Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Harry/Ginny - They make me wanna cringe with their ridiculous "build-up" or lack there of. Like, HTF are these two suppose to be soulmates? She had a childhood celebrity crush on him, and he never ever aknowledged her presence up until the 6th book when she became a replica of Cho Chang his longtime crush except with red hair, freckles, and bitchiness.
It'll never be not pathetic how Harry pined for Cho for like, 3 books, barely noticing that Ginny even lives and breathes. Then in book 5 his relationship with Cho falls apart because of his unwillingness to see her side of things and in book 6 Giny is suddenly his soulmate because she doesn't cry like Cho? Wow, yayz, that's a love story! Ginny's stalking since 10 years old is even more creepy than Brooke's 82 letters to Luke that she never sent I guess writers nowdays have an outlook on romance that is quite different from mine

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
It'll never be not pathetic how Harry pined for Cho for like, 3 books, barely noticing that Ginny even lives and breathes. Then in book 5 his relationship with Cho falls apart because of his unwillingness to see her side of things and in book 6 Giny is suddenly his soulmate because she doesn't cry like Cho? Wow, yayz, that's a love story! Ginny's stalking since 10 years old is even more creepy than Brooke's 82 letters to Luke that she never sent I guess writers nowdays have an outlook on romance that is quite different from mine
Yeah, how pathetic is it when the author spends almost 3 books developing a relationship that was never really meant to be between the hero and a background character, when the OTP of the book is given only one half-assed developement in the course of one book. He was just with Cho in the 5th book for crying out loud, and then she decides to pair him up with his true love like some kind of booty call?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlight-Electr0 (View Post)
Yeah, how pathetic is it when the author spends almost 3 books developing a relationship that was never really meant to be between the hero and a background character, when the OTP of the book is given only one half-assed developement in the course of one book. He was just with Cho in the 5th book for crying out loud, and then she decides to pair him up with his true love like some kind of booty call?
It's just funny for words how Harry/Cho got three books for build up though they were not intended to be endgame, yet Harry/Ginny, the supposed soulmates of the series, get few pages of Harry's chest monster and sexual dreams about a girl who had a sick celebrity crush on him since 10 and whom he ignored completely for 6 years of his life and here you go, the OTP of the greatest series of our time!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dan/Blair

One word: RETCON. They'll sink before they even sail and I'm ****ing loving and enjoying it. They had to rewrite history to make them even remotely believable for happening romantically (not to mention the isolating from interacting with other characters that was happening in S4 so that their so-called "friendship" ~blossoms). I can't at them using a plot such as Dan showing up for some essay competition Blair participated in pre-Pilot (?) to have Blair realize how much Dan has cared about her. Newsflash, he actually loathed everything she represented, and so did she. So, please.

Also, "Dan loves me for me." CACKLING. Pretty sure you spelled "Dan loves me for me... except the way I originally was and have been for the past 4 seasons" wrong, Blair. Only when she was at her most vulnerable self did he start falling for her. Dan is known for idolizing his women and putting them on a pedestal and wanting them to be as he wants them to be, not actually accepting them as they are. So no, sweet prince Daniel, you do not accept all sides of Blair.

I don't even have to mention the onesidedness of it all. Glaringly obvious.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
Klaus and Caroline - because Tyler is breaking every bone in his body to get back together with Caroline. He left town twice because he loves his girlfriend so much and he can't stand the idea of hurting her again. Klaus' "romantic drawings" are kinda ridiculous compared to this. and I would always choose love over obsession, I hope that Caroline will choose love too.
Its funny I go back and fourth from shipping Tyler/Caroline and not shipping Tyler/Caroline but I agree with absolutely everything you said here. Tyler is working his ass off to prove to Caroline and himself that he's not a monster, and this MONSTER swoops in and tries to buy Caroline while Tyler is off breaking every bone in his body for her? Yeah okay, I dont think so, show.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 02-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Jeremy/Bonnie
Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
It's just funny for words how Harry/Cho got three books for build up though they were not intended to be endgame, yet Harry/Ginny, the supposed soulmates of the series, get few pages of Harry's chest monster and sexual dreams about a girl who had a sick celebrity crush on him since 10 and whom he ignored completely for 6 years of his life and here you go, the OTP of the greatest series of our time!
One book of Mary-Sueness, penis metaphors, and sex dreams. There. Done. H/G are too ridiculous for words.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Furniture.

Not healthy at all.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlight-Electr0 (View Post)
One book of Mary-Sueness, penis metaphors, and sex dreams. There. Done. H/G are too ridiculous for words.
And this is how an "OTP" is born Oh, and also choosing a sandwich over your supposed soulmate.

icons: brasiliana

Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the lightning (View Post)
Furniture.

Not healthy at all.
I hear furniture can give you ear infections, depression, lung problems, and even heart disease.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by forblueskiesxx (View Post)
I hear furniture can give you ear infections, depression, lung problems, and even heart disease.
If you have any symptons of furniture abuse please see your doctor now.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
If symptoms do not improve within three days, start sitting on the floor.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Furniture.

Not healthy at all.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If symptoms do not improve within three days, start sitting on the floor.
This is the most fun Chair's ever been for me Bravo!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Graphics Team

I love you guys!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top