Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #221: The sheer horror of these couples is enough to make us wish we were comfortably numb.

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples

Caro || Icon: nessie-eska @ fanpop
Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

TFTNT Caro Love the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
Oh, Ian, even Damon haters love you
Hehehe, I may HATE Damon with a fiery passion, but I have nothing but love for Ian.. the man is beautiful

Quote:
I hear ya. I love EE with all my heart, but if I had the chance to be with Elijah I'd knock Elena unconscious myself
Nothing would stand in my way if I had a chance to get at Stefan

Quote:
YW Yeah, she does, it's a wonder she's still standing
She's a survivour that's for sure

One with the hate:

Damon/Elena
Damon Salvatore/Life
Tyler/Caroline

Jacob/Bella
Jacob Black/Life

Just icky!!

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 07-08-2011 at 09:53 PM
Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

Hahaha omg this thread title is love!

JACK/GWEN
JACK/GWEN
JACK/GWEN
JACK/GWEN!!!!

And did I mention

Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper?
They are nothing more than hero worshipping in the form of "romance." I will never buy them as anything more than hero worshipping. Ever.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Chuck/Blair!

Chuck/Life

"The one relationship I'd love to see play out is Blair and Dan — just selfishly, honestly, b/c I love working with Penn." - Leighton Meester

Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT! LOVE this title.

Couples that I hate just for getting in the way of my ships!

Blair/Chuck! They get in the way of my OTP, Chuck & Jenny.
Also, they've gone to CRAP!

Chuck/Ivy!--I've heard... rumors. That I chose to believe are just... rumors. (Same as Chair. )
Plus, I just don't get it.

Jason/Sam! They get in the way of Jason & Liz.

Lucky/Liz! Get in the way of Liason & Lucky/Siobhan.
Also, BORING & FORCED!

John/Natalie! STOP KILLING MY BRODY/NATALIE!
Same as LL.

Brody/Jessica! They kill Brody/Nat & Jessica/Ford.

Joey/Kelly! They killed my Joey/Aubrey.
Also, BORING FORCED CRAP!

Brittany/Santana! They kill Samtana & Bike!
But I also just find them overrated.

Sam/Mercedes! They get in the way of Samtana, and I just think it's an odd pairing.

JUST. DIE. ALREADY.

I'm totally overusing that gif, but I love it!

They need to:

If there were a magazine on those ships:
Old 07-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT
Ron/Hermione all time most hated...
Cameron/Chase
Will/Elizabeth
Old 07-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt . As usual, the title is perfection.

Zandra/Lex
Mind games, making each other jealous, rape attempt, cheating, "I married you for sex"... this couple was so made of win
Old 07-09-2011, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

Book hate:

HP Epiloge/Life aka was meant to be epic but ended up bein an epic fail and a list of who married whom.
Harry/Ginny worst thing that happened to the series
Harry/Hermione worst thing that could have happened to the series, but never had thankfully.
Rose Hathaway/Life biggest Mary Sue in fiction and even Brooke Davis cannot compete
Peeta/Katniss/Gale pointless triangle is pointless
Twilight/Life an insult to literature in general
Bella/Life I still don't get what Edward saw in her, he could do so much better.
Jacob Black/Life probably THE worst character ever created.
Jacob/Bella
Jacob/Renesme
Imprinting/Existence

THE hate:

Sawyer/Juliet random, OOC, full of insecurities, destroyed both characters.
Jack/Kate Jack is yelling, Kate is begging, Jack is watching Kate having sex with Sawyer, Kate leaves Jack dying alone with a dog. Epic love right here.
Cook/Effy a guy and a girl have sex in the pilot barely knowing each other, a guy knows that a girl loves his best friend but cannot stand this feeling, uses her emotional problems to keep this affair with her going and enjoys hurting his best friend, then when it's over he starts whining and complaining. Effy gets sick and Cook is not there for her, doesn't take care of her or spend 24/7 at her bedside like Freddie, because he is too busy with his own runaway from prison self. Then jumps in with love declarations behind Freddie's back, hits her when she gets histerical, which leads to her running onto the road and nearly getting hit by a van, but at least Cook could run fast enough to push her away. Running is the only thing he could ever do.

+ boring couples:

Buffy/Riley
Bill/Sookie
Bill/Life
Brooke/Lucas
Stefan/Elena

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 07-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Bill/Sookie
Bill/Life
Uh, I forgot about that one. I haven't read or really watched TB, but from time to time I catch a scene/episode of the show and what I recently caught of BS annoyed me. I am not going to judge out of context, but a scene where she wants to do something (I kinda already forgot what it was ) and he tries to talk her out of it in a very aggressive and pushy manner (bordering on threatening/scaring her out of doing it) just sickened me. Maybe he had valid reasons for trying to get her change her decision, but the way he went about it was obnoxious.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

Stefan/Caroline
Damon/Bonnie
Brooke/Lucas
Freddie/Effy
Sawyer/Kate
Old 07-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Uh, I forgot about that one. I haven't read or really watched TB, but from time to time I catch a scene/episode of the show and what I recently caught of BS annoyed me. I am not going to judge out of context, but a scene where she wants to do something (I kinda already forgot what it was ) and he tries to talk her out of it in a very aggressive and pushy manner (bordering on threatening/scaring her out of doing it) just sickened me. Maybe he had valid reasons for trying to get her change her decision, but the way he went about it was obnoxious.
This is actually one of many many flaws about BS and as someone who haven't seen the show either and only judges by books, I can tell that in the books there are things much worse than that - like for example, him cheating and lying and raping her (after she risked her life to save him). Just every single thing about this couple makes me and Bill makes me wanna him.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
This is actually one of many many flaws about BS and as someone who haven't seen the show either and only judges by books, I can tell that in the books there are things much worse than that - like for example, him cheating and lying and raping her (after she risked her life to save him). Just every single thing about this couple makes me and Bill makes me wanna him.
That just sounds .

From what I heard, the show might be a bit softer on them because apparently the creator of it likes them (or at least that's how I understood it from some show fans), but honestly from what I randomly catch it seems to me the relationship is highly problematic in the show too. He seems way overprotective of her to say the least.

ETA:
Catching up with the previous thread, I had to bring this over:
Quote:
BTVS/Tarantulas. I can deal with vampires, demons, organs for display and such, but get those spiders away from my screen before I scream in panic
This! I am terrified of spiders. I don't want to see them in any shape or form. If I see a picture of one in a magazine, I glue the pages together, so that I would never even accidentally open on it again.

Last edited by Slayerette89; 07-09-2011 at 06:08 AM
Old 07-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That just sounds .

From what I heard, the show might be a bit softer on them because apparently the creator of it likes them (or at least that's how I understood it from some show fans), but honestly from what I randomly catch it seems to me the relationship is highly problematic in the show too. He seems way overprotective of her to say the least.
Yes, I also read all those interviews from the show creator and he seems to be a huge Bill/Sookie fan that's why he left off a lot of book bits when Bill's behaviour is completelly unacceptable. This is partly why I don't want to start watching True Blood since I am too addicted to books and if the show isn't doing it right and/or destroyed characters I love (mostly Sookie herself, turning her into a dependent weak female and Eric who is by far my favourite male character on the series) I don't think I'll be able to sit through it.

I think it is quite sad when a writer worships some character so much that is ready to sacrifice a general sense of the story and so obsessed with this character getting a girl that is ready to destroy this girl's awesome personality. Show Bill/Sookie seems to be Jack/Kate 2.0. A writer is so obsessed with his "awesome" controlling and emotionally abusive male character that he needs to destroy a female character and turn her into a needy and weak due to keep the relationship between them going even though failing miserably. Another parellel is the painfull lack of chemistry and it's funny, I think that Stephen and Anna in real life are adorable and have a lot of chemistry, but Bill/Sookie on the show are probably even more chemistryless than Jack/Kate where even though it seems hardly possible But at least we SAW Bill/Sookie sharing love scenes unlike Jate

Old 07-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Yes, I also read all those interviews from the show creator and he seems to be a huge Bill/Sookie fan that's why he left off a lot of book bits when Bill's behaviour is completelly unacceptable. This is partly why I don't want to start watching True Blood since I am too addicted to books and if the show isn't doing it right and/or destroyed characters I love (mostly Sookie herself, turning her into a dependent weak female and Eric who is by far my favourite male character on the series) I don't think I'll be able to sit through it.

I think it is quite sad when a writer worships some character so much that is ready to sacrifice a general sense of the story and so obsessed with this character getting a girl that is ready to destroy this girl's awesome personality. Show Bill/Sookie seems to be Jack/Kate 2.0. A writer is so obsessed with his "awesome" controlling and emotionally abusive male character that he needs to destroy a female character and turn her into a needy and weak due to keep the relationship between them going even though failing miserably. Another parellel is the painfull lack of chemistry and it's funny, I think that Stephen and Anna in real life are adorable and have a lot of chemistry, but Bill/Sookie on the show are probably even more chemistryless than Jack/Kate where even though it seems hardly possible But at least we SAW Bill/Sookie sharing love scenes unlike Jate
Completely understand you on that one. It's the same reason why I can't stomach most Wuthering Heights adaptations, they tend to reduce Catherine to a non-entity and push her in the background and make it Heathcliff-centric, while destroying everything that is great about Heathcliff, turning him into some whiny, self-pitying bastard.

And word on Anna/Stephen. I also think that in RL they are adorably cute together, but on screen they just don't do anything for me. It's not that I even cringe at their scenes, I'm just completely indifferent (and that's the same way I felt about JK ). On the other hand, the chemistry between Anna and the actor who plays Eric (don't know his name) is just incredible. Though, tbh I'm not sure if I'd be able to fully get behind the show's ES either, because there seems to be a lot of controlling and manipulating tendencies in that relationship as well. But since I see everything out of context, I might be wrong about that one.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Completely understand you on that one. It's the same reason why I can't stomach most Wuthering Heights adaptations, they tend to reduce Catherine to a non-entity and push her in the background and make it Heathcliff-centric, while destroying everything that is great about Heathcliff, turning him into some whiny, self-pitying bastard.

And word on Anna/Stephen. I also think that in RL they are adorably cute together, but on screen they just don't do anything for me. It's not that I even cringe at their scenes, I'm just completely indifferent (and that's the same way I felt about JK ). On the other hand, the chemistry between Anna and the actor who plays Eric (don't know his name) is just incredible. Though, tbh I'm not sure if I'd be able to fully get behind the show's ES either, because there seems to be a lot of controlling and manipulating tendencies in that relationship as well. But since I see everything out of context, I might be wrong about that one.
I get what you are saying I'll have to read this novel to fully understand it, but just in general I hate when movie adaptations are doing it. It seems cheap and lame and turns an adaptation into some cliched hollywood movie.

And word on Stephen/Anna, they are adorable in RL. I actually find Matt and Evi adorable in RL too, but on screen they are painfull to watch because of complete lack of chemistry + I think a horrible relationship those couples share add a lot of hatred to that.

Yes, I agree, relationship between Eric and Sookie are also very flawed. The thing (and that one thing I really like about the series) is that Charline Harris vampires live in their own world with it's own laws. They've been living like that for many many years and even though some vampires tend to date people, they cannot change their nature and the way they live for them. However, when it comes to Eric, he is too much of a strong and independent personality and despite him still being a part of a system, he is not afraid to live by his own rules. And when it comes to Sookie he is always the one to break those rules to keep her safe (and it basically starts from the very beginning of their interactions. He puts her above the system despite not wanting to admit it). When it comes to human/vampire romance I think different rules work for it because a writer creates a whole new world there. You should try to watch the show and see what you think, also I recommend you to read books first, because when it comes to characterization (espectially characters of Eric, Sookie and some supporting characters) books are clearly superiour imo

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top