Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Couples You Dislike #143: No! Never! Absolutely not! Not in a million years! No way José!

Rules:

No bashing of actors or shippers
Don't bait or defend.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

from the last thread

Quote:
ITA! Harry and Hermione as a couple would of been the absolute worst probably as exciting as trelawney's divination classes.
RIGHT! there would be no fire in their relationship, no passion, just flat and dull..
Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Leonard/Penny They've ruined the show for me and it was one of my favourite shows. Leonard only got interested because she is hot, as for her, it was a safe option because he seemed like the "good guy". I really hate what they did with them in the finale. Drunken hook up. Ugh. How many times will that happen again. They were broken up, had lovely friendship scene and now this. I wish it was back to four geeks and a girl, no romantic relationships whatsoever.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT

The title

Arthur/Gwen
- how do I even begin...
Old 06-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-grey (View Post)
The title
It's a Scrubs quote.

Best I could come up with.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Looking like you're going to throw up and then running away is just oh so romantic.
Jack's 'flashes' conveniently didn't include that part. Funny that they made it look like Kate was Jack's priority when she never was and vice versa. They cared so much about each other that they let everything fall to sht when they had a real chance. Besides, Kate left Jack to die on island. How can she claim to love him and still do that, I'll never understand... Oh. Right. I forgot. None of that matters because they meet again in church!heaven.

Quote:
Jack and Kate
-BORINGGGG. these two have no chemistry between them! that one sex scene between sawyer and kate bascially surpassed jack and kates chemistry throughout the entire tv show. oddly enough I did like sawyer with juliet but kate and jack, ughh.
Jack/Kate really had no chemistry together. I wonder if that's the reason why they never had a onscreen love scene. At least the writers spared us that vomit fest.

I agree about H/Hr, don't think they would've worked together. I always saw them as best friends, kinda like brother and sister so it's just too weird for me to picture that.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Word to whoever in the last thread said ALL the Glee ships. Yep. They ALL suck, lol. The Rachel ones seem so hotly contested, and I yet I think they ALL suck. And it's not because the characters suck. I like Rachel. Puck is cute. Finn is such a dumbass I find it endearing. I'm lukewarm on Jesse but other than the egging scene I don't hate him or anything. And yet I think Finn/Rachel (except their duets, I like those because Cory and Lea seem to have having such a good and goofy time when they do them), Jesse/Rachel, and Puck/Rachel are ALL lame. Puck/Quinn is also lame, because the writing for them is incredibly schizo.

Carrie/Aidan and Sawyer/Kate are others I've recently agreed with. And Joey Potter/life is the ultimate.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like some of the Glee couples but I have to agree they all suck in general, none of them are well written. lol

Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-grey (View Post)
Arthur/Gwen - how do I even begin...
I know what you mean. There's so much wrong with them and the way they were written it's unbelievable.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Re: Harry/Hermonie

Before I ever read the books, I knew there was a RHr v. HHr thing in the HP fandom and I had thought that I would probably be into HHr b/c the idea of a hero in love with his best gal pal seemed like something I might like. But then I read the books. HHr were written so unromantically that there is no way that I even considered shipping them as I was reading. I absolutely loved their friendship, but just because two people of the opposite sex are bffs doesn't mean that they have to be together. In fact, I love that JK never ever hinted at them being anything more than friends. It's so rare to see best friends of the opposite sex not tread into something more territory. The only mentions of them being something more were the few times people asked them if they were together, which was very realistic b/c I remember in high school if a boy and a girl were friends everyone would always ask "Are you guys dating?" or "Do you like each other?" And of course there was Ron's random, out of no where jealousy of them in the last book.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Sweets/Daisy: So ****ing annoying.
Booth/Brennan: overrated.
Hodgins/Angela: were ruined a few seasons ago with the most randomn break-up ever.

And I agree, I love H/Hr's bond but I could never picture them as a couple.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer09 (View Post)
Sweets/Daisy: So ****ing annoying.
Booth/Brennan: overrated.
Hodgins/Angela: were ruined with the most randomn break-up ever.

Hodgins/Angela were my Bones OTP but they've ruined them and I heard they are back together, got married but I couldn't care less after what they did to them in season 4.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Bones has gone downhill so much. It's a shame cause it used to be a really good show.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylo (View Post)
Re: Harry/Hermonie

Before I ever read the books, I knew there was a RHr v. HHr thing in the HP fandom and I had thought that I would probably be into HHr b/c the idea of a hero in love with his best gal pal seemed like something I might like. But then I read the books. HHr were written so unromantically that there is no way that I even considered shipping them as I was reading. I absolutely loved their friendship, but just because two people of the opposite sex are bffs doesn't mean that they have to be together. In fact, I love that JK never ever hinted at them being anything more than friends. It's so rare to see best friends of the opposite sex not tread into something more territory. The only mentions of them being something more were the few times people asked them if they were together, which was very realistic b/c I remember in high school if a boy and a girl were friends everyone would always ask "Are you guys dating?" or "Do you like each other?" And of course there was Ron's random, out of no where jealousy of them in the last book.
I didn't think his jealousy was out of nowhere. Ron has a lot of issues with him playing second fiddle to everyone else, he thought that the hero would get the girl and he would be stuck with an old hand-me-down.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Glee/Ships - I used to ship, but I don't find them likable anymore.
Jenny/Life - THANK YOU FOR SENDING HER TO HUDSON.
Dan/Serena - They should be DONE. They are so ruined. You can deny it all you want, but they're STEP SIBS. That's just wrong.
Clark/Lana
Secret Life of the American Teenager/Existence
- please cancel it, like NOW.

OTH/s8 - SERIOULY. Kill it now.