Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Couples You Dislike #175 - Please just get off my screen. F o r e v e r

Rules:

- No bashing real life people or other shippers
- No baiting and no defending
- Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples

Quote:
Chuck/Blair

Unhealthiest relationship ever? Completely destroyed, no chemistry, horrible storyline, makes Blair look extremely pathetic etc. I can't believe this is the couple I used to like so much.
In total agreement. They've made Blair so weak - Chuck has treated her like crap for seasons and I'm so over it. I heard they talked about their piano hate-sex on Good Morning America because it exploits women ...I think their entire relationship is like that and the piano sex was just full of laughs.

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 12-16-2010 at 02:38 PM
Old 12-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Court! Love the title. Shouldn't it be #175 though? lol

[Re-posting from the previous thread...]

Quote:
Sawyer/Juliet

So, so, so awful. Incredibly OOC and a prime example of extremely lazy writing. Destroyed the Sawyer character. Destroyed the J/K/S triangle by not writing a proper, effing ending. After 6 years, didn't the fans deserve that?! Ugh. Epic fail. I do ship Jate and not S/K but c'mon - putting Sawyer with Juliet was just the easy way out for the writers. All that history for Sawyer/Kate, all those moments they shared were completely ignored in the finale like they never happened.
Word.

Quote:
Yes, but he wants it to be KATE who holds up the MIRROR so he can look at HIMSELF.

Therefore, Kate is his twu wuv.

Or something.

Quote:
But don't you realize? Everything he did was for her own good. It made her realize that she can't stand strong on her own two feet, but rather, she needs to defer to a man to make her worthy and valuable and good.

All those times he snarled in her face, or whenever he verbally b!tch-slapped her until she broke down & cried, or those times he flat out ignored her whenever she displeased him, even as she was simpering at his feet, begging for his forgiveness? It was for her own good!!

When he ignored and abandoned her to raise his nephew for 2 1/2 + years because he couldn't whip his own pathetic, tiresome, tear-filled daddy-issues inner moppet into shape? For her own good!!

When he sneered in her face, s***ting on her relationship w/Aaron and Sawyer's sacrifice for them all, including his own worthless, narcissistic carcass? For her own good!!

And when he strolled out her door, abandoning her again, deciding he'd rather be a weak-a$$ loser and go drown himself in booze & pills? You got it. FOR HER OWN GOOD!! Because he wanted her to have a good and happy life, one that he himself could never have, since it was just too hard to even try, and apparently Kate & Aaron weren't worth even the tiniest effort.

Good grief, what misery these two were to each other. Jack was right, at least in one thing: Enough of it was (misery). So much so that blowing himself up in order to forget all about her? Was the best idea he could come up with.
So much word. Kack is the most unhealthy pairing on tv history. No other couple can compete with that level of misery and apathy.

Jack/Life. Most pathetic, nauseating excuse for a hero. The guy was extremely self absorbed, selfish and a huge control freak. I don't think he ever truly loved Kate, 'cause seriously, I don't think Jack even understood what real love actually meant. For him it was all just about proving his father wrong, being on control and having someone to obsess over.
Anyone remember Sara, his ex-wife? And how he let their marriage crash and burn, only to start stalking her after she was happy with someone else? (Not to mention the fact that he married her pretty much because he saved her life) Or Achara, who he forced to tattoo him and tell him all her secrets even though they knew each other for like, a couple of weeks or something? Or, finally, Kate. Who he treated like his inferior 99% of the time, who he let feel responsible for stuff that wasn't her fault just to 'punish' her for not following his orders, who he bossed around day and night, who he never chose over his own self involvement/daddy issues/destiny etc, and who he had no problem in leaving for his own drug addict selfish reasons...

Sawyer/Juliet LOLz forever. Those two are the biggest joke at 'endgame couples' land.

Also:
Finn/Rachel
Cate/Ryan

^ Imo, both women worship more than love the guys and feel like they're not 'worthy' of the perfect men.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Oops changing it right now!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Lucas/Peyton
Brooke/Julian
Peyton/Life
Nate/Serena
Dan/Vanessa
Vanessa/Life
Chris/Lorelai
Puck/Rachel
Santana/Life
Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Chuck/Blair (gossip girl); every scene in this season feels so forced, even the cloths matching thing and the similar scenes they're all forced ..
Chuck Bass/Life (gossip girl), worst character ever, I don't get why he's still popular, he sold his girlfriend for a hotel .. he's the WORST ..
Jack/Kate (Lost)
Sawyer/Juliet (Lost)
Mouth/Life (One Tree Hill)
Maya/Emily (Pretty Little Liars)
Veronica/Logan (Veronica Mars)
Damon/Elena (the Vampire Diaries) don't see the appeal .. and when did he start loving Elena, he was obsessed with Kathrine and then all of sudden he love Elena .. ?

Nada || LJ || Tumblr
Old 12-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damon/Elena (the Vampire Diaries) don't see the appeal .. and when did he start loving Elena, he was obsessed with Kathrine and then all of sudden he love Elena .. ?
They really don't make sense. One moment, he's telling Katherine if she'll have him, he'll be with her forever, the next everyone and their mother (literally) keeps mentioning his big love for Elena. I think I missed the part where he stopped being in love with Katherine and actually fell in love with Elena the girl. Not Elena the obsession who looks like the woman he mooned over for a 100+ years. The show is really unclear on that part - and for a good show, it's a let down.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)

In total agreement. They've made Blair so weak - Chuck has treated her like crap for seasons and I'm so over it. I heard they talked about their piano hate-sex on Good Morning America because it exploits women ...I think their entire relationship is like that and the piano sex was just full of laughs.
IA. I loathe Chuck as a character now, he's completely disrespectful and degrades Blair, the supposed 'love of his life'. Their dynamic isn't ~oh so spesh, its hurtful and full of loathing, Blair becomes such a pathetic and masochistic woman with him and for the life of me, I don't understand why someone as awesome as her would waste her time on him. I've been saying this since s2, but seriously, run away Blair! And I know this is controversial, but I honestly feel like Chuck as a character kinda personifies the idea of rape culture, where sexualized violence against women is normalised...i mean look how the assaults of Jenny and Serena were treated and how he sold Blair out to his uncle for a hotel and that was basically swept under a rug. That is on top of his controlling behaviours which to me is emotionally abusive and its just written as ~oh look how screwed up he is, he needs love~. Ugh, their relationship goes against everything I stand for

PS. I looove your Andrew Garfield icon
Old 12-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

at the new title

Lois/life: I hate her.
Clois: this sums it up nicely.

Claudia
Old 12-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Dan/Serena
Dan/Blair
Dan/Anyone

Will/Emma
Artie/Brittany
Artie/Tina
Finn/Rachel

Old 12-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sam/Quinn- She openly admitted that she liked him because they could be ~popular together. He proposed to her after 2 weeks. Shallow blonde bro/sis combo together... no thanks.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidsy <3 (View Post)
IA. I loathe Chuck as a character now, he's completely disrespectful and degrades Blair, the supposed 'love of his life'. Their dynamic isn't ~oh so spesh, its hurtful and full of loathing, Blair becomes such a pathetic and masochistic woman with him and for the life of me, I don't understand why someone as awesome as her would waste her time on him. I've been saying this since s2, but seriously, run away Blair! And I know this is controversial, but I honestly feel like Chuck as a character kinda personifies the idea of rape culture, where sexualized violence against women is normalised...i mean look how the assaults of Jenny and Serena were treated and how he sold Blair out to his uncle for a hotel and that was basically swept under a rug. That is on top of his controlling behaviours which to me is emotionally abusive and its just written as ~oh look how screwed up he is, he needs love~. Ugh, their relationship goes against everything I stand for

PS. I looove your Andrew Garfield icon
I love this post because it's so absolutely true. Their relationship is EVERYTHING I'm against. And it seems like it would be everything Blair would be against too. Love does make everything simple - especially when your boyfriend SOLD YOU FOR SEX. I can't even believe that is a sentence I am typing about a couple the writers still put together. It's a total disgrace to women, her character, and people in general. Their relationship is emotionally and physically abusive. Blair does dishes - OMG, SO OOC! How about Blair allows herself to continually degraded by a man? That doesn't seem like something the Blair I love would allow. It's absolutely horrendous their relationship.

And thank you! Now he is my dream guy So angry he wasn't nominated for the SAG.

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 12-16-2010 at 05:41 PM
Old 12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Chuck/Blair
Nate/Serena
Dan/Vanessa
Harry/Ginny
Harry/Hermione
Edward/Bella
Old 12-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelly (View Post)
Sam/Quinn- She openly admitted that she liked him because they could be ~popular together. He proposed to her after 2 weeks. Shallow blonde bro/sis combo together... no thanks.
I like Sam/Quinn, but the whole promise ring/proposing thing made me lol so hard.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chuck and Jenny
My LJ
Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, I already posted this in another CYD thread, but I feel like hating on these epic fails couples again:

Harry/Ginny

"Harry/Ginny really are soulmates" - JKR

Soulmates... lets see:

She was about 10 when she first saw this famous little boy going to school together with her brother. She was curious, for sure, because he was Harry Potter, the boy who lived. It was all their interaction in book 1. In book 2 he first visits her family and of course she is interested in the boy who lived, because he is famous and now he is her brother's friend. Wow. So cool. A girl that always lived in the Burrow saw a celebrity. Big deal. In books 3-4 they don't even interact much, she keeps being his fangirl, but he also has plenty of other fangirls whom he completely ignores so as Ginny. He doesn't even have conversations with her. In book 5 Ginny seems to act more grown up and mature, she doesn't act like a fangirl anymore and she clearly moved on from him. These two share one little scene together and that's it. But wait! Wait, wait, wait! Don't you know that these two people are soulmates? Didn't you guess yet? Shame on you, people! In book 6 all of a sudden Harry falls in love with Ginny, because... because... because she becomes a Mary Sue is his soulmate! And we have so many moments, which prove it: they have no build up = soulmates! Their "love-story" is about two pages or less before he breaks up with her for her own good = soulmates! In book 7 she doesn't even care about him dying during his life-dangerous journey and the only thing she cares about is him not meeting some cute Vella = soulmates! During the whole book they barely interact in any way = soulmates!!! In the very end he doesn't even come to comfort her after her brother's horrible death, because he thinks that they will "have years in which to talk" = SOULMATES!!!

Still don't think that HG are soulmates? You think again!

Harry/Hermione as a romantic couple. Possible H/Hr romantic relationship:

"Harry, the voices you heared beyond the veil are not real! Doesn't matter that you really heared them, they are NOT REAL!" - "And Luna said she heared them too! It means they are real, 'cause we both heared them!" - "No, it only proves that they are not real, because she is insa... a little bit weird" - "Really? You mean, a little bit weird like me?!" - "I didn't say it, Harry... calm down or I'll have to talk to Ron about your mental state as we always do when you are not around" - "Well, go ahead! Go to Ron! Go talk to him! I saw Voldy coming back! Not you two, I did!" - "Oh, Harry..." (bursts into tears) - I'm Harry for 17 years! And you go to your Ron! Isn't it him you always wanted? Isn't he the one you wanted from the start!" - "No, no, Harry, I want you! Even when I say "Ron" when we make love I still want you! Even when I cry for the whole night because Ron is not here, I want you!" - "Whatever. Now can you please leave me alone so I will have a chance to think about how miserable my life is and how no one, except Luna, ever understands me?" - "Of course, Harry. Whatever you want, my Prince".

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread