Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #204: Will you please break them up already?

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples
Old 05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 05-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Chuck/Blair
Jacob/Nessie
Nate/Jenny
Rory/Logan
Rory/Dean
Chris/Lorelai
Faith/Angel
Alex/Izzie

Pretty much top, top least favorite couples.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

EDWARD/BELLA
HARRY/GINNY

Ultimate fails of all time.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

double-post.
and ignoring them just makes me a coward?"

Last edited by Joella; 05-02-2011 at 01:09 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Lucas/Peyton - They become worse people around each other. Still can't believe they were endgame.
Nathan/Haley - SO annoying and DULL.
Serena/Nate - Zero romantic chemistry, makes no sense and they become boring people around each other.
Vanessa/Life - Every time I see her face on my screen, I cringe. She's ALWAYS out to destroy other people's lives and she ALWAYS steal other people's boyfriends. Sorry, wrong word, MANIPULATES other people's boyfriends.
Finn/Quinn - I still find it weird that he got back together with the girl who slept with his best friend, got pregnant and lied to Finn that it was his. He somehow managed to forgive her for that, but has a really hard time forgiving Rachel for kissing Puck.
Lauren/Puck - Lauren annoys me so much. She makes Puck annoying as well, and he's never been annoying to me before.
Will/Holly Holiday - Gwyneth Paltrow on Glee was fun the first time. Not the fifth time. Her character was just too overused. Or well, Gwyneth was.
Spencer/Toby - Well, I can't say I dislike them just yet, I might just go to liking them but I just find it irritating that Spencer was the person who was the most against Toby and truly believed he was Allison's killer. The whole S/T storyline feels very forced...I would've bought it if it had been maybe next season. But it went too fast between Spencer hating Toby to loving him.
Aria/Ezra - He's her high school teacher. She's much younger than him. He could not only lose his job if anyone finds out, he'll also GO TO PRISON. I can't blame Aria, she's young and there's no consequences for her legally. BUT Ezra is the adult. I understand he's in love now, but he should've ended it LONG ago, the second he saw Aria was in his class. I really have zero respect for Ezra. Also, their relationship seem really boring. All they ever do is eat chinese takeout and talk about how hard it is to never go out in public together. It doesn't really seem like a romantic relationship....
Harry/Ginny - Came from ABSOLUTE NOWHERE. She went from being a little sister to him to suddenly being everything. From one day to the next.
Jacob/Renesmeé - Need I say anything?
and ignoring them just makes me a coward?"
Old 05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Chuck/Blair Went from loving them to loathing them
Spike/Buffy Outstanding characters apart. Didnt get it then, dont get it now
Stefan/Elena Because even Edward and Bella had more personality
Jacob/Nessie I dont even have words to describe this .....
Connor/Cordelia See Nessie/Jacob comments
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Caro

In honor of the title, new thread, and just cuz it's my usual ranting..

stefan/Elena: Will you PLEASE break them up already!!???? And have them stay apart for more than two eps!! Actually idk.. cuz then we'd get the hiatus.. and the return would be all about how they'll get back together.. hmmm.. nevermind i'm reconsidering

but i still want it to DIAF
Old 05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Stefan/Elena This title was made for them.
Damon/Bonnie
Jeremy/Bonne
Elijah/Elena
Matt/Caroline
Tyler/Caroline

Bonnie/Life

Why couldn't she just die?

Buffy/Angel
Buffy/Riley
Spike/Dru
Willow/Kennedy
Willow/Xander
Connor/Cordy
Wes/Fred
Gunn/Fred

Fred/Life

Willow/Life

Xander/Life

Giles/Life

Chuck/Blair
Dan/Serena

Vanessa/Life

Chuck/Life

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 05-02-2011 at 01:37 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Damon/Elena
Elena/Damon

Selfishness at its best.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Damon/Elena -

I accept and understand that our past informs our present. I understand that a father loving you only second-best can instill feelings of inferiority. I understand that the betrayals and lies of a woman you once loved can make you distrustful. I also understand that people don't exist in a vacuum; people evolve, for better or for worse. I also understand that sometimes people employ Psych 101 bull**** to excuse their own childish and self-involved behavior because they don't want to own their ****. You always have a choice, and the best ones are usually the hardest. Not that Damon would know. The man mistakes confessing his love to a girl and then erasing her memory (a huge violation) and leaving her with the emotional memory for shouldering his own burden. He mistakes creating a mess that other people have to clean up (trying to assassinate an ally, failing, which in turn forces someone to do the deed by stabbing herself in the damn gut) for getting things done. He mistakes saying things that are true with being honest. Damon doesn't respect Elena's right to make her own decisions; he allows her to make unimportant ones. He's proven that plenty of times this season. Once things get heavy he will manhandle and dominate her, try to force her to submit to his choices. He will kidnap her. He will wipe her memory. He will force his blood down her throat. He would willingly make her into a vampire, a threat to her brother and best friend. And it wasn't to protect her life, Damon doesn't respect life. Not Jeremy's, or Vicki's, or Bonnie's, or anyone else. Elena's value as an individual is solely in her value to Damon, as far as he's concerned. It doesn't matter that Elena is a 17 year old human girl and an active member of her community with two wonderful best friends and little brother she loves more than anyone (even her aunt and uncle/bio dad, even more than her boyfriend and his brother who is in love with her), with her whole life ahead of her. Because the only part of that last sentence that means anything to Damon is the bolded part. So how can I ship them knowing that? Knowing that even though he "loves" her he will still try to kill her brother, right in front of her, as she begs him to stop? Elena is respectful of other people's feelings and choices. When she learned about the curse she made her own plans; she didn't try to stop the others'. She understood. She asked them to stop and respect her choice, but she never interfered. Because she understands they care about her, she understands their reasons. Elena is a very caring person; she's also trustworthy, brave, considerate and clever. Damon? God above, I'm supposed to be moved by the fact that he didn't kill Andie! Oh sure, he mauled her and threw her to the ground, but hey! It ain't murder, am I right? Are the writers serious?! When you have to employ the spousal abuse defense (he shouldn't have done it, it was wrong, and it hurt her, but he loves her) with one of your characters then, um, no: I will not ship him with Elena.

And here's the other really disturbing thing: Damon has laid some pretty broad compulsions on Andie - the usual: no fear, love me, blah blah. Those compulsions remove her self-preservation - witness the very human Andie waltzing into an apartment with Katherine, a vicious vampire bitch, that is also occupied by the most feared vampire of all time, just because Damon wanted her too! - and make Andie 'willing' to do anything to please Damon as she now believes he is the love of her life. Take the no fear compulsion away and does Andie stay with Damon? Or does she wake up on a pillow soaked in her blood and haul butt out of the house, like poor Caroline tried to do once? Andie will have sex with Damon because Andie is "in love" with Damon because he told her to be. But now take away both broad compulsions and what? How is Damon not raping Andie? How was Damon not raping Caroline every time they had sex after he compelled her not to fear him? If Stefan does something that causes Elena to end their relationship and she chooses Damon, but Stefan gets jealous and compels her to love him again and they resume their relationship - including sex - that seriously isn't rape? I DON'T WANT ELENA WITH DAMON! I like the girl; why would I want to subject her to the guy that makes Chuck Bass look restrained?

You know what? Forget just Damon/Elena. How about Damon/Anyone Ever.

Last edited by Black_Betty; 05-02-2011 at 01:40 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Stefan/Elena
Stefan/Caroline
(more than as friends)
Matt/Caroline
Jeremy/Bonnie
Finn/Rachel
Puck/Rachel
Puck/Lauren
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRiver (View Post)
Damon/Elena
Elena/Damon

Selfishness at its best.
Preach.

Damon Salvatore/Life
Matt Donavon/Life
Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Stefan/Elena This title was made for them.
Right isn't it? I can't stop thinking about them when I see that title

Also Elijha/Elena : Seriously, I'm not even sure I should mention them because I do not think they even have a reason to exist, or will ever have a reason to exist.
I just don't see it... Elijha wants to help Elena because he wants to kill Klaus, Elena wants Elijha's help because he's an original and knows better how to kill Klaus than anyone else and it stops there. Other than that, well he wanted to kill her from the beginning, then she killed him because he was ready to kill everyone she loved because Damon didn't respect "their" contract, meaning Elijha/Elena's contract. Damon never accepted that contract, he never said he would do whatever Elijha told him to do, moreover Elijha didn't mind if Elena died so of course Damon wouldn't accpet but that's another story.
Not to mention that Elijha killed Trevor and probably many other people we don't know of because he just arrived on the show. He doesn't believe in love so we can't know who he compelled or not to do whatever he want. I love his mysterious side, and I love this type of character, but I don't see any connection to Elena except for trying to kill each other and trying to kill Klaus now (not to mention that he doesn't really care if she dies in the process. He gave her an elixir, it might work... Or it might not... It's ok anyway for him)
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt!

In the "honour" of a paper I should have already begun writing but I haven't, because my procastrinating has become alarming:
Minna Harker/Jonathan Harker
Jane Eyre/Mr Rocherster

Elizabeth-Bennet-like conformism-in-disguise women and their socially desirable marriages
Lucy Westenra/the hypocritical men from Dracula who "love" her only when she is properly virginal and maternal
The minute she appears to have stepped out of the desirable model, demonize and eliminate her
Closed Thread   Post New Thread