Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Couples of the Moment #144: I'm on my guard for the rest of the world, but with you, I know it's no good

Rules:

-No bashing of ships, characters, and real life people. (ex: shippers and actors/actresses)
-Occasionally mentioning your love for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to loving couples.

Reposting mine from the end of the last thread. The title is a result of me listening to Taylor Swift while making this thread.

House/Cuddy

Angsty, screwed up and so goddamn perfect for each other despite it all. I don't know if they'll get a happy ending (probably not) but that doesn't matter, because they're two people who will always come back to each other. He's the love of her life and she's his, they're soul mates without doubt. I think they more than earn that description. I'll always regard them as my ultimate OTP.

Harry/Hermione

For me these two are the true OTP of the series despite not ending up together. What they had transcended friendship and romance, it was on another level above those things. They'll always be connected, always a part of each other. Again I feel they truly earn the right to be described as soul mates. An epic literary relationship despite ending up with other people.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Spike/Buffy - I haven't felt this way about them in so long, but I really cannot stop thinking about them. Spike's love for her is just so deep, you can't help but feel such love for them at times. I love seeing their relationship develop through the seasons - the good and the bad. I don't love everything about their relationship, and to be honest - I wouldn't feel right with them ending up together, not just because of Buffy/Angel - but it doesn't matter because with them it's so clearly about the journey, the story. They don't really need labels or an ending. It was perfect the way it was.
All this is So true.

They had an amazing journey that I wouldn't change. They made each other better people. They stood by each other through the good and the bad. That's what I call love.

I just disagree about them not having to end up together. I can't help but want that.

I get what you mean. It is about the journey for them though.

I think it good that it's left open ended.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Peter/Olivia
Erica/Jack (V) - I know he's a priest and all but I cannot help it.

+
Pillars of the Earth/Life - (because I'm always late for the party. Ha.) I'm still in episode/part 2 but it's soooo good I'll squee over the ships later on.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT.

Barney/Robin Nooooooooo. I just started shipping them and the writers break them up already? The buildup was pretty amazing so it really bites that it ends so quickly and suddenly and Barney goes back to his womanizing ways just like that. He's better than that and I hate to see how it's all swept under the carpet by TPTB.
Grey's Anatomy Season 6 finale/life - Whoa. I have to admit, I've all but given up on this show a long time ago but this finale blew me out of the water. It was so heartbreaking, intense and sweet all at the same time.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT.

So before I bring over my post from the last thread:

Quote:
THANK YOU! PL where my OTP of Charmed and I always prefered Phoebe/Coop to any other Phoebe pairing. First of all, I think it makes a perfect sense: Phoebe was always very passionate and she was a goddes of love in one of the episodes.. and he is a cupid Also I really like him as a character and though I think the ending of Charmed was really rushed, but I do love Phoebe/Coop as a couple and I'm sorry we didn't get to see more of them.
I don't know anyone else who loves Phoebe/Coop, so you don't know how relieved I am to know that people do like them. I only got into Charmed when it was in its last season (I watched the repeats on TNT in the mornings), but Phoebe/Coop was the one pairing that I got obsessed with and wrote several stories about. They do make perfect sense, that's true. And I just love how Coop removed the block from her heart and then fell in love with her himself.

And of course, PL is just one of the best married couples even though they had so much conflict.

Cappie/Casey
Words can't express how much I love them. They are one of my first OTPs, and truly, they are my ultimate OTP. Their story has been fraught with so much angst and tension, but never have I doubted that they belong together. Unlike so many other couples on TV, they aren't bogged down by too many love triangles or unnecessary conflict: all of their conflict comes from valid sources. They are definitely the quintessential college relationship, so realistic and so vivid. I hope to have a relationship like theirs some day, because their bond cannot be broken and they seem absolutely perfect for each other. I have no idea what I will do if they don't end up together, but I have confidence that they will. I don't normally use this word, but they are epic. And they deserve their happy ending after everything they've gone through.

Damon/Elena
Every couple of days, I wonder if they're usurping Cappie/Casey as my favorite couple. I don't think they are, but they are truly perfect. Their buildup is amazing, their angst and UST is through the roof, and I have faith that their journey is only just beginning. I am not thinking about endgame. What I am thinking about is Elena's slow realization of her feelings for him, that first kiss, all of their firsts. They have a long way to go, but they have "something." Something that will keep them coming back to each other.

Doctor/Rose
Gah, I can't describe them. To me, there was something so very innocent about them: the way they could just look at each other and know how the other felt, the way they would just hold hands and hug and everything would seem all right again. They were devoted to each other one hundred percent. Their story didn't have the happy ending that I envisioned, but they irrevocably changed each other. They are definitely the "stuff of legend." The perfect pair, the perfect couple. Everything about them was perfect -- even their bittersweet ending.

Logan/Veronica
Two flawed people who love each other. They are both screwed up in so many ways, but when they're together, there's nothing better. I haven't watched the entirety of Season 3 yet (primarily because I know what happens), but I have a feeling that they are the sort of couple that will always end up coming back to each other, time after time. They are undeniable.

Amy/Rory
He waited two thousand years for her. Amy was willing to die for him. If that doesn't scream true love, I don't know what does. Unlike all of my other couples, they don't form a central part of the show, but they are just sweet and light, giving me that hint of romance that I look for in all of my shows. They are the first married couple on the TARDIS. The girl and the boy who waited: it's so suitable that they end up together.

Chuck/Blair
When I say this couple, I only mean the first two seasons, because they were flawless there. Just like Logan/Veronica, they were two screwed up people who somehow found peace when they were with each other. They are both guarded people, but they let their guard down when they were with each other. From their beginning in Victor/Victrola, I fell in love with them. I will never stop being disappointed in the way their story got so screwed up in Season 3 and beyond.

Honorable mentions:
Piper/Leo
Phoebe/Coop
Jesse/Rachel
Puck/Rachel
Tyler/Caroline
Matt/Caroline
Lux/Eric
Damon/Emily
Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Total Fan

Watching season five of BtVS, so:

Buffy/Spike
Xander/Anya
Willow/Tara
-- wouldn't say I love them or ship them, but I'm definitely warming up to WT.
Buffy/Xander/Willow
Buffy/Giles
Dawn/Buffy
Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Brooke/Lucas They were so perfect together.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingintherain (View Post)
Brooke/Lucas They were so perfect together.
I second this They were amazing!

Ron/Hermione
Sawyer/Kate
Logan/Veronica
Damon/Elena
Buffy/Angel
Rory/Jess
Jesse/Rachel
Sydney/Vaughn
Richard/Kahlan
Bridget Regan/life

Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonray13 (View Post)
I second this They were amazing!

Bridget Regan/life
[/B]

Completely agree on this

John/Aeryn
: Just started S2
Ria
Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Malachy McKinney & Pauline Fossil

I've never shipped a crackship/AU pairing before but these two..... . No this has nothing to do with my R/Hr love, nothing at all....

Jesse & Rachel
Ron & Hermione
Damon & Elena
Tim & Lyla
Emily & Toby
The Doctor & Amy
Amy & Rory
Anne & Henry
Jonathan Groff & Lea Michele
Theo Stockman & Lea Michele
Prince William & Kate Middleton

Jonathan Groff/Life
Blake Lively/Life
Cara Mason/Being a BAMF
Anne Boleyn/Being a HBIC
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-grey (View Post)
[B]
Erica/Jack (V) - I know he's a priest and all but I cannot help it.
I so agree with this ,they are way to sweet to Not ship ,He might be a Priest but I think he's becoming more then that for the World and for Erica and I can't wait to see how this all evolves.

Sarah
I so agree with you on the Barney and Robin thing, I ship them and they go down the drain *pouts* what's up with that *shrugs* however I do think that they'll get back together *smirks* I have a few theories that I totally hope come true (or at least one of them) but we shall see.

(my ships)
Jack and Elizabeth
Daniel and Betty
Barney and Robin
Ted Mosby/Life
HIMYM/Life
Nate and Sophie
Parker and Eliot
Parker and Hardison
Parker,Eliot and Hardison
Leverage being Filmed in my State/Life
Leverage/Life
Me and My Dog
*smirks* I had to say it cause well he's being so darn cute right now
any Chihuahua/Life Again Had to say it ONE because my Dog is a Chihuahua and Two they are just cute dogs.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
All this is So true.

They had an amazing journey that I wouldn't change. They made each other better people. They stood by each other through the good and the bad. That's what I call love.

I just disagree about them not having to end up together. I can't help but want that.

I get what you mean. It is about the journey for them though.

I think it good that it's left open ended.
It was just so well developed and written and planned I can't help but sometimes be in awe of their scenes. It's like in season six when they have this incredibly sexual and rough experience - you can't help but believe that after all this time they are in that place. But then you get to something like Touched, and you can't believe that they are there. A moment like Touched is almost surreal compared to everything else they've been through because that moment was so intimate, so close. They surprise you all the time - that's why I love them.

So right now I'm all about:

Buffy/Spike
Buffy/Angel
Buffy/Giles
Lily/Marshall
Barney/Robin
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
It was just so well developed and written and planned I can't help but sometimes be in awe of their scenes. It's like in season six when they have this incredibly sexual and rough experience - you can't help but believe that after all this time they are in that place. But then you get to something like Touched, and you can't believe that they are there. A moment like Touched is almost surreal compared to everything else they've been through because that moment was so intimate, so close. They surprise you all the time - that's why I love them.

So right now I'm all about:

Buffy/Spike
Buffy/Angel
Buffy/Giles
Lily/Marshall
Barney/Robin
Then you have the early seasons that build up to it and they weren't even planned then.

I love everything. The good and bad. Oh and Touched. It's amazing. Spike's speech is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. It still brings tears to my eyes.

Spuffy Always

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love everything. The good and bad. Oh and Touched. It's amazing. Spike's speech is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. It still brings tears to my eyes.
I remember coming across the Touched speech on some random SB livejournal before I had even finished the series, and I seriously thought it was fanfiction or something! I couldn't believe that the writers actually gave them such a beautiful scene like that. Definitely one of my favorite scenes of all time - of any series.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can see where you would think that.

The writers really love Spuffy to have written them So well. Especially in Season 7.

Beneath You.

That ending kills me.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread