Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

Couples of the Moment #203: All I want is to be your harbor. The light in me will guide you home.

Rules:

♥ No bashing of ships, characters, and real life people. (ex: shippers and actors/actresses)
♥ Occasionally mentioning your love for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to loving couples.

Continue the love!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Extreme Fan

From the old thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
I know, right? I really really don't get how it could be cancelled so early. The only reason I can think of is that it wasn't promoted in the right way, because the whole cast is extremely likeable, and the story is so compelling and I'm sure that if given a chance it could become one of the most loved shows ever. I've only watched eight episodes so far and I already list it as one of my favourite shows ever, I can't imagine what it would become for me if I had entire seasons to watch and enjoy.
The show was completely screwed over by Fox. You know the epic feature-length pilot that established the complex mythology of the verse and the characters' backgrounds and relationships? Yeah, the network decided that it wasn't "action-oriented" enough and made them right a new pilot at incredibly short notice, and didn't air the actual pilot until after the show had finished. The showed the rest of the episodes in a completely random order, meaning that several of the "previously" bits mentioned episodes that hadn't aired yet. They moved the time of airing around several times and repeatedly moved it at the last minute in order to show sporting events instead. And there was pretty much 0 promotion whatsoever.

Shortly put, if I ever see a Fox executive, I will take that opportunity to punch him in the face.

Quote:
And I totally agree about Doctor Who. The concept of the show is genius. I may love some Doctors and some companions more than others, but there is not one season I dislike. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes your head spin sometimes and best of all it makes you think. I think few shows can compare.
Doctor Who is one of those few shows that can do anything. Not just in the fact that that its premise literally allows the writer to do any story they want, at any point in time and space, but it the fact that it can have you laughing one minute and crying the next. It has horror, mystery, drama, comedy, action, romance... literally anything you can think of, this show has it in spades. It's the most well-rounded show on television and I think that's part of the reason why it has such a wide appeal (in the UK at least, I know it still hasn't really taken off in America - it really should because it's amazing).

My OTP of the moment:

COMMUNITY/RETURNING TODAY

I've missed this show so much. I don't think I can ever gush about it enough. It's a perfect show. The funniest, cleverest, most engaging, most original comedy ever written, with the greatest cast of characters. This is a show that everybody should be watching. If you're not watching it already, watch it tonight. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jeff/Annie

This is their season, I can feel it.

Troy/Britta

They need more scenes!

Troy/Abed
Abed/Annie/Troy
Jeff/Britta
Abed/Britta
Pierce/Annie
Jeff/Troy
Jeff/Britta/Shirley/Pierce/Annie/Abed/Troy
Everyone/Everyone else
Abed/Life
Britta/Life
Troy/Life
Everyone else/Life
Community/Existence
Old 09-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Just coming in to post OTP's:

Spike/Buffy
Freddie/Effy
Sawyer/Kate

Irreplacable, amazing, epic, forever love, etc

+

Lucas/Peyton
Nathan/Haley
Booth/Brennan
Harry/Luna
Ron/Hermione
Stefan/Caroline
Damon/Elena
Eric/Sookie

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 09-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Title is perfection

Castle/Beckett. My beautiful, flawless OTP. Their relationship progressed slowly and steadily, just like my love for them. I started out liking them- really really liking them. But I didn't quite love them, not at the beginning. Just as Rick and Kate got to know each other and learned to work together, I got more and more invested in them. I got to see them go from reluctant partners... actually, no, scratch that. She was a reluctant partner. He was a sexy 39 year old man going on 10 who wanted inspiration for his books and followed her around to crime scenes and murder investigations like an overgrown, enthusiastic puppy. But the thing was, he had a knack for getting into the criminals' minds. He was inventive. He had connections. He proved to be an asset to Kate and the 12th, rather than a liability. And eventually, Kate couldn’t deny it anymore, just like she couldn’t deny there was more to Richard Castle than met the eye. He was a dedicated professional, a wonderful father, a loving son. A loyal friend.
As for Rick, he found in Detective Kate Beckett the perfect leading character for his new series. She was the mystery he knew would make a good book, a tough woman with both brains and guarded passion in spades. She was wounded, too. Her mother had been murdered years ago, in what looked like a theft gone wrong. The killer had never been caught. It was the case that haunted Kate, what had made her become a cop in the first place. To get justice. But after years of disappointment after disappointment, she just couldn’t do it anymore. She felt she couldn’t handle any more leads that went nowhere, any more dead ends, so she gave up. But then Rick Castle came along, whose persistence was only match to hers, and opened it again. He did it without her permission and paid dearly for it. She cut him out the second he told her about it. But the thing was, the forensic examiner he’d hired had found something. A break in the pattern, so to speak. And now Kate had to face the fact that her mother had been targeted.
Rick and Kate went through this together. They’ve always gone through everything together. They haven’t always liked it, but they both know they complement each other. As partners, they don’t have rivals. If they can’t close a case then no one can. But what they’re both trying to understand is that they’re partners in so many other ways. Rick has already come to terms with it- it took Kate being shot for him to say the magic words, to say “I love you”, but he finally stepped up. As for Kate… well, she needs more time. She knows what she feels for him, but she doesn't quite know how to handle those feelings just yet. In a scene in the last season’s finale, in a moment of overwhelming frustration and anger, she turned Castle’s words around and made him (them) face the truth: they’re more than partners, they’re more than friends. They’re in love. Even if she hasn’t said it yet it’s obvious in the way she looks at him, in the way she’ll do anything for him, including killing the man who killed her mother before she could find out who hired him to do so because he was holding Rick at gunpoint. She believes in him, just like he believes in her. She worries about his daughter, about his mother. She makes him think and he makes her laugh.
Rick and Kate are the most beautiful, poignant, powerful love story I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching unfold. There’s nothing about them that can be called epic and they’re certainly not each other’s firsts. But they’re better than that- they’re real. They’re real and they’re healthy and they’re inspiring. They’re two attractive, responsible adults, they have experience in life, and that’s exactly how I know they’re the real deal. Because they’ve had the chance to live and grow and they still choose each other. There’s a word Castle and Beckett seem to love but only use with each other- Always.

+ Elijah/Elena
Buffy/Angel
Dan/Blair
Arthur/Morgana
Luke/Lorelai
Brooke/Lucas
Rory/Logan
Leonard/Penny

Old 09-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

Freddie/Effy

credit

Damon/Elena

credit

Chuck/Sarah

credit

Spencer/Toby

credit
Old 09-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
From the old thread...

The show was completely screwed over by Fox. You know the epic feature-length pilot that established the complex mythology of the verse and the characters' backgrounds and relationships? Yeah, the network decided that it wasn't "action-oriented" enough and made them right a new pilot at incredibly short notice, and didn't air the actual pilot until after the show had finished. The showed the rest of the episodes in a completely random order, meaning that several of the "previously" bits mentioned episodes that hadn't aired yet. They moved the time of airing around several times and repeatedly moved it at the last minute in order to show sporting events instead. And there was pretty much 0 promotion whatsoever.

Shortly put, if I ever see a Fox executive, I will take that opportunity to punch him in the face.
Wow, I had no idea all this happened. No wonder the show didn't sail, then.
Sadly, it doesn't seem to be that popular here in Italy, either. I think it was only aired once after the movie came out, and not really promoted. I (thankfully) discovered it just because it is often referred to in Castle (Nathan Fillion seems to be still attached to the role. ) and I got curious.
I still have to watch a bunch of episodes and the movie, so I have no idea how it will conclude, but I wonder if another movie might be realized in the future. I imagine it wouldn't be easy to reunite all the original cast at this point, though...

I'm willing to check out Community, by the way. Sounds like my kind of show.

Onto the love:

Castle/Beckett Flawless couple in a flawless show.
Daniel/Betty
Doctor/Donna
Doctor/Rose
Amy/Rory
Mulder/Scully
Harry/Ron/Hermione
Harry/Luna
Pacey/Andie
Dawson/Jen

Jaime/Brienne Weird thing is, I hated Jaime in the first book, and then Martin managed to turn him into one of my favourite characters. It is not easy to create believable grey characters, and I most often find dark character's "redemption arcs" too forced to be enjoyable, but I think Jaime's journey was really well written. And Brienne is such an amazing character, I love how they both were able to grow and evolve through their partnership. I think I will be fine even if they just remain friends, but a romance between the two could be great. I can't wait to see howw their relationship will be played on the show.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Jack & Ianto

456: You said you would fight.
JACK: Then I take it back, alright? i take it ALL back. BUT NOT HIM!

IANTO: Once you cross through there's no going back.
JACK: Why would I want to? I've got you back, Ianto.

IANTO: Dont forget me.
JACK: Never could.
IANTO: Thousand years time, you wont remember me.
JACK: Yes I will, I promise I will.

My beautiful tragic and flawless OTP forever. I will ALWAYS love Jack and Ianto together. No matter who Jack ends up with in the next series, his relationship with Ianto will always hold my heart forever.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 09-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome, bbs.

Reposting from the old thread:
Spike & Buffy

Damon & Elena

Cappie & Casey

Doctor & Rose

Rory & Amy

Buffy & Angel

Max & Liz

Logan & Veronica

Dan & Blair

Kurt & Blaine

+
Stefan/Caroline
Tyler/Caroline
Jesse/Rachel
Puck/Rachel
Xander/Anya
Oz/Willow
Tara/Willow
Michael/Maria
Eric/Sookie
Ezra/Aria

Etc., etc., etc. I could go on for ages.

Possible new ships:

Bridget/Andrew
Nick/Jess
Jess/Schmidt
Old 09-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame.of.love (View Post)
TFTNT

Freddie/Effy

credit

Damon/Elena

credit
So beautiful

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
Wow, I had no idea all this happened. No wonder the show didn't sail, then.
Sadly, it doesn't seem to be that popular here in Italy, either. I think it was only aired once after the movie came out, and not really promoted. I (thankfully) discovered it just because it is often referred to in Castle (Nathan Fillion seems to be still attached to the role. ) and I got curious.
I still have to watch a bunch of episodes and the movie, so I have no idea how it will conclude, but I wonder if another movie might be realized in the future. I imagine it wouldn't be easy to reunite all the original cast at this point, though...
Yeah, tbh I don't think it's likely that we'll see another movie. It's been too long. But at least we'll always have the original.

You are so lucky to still have episodes to watch. I'm on my third rewatch now.

Quote:
I'm willing to check out Community, by the way. Sounds like my kind of show.
You definitely should watch it.

All-time OTPs:

Barney/Robin
Josh/Donna

+
Angel/Cordelia
Harry/Luna
Mini/Franky
Jeff/Annie

+
Amy/Rory
Sid/Cassie
Annie/Mitchell
Wesley/Lilah
Stefan/Caroline

+
Buffy/Faith
Elena/Elijah
Mal/Inara
Ron/Hermione

^I've tried to separate them different categories of how much I love them.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Castle / Beckett

Now avalaibe, my new vid

Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
From the old thread...

My OTP of the moment:

COMMUNITY/RETURNING TODAY

I've missed this show so much. I don't think I can ever gush about it enough. It's a perfect show. The funniest, cleverest, most engaging, most original comedy ever written, with the greatest cast of characters. This is a show that everybody should be watching. If you're not watching it already, watch it tonight. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Jeff/Annie

This is their season, I can feel it.

Troy/Britta

They need more scenes!

Troy/Abed
Abed/Annie/Troy
Jeff/Britta
Abed/Britta
Pierce/Annie
Jeff/Troy
Jeff/Britta/Shirley/Pierce/Annie/Abed/Troy
Everyone/Everyone else
Abed/Life
Britta/Life
Troy/Life
Everyone else/Life
Community/Existence

for this post. Bring on the new season of Community. I am ready for it. Can not wait.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread! Since it's a new thread I wanted to bring this over.

Potential ships

Andrew/Bridget (Ringer)

Source

Source

Adam/Cassie (The Secret Circle)

Source

Source

Schmidt/Jess (New Girl)

Source
Old 09-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

House/Cuddy - This video makes me cry.