Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Couples That NEVER Should Have Gotten Together #6

This thread is dedicated to the couples that never should have been...either because they ruined the show/movie/book or you just wanted them to be with someone else or no one else. have fun...don't forget to say why!!

Rules for the thread:
1)No defending of your couple. This thread is here to discuss why you dont like/care for a certain couple. Not why you should like my couple. Its ok to say hey you disagree with them, but dont take it out of line.
2)NO Bashing on each other.
3) Try not to come on just to egg someone on. (example: Say a poster just came on to say why they didnt like Dick and Jane, a fellow posters sees that, who likes dick and jane, and decideds to come on and say how they really liked Dick with Jane and hated Dick with Lucy.) This rule kind of falls under the first one but Ive seen it were some just come on and keep putting the same couple over and over because they see a few talking bad about there couple. I dont want any small shipper wars started on here. Jen and I let this thread go through so you guys do have a place to vent off steam since we dont allow any anti threads.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

new thread! have fun!!

Ron/Hermione (HP)-I don't think i will ever understand this ship..i love ron but she was an annoying nag!

Harry/Ginny (HP)-Ginny annoyed me to no end....i didn't like her at all but i love harry!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 11-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting up the new thread.

Been watching friends so I might as well talk about it.

Never liked Tag and Rachel. Don't think they should of ever went out together.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

I need one of these over on the cartoon thread because most of the couples I didn't like together were from my younger years, watching anime. I'd list them here but I don't think anyone here would know what the heck I was talking about.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chase/Cameron

Don't know what was the point in that. She LOVES House :-)
sanna_o75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

^I have to agree

Ross and Rachel - I really wanted her with Joey
Sawyer and Kate - Still don´t know why they are together
Meredith and DerekOh, please, they shouldn´t be together...they finally have to move on!!
Lex and Lana - I also don´t know why they got together
LoVe-Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Ross/Rachel - no chemistry, didn't make a bit of sense together, will never last. She has more in common with Joey.
Grissom/Sara - Just Ick.
Pacey/Joey - he deserved better
Dawson/Joey - boring
Brandon/Kelly - he told her he thought of her as a sister
Jack/Sam - another creepy older guy/younger girl plus it was adultery
mondlerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Harry/Ginny - I know it's already been said so many times but...I just think it can't be said enough. They're horrible and make no sense. It's not just that I HATE Ginny SOOO much it's that when JKR put them together in book 6 it was almost like an insult to writers and storytelling for that matter. You can't just have your main character or any character for that matter go from not noticing someone at all in one second and the next second to dreaming and thinking about them all time. Sorry it doesn't work that way. Harry is a great character and very strong when he is with everyone except for Ginny. She turns Harry into such a weak character. And that might be what I hate the most about them. Ginny turns Harry (a character who I love) into a character I'm sorry I ever loved.

s w i n g e r of b i r c h e s
*tracy*
Mockingbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i completely agree....it will never be said enough! ginny was horribly annoying and she made him weak
Old 11-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Dylan/Kelly (90210) - He was the boyfriend of her best friend...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Harry and Ginny (Harry Potter Series):

When I first read Book 6, I really didn't mind them much. But after reading other people's insights, and after just finishing Book 7, I couldn't agree more with everyone who thinks they suck.

The only reason Harry ever liked her in the first place was because, apparently, she is very attractive. But a lot of guys liked her for that reason. Their was nothing special about Harry's feelings for her. They had no real connection and there was little to no substance in their relationship. I cannot tell you how sick I became of all the times Harry, or J.K. Rowling for that matter, stressed how "amazing" or "wonderful" or "beautiful" Ginny was. The only reason J.K worked her up so much was to give Harry a reason to like her. When were we ever shown how "amazing" Ginny was? She was always just Ron's little sister who idolized Harry as the "Boy Who Lived." Why couldn't J.K have gradually shown us what made Ginny so great, instead of telling us all at once and out of nowhere? And quite frankly, considering how popular Ginny randomly became, if Harry was just an ordinary wizard she probably wouldn't have even given him the time of day.

I would have actually liked to see Harry with Luna. I know she was weird, but at least they had a substancial connection and something in common. At least they could talk and confide in eachother about important stuff. Plus Harry mentioned several times they she was a nice looking girl (and the actress who plays her in the OOTP is very pretty).

Dylan and Kelly(90210):

They have to be the most forced couple in television history. The writers constantly tried to make them seem like 'soulmates," even though their relationship showed absolutely no signs of being one. Yeah, Dylan has some stupid hypnosis of Kelly being in his past life, and then some flashback when they were kids. Yeah, sure, that's alllll the proof we need. Never mind the fact that while Brenda was around they hardly ever understood eachother, their relationship was mainly physical, Dylan never turned to her for comfort when he was dealing with a difficult time, and Kelly was always so insecure and jealous. They showed none of the signs of being "soulmates." The writers just wrote in some random and contrived junk that made them appeal that way. It was ridiculous. The only reason they ended up together was because Shannen and Jason didn't want to come back for the last season.

Betty and Archie:

Since people have been bringing up couples in books, I thought I would bring up one from a very popular pop culture comic book that I am sure everyone knows about.

Obviously most people believe Betty and Archie are clearly better together, and that Archie needs to wisen up. But to be honest, Betty annoys me. Her feelings for Archie are feelings of unhealthy obsession, not love. She thinks it's true love because she's such an over the top romanitc. But Archie is constantly using her and she always lets him. I do think Archie loves Betty, but in a lot of stories his feelings for her are more on the platonic side. And even though Betty is everything most guys would want in a girl, the only way Archie will settle down with her is once Veronica is officially out of the picture. Speaking of which...

Veronica and Archie:

My opinion on this paring is probably pretty common. Everything Archie feels for Veronica is purely an out of control infactuation. He's drawn to her the same way all guys are. And while Veronica has become very attached to Archie, she has no problem using him and treating him like dirt. The only reason Veronica keeps pursuing Archie at all is because she doesn't want Betty to have him. And she assumes that in the end she'll always win. Archie is merely a prize in her and Betty's fued.

Craig and Manny(Degrassi):

Oh how I feel sorry for their fans. The writers obviously enjoy dragging them through the mud all the time. Truth be told, if they hadn't grown such a strong fanbase after the season three love triangle, they probably never would have bothered pursuing them again after Manny's pregnancy/abortion storyline was given closure. The fact is, they only ever reunite or interact again due to convenient circumstances, and the show is always trying to come up with new ways to make them look horrible. They are everything a relationship shouldn't be. I pity anyone who tries to make them seem amazing together.

Last edited by Virtue; 11-17-2007 at 07:31 PM
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I need one of these over on the cartoon thread because most of the couples I didn't like together were from my younger years, watching anime. I'd list them here but I don't think anyone here would know what the heck I was talking about.
That shouldnt stop you from letting it out. Someone may know who you are talking about and agree. This is the thread to let yout anger of a certain couple you dislike out.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Derek/Meredith (GA)- they are boring. It's always the same with them. Are they, aren't they. Then they are mad at each other...then horny again

Keith/Elliot (Scrubs)- He was soo annoying

Gabrielle/Victor (DH)

Addison/Kevin-I know they are not even a couple yet, but i just can't stand him

Tony/Neela (ER)
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHobbit (View Post)
Derek/Meredith (GA)- they are boring. It's always the same with them. Are they, aren't they. Then they are mad at each other...then horny again

Keith/Elliot (Scrubs)- He was soo annoying

Gabrielle/Victor (DH)

Addison/Kevin-I know they are not even a couple yet, but i just can't stand him

Tony/Neela (ER)
ITA

Sean and Emma (Degrassi)
Mac and Peyton (CSI NY)
Claire and West (Heroes) - She should choose Zach or Peter
Lex and Lana (Smallville)
Phoebe and Coop (Charmed)
Ava/Alex/Lexie thing!!! (Grey´s Anatomy)
George and Callie (Grey´s Anatomy)
Ross and Rachel (Friends)
LoVe-Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Craig/Manny(Degrassi)-I think their title "The ****s" kind of says it all.

Summer/Zach(The OC)-He makes no sense for Summer, she needs someone to challenge her. And he's so...blah.

Chuck/Blair(Gossip Girl)-I'm a bookie. In the books the only thoughts Blair ever has about Chuck is what a disgusting slimeball he is.

Harry/Ginny(HP)-Harry makes Ginny look weak, I've never really liked Harry and putting him with Ginny was kind of the icing on the cake for me.

Ron/Lavender(HP)-I know it was necessary to the plot but it still makes me sick for them to be with anyone but each other.

Icon: tumblr
CClar832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top