Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #188: Welcome to Barf-Fest 2011!!!, starring...

Rules:
► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

The usual Kack.

Oh, but Kate missed him sooooo much!!

Sure, I believe that. I mean, what's not to miss? He treated her like such a princess!

More often than not, Jack was screaming in her face or looking at her like he wanted to bash her head in, and Kate always ended up in tears. If THIS is the sort of kack that I'm supposed to believe she "missed so much"...?

Sorry, writers.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Alex/Lexi (Grey's Anatomy) : Seriously, I don't even understand how it can happen (again)????? WTF? He treats her like ****, and doesn't love her, she just wants to have sex with him and is still in love with Mark. So what's the point about that except to make everyone suffer?????
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

YAY for Kack bashing! TFTNT

And may I just post here my rant about a couple that means as much to me as Kack does to you, Kat

Cook/Effy Dear writers, could you at least search for a least cliched and stereotypical way to write a wuv story? So yes, this bad guy/player/drinker was asking for a signal and then she showed up and wiped the blood out of his face saying it is "sweet". First cliche is fulfilled. And this is not just a random first meeting, the writers tried to sell us this an the beginning of an epic love story. A guy has sex with her and not only her, then when a girl shows some interest in his best friend, a guy suddenly and for no believable reason starts playing tortured and offended as if him sleeping with her was something more to him than a part of his usual womanizing life style. Another cliche is fulfilled. Because what teen drama would it be without making a womanizer realize that for true he is a sensitive puppy desperate for wuv and two best friends falling for one girl? Since this day a classic James Cook dies and James whiny bitch Cook gets born (a teenage version of Jimmy La Flear 2.0) with lines like "Cookie needs love" (I'm not even joking, this is the exact line from the show) and "It's you and me, it's always gonna be you and me". He keeps pining for this girl who not only doesn't love him and rejected him time and time and TIME again (her most epic reject was not even voiced, it was her being left unsatisfied by sex with Cook, the only thing their so-called relationship held on, and going for his best friend to make a REAL sex with him in the woods WHILE COOK WAS WATCHING And honestly it seems like a de ja vu, since I immediately think about kack and Jack Shephard watching Sawyer and Kate making love in the cages) but who also doesn't even want him. Ironically, out of all the girls Cook happened to **** Effy showed the least interest in him. It all ends with Cook trying (AGAIN!) to hook up with Effy, but she rejects him (AGAIN!) even being unwell, sick and insane. Even in that state she rejected him and asked him to take her to Freddie, his best friend, a guy she really loved. In the last episode we see Cook, this former excentric player/bad guy falling down at his knees and weeping, because he still wuvs Effy so much. Dear writers, thank you so much for destroying one of my favourite characters and my favourite friendship on the show

Quote:
Word I still like both girls moreso Kelly than Brenda. Brenda was a little to whiny but not with Dylan ruined a good friendship they had. I liked Dylan more as a character than a love interest.

Oh, ITA, I also liked them both, but Kelly a bit (if not a lot) more. However, their relationships with Dylan don't look as epic anymore as it used to when I watched this show as a kid.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by mary ksand; 03-06-2011 at 09:57 AM
Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!

My usuals

Bill/Sookie
Jack/Kate
Angel/Buffy (S3 +)
Dan/Serena
Chuck/Blair
Harry/Ginny
Lucas/Peyton
Stefan/Elena
Jeff/Britta (More than friends)
Old 03-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Usuals:

Stefan/Elena:
Damon/Bonnie: Most wtf pairing ever
Sawyer/Juliet: Second most wtf pairing ever
Freddie/Effy: Most cliched and cheesy couple of Skins. I'm supposed to believe this couple is the it couple? lol
Lucas/Peyton: and they bring out the worst in each other
Peyton/Life: Whiny and the writers tried to shove her problems down our throats because she was the 'damsel in distress' and everything she did wrong had an answer to it.
Nathan/Haley:
Julian/Brooke: all they have is sex
Chuck/Blair: No Chuck Blair is a HUMAN BEING not a chair.
Nick/Liv: Nothing there but betrayal
Matty/Liv:
Liv/Life: so annoying
Harry/Ginny: see above
Old 03-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Effy/Freddie
Lucas/Peyton

A boy meets a girl. He becomes obsessed with her, she rejects him (and he loves that). The boy dates with another girl. And suddenly, the girl is interested in him. And we're supposed to believe that this story is epic? Epic fail, yes.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys!

Chloe/Oliver Mostly I can't stand Chloe, but I also think they have zero chemistry.Usually I like couples that come out of nowhere or are unexpected, bust I think this ship makes no sense at all, and it's done only to please a portion of the fans.

Chuck/Blair I used to love them, and even though i felt like Chuck has been an a*s to her, I still wanted them to happen. Then Blair and Dan appeared and I was finally able to let go of them.

Emily/Paige I love Emily, and I don't think I'm ever gonna be okay shipping her with someone who tried to drown her. It's a shame becuase I love Lindsey Shaw, but just no.

ParkerHardison
Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whenimwithyou (View Post)
Hey guys!

Chuck/Blair I used to love them, and even though i felt like Chuck has been an a*s to her, I still wanted them to happen. Then Blair and Dan appeared and I was finally able to let go of them.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm in The Tribe mood, so:
trudy/bray
trudy/Martin
trudy/jay
trudy/Life

ebony/bray
ebony/Lex
ebony/jay
ebony/Life

Zandra/Lex
Siva/Lex
Amber/sasha
Amber/bray

Ah, I'm currently in an off phase of my obsession with this cheesy show and I am still disturbingly passionate about it

ETA
Quote:
Oh, ITA, I also liked them both, but Kelly a bit (if not a lot) more. However, their relationships with Dylan don't look as epic anymore as it used to when I watched this show as a kid.
I kinda agree with the two of you on that one. Initially, I loved Brenda and hated Kelly, but during my re-watch while I liked (in an unattached manner) both girls, I felt more sympathy for Kelly.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Freddie/Effy - How am I supposed to dislike a couple where one of them was murdered? The show killed them for me - if it had been Cook though, I would not have been happy.

Brooke/Lucas - I may not like Brooke S7-8 but I adored her in the earlier seasons and watching her beg for Lucas to put her first for once wasn't a happy sight. She deserved better than somebody in love with her best friend.

Damon/Elena - They bore me.

Annie/Liam - Liam's been reduced to nothing but an Annie prop.

Dan/Serena - He judges her, she can't be herself with him. In fact the only one Serena's ever had a healthy relationship with is Carter and they sent him off never to be seen again for a stupid over in a flash triangle with Dan and Nate. Now she's dating/was dating the ex-con whose sister tried to ruin her life. I love S, she's the only reason I continue watching the show, but does she have to date every single guest star? Really, show? You do that to your lead? It could be worse, I suppose, she could be Jenny - sent off to god knows where never to be seen again.

Chuck/Blair - Disturbing now.

Dan/Blair - I don't hate them on the show and I ship them AU but I know the shows going to ruin them, the way they did ever other pairing. I've got a weird feeling, even if Serena's okay with DB dating, that Blair's insecurity about Serena and coming second to her is just going to be too much of a temptation to play with for the writers'. I really don't want to watch that. So, this is more of a temporary dislike until the writers' work out what they're doing with them and I can breathe easy that they're not going to be ruined for me
Old 03-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Twilight/existence

Ron/Lavender
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione
Snape/Lily

Naomi/Emily
Cook/Effy

Tony/Michelle
Tony/Tea

Dan/not Blair
Blair/not Dan
Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

My usual OTF's

!!!!!!!!!!!!!LUKE/REID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack/Gwen
Gwen Cooper/Life
Buffy/Angel
Lucas/Peyton
Stefan/Elena
Stefan/Caroline as more than friends
Harry/Hermione as more than friends
Brian/Michael as more than friends
Harry/Ginny
Jack/Kate
James/Juliet
Twilight/Existence

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
Brooke/Lucas - I may not like Brooke S7-8 but I adored her in the earlier seasons and watching her beg for Lucas to put her first for once wasn't a happy sight. She deserved better than somebody in love with her best friend.
Their relationship in a nutshell. And since you like Brooke, you put it a lot more nicely than I ever could.

And though I love Dair, I kinda share your fear about what the GG writers might do to them .
Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Finn/Rachel
Will/Emma
Artie/Brittany

Closed Thread   Post New Thread