Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Couples You Dislike #186: DO NOT WANT

Rules:
► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples
anarchist cat owner.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Reposting from the previous thread:

Harry/Ginny WORST COUPLE EVER. Not only it's so stupid how she was his 10 years old fangirl and kept fangirling over him for years and years, but when they got together it totally came out of nowhere and he only started noticing her when she became a mary sue/bitch and all the boys started drooling over her. It basically gives young girls a massege: keep stalking for celebrities! One day one of them may notice you and marry you!

But ok, I could have accepted even that was it written properly. But it wasn't. It is not JKR quality of writing. This pairing ruined the series and Harry's character who according to book 6 was completely ok with this red head popular girl insulting her sister in law or doing other sneaky stuff. From an awesome character that Harry was he turned into a Ginny's bitch. Also, the most dumb moment for them happened in book 7. Actually, there where two dumb moments in that book: Harry is going on his LIFE-DANGEROUS journey and the ONLY thing Ginny is worried about is him not meeting some cute Vella alone his way *no interaction during the whole damn book* second moment: Ginny's brother dies and Harry, instead of comforting her, goes to chat with his dead principal's portrait and to fix his wand and to have a sandwich in his room.

EPIC couple is EPIC!

Cook/Effy probably the most forced and nonsensical pairing on Skins. We are supposed to believe that this 17 years old womanizer/player who ***** a new chick every day can suddenly and for no believable reason fall for one of them right after she shows some interest in his best friend? We are supposed to believe that he is ready to ruin his friendship with Freddie who was his only family for the girl who not only never loved him, but never really wanted him either (even when Effy was sleeping with Cook she still kept pining for Freddie and it ended with her being left unsatisfied by sex with Cook and finally going for Freddie to feel something real. And ironically, out of all the chicks Cook happened to bangle, Effy showed the least interest in him even as in a sexual partner). We are supposed to believe that from an excentric rich character Cook can magically turn into an annoying and cliched parody on hollywood lover with dumb lines like "Cookie needs love too", "It's you and me, it's always gonna be you and me!" and "It means I still love you". All of that looked completely forced and unrealistic, the laziest writing and the easiest way to create some "drama". Way to screw a great character and a great friendship, writers!

And to add to this... I get that the writers where trying to sell the idea of these two being soulmates and understanding each other so well, but I'm sorry, I don't see it that way. "Get out. Freddie get him out" - is not understanding. Not able to tell that a girl you clam to love lost her memory is also not too much of an understanding. Having something in common doesn't make you soulmates or a perfect couple. And this rule perfectly sums my other OTF:

Wesley/Fred

Spike/Drusilla I've already said what I think about them. Never appealed to me even a little. Like with Wesley/Fred and Cook/Effy, I don't get how living a similar life-style or having something in common makes you a perfect couple. I need a challenge to ship a couple and this type of couples never have any. They are too simple and predictable and the writers try to make them cool and angsty, but they always end up being stereotypical and boring, IMO. Just imo...

Spike/Fred
Angel/Fred
Spike/Illiriya
Fred/Anyone but Gunn

Wesley/LIFE!

Doyle/Death the dumbest thing ever done by ATS. Since his death the show was never the same and was only going downhill, imo.

And of course:

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Buffy/Riley
Buffy/Angel post season 3
Bill/Sookie
Stefan/Elena
Harry/Hermione
Thomas/Pandora
Twilight/Life

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Eli/Clare
Sean/Emma
Craig/Manny
Craig/Ellie
Jude/Tommy
Simon/Alisha
Mini/Nick
Old 02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!

My usuals

Buffy/Angel (S3 +)
Dan/Serena
Bill/Sookie
Stefan/Elena
Jack/Kate
Harry/Ginny
Lucas/Peyton
Jeff/Britta (More than friends)
Old 02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Stefan/ Elena
Stefan/ Caroline
Matt/ Caroline
Damon/ Katherine
Damon/ Bonnie

Last edited by arakha; 02-24-2011 at 06:54 PM
Old 02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Matt/Caroline- Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! He is and will always be such a douche... up until the kiss scene in this episode he has been awful to her.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

DO NOT WANT THREE EPISODES IN A ROW WITHOUT DE GOING INTO A HIATUS WITH NO DE IN THE PROMO.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know!

We didn't even get any of them tonight.

Stefan/Elena

Matt/Caroline

Jeremy/Bonnie

Bonnie/Life

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Harry/Ginny

When an imature 10 ! years old girl sees a famous boy and has a crush on him at first sight - it is twu wuv! When a guy completely ignores a girl for 6 ! years of visiting her parents every single summer - it is twu wuv! When two people suddenly hook up for no believable reason, because a girl becomes a mary sue and all the boys start drolling over her - it IS twu wuv! When a guy goes on a life-dangerous journey and the only thing his girl cares about is him not meeting some cute Vella alone his way - it is twu wuv! When a girl has to deal with the death of her brother and a guy goes to chat with his pals and to fix his wand and to eat a sandwich in his room instead of comforting her - it is twu wuv!

And finally when two characters have such a stunning chemistry IT IS TWU WUV!

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Elijah/still dead
Matt/life
Matt/Caroline
Jeremy/Bonnie
Alaric/Jenna
- Isobel is back, goodbye Jenna.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Matt/Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videl-Chan (View Post)
Elijah/still dead
IKR!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Matt/Caroline- He treats her like absolute crap. She's always the one who pursues him and makes grand gestures, while he ignores her or insults her. She deserves someone so much better than him.

Matt/Life- He is the Derek Shepard of TVD. I know I'm suppose to see him as this dreamy guy, but he is really just a giant douche. I really wish he would have stayed dead tonight.

Magnus and Alec
Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Nice use of an insult of Derek I approve!

Again, all the couples of Glee. Glee and Grey's Anatomy, dude. Two shows where they have managed to find inventive ways to make me hate literally every pairing.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

stefan/Elena: stop making out!! 24/7!! that's all i see you two do!!

matt/Caroline: matt oh matt how i hate thee!

TVD/LIFE! Ugh 3rd episode with no DE!! THIRD!!?? FFS! Seriously!??

Damon/Katherine: eff you Katherine.. save your precious stefan why don't you.. of course, everyone loves stefan salvatore
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

stefan/Elena: Still hating them.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread