Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Couples of the Moment #190: Because we WILL go down with these ships.

Rules:

♥ No bashing of ships, characters, and real life people. (ex: shippers and actors/actresses)
♥ Occasionally mentioning your love for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to loving couples.

Post away, people.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ricky/Adrian

I can watch that scene to infinity and never get tired of its beauty, honesty, and utterly pure TRUE LOVE!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Taken from the other thread:

Because Nikki's post reminded me of ANOTHER couple I love

Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor

JUSTIN: You kissed me? In front of everyone?
BRIAN: Yeah.....you should've been there.

JUSTIN: WE really danced to this corny old song?
BRIAN: I prefer to think of it as, ridiculously romantic.

BRIAN: Hey stud, you want to dance?
JUSTIN: Shut up.
BRIAN: I promise you wont forget this one.

God these two. They are so much more than just sex. There's a real connection there. Justin Taylor is probably the only person who can get Brian Kinney back to reality, and the only person who loves Brian totally and irreversably for who he is. And Brian......god Brian is so protective over Justin it just warms my heart. And he helped Justin grow into the person he was in the final scene. They are AMAZING

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Love the title

Speaking of a ship I'll go down with no matter how much the show walked all over it:

Brooke/Lucas. I don’t love these two as much as I used to, but they still hold a special place in my heart. They were one of the first couples I shipped and the very first couple I ever shipped hardcore. I’ve come to acknowledge a lot of flaws in their relationship that I missed the first time I watched, but I still believe that Brooke Davis and Lucas Scott should have ended up together- and they do in my mind. Their story, though not always well written (it is OTH, after all), is the most beautiful and transcendental relationship both characters lived. It was not always easy. Far from it. This is about their journey in S1 and the first half of S2.
Brooke started out as the footnote of another love story. Throughout S1, it was always clear that Lucas’ heart lay with Peyton. When he and Brooke started interacting, it wasn’t because they wanted to be together or had found something in common and wanted to explore it. It was because they were worried about Peyton. Period. Sure, Brooke had wanted to sleep with Lucas since the first time she’d seen him, but it wasn’t any different than all the other affairs she’d had. What made it different, what made him different?
Well, it was the fact that he didn’t throw himself at her. Nothing more, nothing less. It was just a challenge, something intriguing and interesting in an otherwise boring town. She pursued him, used every single seduction tactic she’d learned in her short but illustrious career as “the school ****”. Only, it wasn’t working. And he didn’t see her as a ****. That’s why Brooke found herself drawn to him, because she saw herself through Luke’s eyes and for the first time in her life she liked what she saw. It was a hell of a shock, and not only for her. He was surprised too, was surprised to find out that there was more to Brooke Davis than met the eye. There was a girl who cared deeply about her friends, who had a lot of feelings she didn’t know how to express, that were buried somewhere deep within her heart because no one had ever given her the chance to express them before. In that sense she and the girl he liked were similar- only Peyton tried to bury the pain in her art and music and Brooke tried to bury it by tuning into “easy, empty-headed cheerleader” mode and forgetting herself.
After what happened with Peyton, Brooke continued to pursue Lucas. And this time he didn’t push her away. Was it because he had feelings for her too? No, it was not. It was because Peyton had rejected him so he turned to someone else. It’s hard to tell which one was more stupid in this situation (Seriously. If a guy drops everything to save your best friend and is clearly into her, you do not, I repeat, you do not try to date him. And if the girl you like rejects you and you absolutely need a rebound, then for God’s sake do not go for said girl’s best friend. Think about their feelings and the friendship you could potentially destroy. Jeez). But I don’t ship BL because I think that they’re two stupid people who should be stupid together. I ship them because I love the worlds that they open up for one another. Lucas gave her books, not in a “let’s make this dumb girl smart enough to date me” way, but because he wanted to share things that were important to him with her. Brooke tried to make him loosen up- she wanted to make him laugh. She did make him laugh, which was one thing he did not usually do. Did I ship them yet? No, I didn’t. Lucas was still into Peyton, which became crystal clear by the way his expression fell when she showed up at his place ready to open up her heart to him and saw Brooke there instead.
Now begins what I like to call “the beginning of the triangle from hell”. After all these years, I’m still at a loss as to why Lucas didn’t break up with Brooke and waited a reasonable period of time to ask Peyton out again. Instead, he remained with his girlfriend, even though it was obvious she had fallen for him hard and deserved better than to be led on by a boy who didn’t like her enough. Worse, he got involved with Peyton long before breaking up with Brooke. And although he did feel bad about hurting her, this supposedly brilliant guy didn’t for a second think that what he and his blonde girlfriend (let’s separate them by hair color for distinguishing purposes, shall we?) were doing might cost a broken heart and a broken friendship. By the time his brunette ex-girlfriend found out about LP, the damage was already done.
To be honest, here I started rooting for Brooke and Peyton to make up and kick Luke’s ass. It took a while, but I got my wish. This girls’ friendship had lasted too long to be irreparably broken because of a guy. When S2 started Brooke and Peyton were stronger than before. They confided in each other, they trusted each other, and they were always there for the other one. This season was an amazing one for the fans of BP’s friendship.
In the meantime, both Brooke and Lucas grew. Separately, may I add. He realized he did not like the person he was becoming and decided to change it, decided to start over. Brooke found herself in a situation she’d never expected to be in and was pushed into making changes she didn’t want to make at all. The roots of their evolution were separate, the paths they took were separate too.
Lucas learned from his earlier mistakes. He started over with Brooke and Peyton, kept getting closer to his brother and was forced into pulling a Teen!Sherlock Holmes to destroy Dan (hey, look at Mark, not me. I didn’t come up with it). Brooke, on the other hand, had to do something horrible- in her opinion, at least. Get a job. Even worse, a job where she had to dress as a crab and take orders from a tyrant wannabe. But she wanted to pay for her car insurance so she stuck around. But then something happened. She wasn’t the only girl who needed the job and she definitely wasn’t one of the girls who needed the job to live. There were more and she wanted to do something about it. In true Brooke Davis fashion, she approached it as a mission. With a not so gentle nudge from her boyfriend at the time, Brooke organized a revolution and got what she wanted. But she also got something else- a desire to explore what else she could do, to, in Peyton’s words, “shake things up a bit”. So she did something she never would have thought she’d do: run for school president.
Lucas helped her out here. It wasn’t easy to be near her and watch her with Felix, because there was something else that had changed for Luke. The girl in his heart. I agree that it was sudden, the way he realized he wanted Brooke. But I believe that once he and Peyton broke up in S1, he realized they really were better off as friends. Maybe it’s because he had been into Peyton long before he actually got to know her, but I see S1 LP as an infatuation, a sweet first love. Once they broke up neither one of them attempted to work towards reconciliation. At first it was for Brooke, yes. But once he came back? Brooke was with someone else, there was nothing standing between them. And yet nothing happened. Lucas grew to care about of them. He left a letter for both girls when he left Tree Hill with Keith, he called both of them to organize Nathan and Haley’s party. And somewhere along the way he began to regret what he’d lost. This became evident to me by the time he found her at the beach, annoyed and sad and just about ready to pull a Damon Salvatore and snap the neck of the first guy who dared talk to her. They stayed out all night- and, judging from Brooke’s “We should do this more often” and “I mean, be friends”, all they did was talk, have fun. Be friends. And they were good at it. Only, there was more between them than friendship. They both knew that, they just weren't ready to face it.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great BL post.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Brittany/Santana -

credit

1. Heather Morris and Naya Rivera are flawless goddesses and without them acting insanely adorable this Glee Live Tour, I would not be able to make it through this hiatus.

2. It's going to be so sad when Glee comes back and Santana's still in the closet and BS aren't together.

Sam/Quinn - I've been watching some season 2, and gosh, they are adorable.
Sam/Mercedes - They didn't have many moments, but still, I thought they were extremely cute together and was looking forward to more from them.
Sam/Santana - Just hilarious.
Sam/Life - So many conflicting reports about Chord leaving or not. He's not being promoted to series regular, but instead just staying a guest star. Which makes me hope that his role will be the same as his role in season 2, but because of some reports, it sounds like he's either not coming back or his role is being reduced majorly. Which sucks. Because he's one of the few guys that I really love.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Percy/Annabeth
"A vague sadness weighed on Percy’s chest.
Something told him he’d been to San Francisco before.
The city had some connection to Annabeth -
the only person he could remember from his past.
His memory of her was frustratingly dim.
The wolf had promised he would see her again and regain his memory -
if he succeeded in his journey."

Ria
Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Absolute Fan

I am loving Jacob&Bella so much right now. There is just something about them that makes my heart melt and break. They had one of the most realistic and breathtaking relationships I have seen. They loved each other so much and they were so happy together. They were just two teenagers who fell in love and had a beautiful friendship that developed into so much more. I knew they were doomed from the start, but I still loved them so much. Everything about their love was pure and human in a book series that was pretty much the opposite. I just adored everything about them and I really think that they were perfect for each other.

"But I’ll never see anyone else, Bella. I only see you. Even when I close my eyes and try to see something else. Ask Quil or Embry. It drives them all crazy."

“Until your heart stops beating, Bella.”

“Kiss me, Jacob. Kiss me, and then come back.”

"I’m in love with you, Bella. Bella, I love you. And I want you to pick me instead of him. I know you don’t feel that way, but I need the truth out there so that you know your options."

Jacob was right. He'd been right all along. He was more than just my friend. That's why it was so impossible to tell him goodbye - because I was in love with him. Too. I loved him, much more than I should, and yet, still nowhere near enough. I was in love with him, but it was not enough to change anything; it was only enough to hurt us both more. To hurt him worse than I ever had.

"I’m exactly right for you, Bella. It would have been effortless for us — comfortable, easy as breathing. I was the natural path your life would have taken… If the world was the way it was supposed to be, if there were no monsters and no magic…"

"He’s like a drug for you, Bella. I see that you can’t live without him now. It’s too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun."

"I used to think of you that way, you know. Like the sun. My personal sun. You balanced out the clouds nicely for me."

“The worst part is that I saw the whole thing - our whole life. And I want it bad, Jake, I want it all. I want to stay right here and never move. I want to love you and make you happy. And I can't, and it's killing me.”

"I think it's too late for that, Jake. How can we be friends, when we love each other like this?"

"I'll always be waiting in the wings, Bella. You'll always have that spare option if you want it."

"Love you, Jacob."
"Love you more."

I can’t believe how much I love them. Somehow they have become one of my all-time favorite couples. So beautiful.
Reshop Heda - Icon
Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Monice Gellar/Life: She is so amazing.. I am pretty much just like her.. especially how OCD she can be She is my favourite friend and I love all of the friend characters soo much

Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto Jones

JACK: "And this is Ianto Jones, Ianto cleans up after us and gets us everywhere on time."
IANTO: "I try my best."
JACK: "And he looks good in a suit."
IANTO: "Careful, that's harassment, sir.

ACK: "I found my doctor."
OWEN: "Did he fix you?"
JACK: "What's to fix? You don't mess with this level of perfection."
IANTO: "Are you going back to him?"
JACK: "I came back for you."

JACK: There's got to be another way, there's got to be an antidote!
456: You said you would fight.
JACK: Then I take it back, alright?! I take it ALL back. BUT NOT HIM!

I am so obsessed with these two its not even funny. They are an amazing couple and I love everything about them. I wish we got more from them than we did, but there isnt a doubt in my mind that Ianto Jones is one of the greatest loves in Captain Jack Harkness's existence.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutfan05 (View Post)
I am loving Jacob&Bella so much right now. There is just something about them that makes my heart melt and break. They had one of the most realistic and breathtaking relationships I have seen. They loved each other so much and they were so happy together. They were just two teenagers who fell in love and had a beautiful friendship that developed into so much more. I knew they were doomed from the start, but I still loved them so much. Everything about their love was pure and human in a book series that was pretty much the opposite. I just adored everything about them and I really think that they were perfect for each other.
ICA. It's the real deal and these two really should've ended up together. There's so much more I'd like to add, but that's probably better suited for the Couples You Dislike thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutfan05 (View Post)
I can’t believe how much I love them. Somehow they have become one of my all-time favorite couples. So beautiful.
I have a handful of couples from various TV shows/movies that I feel this way about and it's always such an amazing feeling to find a couple that makes me love them as you've described. It's almost like your whole body just feels airy and weightless because of how fantastic and true they are. That's when you know you've found a real pairing. For me, they include:

Ricky/Adrian (The Secret Life of the American Teenager)
The Doctor/River (Doctor Who)
Jacob/Bella (Twilight)
Ben/Amy (The Secret Life of the American Teenager)
Grace/Jason (The Secret Life of the American Teenager)
Lucas/Peyton (One Tree Hill)
Claudia/Fargo (Warehouse 13/Eureka)
Mohinder/Eden (Heroes)
Charlie/Hiro (Heroes)
Sylar/Elle (Heroes)

Last edited by Princess Pinky; 07-05-2011 at 09:44 PM
Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

ROBERT PATTINSON/LIFE:
The love I have for Robert Pattinson is non-removable! It can't be shaken or stirred or switched or die or sway and start to lag. My love for Rob is boundless. Rob is so unbelievably talented, he has an amazing ability that allows him to fully adapt to any character that he plays. Rob also has an amazingly beautiful and haunting singing voice. I am so in-love with his songs 'Never Think' and 'I Was Broken'. I remember first seeing Rob in a movie called 'The Ring of the Nibelungs' it was such a ridiculous movie, but I always thought Rob's character was such a cutie. I honestly didn't start really loving him until 'Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire' in which he played the well liked and heroic Cedric Diggory. I remember crying my eyes out when he died. And then there came Twilight... I remember being so flippin' excited that Rob was cast as Edward. I ended up falling even more head over heels for the tousled hair beau. Then came movies like 'Remember Me', 'Water For Elephants', 'Bel Ami' and 'Cosmopolis' which all showcase different appreciations of his acting abilities. Movies like 'The Bad-Mothers Handbook', 'How To Be', 'Little Ashes' and 'The Haunted Airman' are also treasure movies for any hardcore fan. Rob is one of the most genuine, humble and unique actors out there. He is one of a kind, he is always so appreciative of his fans and makes sure they know it, he is extremely funny and witty and doesn't mind speaking about what is on his mind. Rob is a treasured gift in the world of acting.. I honestly wish there were more like him out there. Rob in addition to being extremely talented and just being a generally awesome dude.. well my Rob.. well he is most definitely a stud muffin. Rob is so incredibly good looking, he has gorgeous locks of hair, beautiful greeny-bluey-gray eyes, an incredibly structured jawline, pouty luscious lips and he is definitely my type of man in the long and lean department....mmmm... yummy!! All in all.. Rob is just an amazing man and he is extremely talented in all his arts. He is definitely a phenomenon and he is here to stay!!

I LOVE HIM SO, SO MUCH!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ron/Hermione
JT/Liberty
Lucas/Peyton
Damon/Elena
Lilly/Marshall
Pam/Jim

Couple parallels/Life

Fake Weddings FTW!!!

HP/Life
DtNG/Life
OTH/Life
TVD/Life
HIMYM/Life
The Office/Life

be pure-hearted & rebel-minded
Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Chuck/Sarah
Olivia/life
Old 07-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
Monice Gellar/Life: She is so amazing.. I am pretty much just like her.. especially how OCD she can be She is my favourite friend and I love all of the friend characters soo much

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...0/Friends2.gif
This is one of my favourite episodes of Friends ever! "Mom, dad...I'm drunk!"

----------

Thom/Alex
Harry/Hermione (as friends)
Ron/Harry
Harry/Ron/Hermione
Ron/Hermione
Harry Potter/LIFE

Freddie&Sam

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top