Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Couples You Dislike #245: Just when you think these couples can't suck any harder... they do.

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.

---------------

Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena
Matty/Franky
Mini/Alo

Old 01-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Damon/Elena
Damon/Stefan
Katherine/Klaus
Damon/Caroline
Katherine/Stefan
Rebekah/Stefan
Damon/Bonnie
Klaus/Bonnie
Elijah/Katherine
Klaus/Caroline
Caroline/Tyler
Matt/Caroline
Old 01-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT.

Quote:
Stefan/Elena
Matty/Franky
Mini/Alo
Yep.

Also:

Faye/ Jake
Faye/ Lee
Adam/ Cassie

Old 01-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Edward/Bella
Lucas/Peyton
Stefan/Damon
Stefan/Elena/Damon
TVD/Romance/Writing

Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Damon/Elena

It's amazing how the show made me go from loving them and to disliking them.

Everything about their SL was ruined from the start of Season 2. When Damon killed Jermemy. We barely saw any guilt from Damon and Elena may have said she hated him but we really didn't see much of that. It was swept under the rug like nothing happened. The writers even admitted it was just for shock effect. If they were gonna do that SL then Damon's redemption after should have been the plan. We should have saw him horrified with himself and want to be more than a monster. I tried to blame the writers for all the bad things that he was doing but I got to the point where I couldn't anymore.

Elena likes him just the way he is. I thought she had to be just saying that since she thought he was gonna die but no I was wrong. Damon is way past redemption now. He even told Elena he was a monster and wasn't gonna change. She says well don't be one. Then really just accepts it. The Elena I knew especially Season 1 wouldn't do that. I don't understand how Elena could want to be with Damon after everything he has done to her and the ones she loves. We see no remorse from him.

I also dislike Stefan/Elena but at least I could understand until recently why Elena wanted to be with him. He treated her and the people she loved right. This whole ripper SL was So stupid. Now that Stefan isn't even being controlled the way he is acting is OOC. So they are are ruining him to make DE happen. The writers wrote themselves in a corner last season when they had Elena say it would always be Stefan. It would if he was there. At this point Damon is just Elena's second choice. This is lazy writing.

I'm So disappointed in the potential DE had but the writing destroyed them for me. I wanted a redemption SL for Damon. SL wise after everything to be with Elena it made sense. Instead they just turn Stefan into the bad brother all the sudden and that makes Damon the good one. It's So contrived.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Damon/Elena

Everything about their SL was ruined from the start of Season 2. When Damon killed Jermemy. We barely saw any guilt from Damon and Elena may have said she hated him but we really didn't see much of that. It was swept under the rug like nothing happened. The writers even admitted it was just for shock effect. If they were gonna do that SL then Damon's redemption after should have been the plan. We should have saw him horrified with himself and want to be more than a monster. I tried to blame the writers for all the bad things that he was doing but I got to the point where I couldn't anymore.

Elena likes him just the way he is. I thought she had to be just saying that since she thought he was gonna die but no I was wrong. Damon is way past redemption now. He even told Elena he was a monster and wasn't gonna change. She says well don't be one. Then really just accepts it. The Elena I knew especially Season 1 wouldn't do that. I don't understand how Elena could want to be with Damon after everything he has done to her and the ones she loves. We see no remorse from him.

I also dislike Stefan/Elena but at least I could understand until recently why Elena wanted to be with him. He treated her and the people she loved right. This whole ripper SL was So stupid. Now that Stefan isn't even being controlled the way he is acting is OOC. So they are are ruining him to make DE happen. The writers wrote themselves in a corner last season when they had Elena say it would always be Stefan. It would if he was there. At this point Damon is just Elena's second choice. This is lazy writing.

I'm So disappointed in the potential DE had but the writing destroyed them for me. I wanted a redemption SL for Damon. SL wise after everything to be with Elena it made sense. Instead they just turn Stefan into the bad brother all the sudden and that makes Damon the good one. It's So contrived.
all of this. dreadful show.

Quote:
Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena
Matty/Franky
Mini/Alo

yep.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

My usual hates:

JACK/GWEN
LUKE/REID
EDWARD/BELLA
SAM/FREDDIE
HARRY/HERMIONE
Sean/Ellie
Drew/Katie
Adam/Bianca
Spinner/Emma
Buffy/Angel
Stefan/Elena
John Paul/Kieron
Brian/Michael
Harry/Ginny
Scott/Allison
Cat/Robbie
Logan/Camille

just

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Perfect title for

Quote:
Damon/Elena

Old 01-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Graham/Death
Emma's Sadness over Graham's Death
WHY OUAT WRITERS WHYYYYYYYYYYY
Regina and Graham
Regina and Emma
Old 01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
all of this. dreadful show.
It really has become one. I can't seem to stop watching it.

Thanks Caro.

Damon has proved over and over he is just a monster and that's all he wants to be. He said So himself. I thought Elena was supposed to bring out his humanity and make him want to be a better man. He only cares about Elena. I don't even know if I would call it love anymore.

The I'll always choose you scene really irked me.

Damon was fine with Bonnie dying. Even though that would cause Elena pain.

When you love somebody you will do anything to keep them from being in pain.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well this will be only my second time posting on this thread...

I watched TVD latest episode...which was my first official one of the season....and now I'm going back to stop watching the show. lol ...this is a show I'll most likely watch like 2 to no episodes a season. Watching 3x10 made me realize why I quite in S2.

Anyway couples I dislike:
TVD Pairings compared with BTVS

Let's be serious.

Buffy/Spike doesn't equal Damon/Elena
Angel/Buffy doesn't equal Stefan/Elena

Also in BTVS it wasn't a triangle. Buffy/Angel happened first and then way later with a lot of build up, we are talking five years of build up Buffy/Spike happened.
I said it from the beginning that by S3 a lot would realize how different TVD and BTVS are when it comes to writing romance. lol

My problem with TVD is that it's been 3 seasons/3 years for us but it hasn't been on the show. I think the writers even said it, that's it's probably still only been like a year in TVD world...so it makes some of the couples make even less sense....

Couples I dislike...

Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena [off&on]
Damon/Elena/Stefan
Damon/Katherine [on&off]
Angel/Cordy [only as relationship, love friendship]
Matt/Caroline
Tyler/Caroline [although I haven't seen much of them]
Clark/Lana [After S4]
Jacob/Renesmee [just makes Jacob look bad and makes his love for Bella look fake... ]
Jacob/Bella
Sylar/Claire
Peter/Simone
Gossip Girl Pairings [minus 2]

Any Parings compared to BTVS pairings.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Riley/Buffy-as always one of the worst couples for me
My LJ
Old 01-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Let's be serious.

Also in BTVS it wasn't a triangle. Buffy/Angel happened first and then way later with a lot of build up, we are talking five years of build up Buffy/Spike happened.
I said it from the beginning that by S3 a lot would realize how different TVD and BTVS are when it comes to writing romance. lol

My problem with TVD is that it's been 3 seasons/3 years for us but it hasn't been on the show. I think the writers even said it, that's it's probably still only been like a year in TVD world...so it makes some of the couples make even less sense....
Completelly agreed. Spuffy are NOTHING like Damon/Elena and Stelena were only similar to Bangel because of the whole first love thing and the Ripper SL. But TVD writers screwed up this SL majorly while Angelus SL was amazingly done on BTVS. BTVS is a much, MUCH better show than TVD. TVD is incredibly shallow, I cannot even take it seriously.

Like you said on BTVS is wasn't a triangle. Both couples happened in different time and neither of them was rushed. Both had enough build up and both were developed greatly and those characters changed and evolved during those relationships. BTVS wasn't focused on some dumb, ridiculous, cliched love triangle with a girl tearing between two guys (who are brothers) and acting shallow and constantly saying/doing things that contradict everything she said/did before. What writers are doing with Elena now is utter and complete stupidity. They barely care about a plot and development, all they care about is making both ships happening at the same time by ruining either Damon or Stefan and making Elena forgive them both for horrible things they do. That is all. They ruin all three characters and the whole triangle is incredibly shallow written.

If TVD writers got into their heads somwehow that DE is Spuffy then they are wrong on every level. Spike's story and personality is nothing compared to Damon's. Spike did one big mistake while being a soulles monster after he fell in love with Buffy and he did everything to make up for that, he basically challenged his own nature. After that he was just there for Buffy and did not ask anything in return. He didn't try to even kiss her or start a relationship with her, he was willing to let her go and be happy with Robin if that was what she wanted. Not untill SHE asked him to just stay and hold her he did anything. And even after that he just waited and let Buffy decide how she wants their relationship to go. He felt so much guilt for things he did that he thought he can never deserve her. Damon doesn't feel any guilt. His brother was away saving him and he is trying to hit on Elena. His brother is out of the picture and he kisses Elena, even though he KNOWS and admits to know that it's wrong. Their kiss at the end of season 2 I even found cute, because he was dying. But what happened now is just ridiculous and awful writing. Damin did so many horrible things and felt no remorse over it. Writers kept making him do them for shock effect and ended up ruining his character beyond repair as well as the potential that DE had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Damon/Elena

ITA on everything. TVD is so badly written I want to pull my hair. They cannot even handle a triangle in a normal manner, they need to make Elena personality-less girl who says one thing and then says another depending on what couple they need to prop. One day she tells Stefan to hold on to her epic love and the next day she tells Damon that they will let him go. And writers expect us to buy this scene as "romantic" for DE.

Now DE are only happening because Stefan is ruined as a character. It is lazy writing at it's finest. Why do they need to ruin Stefan to make DE happen? Why couldn't they write a redemption SL to Damon instead and make DE happen naturaly? Even when I still shipped DE I remember myself saying I will never support their romance if it happens when Stefan is out of the picture. Because it would mean that Damon is her secons choice, it would be contrived writing and it would be Damon betraying Stefan. Well, not that is exactly what's happening. Plus writers need to ruin Stefan's character. And Elena lets Damon kiss her or lie in her bed. After declairing her epic love to Stefan time and time again before. But since Stefan is "bad" now it's totally fine. It's awfull and contrived and OOC writing. For DE to happen in a believeable manner Damon should have been redeemed and SE should have worked things out and naturally break up. This is what I wanted. But it doesn't happen. De are happening inthe most contrived manner ever. This show is so stupid and shallow I cannot even take it seriously anymore.

TVD/Life.

ETA:

Quote:
Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena [off&on]
Damon/Elena/Stefan
Damon/Katherine [on&off]
Matt/Caroline
Tyler/Caroline [although I haven't seen much of them]
Clark/Lana [After S4]
Jacob/Renesmee [just makes Jacob look bad and makes his love for Bella look fake... ]
Jacob/Bella

Any Parings compared to BTVS pairings.
Forgot to say that I agree with all of those.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by mary ksand; 01-07-2012 at 04:38 PM
Old 01-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
Well this will be only my second time posting on this thread...

I watched TVD latest episode...which was my first official one of the season....and now I'm going back to stop watching the show. lol ...this is a show I'll most likely watch like 2 to no episodes a season. Watching 3x10 made me realize why I quite in S2.

Let's be serious.

Couples I dislike...

Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena [off&on]
Damon/Elena/Stefan
Damon/Katherine [on&off]
Matt/Caroline
Tyler/Caroline
Clark/Lana
Jacob/Bella
Sylar/Claire
Peter/Simone
Gossip Girl Pairings [minus 2]

Any Pairings compared to BTVS pairings.
I agree with all this. I didn't realize that was TVD time. That makes everything even more ridic.

Except for some things of SE do remind me of Bangel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Completelly agreed. Spuffy are NOTHING like Damon/Elena and Stelena were only similar to Bangel because of the whole first love thing and the Ripper SL. But TVD writers screwed up this SL majorly while Angelus SL was amazingly done on BTVS. BTVS is a much, MUCH better show than TVD. TVD is incredibly shallow, I cannot even take it seriously.

Like you said on BTVS is wasn't a triangle. Both couples happened in different time and neither of them was rushed. Both had enough build up and both were developed greatly and those characters changed and evolved during those relationships. BTVS wasn't focused on some dumb, ridiculous, cliched love triangle with a girl tearing between two guys (who are brothers) and acting shallow and constantly saying/doing things that contradict everything she said/did before. What writers are doing with Elena now is utter and complete stupidity. They barely care about a plot and development, all they care about is making both ships happening at the same time by ruining either Damon or Stefan and making Elena forgive them both for horrible things they do. That is all. They ruin all three characters and the whole triangle is incredibly shallow written.

If TVD writers got into their heads somwehow that DE is Spuffy then they are wrong on every level. Spike's story and personality is nothing compared to Damon's. Spike did one big mistake while being a soulles monster after he fell in love with Buffy and he did everything to make up for that, he basically challenged his own nature. After that he was just there for Buffy and did not ask anything in return. He didn't try to even kiss her or start a relationship with her, he was willing to let her go and be happy with Robin if that was what she wanted. Not untill SHE asked him to just stay and hold her he did anything. And even after that he just waited and let Buffy decide how she wants their relationship to go. He felt so much guilt for things he did that he thought he can never deserve her. Damon doesn't feel any guilt. His brother was away saving him and he is trying to hit on Elena. His brother is out of the picture and he kisses Elena, even though he KNOWS and admits to know that it's wrong. Their kiss at the end of season 2 I even found cute, because he was dying. But what happened now is just ridiculous and awful writing. Damin did so many horrible things and felt no remorse over it. Writers kept making him do them for shock effect and ended up ruining his character beyond repair as well as the potential that DE had.

ITA on everything. TVD is so badly written I want to pull my hair. They cannot even handle a triangle in a normal manner, they need to make Elena personality-less girl who says one thing and then says another depending on what couple they need to prop. One day she tells Stefan to hold on to her epic love and the next day she tells Damon that they will let him go. And writers expect us to buy this scene as "romantic" for DE.

Now DE are only happening because Stefan is ruined as a character. It is lazy writing at it's finest. Why do they need to ruin Stefan to make DE happen? Why couldn't they write a redemption SL to Damon instead and make DE happen naturaly? Even when I still shipped DE I remember myself saying I will never support their romance if it happens when Stefan is out of the picture. Because it would mean that Damon is her second choice, it would be contrived writing and it would be Damon betraying Stefan. Well, not that is exactly what's happening. Plus writers need to ruin Stefan's character. And Elena lets Damon kiss her or lie in her bed. After declairing her epic love to Stefan time and time again before. But since Stefan is "bad" now it's totally fine. It's awfull and contrived and OOC writing. For DE to happen in a believeable manner Damon should have been redeemed and SE should have worked things out and naturally break up. This is what I wanted. But it doesn't happen. De are happening inthe most contrived manner ever. This show is so stupid and shallow I cannot even take it seriously anymore.
All this So much.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 01-07-2012 at 06:00 PM
Old 01-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did the right thing to stop watching TVD. I always said I would stop when the love triangle happend, and I did the right thing. I hate that their ruining Stephen too. I also didn't realize that TVD's timeline has only been a year lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread