Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
All true.

Their love/connection was So strong and beautiful.

They had everything it takes for a lasting relationship.

Because they went through hell and back together.

I have never seen a stronger love/connection in any of my other ships.
Agreed

After all they went through they can make it through everything. They could have easily given up on each other but they chose to stay by each other's side till the end. "I love you. Spike" - where Buffy's last words on the show, last words in all seven seasons. Spike was the man in her life. Even Joss said so.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Thank you bb. And I haven't watched Xena in million years as well, but the other day I found a blog on Tumblr dedicated to this show and went extremely nostalgic This show was like nothing else and probably the first television show that actually made me emotional, laugh, cry, think about it all the time There was just something about it, something you can't forget even after so many years And XG story and friendship was epic indeed. I think Xena will always be one of the strongest impressions in my life when it comes to television.
That's the case for me too, it was one of the first shows I watched as a pre-teen (I think ) and I remember being fascinated and impressed over the fact that these were two strong, tough women who didn't need men to survive and that really left an impression on me. And the storylines were emotional and intense and made you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty ones (View Post)
~-Sarah-~, I've yet to see Captain America but I just wanted to say that I love Hayley Atwell. Ever since The Duchess. So it's nice to see her [in some form] get some love here.
Yay, I'm also glad to see her get more love here Natasha. I haven't seen her in anything else but she literally blew me away in Captain America so hope you get to watch it soon. The movie overall was solid but she was the best part of it for me. Fierce BAMF in charge in a world dominated by men? Awesome.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
That's the case for me too, it was one of the first shows I watched as a pre-teen (I think ) and I remember being fascinated and impressed over the fact that these were two strong, tough women who didn't need men to survive and that really left an impression on me. And the storylines were emotional and intense and made you feel.

This but especially the bolded part I was also pre-teen (10-11) when I watched that show. It was not the first show that I watched but the first one that made me feel so much, feel for characters and think about them, analize their actions and choices, having heartbreaks for them and being happy for them. It was definitelly the most impressive show in my life and this strong impression and emotional response was like nothing else before. I still have all those feelings for it even though it is different now. I loved the evolation of both Xena and Gabrielle: Xena's story of redemption and Gabrielle's journey from lively bard to becoming a warrior and Xena's equal in every way. I enjoyed other relationships they had too, romantic and non-romantic. I think Xena was the first show where I actually shipped something I shipped Xena/Ares, Xena/Harcules, Xena/Gabrielle, etc. I just loved all the relationships there and I think writers actually put a lot of substance in them, all of them where meaningfull and important.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Addicted Fan

I made the new thread (hope no one minds!) and the title's probably been used before, but I was listening to Hardest of Hearts and it was the first thing I thought of/I got lazy.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/couples-.../#post58042561