Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Total Fan

Heh.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

OMG for the first time in a long time I totally give the writers of OTH props...tonight one of the characters said 'who are you, chuck from gossip girl? no means no!' well if GG isn't gonna acknowledge that Chuck is abusive and attempted rapist, I'm glad that someone on tv does. on that note...

CHUCK/BLAIR
Old 02-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Roy/Pam
My LJ
Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Klaus/Caroline I will lose all respect for the writers of the Vampire Diaries if they continue to go down this digusting route. I mean Tyler is off fighting for his independance from this monster and here he is wooing Tyler's girlfriend. There is so much wrong with Caroline if she decides to be wooed by Klaus. So much. STAY STRONG CAROLINE STAY STRONG

Damon/Elena/Stefan As each episode goes on I am continuing to be reminded as to why Elena should stay far far far away from BOTH Salvatore brothers as humanly possible. I honestly dont think either of them really care about Elena at this point. They're both involved in a power struggle with the other that really Elena is another reason for them to fight over something. I mean really guys, you're HUNDREDS of years old. Grow up.

Jeremy/Bonnie What a waste of screentime if I've ever seen one. Jeremy had a crush on Bonnie, yes but the kid wears his heart on his sleeve and falls fast. I doubt Bonnie EVER saw Jeremy as anything other than Elena's kid brother even when they were dating. It was the most random wtf couple of the show ever. And of course it had to end with Jeremy being made to look like a jerk. Ugh.

Basically these sorry excuses of couples make me want to go:

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
OMG for the first time in a long time I totally give the writers of OTH props...tonight one of the characters said 'who are you, chuck from gossip girl? no means no!' well if GG isn't gonna acknowledge that Chuck is abusive and attempted rapist, I'm glad that someone on tv does. on that note...

CHUCK/BLAIR
That was ******** hilarious. I have never like Mark Schwahn more.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Total Fan

Dan/Serena -- Okay, honestly, I think I dislike them more than Chuck/Blair. I'm watching a handful of episodes in early season four that I had never seen before, and I can't believe how Serena strings along Nate and Dan and then breaks up Dan's relationship with Vanessa. Also, I'm a Dan-stan, but the only time I ever dislike him is when he's obsessing over Serena. They have nothing in common and literally just bring out the worst in each other. I'm starting to wonder why they were ever even together in the first place! They only run back to each other when they don't want to deal with their problems and/or their future. It's immature and foolish, and honestly, I don't even see a hint of a spark between them anymore. I'd rather Dan be with Vanessa than Serena, and would rather Serena be with anyone but Dan.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

CHUCK/BLAIR
OMG, that is awesome

Mini/ Alo
Franky/ Nick
Franky/ Matty

Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

CHUCK/BLAIR
LMAO.

Even Mark knows Chair are ****.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor-baby (View Post)
Hell to the YES to all this Barney/Robin dislike.
I was never a fan of the idea. I never wanted nor needed to see the two of them together romantically. I've always LOVED them as "bros" but that was it for me. I never thought they could work in any other capacity.
Then the writers actually started to go there and - while still against it - I thought I could grow to accept them because the writing - up until that point - had been so very good. But boy I was wrong. The only decent thing was the build-up to Barney falling in love for the first time. Everything after that was a total and complete disaster. They never showed us Robin's feelings for him. They gave us no build-up whatsoever and all of a sudden, out of the blue, we were supposed to buy that she loved him back.. Uh? And do not get me started about their - thankfully - very brief attempt at a relationship. It was goddamn awful. They tried to morph Robin into a female version of Barney - which she had never ever been - and, as a result, turned her into a caricature of her former self (whom I loved and still miss very, very much). The writers rushed their romantic coupledom, rushed their break-up (which must be one of the most terrible scenes to ever (dis)grace our television) and keep randomly bringing them back with no consistency whatsoever. It's like they switch their feelings on and off whenever they feel like it. And the result is that their "development" ends up feeling more and more inorganic every passing day and their possible happy ending forced and out of character.
All of this!

It just leads nowhere.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 02-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Arthur/Anyone but Merlin
Edward/Bella
Lucas/Peyton
Stefan/Elena/Damon

Old 02-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan/Blair what a retcon! So suddenly they reveal that Dan cared about Blair back in season 1 or even before that. LMAO! RETCON! I hate when writers forget their story and totally **** on other couples of their show. Between 1x12 and 1x13 when Dan was supposed to be at her winning competition he was all about Serena and Blair was all about Nate and Chuck. And it's funny that they claim that Dan always liked her because of Serena. He told Serena that it was amazing that she could date someone like him and still be friends with someone like Blair, he never even tried to get to know Blair for Serena. He totally liked her back then. TOTALLY! And of course he loves her for her, except he didn't like her for 3 seasons and didn't think highly of her, so no he doesn't love you for you, Blair.

If there is one thing that pisses me off it's retcon, don't make up stuff that happened off screen and makes no sense, come up with scenes that make sense.

Quote:
Also, "Dan loves me for me." CACKLING. Pretty sure you spelled "Dan loves me for me... except the way I originally was and have been for the past 4 seasons" wrong, Blair. Only when she was at her most vulnerable self did he start falling for her. Dan is known for idolizing his women and putting them on a pedestal and wanting them to be as he wants them to be, not actually accepting them as they are. So no, sweet prince Daniel, you do not accept all sides of Blair.
THIS He put Serena on a pedestal long before he even spoke to her. Then when her flaws were starting to show and Dan realized that she wasn't as perfect as he thought, problems were starting to arise.

Blair is vulnerable atm and all she wants is prince charming and a fairy tale, so she thinks she is in love with Dan because he seems like prince charming atm but not for long.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 02-23-2012 at 05:43 AM
Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessblaze (View Post)
Klaus/Caroline I will lose all respect for the writers of the Vampire Diaries if they continue to go down this digusting route. I mean Tyler is off fighting for his independance from this monster and here he is wooing Tyler's girlfriend. There is so much wrong with Caroline if she decides to be wooed by Klaus. So much. STAY STRONG CAROLINE STAY STRONG

Damon/Elena/Stefan As each episode goes on I am continuing to be reminded as to why Elena should stay far far far away from BOTH Salvatore brothers as humanly possible. I honestly dont think either of them really care about Elena at this point. They're both involved in a power struggle with the other that really Elena is another reason for them to fight over something. I mean really guys, you're HUNDREDS of years old. Grow up.

Jeremy/Bonnie What a waste of screentime if I've ever seen one. Jeremy had a crush on Bonnie, yes but the kid wears his heart on his sleeve and falls fast. I doubt Bonnie EVER saw Jeremy as anything other than Elena's kid brother even when they were dating. It was the most random wtf couple of the show ever. And of course it had to end with Jeremy being made to look like a jerk. Ugh.
I completely agree with everything you said. I hope that Caroline stays strong and chooses love over obsession. I do not want to see her get together with Klaus the pony drawing stalker, but I would also hate to see Tyler breaking every bone in his body only to come back to see that his girlfriend suddenly cares for the dude he was sired to.
I am a bit conflicted about the D/E/S love triangle, because i love the characters, but you are so right about everything you said. they may have said on numerous occasions that they love Elena, but all they ever do is fight each other and put her in danger instead of giving her some space.
I never got Beremy either... it was just so unimportant/uneventful that I don't even remember most of their storyline.

I should stop shipping any couple on this show. either they don't get developped or are just about obsession and forgiveness.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am a bit conflicted about the D/E/S love triangle, because i love the characters, but you are so right about everything you said. they may have said on numerous occasions that they love Elena, but all they ever do is fight each other and put her in danger instead of giving her some space.
I never got Beremy either... it was just so unimportant/uneventful that I don't even remember most of their storyline.

I should stop shipping any couple on this show. either they don't get developped or are just about obsession and forgiveness.
I'm totally the same. I really like Stefan, Damon and Elena as characters but the whole triangle thing is written so badly that it ruins them all. Both Damon and Stefan hurt Elena out of selfish reasons, Elena forgives them and takes either brother back, she betrays one when the other is more available and it makes her look like a manipulative person who is Katherine 2.0 even though they were supposed to be different personality vise and the whole thing just stops making sense.

I don't ship anything on TVD either. My couples are either AU and will never be canon such as Jeremy/Tyler, and canon couples are so underdeveloped and contrived and some of them are plain ridiculous and abusive.

+

Elena/Elijah
Klaus/Caroline

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Chuck/Blair - I can't believe I ever shipped them. They were great in S1 - mostly because of their chemistry - but in S2 everything went downhill. I still don't understand how they went from "taking things slow" in the S1 finale to forcing each other to say "I love you" in the beginning of S2. Blair is my favourite charakter and I hate to see her weak and spineless. And just because she loved Chuck for the longest time, doesn't mean that can't change. High school loves don't last forever (in most cases). And most important: To stay in an abusive relationship is not loyal - it's sad. Blair wasn't her awesome self for the longest time - but I guess she's back now

Jack/Kate - she thought being with him could make her good. Yeah, just because he's a doctor, he's the greatest hero out there. That's why he always yelled at her and made her feel not good enough and she had to beg him on her knees to trust her. This relationship made me hate Kate - she acted so pathetic around him.

Lucas/Peyton - didn't like them from their very first meeting. He stalked her. She only wanted him whenever she couldn't have him. Everyone had to tell him he loved her.

Damon/Elena
Ross/Rachel
Edward/Bella
Harry/Ginny
Ron/Hermione
Dawson/Joey
Dean/Sam
(god, they are brothers!!!)
Dean/Castiel (Dean likes women!)
Brooke/Julian
Sawyer/Juliet
Buffy/Angel
Rory/Dean
Veronica/Duncan
Veronica/Piz
Hank/Karen
Wes/Fred
Willow/Kennedy
Aria/Ezra
Spencer/Toby

Pacey/Joey
Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Logan/Veronica I DON'T hate them! I even enjoyed their scenes because their chemistry is explosive and I rooted for them before a certain point where I realized they were totally incompatible and much better away from each other. They are sold as this epic romance of the series aka Ross/Rachel 2.0 with their dysfunctional relationship, annoying break ups and hook ups, proving that they are much better apart than together and yet still coming back to each other because apparently they are written in the stars. But what's epic about them? Fundamentally they are not my cup of tea because their story overall is a cliche: he is a jackass, she is a good girl or at least that is how it was presented. Nevermind the fact that Logan is actually much more layered and deep and emotional than a "psychotic jackass" as he was labeled by his supposed true love and throughout the whole series the outlook on him was only limited to the way Veronica saw him and in my opinion she never understood him as a person at all. She was supposed to be this bad ass independent girl who solves crimes that authorities cannot solve in a blink of an eye (Mary Sue much?), yet she cannot even understand that Logan is not someone who is capable of raping a girl and killing the love of his life? She literally suspected him in all those awful things before she was 100 percents proven otherwise. Epic? OTP? Soulmates? Not so much. I could overlook the fact that ther first kiss came totally out of a blue and their friendship was barely developed at that point, I still enjoyed it because of the chemistry and had writers done a good job with their story they still could have been amazing, but unfortunatelly this show did everything to make me roll my eyes each time they either broke up or got together again. First time they broke up (for one simple reason - Veronica somehow couldn't understand why is Logan so traumatized by the fact that his mother killed herself by jumping out of bridge, his father who abused him during his whole life killed a girl he loved and he was beaten to hell by the whole gang and then accused in a murder he didn't commit. Instead she suggested that he actually liked all that. Who wouldn't? You're such a smart ass, Veronica Mars!) Veronica got together with Duncan just a week after. And would have stayed with him had he not had to skip the town. So where is her epic love for Logan when he was clearly her second choice after a guy who slept with her thinking she was his sister? Where is the logic and show me the epic LoVe? Then we get a nonsensical "Spanning years and continents" epic speach from Logan that looks almost laughable in terms of their story that was anything BUT epic. But at that point I somehow still rooted for them. However, season 3 showed me that enough is enough. These two didn't manage to function as a relationship and it felt like no matter what Logan did Veronica still wouldn't be able to trust him. This is not how relationship should work and this is a great waste of Logan's character. I can very much appreciate LoVe for what they were, but I'm glad they are not an endgame because this is exactly how their relationship should have ended: on them being broken up but still caring about each other. I hope they star friends but part way eventually and find people they will be able to build a real mature and healthy relationship with.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread