Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Couples You Dislike #189: Yeah.. but no. Definitely no.

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples
Old 03-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Bringing my last post over just cuz my hatred needs to be on this thread too

I don't ship SK or SC.. my stefan dislike is too big, so i can't ship him with someone as amazing as Caroline.. and I'm in the minority, but I'm not big on Kat either.. so SK ... i guess i should convenience ship them but i've never been good at that

and well obvs.. SE falls in the same category.. i love Elena to bits, and don't like stefan so... at least SK & SC are a lot more interesting than SE.. i'll give them that.. the writers seem to make stefan come alive more when he's around them

also..

Damon/bonnie
matt/Caroline
Bill/Sookie
Brooke/Lucas
Ted/Robin
annie/Liam

i'm not in a huge ranting mood so I won't post all my OTFs
Old 03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Matt/Caroline
Stefan/Caroline
(more than friends)
Stefan/Elena
Effy/Freddie
Lucas/Peyton
Old 03-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!

Bill/Sookie
Kack
Stefan/Elena
Harry/Ginny
Angel/Buffy (S3 +)
Dan/Serena
Chuck/Blair
Lucas/Peyton
Old 03-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! Loving the title btw.

Ok, my hate:

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione (as more than friends)
Bill/Sookie
Stefan/Elena
Buffy/Angel post season 3
Buffy/Riley
Cook/Effy
Freddie/Katie
Effy/Katie "friendship"
Thomas/Pandora
Wesley/Fred
Wesley/Life

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Damon/Elena
Stefan/Elena
Stefan/Caroline
Matt/Caroline

Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Brooke/Lucas
even though apparently 'everyone' agrees that they had chemistry, I've never seen it. I was always bored to death by their scenes and their story. It couldn't have been more obvious how the whole triangle was going to turn out and since I couldn't stand any of the characters in the triangle, it was a waste of 5 seasons they could have been doing more interesting SL's instead of the same old same old season after season(back when OTH actually knew how to come up with interesting SL's, that is).
Old 03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt!

This title demands a shout out to my usual un-beloved ones:
Kate/Jack
Brooke/Lucas
Peyton/Jake
Izzie/George
Buffy/Riley
Old 03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

I actually find it hillarious how Jack is supposed to be Kate's twu wuv after seeing how they actually HAD a chance (off-island, when Sawyer was not around, which is already pathetic) and they FAILED it. Why? Because Kate was too loyal to Sawyer and she was ready to sacrifice her relationship with Jack to keep her promise to Sawyer. And Jack went into drinking (something he wasn't able to do on island) and yelling in Kate's face (something he had done plenty of times on island) and this is basically the highlight of Kack relationship

Old 03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary1591 (View Post)
TFTNT

Bringing my last post over just cuz my hatred needs to be on this thread too

I don't ship SK or SC.. my stefan dislike is too big, so i can't ship him with someone as amazing as Caroline.. and I'm in the minority, but I'm not big on Kat either.. so SK ... i guess i should convenience ship them but i've never been good at that

and well obvs.. SE falls in the same category.. i love Elena to bits, and don't like stefan so... at least SK & SC are a lot more interesting than SE.. i'll give them that.. the writers seem to make stefan come alive more when he's around them
Yeah I hate Stefan too much to ship him with anybody

Quote:
also..

Damon/bonnie
matt/Caroline
Bill/Sookie
Ted/Robin

i'm not in a huge ranting mood so I won't post all my OTFs
I don't watch OTH or 90210 but ITA with the rest! They are all terrible

+

Nate/ Serena, shallow couple is shallow Couldn't believe for a minute that Serena genuinely loved him. They were boring to watch and I hope the show never goes there again
Nate/ Vanessa
Vanessa/ life, please just go away
Chuck/ Blair mid s3 +

Matty/ Franky
, it seems all very one-sided to me and Franky's going to get hurt

Freddie/ Effy, no substance or true connection whatsoever, nor even a proper conversation, but how epic are those angsty stares?

Thomas/ Pandora, of all gen 2 characters/ couples to get a resolution, it's these two? They kept cheating on each other and treating each other badly, they didn't even seem to enjoy each other's company. They had no chemistry and their scenes were flat and awkward and boring. Yet they're going to Harvard on scholarships... together! how romantic! I just.. don't even
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

My two usual OTF's:

Luke/Reid (As The World Turns)
Horrible. Absolutely horrible. What I find the most hilarious about them is that Holden and Lilly said watching the two of them together was like watching a chess match. UM CHESS MATCHES ARE BORING!!!! And when were they ever together outside of the hospital? NEVER! Luke even said so himself that he never got to do anything with Reid that he wanted to as a couple. He never even brought him to the farm/pond. And my major one, Luke's family hated him. How does THAT make for a good couple if your family doesnt even like your supposde twu wuv foreva?

Jack/Gwen (Torchwood)
Why? Because they just dont go together. Gwen's too much of a talker, she likes talking about things and she likes it when things are out in the opened. She's also very pushy when she doesnt get her own way. Jack's way too closed off to want to be in a relationship with her. Her mothering would drive him absolutely crazy. Plus they often forget that the other has real legit flaws and is human. Especially Gwen with Jack. I think her love for Jack is more of a love for a superhero. She cant accept that he makes mistakes. (Adrift being one of them.) She took one look at Flat Holm and only saw the bad of it, and didnt even stop to think that maybe Jack was doing everything he could for those people. How does that make them a good couple when they dont even understand each other?

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I actually find it hillarious how Jack is supposed to be Kate's twu wuv after seeing how they actually HAD a chance (off-island, when Sawyer was not around, which is already pathetic) and they FAILED it. Why? Because Kate was too loyal to Sawyer and she was ready to sacrifice her relationship with Jack to keep her promise to Sawyer. And Jack went into drinking (something he wasn't able to do on island) and yelling in Kate's face (something he had done plenty of times on island) and this is basically the highlight of Kack relationship
That's so true and sad. That was the one and only time they were actually together and it ended in the very same episode. They really are the most ridiculous/pathetic 'otp' ever.

Edward/Bella
Finn/Rachel

visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was reading through the last thread and I just want to post a reminder...

Please don't talk about other shippers. Just stick to what you know and feel about a couple and not what you "know" other people think about them. In a thread like this (and Couples of the Moment), where it's a general discussion and seen by all fans, it's just not good to talk about how you think other shippers/anti-shippers feel.

Thank you!

Oh and TFTNT!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione
Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet

Old 03-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thomas/ Pandora, of all gen 2 characters/ couples to get a resolution, it's these two? They kept cheating on each other and treating each other badly, they didn't even seem to enjoy each other's company. They had no chemistry and their scenes were flat and awkward and boring. Yet they're going to Harvard on scholarships... together! how romantic! I just.. don't even
THIS SO MUCH.

TP where not only a joke and a fail as a romantic couple (a double cheating thing), but they also wouldn't work as friends either since, as you've mentioned, they never even enjoyed each other's company. It was obviouse that this two seemed to find each other completely unattractive since they prefered to have sex with other people They never even wanted each other. And their "epic" reunions? "Sorry Thomas, I slept with another guy who is hotter/more experienced than you behind your back for a long long time without feeling any guilty" - "Sorry, Panda, I slept with some chick, but it's ok, since you did the same". That's just... I can't even Seemed like the writers where in love with the idea of this two because look, they both are so sweet and innocent, of course they have to be a couple! But they never worked as a couple AT ALL. Closer to the ending of the series they where so screwed that only a miracle could put them back together (though... where they ever REALLY together?) and this miracle was them both getting scholarships for Harvard How pathetic it is that Skins ruined so many amazing pairings and yet they gave this nonsense a happy ending. Bravo, Skins

Closed Thread   Post New Thread