Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Ships I'm feeling the love for right now:

Harry/Luna

Jeff/Annie

Jeremy/Tyler

Old 04-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Harry/Luna were adorable. I really need to reread the Harry Potter series someday, I miss them.

Castle/life

I love this vid, it's so... Castle.

Castle/Beckett

Jaime/Brienne

And some of my favourite friendships:
Harry/Ron/Hermione

Doctor/Donna

Doctor/Amy

Beckett/Ryan/Esposito

Aziraphale/Crowley

I'm so glad they'r going to make a mini series based on Good Omens.

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Old 04-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Joinig the Harry/Luna love

“That’s right,” said Luna encouragingly, as if they were back in the Room of Requirement and this was simply spell practice for the D.A. “That’s right, Harry… come on, think of something happy…”
“Something happy?” he said, his voice cracked.
“We’re all still here,” she whispered, “we’re still fighting. Come on, now…”
There was a silver spark, then a wavering light, and then, with the greatest effort it had ever cost him, the stag burst from the end of Harry’s wand.

This right here is why I ship this flawless couple that never was. Few words from Luna made this miserable boy who lost everyone and everything feel hope again and think of happy times other than being killed by his misery, literally. This girl gave him hope, light, joy that he never knew in life. These two completed each other so perfectly and the saddest thing is - they just failed to realize it.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by austendarcy (View Post)
I did and I was so happy that they finally got married, but it ended so quickly. Hopefully she returns again and maybe with his child?
I was disappointed that she left again and didn't like the way she was written out. GH isn't what it used to be. I do hope she comes eventually.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air (View Post)

Someone hold me. I'm having a Titanic meltdown right now. So here goes.

I saw the movie in theaters when I was 8 years old. I begged my parents to let me see it until I wore them down and my dad took me. Up until that point, I had never known what film could make you feel, what it could do and to what scope. It was the greatest three hours of my little 8 year old life and I continued to be obsessed with it for a good few years. In 4th grade my friends and I would re-enact the end with the most perfect impression of the guy that goes "Is anyone alive out there!!!"

When I got to middle school I tucked it away under childhood relics only to be brought out on occasion, and in a semi tongue and cheek way. I'd watch the 2nd tape first with my boyfriend and would generally bro out over the disaster movie aspects.

In high school I popped in the DVD (the tapes worn and antiquated) and my best friend got scared anytime they transitioned from young to old ship, young to old Rose's eye and it was hilarious. It was around that time everyone started getting mad because Jack could have fcking gotten on the damn door.

In college it'd be on ABC family and the roommates and I would have it on a random tv, going in and out as we did other things, but it was a staple.

Titanic is my childhood. It's the movie that made me love movies. It's the film that inspired me to become a filmmaker. It opened my eyes to that world and truthfully, it's never really left my side, and I've never really left it either.

Seeing it in IMAX 3D was incredible because it wasn't just watching the movie--which I've done a thousand times to the point where I know every line and facial expression--but that I was experiencing my childhood again. I was experiencing the thing that changed the world 15 years ago. And whether you like it or not, let's face it, Titanic changed the world.

There are images, shots, sequences and lines that everyone knows by heart. They are ingrained in film history and made iconic now. And it was incredible to watch on the big screen. My friend even leaned over to me and whispered "where would we be without that shot?" about something famous and awesome, though I forget what.

And then there's Jack and Rose. Jack. The quick talking, charming as hell and full of bullsht as ever guy that doesn't mean anything to anyone in the world - until Rose. The trapped, forward thinking, quick-witted girl whom he saves. And yes, the romance can be cheesy, but underneath they're really just two complete weirdos who are too smart, too clever and think too much for their times. They just get each other and that's why they work.

And then Jack shakes in Rose's arms and Rose becomes an action hero. And then Jack does everything he can in the world to protect her. And it's beautiful because their roles are continually being reversed. Gender roles are skewed and the power dynamic is like a sea-saw, going back and forth. And when they need to escape, survive, fight for their lives - they do it together. There is no lesser partner, or weaker one. They are completely equal, which I think is partly why their story is one of the classics now.

And of course it's not just about crazy kids falling in love. It's about liberation. Jack saved her life. He really, truly did. And I kind of think in a way, she saved his. It's terribly ironic and tragic, but though the story is told as if Jack was only meant to be her savior, she loved him when it seemed he had no one in the world.

And Jack was so alive. He was so vibrant and humming with energy and charm and he glowed with his entire presence. Which makes his death tragic, but what's more tragic is that only one person in the world knows that he existed. And even then he exists in her mind and her memory and nowhere else.

There is no remnant of Jack Dawson left in the world and that's the most tragic thing of all.

To this day I don't think there has been such a sensation as Leonardo DiCaprio after Titanic was released, no matter who the IT guy of the moment is that everyone fangirls over. I don't think anything has matched the Leo phenomenon. And rightly so, because the movie was magical, Kate was a revelation, but Leo was the life, heart and soul of that movie 100%.

Wow, I need to stop and post gifs now. See?! FEELINGS. Please feel free to ignore this. I'm using this thread as therapy.

The end. /feelings.

Perfect post is perfect. Everytime I watch it, I feel like a 13 year old Leo fangirl again and transported back to my teenage days when the movie was all the rage and the story was just the most beautifully tragic and heartbreaking thing ever.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

DEAN AND SAM WINCHESTER

"You save my life over and over, you sacrifice EVERYTHING for me. Dont you think I dont do the same thing for YOU?" -Sam Winchester

"I got you, I'm gonna take care of you. Thats my job, right? Watch out for my pain in the ass little brother?" -Dean Winchester

"You're my big brother, there's NOTHING I wouldnt do for you." -Sam Winchester

"As long as I'm around nothing's going to happen to you." -Dean Winchester

The best brothers in the universe of brothers EVER. I just gah, this relationship. The way they never give up on each other? Its inspiring, really. No matter what happens, the Winchester brothers will ALWAYS have each other's backs. ALWAYS. And its been proven time and time again.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Rory/Amy
The spoiler pics!!

Spoiler:

Matt/Karen
Matt/Karen/Arthur

Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
Perfect post is perfect. Everytime I watch it, I feel like a 13 year old Leo fangirl again and transported back to my teenage days when the movie was all the rage and the story was just the most beautifully tragic and heartbreaking thing ever.
Sarah! Exactly! It will always always always be special to me.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the lightning (View Post)
Titanic I can't watch the ending anymore, too many tears.

Brooke/Lucas

Flawless couple full of flaws but it made them flawless

All this talk about Titanic, i'll watch it this week end hopefully, fangirling over Leo since then

"But now you know there was a man named Jack Dawson and that he saved me... in every way that a person can be saved"

Dan/Blair, always Dan&Blair, it's all about them

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Rebecca/Marlene

Oh man, I'm really worried. Their storyline has so much potential for fail but I can't help it. Rebeeeeeeccccccccaaaa
Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Someone hold me. I'm having a Titanic meltdown right now. So here goes.

I saw the movie in theaters when I was 8 years old. I begged my parents to let me see it until I wore them down and my dad took me. Up until that point, I had never known what film could make you feel, what it could do and to what scope. It was the greatest three hours of my little 8 year old life and I continued to be obsessed with it for a good few years. In 4th grade my friends and I would re-enact the end with the most perfect impression of the guy that goes "Is anyone alive out there!!!"

When I got to middle school I tucked it away under childhood relics only to be brought out on occasion, and in a semi tongue and cheek way. I'd watch the 2nd tape first with my boyfriend and would generally bro out over the disaster movie aspects.

In high school I popped in the DVD (the tapes worn and antiquated) and my best friend got scared anytime they transitioned from young to old ship, young to old Rose's eye and it was hilarious. It was around that time everyone started getting mad because Jack could have fcking gotten on the damn door.

In college it'd be on ABC family and the roommates and I would have it on a random tv, going in and out as we did other things, but it was a staple.

Titanic is my childhood. It's the movie that made me love movies. It's the film that inspired me to become a filmmaker. It opened my eyes to that world and truthfully, it's never really left my side, and I've never really left it either.

Seeing it in IMAX 3D was incredible because it wasn't just watching the movie--which I've done a thousand times to the point where I know every line and facial expression--but that I was experiencing my childhood again. I was experiencing the thing that changed the world 15 years ago. And whether you like it or not, let's face it, Titanic changed the world.

There are images, shots, sequences and lines that everyone knows by heart. They are ingrained in film history and made iconic now. And it was incredible to watch on the big screen. My friend even leaned over to me and whispered "where would we be without that shot?" about something famous and awesome, though I forget what.

And then there's Jack and Rose. Jack. The quick talking, charming as hell and full of bullsht as ever guy that doesn't mean anything to anyone in the world - until Rose. The trapped, forward thinking, quick-witted girl whom he saves. And yes, the romance can be cheesy, but underneath they're really just two complete weirdos who are too smart, too clever and think too much for their times. They just get each other and that's why they work.

And then Jack shakes in Rose's arms and Rose becomes an action hero. And then Jack does everything he can in the world to protect her. And it's beautiful because their roles are continually being reversed. Gender roles are skewed and the power dynamic is like a sea-saw, going back and forth. And when they need to escape, survive, fight for their lives - they do it together. There is no lesser partner, or weaker one. They are completely equal, which I think is partly why their story is one of the classics now.

And of course it's not just about crazy kids falling in love. It's about liberation. Jack saved her life. He really, truly did. And I kind of think in a way, she saved his. It's terribly ironic and tragic, but though the story is told as if Jack was only meant to be her savior, she loved him when it seemed he had no one in the world.

And Jack was so alive. He was so vibrant and humming with energy and charm and he glowed with his entire presence. Which makes his death tragic, but what's more tragic is that only one person in the world knows that he existed. And even then he exists in her mind and her memory and nowhere else.

There is no remnant of Jack Dawson left in the world and that's the most tragic thing of all.

To this day I don't think there has been such a sensation as Leonardo DiCaprio after Titanic was released, no matter who the IT guy of the moment is that everyone fangirls over. I don't think anything has matched the Leo phenomenon. And rightly so, because the movie was magical, Kate was a revelation, but Leo was the life, heart and soul of that movie 100%.

Wow, I need to stop and post gifs now. See?! FEELINGS. Please feel free to ignore this. I'm using this thread as therapy.

The end. /feelings.
This post is absolutely amazing, and this is how I feel. I saw this movie when I was five years old, FIVE years old. And this movie has stayed with me unlike any other movie. This couple has stayed with me unlike any other couple. Like you, I know every line, every scene, every facial expression, yet I feel all the same whenever I watch it. The story, their love, their characters are so within me - seeing it in theaters, for the first time, seriously has been a childhood dream. And when I finally saw it, I couldn't help but hysterically cry at the end. I cry every time I see the movie, but this was different. I simply adore this movie And Leo/Jack Dawson are forever my number one.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
This post is absolutely amazing, and this is how I feel. I saw this movie when I was five years old, FIVE years old. And this movie has stayed with me unlike any other movie. This couple has stayed with me unlike any other couple. Like you, I know every line, every scene, every facial expression, yet I feel all the same whenever I watch it. The story, their love, their characters are so within me - seeing it in theaters, for the first time, seriously has been a childhood dream. And when I finally saw it, I couldn't help but hysterically cry at the end. I cry every time I see the movie, but this was different. I simply adore this movie And Leo/Jack Dawson are forever my number one.
ahhhh FIVE?! You beat me! I've never found anyone who saw it in theaters younger than I

Also this has now unleashed more old school feelings for movie couples soooo:

Still these two:

And then these:

Aaaaand:

Then the life ruiners:

Old 04-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Cappie/Casey

I can no longer listen to this song without thinking of this exact vid. I had heard the song before ever watching the vid, but for some reason, these two have formed a connection in my head that I just cannot break. Cappie/Casey is one of the most realistic, genuine, healthy couples I've ever seen. They got their rightful happy ending. Perfect in every single conceivable way.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

KENDALL/CARLOS

I swore I'd never ship a real life couple but my god I'm shipping them like crazy and they couldnt be more doomed if I tried. BUT LOOK! THEY ARE ADORABLE OKAY?

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Brandon/Dawn

My LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread