Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Total Fan

There's been so many flop couples on HIMYM. Ted/Zoey, Ted/Stella, Robin/Don, Barney/Nora, and Barney/Robin. Really the only couple I want to see together in the end is Marshall/Lily, which thank god is set in stone. I ship Robin/Ted, but there's no way they can end up together sooo it's kind of futile. HIMYM is definitely best when it focuses on the friendships.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Castle/Sophia: Whyyy? I've had enough of Castle's exes coming back. Castle/Sophia have absolutely no chemistry.

Seriously writers, stop it. Now!

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 02-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Graphics Team

I'm always shocked when I read my name in here.

THE WORST OF THE WORST:

Lucas/Peyton
Chuck/Blair
Damon/Elena/Stefan
Jack/Kate
Dawson/Joey
Freddie/Effy

Less offensive, but still annoying:

Max/Liz
Ross/Rachel
Joey/Rachel
Amy/Sheldon

Boring/Unnecessary Roadblocks:

HIMYM/Couples
Dan/Serena
Blair/Louis
Tyler/Caroline
Leonard/Penny
Old 02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
TVD cannot write love triangles at all. In fact, I feel like they cannot even do romance at all, because it ends up being offensive to characters and friendships. It makes absolutely no sense to do the same storyline as brothers had with Katherine, only this time it is Elena. Elena was not supposed to be Katherine 2.0, she was not supposed to turn brothers into enemies, she was supposed to help them restore their friendship. Yet the crap that writers are trying to pull off now is about the most ridiculous and offensive thing ever. I bought Stefan and Damon love for Elena in season 1-2, but now I don't even understand why they are repeating the same mistakes they made with Katherine, it makes no sense and ruins all their development beyond repair. All three characters are basically ruined right now.
pretty much
Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Damon/Elena/Stefan
Klaus/Caroline
Jeremy/Bonnie

The absolute WORST parts of the Vampire Diaries in my opinion.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessblaze (View Post)
Damon/Elena/Stefan
Klaus/Caroline
Jeremy/Bonnie

The absolute WORST parts of the Vampire Diaries in my opinion.
Agreed.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Graphics Team

Oh I forgot Buffy/Angel before.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't stand Bangel Season 3 on the most.

Chuck/Blair

They can't be said enough.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Graphics Team

^ I agree. And I used to ship them... Which I'm kinda ashamed of now. Because the signs where this relationship was going were ALWAYS there. I just didn't want to see them.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dan and Serena
Bill and Sookie
Elena and stefan

All couples that started out way to strong ( words like epic thrown into the mix after a few episodes) for me. Though I will say for Stefan and Elena, this last season has been ALOT better in my eyes for them. I actually felt things for them that I was not feeling at all in the last two seasons so props to them for that. But Bill/Sookie and Dan/Serena I never did like.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

I dislike Buffy/Angel but they are not anywhere near as bad as TVD romance right now

Quote:
Bill and Sookie
They may be not my most hated couple ever, but definitely THE most disturbing and irredeemable one.

Couples that make my eyes bleed, offensive to build up, sense and overall existence of fiction:

Harry/Ginny
Buffy/Riley
Tyler/Caroline
Klaus/Caroline
Cook/Effy
Lucas/Lindsey
Lucas/Brooke

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Klaus and Caroline - because Tyler is breaking every bone in his body to get back together with Caroline. He left town twice because he loves his girlfriend so much and he can't stand the idea of hurting her again. Klaus' "romantic drawings" are kinda ridiculous compared to this. and I would always choose love over obsession, I hope that Caroline will choose love too.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Harry/Ginny - They make me wanna cringe with their ridiculous "build-up" or lack there of. Like, HTF are these two suppose to be soulmates? She had a childhood celebrity crush on him, and he never ever aknowledged her presence up until the 6th book when she became a replica of Cho Chang his longtime crush except with red hair, freckles, and bitchiness.

+

Ron/Hermione
Snape/Lily
Edward/Bella
Jacob/Nessie
Aria/Ezra

ALL offensive and vile vile vile!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that title.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Total Fan

Hell to the YES to all this Barney/Robin dislike.
I was never a fan of the idea. I never wanted nor needed to see the two of them together romantically. I've always LOVED them as "bros" but that was it for me. I never thought they could work in any other capacity.
Then the writers actually started to go there and - while still against it - I thought I could grow to accept them because the writing - up until that point - had been so very good. But boy I was wrong. The only decent thing was the build-up to Barney falling in love for the first time. Everything after that was a total and complete disaster. They never showed us Robin's feelings for him. They gave us no build-up whatsoever and all of a sudden, out of the blue, we were supposed to buy that she loved him back.. Uh? And do not get me started about their - thankfully - very brief attempt at a relationship. It was goddamn awful. They tried to morph Robin into a female version of Barney - which she had never ever been - and, as a result, turned her into a caricature of her former self (whom I loved and still miss very, very much). The writers rushed their romantic coupledom, rushed their break-up (which must be one of the most terrible scenes to ever (dis)grace our television) and keep randomly bringing them back with no consistency whatsoever. It's like they switch their feelings on and off whenever they feel like it. And the result is that their "development" ends up feeling more and more inorganic every passing day and their possible happy ending forced and out of character.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top