Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Couples You Dislike #242: We don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just throw up all over the screen

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► NEW RULE: No individual character bashing

Clarification of Rule #3:

If you're listing a couple you dislike such as character/character - and then you write about them and why you don't like them, it's okay to include your dislike for a specific character....but not ONLY that character. Your post should not consist solely of character hate. If you're covering up specific character hate unrelated to what that character does within his or her ship, you'll be asked to edit your post.

"Character/Life", "Character/Existence" and variations thereupon are simply not allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_A (View Post)
Damon/Elena:

Wow, reading the latest JP interview, I'm now more convinced than ever that DE is THE most contrived pairing on TVD.

Spoiler:

First of all, the fact that they had to completely take Stefan out of the picture and make him a Ripper in order for DE to 'get close' is completely laughable.

Also, something I noticed on my rewatch of 'Ordinary People' - In the last scene where Damon yet again invades Elena's personal space, she says something to the effect of "nothing trumps family'. And Damon mockingly replies saying "Tell that to my brother". LMFAO!! And Elena actually laughs at this. Right after Stefan found a loophole in the compulsion to save Damon's ungrateful ass - yet again. I actually loved all the DS scenes in that episode until the above ****ery happened. It's funny how all the sacrifices Stefan's made, is easily brushed under the just because he's been compelled to turn off his humanity. And he's saved Damon's life even in that state. First we have Elena acting like he chose to be compelled and is okay with him getting tortured. Then we have Damon saying Stefan doesn't know what family means! A bit overkill for Damon to be saying that since he repeatedly puts the women in his life (women who chose his brother over him) above the brother who chooses him over everyone else over and over again.

And now lets come to Damon and Elena as individuals. Damon has without regret screwed around with the 3 most important people in Elena's life. And by screwing around, I mean he's killed one of them, tried to kill one and raped and abused the other. Everyone other than Elena is expendable to him. And Elena seems to lose any will-power or backbone when she's around him. She just stands there while Damon gropes her. And I find it extremely funny that it was after Stefan said he wasn't coming back that she immediately took to changing Damon. Pathetic! And totally obvious! And she's all "Be a better man". "You can be better than this". And Damon knows exactly that she's manipulating him. He knows that she's trying to fit him into her version of 'good'. And the more she tries, the more he's on the verge of snapping and lashing out.

And the whole point about Elena being his humanity is ridiculous. Many of Damon's screw-ups have happened due to his supposed ~love for Elena. And the worst part was we were supposed to be sympathetic towards him because he was acting that way as he couldn't have Elena. Oh how I hate woobifying !!
And the fact that Elena's even ashamed to admit that she's attracted to him says it all.

Stefan's my only favorite character as of now and I hope that the writers keep him far, far away until this DE suckage gets sorted out. I'd really like them to take this opportunity to explore his potential with other characters.
Bringing this post over because it is perfect. DE is most definitely contrived and needs to be stopped before it destroys the entire show.
The_Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Supreme Fan

tftnt! love the title

Beckett/Josh
But really:
Castle/Anyone but Beckett
Beckett/Anyone but Castle
Old 12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Don't get me wrong, I still dislike Stefan/Elena and think they are ridiculous from the beginning to the end, lacking build up, chemistry and pretty much everything, but I hate what the writers are doing and that they only can make DE happen when Stefan is not around or evil. This is not how it should be and this is so so far from good development. TVD could never do development, once they start writing some romantic SL for a certain character, they make this character either act OOC or forget about other bonds and relationships/friendships. This happened to Caroline when she was reduced to Tyler's love interest and now it's happening to Elena (one episode she tells Stefan to hold on to her hope and love, next episode she tells his brother that "they will let him go"). I know writers will most likely keep handling the story in this kind of way because they chose the road of cheap tricks and contrived plot twists, but not sure if I want to follow the show anymore.

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Harry/Ginny
Brooke/Lucas
Brooke/Julian
Cook/Effy
Buffy/Angel post S3

I'd rather stay single and die alone with a cat (or with a dog like Jack) if those couples above are the definition of true love.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
mary ksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Ollie! This title is perfect for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_A (View Post)
Damon/Elena:

Wow, reading the latest JP interview, I'm now more convinced than ever that DE is THE most contrived pairing on TVD.

Spoiler:

First of all, the fact that they had to completely take Stefan out of the picture and make him a Ripper in order for DE to 'get close' is completely laughable.

Also, something I noticed on my rewatch of 'Ordinary People' - In the last scene where Damon yet again invades Elena's personal space, she says something to the effect of "nothing trumps family'. And Damon mockingly replies saying "Tell that to my brother". LMFAO!! And Elena actually laughs at this. Right after Stefan found a loophole in the compulsion to save Damon's ungrateful ass - yet again. I actually loved all the DS scenes in that episode until the above ****ery happened. It's funny how all the sacrifices Stefan's made, is easily brushed under the just because he's been compelled to turn off his humanity. And he's saved Damon's life even in that state. First we have Elena acting like he chose to be compelled and is okay with him getting tortured. Then we have Damon saying Stefan doesn't know what family means! A bit overkill for Damon to be saying that since he repeatedly puts the women in his life (women who chose his brother over him) above the brother who chooses him over everyone else over and over again.

And now lets come to Damon and Elena as individuals. Damon has without regret screwed around with the 3 most important people in Elena's life. And by screwing around, I mean he's killed one of them, tried to kill one and raped and abused the other. Everyone other than Elena is expendable to him. And Elena seems to lose any will-power or backbone when she's around him. She just stands there while Damon gropes her. And I find it extremely funny that it was after Stefan said he wasn't coming back that she immediately took to changing Damon. Pathetic! And totally obvious! And she's all "Be a better man". "You can be better than this". And Damon knows exactly that she's manipulating him. He knows that she's trying to fit him into her version of 'good'. And the more she tries, the more he's on the verge of snapping and lashing out.

And the whole point about Elena being his humanity is ridiculous. Many of Damon's screw-ups have happened due to his supposed ~love for Elena. And the worst part was we were supposed to be sympathetic towards him because he was acting that way as he couldn't have Elena. Oh how I hate woobifying !!
And the fact that Elena's even ashamed to admit that she's attracted to him says it all.

Stefan's my only favorite character as of now and I hope that the writers keep him far, far away until this DE suckage gets sorted out. I'd really like them to take this opportunity to explore his potential with other characters.

Perfect post is perfect. Delena is already the worst thing about this show, now it's destroying Elena and the relationship between the brothers. It's pathetic how they're setting DE up to happen, because they know Elena would not in her right mind choose Damon over Stefan. And given how much of Elena's personality changes when she's with Damon I'm going to have to assume that Elena's experienced some sort of emotional and psychological trauma due to all of the stress and life-or-death situations, and Damon is part of her downward spiral.
Black_Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol nice title

Willow/Kennedy
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Hahaha I love the title too. Reminds me of:

JACK/GWEN
LUKE/REID
EDWARD/BELLA

Possibly around the three most revolting excuses for a relationship ever.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Psychically Linked ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Damon/Elena

It just keeps getting better, now even the writers are saying that the only reason DE are getting a chance is because Stefan is no longer an option for Elena. What epicness
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
Damon/Elena

It just keeps getting better, now even the writers are saying that the only reason DE are getting a chance is because Stefan is no longer an option for Elena. What epicness
IKR? It's a little sad when even the writers can't be bothered to sell this 'romance' as some naturally occurring thing; instead, Damon is Elena's second-choice. I can already tell how this train-wreck is gonna play out.
Black_Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Jacob/Bella
Jacob/Renesmee
Carrie/Big
Pacey/Joey
Sawyer/Kate
Shannon/Boone
Cole/Phoebe

Top of my hate list All revolting.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Even if Stefan is not my favourite character (as much as I like him), and I'm not even a Stefan/Elena shipper, I so agree with this. Damon/Elena has dragged both characters down and ruined the Damon/Stefan dynamic irreparably.
You need really good writers in order to build a show on a triangle without ruining all or the majority of the characters involved... and the TVD writers are far from being that good.

Another example of this is the Dawson/Joey/Pacey triangle of doom from Dawson's creek.
ITA Sonia. This triangle is going to be the death of these three characters. Well, they've already taken Stefan physically out of the picture, twice now, so Damon and Elena can have their shot. I'm now more convinced than ever that this whole Ripper arc was just a way for DE to happen and less about Stefan's character development. Lets face it. It was the only way DE could happen. It's pathetic how obvious the writers are.
I agree about DJo and PJo. I'd pick PJo any day over DJo. But all the time I had this feeling that Joey brought Pacey down. I was so rooting for a Dawson/Jen and Pacey/Andie endgame. But of course no girl can be as amazing as Joey Potter. I hated her actually.

Quote:
Can I marry this freaking AMAZING post!! So much word, Nikki Damon and DE totally SUCK!! I am so sick of them ruining TVD Stefan is the only one worth watching on this crapfest of a show
Awww... thanks bb
So many non-SE fans on twitter and tumblr are getting super pissed at DE! And they aren't even a couple yet.

Quote:
Perfect post is perfect. Delena is already the worst thing about this show, now it's destroying Elena and the relationship between the brothers. It's pathetic how they're setting DE up to happen, because they know Elena would not in her right mind choose Damon over Stefan. And given how much of Elena's personality changes when she's with Damon I'm going to have to assume that Elena's experienced some sort of emotional and psychological trauma due to all of the stress and life-or-death situations, and Damon is part of her downward spiral.

I really cannot believe Stefan had to be taken out of the picture. AGAIN. How convenient writers.

Quote:
This is so true! Elena has actually made Damon WORSE to me. Before he was at least funny and didn't make excuses for his behavior, now all he does is whine and whine about Elena not loving him and blames all of the horrible things he does on her rejection of him.
The worst part is that the more Elena pushes and pushes him to be good, the more he's in danger of snapping. And Damon never really had his humanity turned off. Even in season 1, when he was 'bad', he was desperately in love with Katherine. He chose to kill people just because he wanted to act up and to make Stefan's life miserable.

Quote:
Damon/Elena

I really cannot believe JP said that. The whole premise of DE is based on how Stefan 'behaves'. If he's good, then Elena would never get with Damon. If his behavior is 'bad', then DE have chance. This really doesn't put Elena in a good light. And Damon comes off more pathetic than he already is.
icon:Ann

Last edited by nikki_A; 12-01-2011 at 10:26 PM
nikki_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Beckett/Josh
I can't believe I had never mentioned them here I just how RANDOM it was, one day she just said hey this is my boyfriend Josh, wtf, the guy barely had any lines, he might as well have I'm-here-for-the-sole-purpose-of-keeping-Castle-and-Beckett-apart written on his forehead
Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I can't believe I had never mentioned them here I just how RANDOM it was, one day she just said hey this is my boyfriend Josh, wtf, the guy barely had any lines, he might as well have I'm-here-for-the-sole-purpose-of-keeping-Castle-and-Beckett-apart written on his forehead
lol, I'm currently in the process of getting caught up on Castle. I'm on season 3 but when I saw the episode where he was introduced it was just like "wtf where did you come from!?"
Old 12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Total Fan

^ LOL, so true, Ju! He wasn't a bad guy but the relationship was doomed from the beginning.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Edward/Bella
Jacob/Renesmee
TVD/Couples/Writing
Peter/Claire
Sylar/Elle

Last edited by dracarys; 12-02-2011 at 12:52 AM
dracarys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

I'm probably gonna have some ~unpopular opinions here, but:

Chuck/Blair
Cook/Effy
Bill/Sookie

^Them because well, the men are terrible and emotionally abusive. Enough said.

Amy/Rory
Gwen/Arthur
Barney/Robin

...and I feel like these are forced. And I'm just not feelin em.

LOL just NO to all of them. ugh.

Tutor_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread