he was but your typical high school boy jerk type behaviour... nothing to the level of Chuck. But also Nathan even in early S1 was a really good guy underneath, it was always part of him, he just needed someone to believe in him and see the good in him which as soon as Haley did, that part of him came out (as soon as they started dating he became a much better boyfriend to her then Peyton). I mean he still made mistakes over the years & had his flaws, but he grew and had one of the best journey's of a character I have ever seen IMO.

Its like Mark said:

Quote:
The Nathan and Haley story line was the oldest story in the world. A bad boy changes his behavior for the love of a good woman. The rest of the world hasn't seen her beauty and hasn't seen her talents. But he does. That's the oldest story in the world, and yet, that's a story worth telling and a story that an audience will enjoy. Everyone wants sex. We're not doing sex as much as we're doing romance.
And I think that there is the main distinguishing factor. Yes Chuck is the bad boy, (though again Nate was a jerk but no where near teh level of bad that Chuck is) but he's and Blair's story was never set up as a romance, whereas NH's was, hence the whole "The Romantics" lol...scaring her with the punching glass, posessing her, selling her fo a hotel..that is not romance.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 04-07-2012 at 08:41 PM
Old 04-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Max/Tess
My LJ
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond gothic (View Post)
^

he was but your typical high school boy jerk type behaviour... nothing to the level of Chuck. But also Nathan even in early S1 was a really good guy underneath, it was always part of him, he just needed someone to believe in him and see the good in him which as soon as Haley did, that part of him came out (as soon as they started dating he became a much better boyfriend to her then Peyton). I mean he still made mistakes over the years & had his flaws, but he grew and had one of the best journey's of a character I have ever seen IMO.

Its like Mark said:

And I think that there is the main distinguishing factor. Yes Chuck is the bad boy, (though again Nate was a jerk but no where near teh level of bad that Chuck is) but he's and Blair's story was never set up as a romance, whereas NH's was, hence the whole "The Romantics" lol...scaring her with the punching glass, posessing her, selling her fo a hotel..that is not romance.
Very true. I think that was the biggest problem with CB, it wasn't romance, so they couldn't really write them. Like they couldn't even hold hands according to Chuck. I don't know how you can keep a couple like that together for a lengthy amount of time. CB were all about the push and the pull.

And yeah, Chuck has deep issues, whereas Nathan was like typical high school bad boy who just needed to grow up, which Haley helped him do. At the end of the day, there was no one Nathan respected more than Haley and his actions showed that. Chuck, not so much...
Old 04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon/Elena
Damon/Rebekah
Damon/Bonnie
Damon/Caroline
Tyler/Caroline

Jacob/Bella
Jacob/Renesmee

Dan/Blair

Lois/Clark
Chloe/Clark