Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Couples You Dislike #178: True love? OTP? Meant to be? Ummmm, don't think so.

Rules:
- No bashing real life people or other shippers
- No baiting and no defending
- Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples

Continue!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the new thread!

Been watching TVD, soooo...

Stefan/Elena
Damon/Elena

another case of a triangle where I don't even understand why these guys would fight over her. I don't hate Elena, but she's rather bland and as far as Stefan/Elena goes, it was ~love at first sight which I completely don't believe in at all, and for Damon/Elena I don't see anything amazing about their so called "build up".

Matt/Caroline
sigh they were actually my first ship on this show, but I can't stand Matt anymore. Shame.

Jeremy/Bonnie
they make me sad. I need my Jeremy/Anna back.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Chuck/Blair
Nate/Serena
Dan/Vanessa
Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Edward/Bella
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione
Jake/Peyton
Tony/Michelle
Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glee/Bringing in Guest Star after Guest Star - Pleeeeeeeeease stop!!!! Please please. If they are guest spot that actually means something to the plot, fine. But stop with the "We wanted blah blah on the show, so we wrote them a part!"

Finn/Rachel
Will/Emma
Artie/Tina

Old 01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Passionate Fan

KC/Jenna

^ Even MuchMusic hates them! I really want to like them, but ugh, they are just so stupid together.

Eli/Clare Please writers, give them a break.
Sav/Anya
J.T./Mia

Jude/Tommy
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Simon/Alisha - This isn't so much bashing and disliking as it's more of a personal complaint. They're hot, I simply love the idea of this pairing and they're great onscreen but I'm disappointed with the way they were 'developed'. It feels like they rushed things and Alisha is in love with him basically because he said she would be in the future... That was a little (?) lame. Still have to watch episodes 2x06 and 2x07, so who knows, maybe they'll work around that. But I honestly doubt they can fix the development of this couple 'cause well, that already 'happened' as far as I can see. Sucks though 'cause I actually wanted to be able to appreciate them.

Glee/Winning the Golden Globe for best comedy. WTF? Nothing to say about this. Seriously.

Finn/Rachel
Jack/Kate
LaFleur/Juliet
Lost/Ultimately sucking
Edward/Bella
Harry/Hermione
Joey/Rachel
Cordy/Angel
Duncan/Veronica
Cate/Ryan
Spike/Buffy
Willow/Kennedy

Quote:
Finn/Rachel
Will/Emma
Artie/Tina
Oh yes, Artie/Tina! He was always suck a jerk to her imo. And I don't generally dislike Artie but that pairing ruined him a bit for me.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Cook/Effy nonsensial, hollywood like, cliched like hell. When a womanizer suddenly falls for some chick for no believable reason and starts whining over her for two seasons it looks completely unrealistic and forced. WHY does he love her? WHEN did he fall in love with her? When she tasted his blood and said it's sweet, I suppose She chose his best friend over him hundreds times during the show and Cook's obsession over Effy was a giant waste of his potential. In fact, this pairing was the worst thing that ever happened to Cook's troubled life.

If these two get an endgame in the movie it will be the most pathetic endgame ever, because it will show that CE can only happen when Freddie is out of the picture. Not to mention that hooking up with your dead best friend's love is DISGUSTING.

Freddie/Katie
Effy/Katie "friendship" just LOL. I will never buy them as bff's.
Thomas/Pandora do I really need to eaplain this one?
Skins S4 final/Life

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by mary ksand; 01-16-2011 at 10:57 PM
Old 01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon/Elena
Jacob/Bella
Danny/Mary
Chuck/Blair
Nate/Serena

Nate Archibald
: Ok, Nate may be extremely hot, because well... he just is But he is the single most boring character I have ever had the displeasure of watching. BLAND AS A BRICK

Jacob Black/Life: No explanation needed He is pretty much a plague set forth to annoy and disgust the heck out of me
Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Nate Archibald: Ok, Nate may be extremely hot, because well... he just is But he is the single most boring character I have ever had the displeasure of watching. BLAND AS A BRICK
Yes! Nate is one of my most hated characters!! And I used to really like him. But now I cannot stand him.

Nate/Serena
Nate/Blair
Nate/Vanessa
Nate/Jenny
Nate/Anyone
Old 01-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Bill/ Sookie
Stefan/ Elena
Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Copying my rant from the old thread.

Harry/Ginny - No buildup whatsoever, Ginny became a total Mary Sue and her relationship with him made her a weak and pathetic bitch. His "love" for her is the most random and out of nowhere thing I've ever come across in my life. I love JKR, but I can't believe she had the balls to label them as soulmates. NO NO NO.

Ron/Hermione - I didn't see sexual tension 98% of the time, what I saw were two incompatible people who brought out the worst in each other and drove each other crazy because they were so ill-suited. They reminded me of a bickering brother and sister, they treated each other like s**t a lot of the time. The idea of them lasting to marriage and children is utterly laughable. Five words - DIVORCE COURT AFTER ONE WEEK.

Glee/Life - The most overrated and ridiculous show in the history of the world, please f *** off.

And adding...

Award shows/Constantly snubbing Hugh Laurie - Please stop nominating Hugh when you're never going to have him win, it's just cruel. I always feel so bad for him and he deserves so much more than what he gets.

Last edited by tender looks; 01-17-2011 at 02:29 AM
Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Stefan/Elena
Lucas/Peyton

Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakha (View Post)
Bill/ Sookie
Stefan/ Elena
I agree

For some reason I never go for couples that are disighned as the main couple of the show from the very start. I always find them incredibly boring and see no challenge there. Obviously that writers consider them epic and OTP, but I just find them annoying because of how simple and cliched they are:

Stefan/Elena
Jack/Kate
Buffy/Angel
Bill/Sookie
Cook/Effy
Harry/Hermione in the movies
(obviously movie directors try to sell them as the main pairing of the series )

Quote:
Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Stefan/Elena
ITA

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 01-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Award shows/Constantly snubbing Hugh Laurie - Please stop nominating Hugh when you're never going to have him win, it's just cruel. I always feel so bad for him and he deserves so much more than what he gets
Totally agree And I don't even watch Dexter but I guess the same could be said of Michael C Hall, he's always there too, and nothing
Old 01-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakha (View Post)
Bill/ Sookie
Stefan/ Elena
ohgod, Hate them. Specially Bill/Sookie. One of the most disturbing, disgusting pairings ever If Sookie takes him back in S4..
Closed Thread   Post New Thread