Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
  #16
Extreme Fan
 
nothing-without-you's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,346
Castle/Sophia - Enough is enough. Get some balls writers. Zero chemistry. Zero point except an excuse for the writers to try and again tell us fans that we might think we want Caskett but we shouldn't cause it will ruin the tension. I don't like being patronised I know I want them together, so an evil hussys opinion who obviously had nothing to keep Ricks interest isn't going to change my mind. I'm starting to worry that my couple is going to ruined for me like Booth/Brennan did.

Booth/Brennan - Hey I just proposed to some blonde chick that I'm madly in love with, but she turned me down about five minutes ago, so I'ma just gonna knock you up, k? No, just no.
__________________
Run, run you clever boy,
& remember.
Clara Oswin Oswald

Icon; immortalje
nothing-without-you is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 PM
  #17
Fan Forum Star

 
AutumnColorsღ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 127,752
Max/Tess
__________________
“Don't worry about a thing. Cause every little thing gonna be all right."-Bob Marley
Couples Disney
Jenny
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM
  #18
Fan Forum Hero

 
Cristofle's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 96,444
I'm HOPING that Sophia being eeeeeeevil nullifies any validity of her statement- at the end of the day, Beckett should realize she and Castle haven't been doing this for a few months, they've been at this for years and if she thinks all that's between them is tension, she doesn't think very highly of him given his declaration to her last season.

(this isn't a disagreement, I swear, lol, I agree Castle/Sophia is stupid, just a hopeful different perspective on the intention)

In other news...

Ted/Robin

I actually liked this episode- provided it really is the end. Because HIMYM writers, as a Ted fan who actually IS invested in his journey, I am out. I am just out of patience, out of emotion, out of even frustration. They are DONE. She doesn't love him. She was not lying. That is the end of the road. I can't handle Ted ever going back for more after this. I will stop watching if they try this one more time.
__________________
What do you know of my heart, priestess?
What do you know of my sister?
icon: simply_ali
Cristofle is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM
  #19
Master Fan
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 10,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
Klaus/Caroline make absolutely no sense, whatsoever. Caroline broke up with Tyler because he was sired to Klaus. If that's the only reason they're not together, then the second Caroline even thinks about getting involved with Klaus, she should go straight to Tyler and either a) get back with him or b) apologise profusely to him. I'm not even a Forwood shipper, but anything else just wouldn't make sense. Because NOTHING ABOUT THIS COUPLE MAKES SENSE.

I was wary about the idea of Klaus/Caroline because I almost always hate the "bad boy/villain falls for good girl" storyline. It's cliched and overdone and almost always results in the guy repeatedly hurting the girl yet she keeps on forgiving him to the point that the relationship appears abusive (ala Damon/Elena, Spike/Buffy). But K/C aren't even that. Instead, Klaus's character gets completely nuked and immediately transforms into some pony-painting teenager that is completely irreconcilable with the character we knew. If Klaus was hurting Caroline then at least he'd be in character.
Honestly? Maybe I could've gotten with it. If they'd taken their time, explored the darker aspects of Caroline's vampirism and Klaus' desire for family, bridged the gap between them a bit. Evolved them individually as characters before bringing them together as a potential couple. It would still have it's problems - Caroline's friendship with Bonnie, Elena, and Stefan and that little bitty problem where Klaus wants to drain Caroline's best friend of her blood and breed her like a barn animal - but I could at least track its development. I've gone onto pro-K/C tumblrs and threads to try to understand how this has taken shape and I still can't figure it out. Caroline is sunshine in a bottle, sure, and they do have great chemistry but beyond that I'm at a loss

This is one of the reasons I don't like bad boy/good girl hookups: shows aren't willing to do the work. Buffy and BSG got the closest with Buffy/Spike and Athena/Helo & Kara/Leoben. Every other couple I can think of has just failed miserably.

Just rewatched s1 of Game of Thrones:

Jaime/Cersei - even if I could get past them being twins and the fact that they had children together knowing how badly that could go....Jaime is at his worst with Cersei. These two form their own little bubble of paranoia and ickiness, but once you get Jaime out of it he's self-loathing, charming, remorseful, kind, fun, and capable of great acts of nobility. So much better! C/J is interesting in its own twisted way but it also limits both of them.

Dany/Drogo - watching a barely-out-of-her-teens girl get sold by her brother to a slave-owning warlord is never fun but when that girl is taken to the beach on her wedding night, stripped of her clothing, then bent over as she cries so that her new husband can do whatever he wants is easily the most disgusting beginning to any relationship I've watched on tv. That I can remember, anyway; who knows what I've suppressed over the years. What was even more shocking to me was that I was meant to find D/D sweet and root for them! Um, no. I was actually kind of happy for Dany when she smothered him with a pillow. She shouldn't have had to go through that but at least it freed her.

Robb/Any Frey - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I know how this ends and everything but still, when Catelyn cut that deal I was sputtering on my bb's behalf. Desperate times call for desperate measures, sure, but mixing with the Freys never ends well and they're all creepy!

Dany/Jon - I think they're related That's basically what my objection to any possible romance between them is. I can't judge chemistry or compatibility since they haven't met They would make a beautiful couple, but: probably related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm Jenny (View Post)
Max/Tess
They were such a waste of time I liked Tess when she was first brought on but I think the writers completely wasted her and the opportunity to explore their backgrounds more. They were just an excuse, imo, to delay putting Max and Liz together.

Also: your icon! Daryl! The most badass walker killer in post-Apocalyptic America!
Black_Betty is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
  #20
Extreme Fan
 
nothing-without-you's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I'm HOPING that Sophia being eeeeeeevil nullifies any validity of her statement- at the end of the day, Beckett should realize she and Castle haven't been doing this for a few months, they've been at this for years and if she thinks all that's between them is tension, she doesn't think very highly of him given his declaration to her last season.

(this isn't a disagreement, I swear, lol, I agree Castle/Sophia is stupid, just a hopeful different perspective on the intention)
Just a very grumpy girl with them right now. Just felt like it was the writers not so subtly pushing the idea of the moonlighting curse on us (which is stupid)

They obviously didn't have any substance if she thinks that, which makes me feel a little bit better about their past, her being a muse and all that, which I was annoyed about, but it clearly wasn't a meaningful relationship. It was just such a ridic statement. So all us happy couples in the world that are attracted to each other, mustn't be having sex with each other then? She obviously doesn't get that it isn't sexual tension that stops your other halfs quirks annoying you it's love. Which they didn't have. And Castle annoys Beckett all the time, but she finds it amusing now, and she's so accustomed to it because she loves them. I just thought the whole pairing was unnecessary as they didn't use it to progress anything, but instead take a step back it seems, plus I've seen enough of Castles exes to last me a lifetime.
__________________
Run, run you clever boy,
& remember.
Clara Oswin Oswald

Icon; immortalje
nothing-without-you is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:42 PM
  #21
Master Fan
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 10,530
Quote:
I just thought the whole pairing was unnecessary as they didn't use it to progress anything, but instead take a step back it seems, plus I've seen enough of Castles exes to last me a lifetime.
This. At this point, if they bring someone on the show for Castle or Beckett I just yawn. I know the steps by now, it's the same old dance over and over again. Castle is a solid show when all is said and done, but I do wish the writers would stop it with the exes and potential love interests that exist solely to inspire jealousy or point out how perfect C/B are for each other, etc. It's unnecessary and uninteresting.
Black_Betty is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 PM
  #22
Air
Elite Fan

 
Air's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 32,159
Chuck and Blair - love that he only did the right thing after Blair has to TELL HIM TO by basically threatening him with "it'll only push us together". Ugh. And how many times has Blair has to watch you fall for someone else, Chuck? Come on.

The inequality in this ship is actually absurd.

Dan and Serena - I just don't see where they can go with Serena's emo sad puppy face for him every episode as he completely ignores her and couldn't care less about her, literally. It's laughable.
__________________
allison [ & ] argent
Air is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 10:17 PM
  #23
Fan Forum Hero

 
BleedingBlue's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 63,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
In other news...

Ted/Robin

I actually liked this episode- provided it really is the end. Because HIMYM writers, as a Ted fan who actually IS invested in his journey, I am out. I am just out of patience, out of emotion, out of even frustration. They are DONE. She doesn't love him. She was not lying. That is the end of the road. I can't handle Ted ever going back for more after this. I will stop watching if they try this one more time.
I liked the episode as well, exdcept for those last few seconds when Marshall said "not yet". I was actually dreading watching this episode because I thought they are going back down the TR road. And though it started that it things moved in a direction that I liked. I just thought when Ted started watlking into the sea of Yellow umbrellas that the writers had finally closed the book on the TR chapter but ha to throw in that Marshall line.
__________________
I couldn't lose you
Carol and Daryl

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 PM
  #24
Part-Time Fan
 
Serving Size's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 426
Ezra and Aria

Nothing says 'epic' like a teen age girl whining to her mother that she can't carry on with her (ex)English teacher and the weak, wishy-washy man child who looks like he's going to crap his pants everytime he is face to face with her parents. There is nothing for Ella to 'understand'. They are living in fantasy land.
Serving Size is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 PM
  #25
Air
Elite Fan

 
Air's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 32,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueschild007 (View Post)
I liked the episode as well, exdcept for those last few seconds when Marshall said "not yet". I was actually dreading watching this episode because I thought they are going back down the TR road. And though it started that it things moved in a direction that I liked. I just thought when Ted started watlking into the sea of Yellow umbrellas that the writers had finally closed the book on the TR chapter but ha to throw in that Marshall line.
I'm not gonna be able to watch this season until I know the end

Though the premiere did warn us it'd be revisiting TR/BR
__________________
allison [ & ] argent
Air is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Hero

 
BleedingBlue's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 63,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air (View Post)
I'm not gonna be able to watch this season until I know the end

Though the premiere did warn us it'd be revisiting TR/BR
Hopefully at the end of this season we find out the Barney and Robin are the ones gatting married and you can watch this season. I't looked like it really was the end for Ted adn Robin, just had to throw in a line at the end from marshall that did question it for a second.
__________________
I couldn't lose you
Carol and Daryl

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 AM
  #27
Fan Forum Hero

 
golden tattoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 69,044
Arthur/Anybody but Merlin
Edward/Bella
Lucas/Peyton
Stefan/Elena/Damon


__________________
June is Pride month, and I think a lot about how it is very brave to be vulnerable about your feelings in that sense and in that situation,
but it is even more brave to be honest about your feelings about who you love when you know that might be met with adversity from society.
🌈 cynergy | graphics | tumblr
golden tattoo is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:06 AM
  #28
Elite Fan

 
mary ksand's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 31,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britneyslost (View Post)


They changed all three characters for de. They removed Stefan as well as getting rid of his humanity and making him the 'bad bother'. They tried to make Damon a Stefan 2.0 because that's the only way Elena tolerates him. And they turned Elena into a Katherine 2.0, using and manipulating Damon and bouncing from one brother to the other when she feels like it. Not to mention they completely swept all of the **** Damons done under the rug like it never happened, and Elena seems to have no morals or self respect left.
THIS. Especially the bolded part. I remember somewhat 6 months ago I said that the worst thing to ever happen to Elena is for her to be turned into Katherine, because it would ruin the whole sense of the story, because the idea was them LOOKING alike, but being DIFFERENT. I do like Katherine, but it's obvious that she and Elena were not supposed to be the same person and that Elena's feelings for Stefan as well as her friendship with Damon should have been deeper than Katherine's games she liked to play with both. Yet what we see now is Elena doing the same as Katherine, not to mention how all three characters had to be changed for the sake of DE happening. Damon's issues and actions were never addressed, writers didn't want to give him a redemption, instead they made Stefan bad They ruined the dynamic of Stefan/Damon and as someone who liked all three characters I feel like this show made all the possible mistakes with them.



Quote:
If they'd taken their time, explored the darker aspects of Caroline's vampirism and Klaus' desire for family, bridged the gap between them a bit. Evolved them individually as characters before bringing them together as a potential couple.
I do see your point here That is actually what I wanted as well. I felt like Tyler doesn't let Caroline's vampire nature be explored because with him she was reduced to a love interest and I supported the idea of Klaus/Caroline as some sort of an evil mentor teaching this good girl about her dark side that, lets face it, is there because she is a vampire. But instead we have Klaus turning into an idiot who acts like a 14 years old teen and draws hourses. Whereas Caroline falling for him romantically at this point would make no sense whatsoever. But then again, it is TVD, a lot of things there don't make sense and characters tend to be re-written in order to fit the storylines that writers force on them when a good tv show should make storylines fit characters instead.
__________________
my Tumblr//ships// Kaya Scodelario blog

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
mary ksand is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
  #29
Loyal Fan
 
Plucky Sidekick's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,116
The Castle talk is making me nervous about watching the episode. Don't make me suffer, show.

David/Mary Margaret It's not just the fact that cheating is wrong (and pointless, in this case, because all the characters had to do was be honest from the start and no one would have gotten so hurt), it's the fact that this whole storyline is too soapy and boring. It would fit Gossip Girl, maybe, but OUAT is in all other respects better than that. Two potentially interesting characters are coming off as weak and unlikeable. And I know I maybe am the only one here, but while I generally enjoy their scenes I'm quite indifferent to their fairy tale version (I am a fan of long build-ups) so there's no way I'll root for them because of how they were in the other world... on the contrary, I'll probably end up not caring for their fairy tale version because of how they turned out to be in Storybrooke.

Emma/August I find him too arrogant whenever he interacts with her. Their confrontation could become interesting if he turns out to be a villain, but either way I don't want them to get romantically involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)

Just rewatched s1 of Game of Thrones:

Jaime/Cersei - even if I could get past them being twins and the fact that they had children together knowing how badly that could go....Jaime is at his worst with Cersei. These two form their own little bubble of paranoia and ickiness, but once you get Jaime out of it he's self-loathing, charming, remorseful, kind, fun, and capable of great acts of nobility. So much better! C/J is interesting in its own twisted way but it also limits both of them.

Dany/Drogo - watching a barely-out-of-her-teens girl get sold by her brother to a slave-owning warlord is never fun but when that girl is taken to the beach on her wedding night, stripped of her clothing, then bent over as she cries so that her new husband can do whatever he wants is easily the most disgusting beginning to any relationship I've watched on tv. That I can remember, anyway; who knows what I've suppressed over the years. What was even more shocking to me was that I was meant to find D/D sweet and root for them! Um, no. I was actually kind of happy for Dany when she smothered him with a pillow. She shouldn't have had to go through that but at least it freed her.

Robb/Any Frey - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I know how this ends and everything but still, when Catelyn cut that deal I was sputtering on my bb's behalf. Desperate times call for desperate measures, sure, but mixing with the Freys never ends well and they're all creepy!

Dany/Jon - I think they're related That's basically what my objection to any possible romance between them is. I can't judge chemistry or compatibility since they haven't met They would make a beautiful couple, but: probably related



It's amazing how I started liking Jaime in the books as soon as he got away from Cersei. I'm not her biggest fan but I think she's an interesting character in her own way... just not with him. They are toxic for each other.

I have a feeling Jon/Dany will turn out to be related too.
__________________
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms"

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Plucky Sidekick is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 AM
  #30
Fan Forum Star

 
morgonrodnad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 132,309
Spencer & Wren - I can't stand them!! It never should have happened becuase it is so wrong!!

Chuck & Blair - They are just so wrong for each other!! They bring out the worst from each other, and Blair is not truly happy with him!!
__________________

→ Jessica | touch the fire || creative dream
morgonrodnad is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.