Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #212: A WORLD OF NO.

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Brining this from the previous thread:

Quote:
My friend Steph can't stand the idea of DE and loved CB a lot longer than I could tolerate them, Tamara hates BL and JP, you hate Katherine Pierce... and yet I like you all a lot and I love reading your posts. Seriously, if we're going to dislike/be angry at someone for hating a freaking tv character or ship, we really need to get lives outside of fandoms.
So do I, I love reading posts of people that can voice their opinion being mature and respectful to other posters. I think that tv is made exactly for that: for people to love, hate, agree and disagree on things, but in the end it is all just a fun game. That is why sometimes I don't understand how can some people hate on a poster because of the opposite opinion, but thankfully, in this thread it is a rare thing since we have awesom e mods here.

And lol I don't even hate Katherine with passion, but she is definitely not my cup of tea There are female characters that I just can't tolerate (it includes BTVS Faith and Katie Fitch from Skins) and Kat happened to be one of them. But I am aware of her popularity in fandom and I love reading posts about her either positive or negative.

Quote:
I loved the idea of Jack/Kate after watching the first 3 or so episodes of Lost. Thank God I never kept watching to see them become that trainwreck.
You where VERY lucky to never see the trainwreck that Lost turned into. This show ended up being SOOOO stupid Just the fact that nothing meant nothing & mysteries didn't matter and they all where meant to find their soulmates in Jack's wet dead dream/purtagory (yeah, I know how does it sound for someone who didn't see it ) already makes me regret of time that I've spent on this show. But ironically, this show holds one of my OTP's, same goes for Skins, and no matter that this two shows I have the most issues with, I'm greatful for having those couples in my OTP list.

Quote:
Sometimes things get heated, but generally it's such a great atmosphere here. So weird given that it's supposed to be a "negative" thread.

And word on therapy part. Voicing your opinion on something fictional in a partial and impassioned manner really helps for some reason
This so much

Phoebe (Charmed)/Not ending up single It doesn't have anythign to do with my shipping preferences at all, since I never actually shipped her with anyone handcore. I like Cole and I like Coop (yeah, both of them) more than her other love interests, and I would have been ok with seeing her in a relationship with any of them in the end of the show, but IMO, her getting a married & with children ending goes completely against her character developement and her SL on later seasons. I thought that the story line of her getting obsessed with being a wife & mommy and even losing her powers because of that (= basically losing her own personality, something that made her undividual and unique) was a hint that she is meant to grow more mature and realize that her life is complete even without a husband and kids. It would have been a logical and a very natural ending for her character. The actual ending she got came completely out of left feel and looked forced.

+ and as always in the beginning of every thread, my hate list. You couples are nothing but a pathetic excuse for romance/story telling. That includes:

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione "romance" in the movies
Bill/Sookie
Cook/Effy
Stefan/Elena
Tyler/Caroline
Matt/Caroline
Buffy/Angel post season 3
Angel/Cordelia romance
Wesley/Fred
Wesley/Life
Thomas/Pandora

GTFO, please.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitandimyours (View Post)
Jack/Kate I will never ever understand why they lasted longer than one season.
They didn't. They lasted for about 20 minutes of one episode. The rest of the series they pretty much ignored each other and chose other people/missions to focus on.

Oh, then there was that time they were reunited in Jack's dead-zone, and Jack finally remembered her after feeling up dead daddy's coffin. Yeah. I guess that counts.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt!
Whenever you start a thread, I feel like not mentioning Jate would be somehow odd , so
Kate/Jack

Quote:
You where VERY lucky to never see the trainwreck that Lost turned into. This show ended up being SOOOO stupid Just the fact that nothing meant nothing & mysteries didn't matter and they all where meant to find their soulmates in Jack's wet dead dream/purtagory (yeah, I know how does it sound for someone who didn't see it ) already makes me regret of time that I've spent on this show.
This!
You were lucky indeed Caro to give up on time. Shipping preferences aside, the show as a whole was a major let down and ended making zero sense. As Mary explained, they had 3489357034758475 mysteries, philosophical and religious references and whatnots that in the end amounted to nothing. Even the writers themselves admit that those were there for basically nothing.

Quote:
I was reading a pro CB fans review just to see what they think and while I respect this person I don't understand how someone could compare C's anger in 4.20 to someone breaking a diss when mad. C's was about to hurt her but he hit the glass, and it cut her face. Blair had to lie about it and don't get me started on how the writers said Blair's cut was dainty.
Yeah, I know how you feel. I respect the CB fanbase as whole and even really specifically respect a lot of them individually and think their opinions are very valid, but some things I just can't see the way they do.

For the writers on the other hand, I have no respect. Their explanations make no sense to me whatsoever (the kissing bandit?!? the dark romantic hero?!?) and I find them condersending and offensive to the viewers' native intelligence.

On that account, I'm copypasting from the previous thread:
CB/abuse is totally not abuse when it's CB
GG writers/giving interviews

Other then the fact CB apparently have their own standards, where what was clearly mental, emotional and eventually physical abuse does not count like that when it's them, there was also that lovely part about Blair not being afraid for herself but for Chuck when he was "venting his rage". WTH? Have these people ever been in a room with someone violently hitting things in their close proximity? The first impulse is fear for yourself. No matter how much you love the person and no matter how much you understand that violent impulses are part of human nature and that certain event may trigger them to come out. And it this case the glass actually hurt her, yet she still was presumably not afraid? Is it supposed to make CB more ~epic? Is it supposed to make Blair a more selfless/understanding person if she is presumably thinking about Chuck first at that moment? Because it makes her more of a battered-wife type.
Oh, and not to mention, no matter what they think they've told Leighton to portray Blair like, she, logically, portrayed her as scared.

Ugh, I've never been more annoyed by an interview.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Chuck/Blair
Finn/Rachel
Stefan/Elena
Buffy/Riley
Old 06-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

New thread so give my full list of hate:

Stefan/Elena ~ Both great individually, but together they suck each other down. Elena is so badass and individual on her own, and Stefan is somewhat interesting. However, together Stefan treats Elena in the most appauling way, and not even that... they are so boring together. It takes away the excitement sometimes of the rest of the show. Like, for me at least, if I'm completely bored out my head, once the boredom should subside, it's hard to because I still have the feelings there.

Buffy/Riley ~ Pretty much the same about them as with SE. I actually don't like S4 of BtVS that much because of this suckfest.

Peyton/Lucas ~ This couple is a complete joke. They are made up of lies and cheating: Peyton betraying her supposed BFF and Lucas being pulled down because of it. They are boring and annoying. They do not equal an ~epic love, just because Peyton cries and decides she will “let” Lucas be happy with Lindsey after acting like a total bitch to Lindsey, whom may I add was a stranger to her before she found out she was dating Lucas. Peyton is selfish, and doesn’t deserve love or a happy ending. This is one of the most stupid end games ever because it’s everything I despise about couples.

Matt/Caroline ~ Caroline deserves better than to be made to feel insecure because of this idiot.

Bonnie/Damon ~ Wait... they exist as a ship? Oh, they don’t, my bad.

Freddie/Effy ~ It pains me and annoys me how much Freddie acted inferior around Effy. Effy always felt she wasn’t good enough around him which made it hard to take this pairing seriously.

Harry/Ginny ~ Cringe-worthy in the movies with the actors’ lack of chemistry and boring and cliché in the books.

Sawyer/Kate ~ Kate ALWAYS picked Jack over him, slept with Sawyer because of her jealousy at seeing Jack with Juliet or because she thought Sawyer was going to die. The love was so one-sided on Sawyer’s part as well, which made it cringe-worthy and made me feel sorry for Sawyer who deserved better than being used. Oh yes, they were so romantic.

Sawyer/Juliet ~ Hard to ship a couple when one of the occupants is insecure throughout the relationship.

Chuck/Blair ~ Yet ANOTHER one of these awful pairings in which the girl is made to feel insecure because of the guy who thinks he’s superior.

Bill/Sookie ~ Cringe-worthy is the only explanation for them.

Julian/Brooke ~ Brooke is annoying and bossy, and Julian makes her insecure. See a pattern here? It’s sad that all the majority of these pairings make their partner feel this way.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
They didn't. They lasted for about 20 minutes of one episode. The rest of the series they pretty much ignored each other and chose other people/missions to focus on.

Oh, then there was that time they were reunited in Jack's dead-zone, and Jack finally remembered her after feeling up dead daddy's coffin. Yeah. I guess that counts.
But didn't you know that when a guy is so busy with self pity and a "poor me, saint Jacko!" attitude when he is ALIVE, it is nice to give him a shot in death (!) where he can yell/blame a woman he "loves" (the one who earlier, in life, left him dying alone with a dog and escaped with another man) forever and ever. And of course Kate has to be innocent of all her crimes to we worth of saint Jacksus, but even that isn't enough. She is still an untrustworthy whore, since even in death she still pines for Sawyer

Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
But didn't you know that when a guy is so busy with self pity and a "poor me, saint Jacko!" attitude when he is ALIVE, it is nice to give him a shot in death (!) where he can yell/blame a woman he "loves" (the one who earlier, in life, left him dying alone with a dog and escaped with another man) forever and ever. And of course Kate has to be innocent of all her crimes to we worth of saint Jacksus, but even that isn't enough. She is still an untrustworthy whore, since even in death she still pines for Sawyer
True. And sadly, I do secretly pine for my couple to have their flashes of remembrance while elbow-deep in bloody afterbirth and feeling up a coffin.

Could Kack have been any more morbid?!

Old 06-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
She is still an untrustworthy whore, since even in death she still pines for Sawyer
Oh but that's okay, Jack's used to Kate pining for Sawyer

Remember that scene when Kate was telling him that she was doing something for him and Jack's head just EXPLODED and he started making epic Jackfaces, all the while getting in her face and yelling at her and Kate's then like, GTFO.

Quote:
Kack is so morbid it's almost necrophiliac. See 316.

You lost your son (that's ZOMG NOT EVEN RELATED TO YOU), Jacko thinks, okay time to sex it up nao.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No, it's impossible

Quote:
Remember that scene when Kate was telling him that she was doing something for him and Jack's head just EXPLODED and he started making epic Jackfaces, all the while getting in her face and yelling at her and Kate's then like, GTFO.
Yeah, true, Jacksus is used to Kate letting her engagement with him fall apart because of her loyalty to Sawyer and he is also used to seeing SK naked in each other's arms, so it's totally fine

Anyway, time for TVD hate:

Bonnie/Damon
Tyler/Caroline

I don't understand both to be honest. DB are not even close to happening, thank you very much, and TC is the most forced pairing ever.

Damon feels nothing but an apathy for Bonnie. Bonnie feels nothign but a hate for Damon. And no, it is not the love/hate relationship that can grow into a hot romance eventually. No! My theory is that the romance is either there or not there from the start. You can deny it, you can not admit it, you can even not realize it yourself, but attraction can be there and then you start feeling it's force. When the attraction or at least a connection isn't there from the start a couple cannot work. There are plenty examples of it Harry/Hermione, Sawyer/Juliet, Angel/Cordelia, all of them should have never been romantic couples, goddamn. But with Damon/Bonnie they cannot even be friends because they humiliate each other.

As for Tyler/Caroline, they are a designed couple. And I don't go for this types of couples. From the point where their "connection" started I already knew the writers are planning to do something with them and most likely make them endgame, forcing more and more scenes on them. I just cannot like such couple. Plus, I don't like Tyler. Why am I supposed to like him? He was completely irrelevent in S1, then we where introduced to his whole drama, Caroline risks her life to help him, he abuses her physically and emotionally, gets her friends into a trap, stands there when they & Caroline are about to be killed, then leaves the town, comes back, bites Damon, lies naked on the porch, the end. Forced to the bones. WHAT am I supposed to like there?!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Amber/ebony
There was a time I thought I somewhat enjoyed their dynamic, but a minor re-watch (I like only reminded myself or two or three scenes yesterday) changed my mind.

I hate how ebony got to be an absolute bitch to Amber 99% of the time they've known each other, yet I was supposed to feel for her side of the story as well.

Because, you know, Amber ended up having a relationship with two guys poor misunderstood ebsi wanted. And the second time around she even shared a one-second-long kiss with Jay while he was involved with ebony. Surely, a horrible betrayal like that clearly makes her the villain of the story. Because Amber sure pre-mediated the whole thing. Except that she didn't. It was a mistake, but a spare-of-the moment one, not aimed at causing pain to anyone. And she like totally didn't feel guilty about it. She just put on a guilty face so that she could appear good. While no one was around. She also apologized to poor ebsi about having feelings for her boyfriend in order to keep up the appearances. And she like totally sabotaged their relationship afterwards. With her mere existence/presence she cunningly lured Jay into wanting to spend time with her and break up with his girlfriend. What a sneaky bitch! Especially after ebsi was so sweet to her all along and she totally owned the sweet ebby for a lot of things.

Like few years/seasons/whatever ago, when Bray was with Amber ebony merely burst into the place they lived in, blackmailed Amber and everybody else with Bray's life in order to get the antidote and in the end kidnapped Bray whom she was "in love" with. But that was another instance of ebsi's niceness, because she and her psycho bully followers saved Amber, Bray and the rest of the Mall Rats from fire Tribe Circus set. You know, if you see a person being bullied in the street, scare away their bully and then proceed to bully the person yourself, the person totally owns you gratitude.

Or like the time when Amber was kidnapped while being pregnant, and wonderful ebony found out who is behind the kidnapping, but instead of telling everybody else, she prolonged Amber's imprisonment while manipulating the kidnapper for her own ends, thankful to have Amber out of her way, so she could take on her role in the elections and eventually the leadership of the city. Making herself look like a hero when she eventually did help Amber out from her imprisonment, once she was done setting everything up. And then shortly afterwards the amazing ebony banished Amber, just about to give birth, from the city because she called her out on all the corruption that went around the elections (for which, if I remember correctly, she even ended up faking the results. even though she put up a dirty campaign worthy of any corrupt politician that would have already manipulated city enough to actually be crazy enough to vote for an ex-tyrant who used to chase them through the streets with a sadistic boyfriend for some fun).

I'm sure ebsi was very conflicted and/or sorry about her actions somewhere deep down. It's just that her actions/words/facials never quite showed it. Because she is not fake like Amber to actually feel guilty about hurting people and apologize to them. ebby did something much more admirable. When she encountered Amber few months (or whatever, TT is atrocious with their timeline, I have no idea how their time correlates to real time) after the banishment, she actually came around to accuse/bully her. Because in addition to getting herself banished by questioning the ways of great ebony, Amber actually managed to get herself kidnapped and experimented on by the new psycho tribe invading the city. The psycho invading tribe that became ebony's new allies.

After all that kindness on ebby's part (well actually that is not even all the kindness she displayed. there was more. I'm just to lazy to type), how could Amber dare not treat her and her relationship with Jay with the utmost respect? She offered the epic couple a refuge while on the run (where she could have rightfully left them to fend for themselves after everything she's been through thanks to ebony and Jay's tribe), but that was only because she like so totally had a crush on Jay and wanted to torment the poor ebony by flirting with her boyfriend in front of her very own poor misunderstood eyes. Eyes that during her whole bloody stay at Eco Camp looked down on the people who were helping her, though they had zero of a reason to be doing it.

ebony/Jay

Epic wuv at it's best. They met, they flirted a little, they started having sex. Then Ram got in a way and they were turned into a tragic wuv story, though I personally wasn't buying the wuv part. I am not opposites attract person in general, but I can be convinced otherwise by some couples (looking at you Blair/Dan and Jackie/Hyde). Not when two people put up an act in front of each other in order for the other to like them (ebony dreamed of country life? had great admiration for humanistic dreams that she lived to destroy the previous three seasons and that she continued to when Jay wasn't looking? give me a break) and when every fight brings out how disgusted the people really are with each others worldviews and actions (how many times did the in the by-the-way manner expressed their disgust with what the other believed in and did). However, the thing that bugged me the most about these two was that right after they once again established ebony as a calculated Machiavellist in the late s3, they turned her into a heroine of a love story and expected the viewers to root for her and feel sorry for her. No, thanks.

ebony/Bray
She had to scheme, manipulate and seduce him in order to get his attention. And even with all that, it didn't last for long. And that was only before the virus came. Once it did, taking with it adults, law and order, she took on another methods to get his attention. Like kidnapping him or trying to kill/lie out of the city/frame murder on girls he actually liked.

ebony/making me so mad that I want to capitalize non-entities such as Bray and Jay, just because they don't deserve the same amount of disrespect

ebony/making me so angry that I can't focus on the lovely Jate hate
Old 06-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Oh My the LOST hate is reminding me of this LAME movie I watched on the Local Old channel here where I live, It was called Stairway to Heaven" and I tell you the premise of it reminded me SO much of LOST that It made me wonder if Darlton had been watching it when dreaming up the Joke that LOST was, anyway Set in the 1940s During world war ll a man ends up crashing a fighter jet on a a strange island, then ends up going through a sort of flash forward, flash backs, flash sideways Only to find out he was Dead the whole time *shakes head* Sound a Bit familiar? *laughs* I had to throw that one out there

as far as my OTFS go
speaking of FRIENDS Love in the Couples of the Moment thread I HAVE to go back to my
Happy Endings/Life hate, That show is just so retarded it's almost comical But what irks me the most is how the critics kept saying "Oh It's BETTER then FRIENDS, Its this generations FRIENDS" Bla bla bla I hate to break it to the Critics and the shows big wigs but it will NEVER add up to being HALF as good as FRIENDS ever was.
and my other OTFS
Will and Elizabeth
Grissom and Sara
Ted and Zoey
Ted and Robin
Barney and Nora
Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love this title. Buffy has the best lines.

I haven't hated on Chuck/Blair since the finale.

It makes me sad that GG will always go back to them.

I never liked them. Mostly cause I never liked Chuck.
The way they are being portrayed as the epic couple is disgusting.

It's an abusive relationship that needs to end.

Most of all it has turned Blair into such a pathetic character.

I've pretty much given up on GG. Not planning to watch next season.

Dair were the only thing that got me watching again and I don't feel like the writers care about them. After the way they were pushed aside for Chair in the last few episodes.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Tamara, I swear, for someone who doesn't watch the show or know anything about those characters, I'm too much enjoying your Ebony hate

Quote:
ebony/making me so angry that I can't focus on the lovely Jate hate

And you just reminded me about how I should focus on hating one "couple" I haven't been hating for so long.

Thomas/Pandora it is so impressive that out of ALL the Skins couples that where written well, had great relatable stories and good chemistry, this one got a well deserved total endgame. Because see, they did everything they could to deserve it. Things they did to deserve it: 1) - double cheating; 2)- double break up; 3) - double reunion without working out any issues, one of which happened in the last 5 minutes of WTF final when it was hard to even care about this characters existing; 4) Him suddenly figuring out he can run like a dog and her figuring out she is a genius, even though she couldn't tell the difference between Harry Potter and English classic.

Those are 4 elements a couple needs to have to get an endgame on Skins. And if your characters have it, you may not even bother adding a single romantic on screen scene to their story. And Lisa & Merve stunning chemistry greatly proves how sometimes you don't even need such scenes. That is just so romantic I think I'm gonna choke with tears and sniffles.

/sarcasm

Old 06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Tamara, I swear, for someone who doesn't watch the show or know anything about those characters, I'm too much enjoying your Ebony hate
Thanks
I hate that creature so much I wouldn't even wish her on Jacko . Even he is too good for her.

And for you TP rants being back. Especially love the last paragraph
Closed Thread   Post New Thread