Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

Couples You Dislike #177: Eternally shaking our heads in disbelief

Rules:
- No bashing real life people or other shippers
- No baiting and no defending
- Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples

Edward/Bella
Lucas/Peyton
Harry/Ginny
Rory/Logan
Kate/Sawyer
Kate/Jack
Tim/Lyla

ok I have to talk about Tim/Lyla...just...WHAT EVEN. Not only did they cheat, they cheated on their boyfriend/best friend who had just been PARALYZED? I just....

Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Dan/Serena
Dan/Blair

Old 01-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Damon/Bonnie
Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dan/Anyone Besides Nate
Nate/ Anyone Besides Dan

They belong together darn it, they both jump in and out of relationships on a flip of a dime, so why not throw them together.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
ok I have to talk about Tim/Lyla...just...WHAT EVEN. Not only did they cheat, they cheated on their boyfriend/best friend who had just been PARALYZED? I just....
So much hate.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Harry/Ginny
Ron/Hermione

Rowling, I love you and your books are epically amazing, but you SUCK at romance.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Well, here I go:

Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliet
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione (as more than friends)
Wesley/Fred
Wesley/Lilah
Wesley/Life
Angel/Buffy
Angel/Cordy (as more than friends)
Angel/Eve
Cordy/Connor
Cook/Effy
Freddie/Katie
Thomas/Pandora
JJ/Lara
Jacob/Nessie
Luna/Rolf
Neville/Hannah
HP Epiloge/Life
Lost final/Life

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Harry/Ginny... how did this happen?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't know that I HATE anything on FNL, but Tim/Lyla and Landry/Tyra come the closest (well, there's also Matt/Car-LOW-ta, but that was so stupid it doesn't really warrant a mention). And it's not because I'm a Tim/Tyra fan- I like the actors' chemistry, but I'm fine with them being friends. My only OTPs are Eric/Tami and Matt/Julie. With Tim/Lyla, I find the characters completely incompatible, I'm less than impressed with the idea of a love story blooming out of a sleazy affair that screwed over a nice guy in a wheelchair (and don't even get me started on Lyla's "I MADE ONE MISTAKE" martyr act- no, Lyla. Forgetting Street's birthday would have been a mistake. Tim did not trip and fall into your vagina. This was a deliberate act, and one that you committed numerous times), and I don't think Taylor and Minka make good acting partners. It's not even that they lack chemistry, it's that their ACTING is weird when they're together, especially on Minka's side. Landry/Tyra is irritating because EVERYTHING has to be Tyra's fault, as if in compensation for her being the hot girl while Landry is the geek. Not one problem they ever had was written to be Landry's fault. It was ALL put on Tyra. Tyra's mean to him. Tyra doesn't appreciate him. Poor Landry is the giving tree. Extremely freaking frustrating when Tyra is the character you're more invested in prior to this nightmare of a relationship, as she was with me. It reminded me of Meredith/George, where everything that went down got put on her as if he was not a grown-ass man making his own choices.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

Reposting from the previous thread...

Quote:
Jate. So many things come to mind when you hear that word. Emotional abuse, psichological terror, unhealthy relationship, worst couple in tv-history, etc, etc... But the main thing, the thing that always comes to mind when you hear "jate" is epic fail.

Jack/Kate so great that no other couple on tv will be able to become this much of a fail.
Word. Worst pairing to ever disgrace tv screen.

Quote:
Sawyer/Juliet: I wanted Sawyer to be happy and I like Juliet but they really had no chemistry and it was obvious (until the finale that is) that he was still hung up on Kate (and I say this as someone who considers herself both a Skater and Jater, as in I like both ships).
Thank you! After that finale one had to wonder if we were all watching the same show for 6 years.

Logan/Parker & Veronica/Piz: Rebound much? Logan was visibly trying too hard and Veronica only gave Piz a chance because he was such a 'nice guy'.

Those two were clearly not suited for each other. Piz was, as he called himself, a 'lover not a fighter', while Veronica... Yeah, we all know how much of a lover that girl was.

Although I seriously doubt they would've been together for more than a couple of episodes after TBIB, had the show not been canceled of course, it still sucks that it was left to interpretation and technically they could be considered 'endgame'.

Oh, yeah that reminds me...

CW/Life

I'll never get over the fact that VM got canceled so early while shows like OTH and Smallville get like, 100000+ seasons.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Chuck/Blair (gossip girl) forced couple, very unhealthy ..
Chuck Bass/Life (gossip girl), worst character ever, OVERRATED.
Jack/Kate (Lost)
Sawyer/Juliet (Lost)
Mouth/Life (One Tree Hill)
Maya/Emily (Pretty Little Liars)
Veronica/Logan (Veronica Mars)
Damon/Elena (the Vampire Diaries)

Nada || LJ || Tumblr
Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carraboo (View Post)

Tim/Lyla

THIS. What they have is so shallow and selfish. Getting it on wasn't the answer for their problems and it certainly didn't help Jason after such a terrible thing.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
TFTNT!

Reposting from the previous thread...
Quote:
Jate. So many things come to mind when you hear that word. Emotional abuse, psichological terror, unhealthy relationship, worst couple in tv-history, etc, etc... But the main thing, the thing that always comes to mind when you hear "jate" is epic fail.

Jack/Kate so great that no other couple on tv will be able to become this much of a fail.
Word. Worst pairing to ever disgrace tv screen.
One thing we can be thankful for is that we didn't really have to endure much of Kack over the course of the series. Which, ironically, is what made them so laughable and unrealistic in the end. Because at what point were we supposed to buy Jack and Kate being each others Twu Wuvs? At what point did they ever bother to try & work on their issues? At what point did they ever learn to trust one another? At what point did they ever offer their own lives for each other?

That's the only "positive" to Kack - they were largely (by comparison to real, compelling and well-written OTPs) non-existent. More often than not, Jack and Kate were separated (where Kate was usually to be found with her tongue planted on Sawyer's chest), pissed off/crying at each other, or flat-out ignoring each other. The level of total apathy between the Kack pairing hit new lows, and appropriately found them on many, many "Worst Of" lists over the years.

And then during their few weeks/months "together" off the Island, we were mercifully spared any detail. They appropriately ignored each other for 2+ years, and after that, we didn't have to endure the Hows and Whys of them getting together. We DEFINITELY didn't have to endure any intimate or sexual scenes between them. Seeing Kack getting horizontal? Having to watch Kate choke on Jack's mass amounts of chest hair? There's not enough brain bleach in the world to scrub that garbage out of heads, and the mere suggestion would surely have caused brain aneurysms worldwide.

So we really should be thanking Darlton for that. They may have retconned the series and botched up the entire project in the end, they may have turned their pet project into a universal laughingstock in the end, but at least they didn't torture us with any detailed Kack sex scenes!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's the only "positive" to Kack - they were largely (by comparison to real, compelling and well-written OTPs) non-existent. More often than not, Jack and Kate were separated (where Kate was usually to be found with her tongue planted on Sawyer's chest), pissed off/crying at each other, or flat-out ignoring each other. The level of total apathy between the Kack pairing hit new lows, and appropriately found them on many, many "Worst Of" lists over the years.

But that's the main reason why SO many words come to my mind when I hear "Jate". Couples with no story-line, characters that barely interacted during the series or where just too wrong for each other to at least work as friends, characters that had absolutely no sexual chemistry, characters that where clearly better off away from each other - all of that is Kack. Kack represents what it actually is for a couple to be a fail. Young writers should study the history of Kack in universities if they wanna learn how NOT to write romance.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Kack represents what it actually is for a couple to be a fail. Young writers should study the history of Kack in universities if they wanna learn how NOT to write romance.
FTW!!!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread